Last Tuesday of 2016 - 27 December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Tuesday of 2016 - 27 December

Can you believe today, and the next 5 days are the final days in this year? Where has the time gone? Did I sleep through 2016 or was I so busy I missed it? The pizza party was a mess. The kids are undisciplined and unreplaceable things got broken, sticky stuff (???) got spilled on my stove, my bathroom had to be cleaned, etc. These kids are old enough to know better. I believe that, if you love a child, you discipline them. GRRRRRR OK, I am done with that rant. At least the reindeer bags went over well. They were a really big hit - even with the seventeen-year-old! I did manage to get to Walgreens and I was pleasantly surprised that they had everything ready and correct! I was able to set up my debit card with them so that if I can't get in to pick up my meds they can mail it to me. Or a friend can go pick them up. That will be a great help., I just realized I wanted to get a flu shot and I forgot it. Too bad they can't mail it to me. LOL It seems strange that the Christmas music that played 24/7 on the radio is no longer being played. They are back to the rotten old junk. At least Hallmark is still showing their Christmas movies. I don't have anything planned for the next few days. On Thursday some friends and I will go to lunch and that's about all I have planned. Was today a holiday? The calendar said that today was the observance of Christmas because it fell on a Sunday. I didn't get any mail and I didn't know whether it was a holiday for the Post Office. I hope y'all have a great day. Weather wise it will be a good day in Aiken, SC. It's going to get up to 70 degrees and the partly cloudy. Hopefully, we won't have any rain.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by Punkin; 12-27-2016, 03:29 AM.
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Good morning everyone..

rise and shine..

Another rainy day..And wind..
    To day..It is "Blue Plate special"...It Meatloaf.Special...
    I saw this cute pic..lol..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good Morning! I think we are suppose to have a sunny day.....I sure hope so.

Val...you've been out of the work force for too long. If a holiday falls on the weekend, you get either Friday or Monday off depending on whether the holiday falls on Saturday or Sunday. It wasn't just a PO day off.

Yesterday was good. Spent the morning cleaning here & there. Started thinking of a menu for today's gathering and made a few phone call invites. We then went into town to have Chinese for lunch and make a couple other quick stops. Then my friend Lori who use to do my hair before she moved to SC in October, came and cut Blaise's, Becca's, & my hair. We had a nice chat until she had to go. I then started working on some of the food stuff for today. Around 5pm I kicked Blaise off his PS3 and he started his new Lego set except somehow while asking for help, he deserted Becca and I ended up helping. We made a great team. She built the thing & I searched for the needed pieces. We got the entire castle built and about 4 hrs & we had fun. Blaise popped in & out. He hasn't seen it completed yet. Becca & I then started watching Bull...a new series I have recorded. I like the show.

Today is more cooking & cleaning. After today, I get to rest. Oh....did I mention that our live tree fell over completely on Christmas Day in the afternoon? Yea, and guess what is still leaning in the corner half decorated? YUP! I had planned to have it up until mid-January, but that isn't going to happen. I'm going to look for an artificial tree that already has lights on it. I'm tired of waiting for Corky to do his job. This is two years in a row that my tree has let me down. It's the ONLY decoration in the entire house and didn't get decorated until the afternoon of the 23rd and not 48 hrs later it pooped out on me. LOL! Oh well.

​Have a good one all!

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        I bought one of those pre-lit trees once at Walmart for just $20 and it was so neat. I had to give it away when we moved, but I loved that tree. It looked so real too.

• Punkin
        Punkin commented
        Editing a comment
        It isn't that I have been out of the workforce that long, it's that my brain has not been working. It's a senior moment thing. LOL

Good morning...Yesterday was a good one for me...I didn't do a thing other than unload the dishwasher. napped a lot and watched tv cori stayed close all day...I think she wanted a repeat today...she came back to bed after her breakfast...I wanted to stay with her..but I couldn't had to get up and moving...running behind but headed out the door to work

Comment

Good Morning one and all, it is a quiet morning this morning and a much needed one, been a lot of hustle and bustle going on around here from the day before Christmas Eve until last night it has been a happening place...loved having all my children here, playing games, laughing, eating, etc. most of all having my grandgirls here with us, the last night they told Grandpa he had to sleep in the spare bedroom instead of them because they were sleeping in the king size bed with Grandma, LOL and that they did...lots of special blankets, stuffed animals, American girls doll right in bed with us,

Did you know that authentic Swedish meatballs do not have a gravy on them? they are meant to be eaten with Lingonberry jam. My sons girlfriend is from Sweden and she made them for us and they are so good either cold or warm...and even better on a sandwich made with a bread they make and beet salad...learning a lot..

Well this morning I have started collecting and putting things on the diningroom table and put all the Christmas glassware and coffee cups away until next year. As for the tree, if I can get hubby motivated it will all start coming down today...usually we do it because he has to go back to work, but not anymore, but after it is over and no one else is going to be here time to dismantle everything..Donna we have a tree from Balsam Hill and we love it, this is our second one, our first one we gave to our daughter as it was to big for our room but perfect for hers and they said they got so many compliments on it and they loved the ease of putting it up and lights already on it and a remote control to take care of the lights, but that is an extra option. I believe one of Paula's children ordered one also hope to hear if they liked theirs or not..

Yesterday it was warm out but windy, high of 55, this morning it is calm but cold 29 degrees...now we have to decide what to take to his Mom's house for Christmas she is having here's on New Years Eve afternoon...I really dread on more Christmas, I am worn out...and this morning a sore throat...

Well time to read the news and get this day started, a nice relaxing shower sounds perfect...

Have a wonderful day one and all...so thankful to have you all in my life.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          They Loved it! They had company from Japan that thought it was real.
          And they bought it on Black Friday and got a good price, !

Good morning.
        It's Trash Day for us today. Otherwise life goes on as usual.
        It's 43° out right now, but I see a string of days reaching 73° ahead.
        I've not slept too well last night. I may go back for a catnap yet.

My hair hasn't been "done" for 3 months. I am so ready. Countdown to appointment: 4 days.

Have a great day!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Woke early but laid in bed until late watching movies, then my sister called and we talked for a few hours. Mommy dearest is at it again but that is the norm anymore. I wish I could tune out the world which may be why I spend so much time in bed watching movies. What will I do when the Hallmark movies are over for the season? The last of the leftovers are gone so I need a grocery trip. Need a new shower curtain and hooks so guess I will go to walmart. I just hate going into that store but I will say they did much better with cashiers this Christmas. No exchanges or returns for any of us so can stay away from the madness at the mall. I want so much to take the tree down but will need help and Jon is not off until Thursday. When the holiday decor is gone I will replace it with Spring. Already had enough winter. Once this strike stuff is settled or if son will even have a job with this jacka** union hating governor we will make vacation plans. Andrew has been promised Disney this summer and planning a trip may help me with this doom and gloom feeling I have. I know I am in a downer mood but if I waited for the feeling to lift you may never hear from me again...even though you may wish for once I had something positive to say. Nothing is catastrophic but put all the worries together and they weigh you down. We all know that crabby hateful neighbor and on this street it is me!

Comment

Good after noon.. this is the first the computer has been on since Sat. ......I HAVE BEEN SICK..... to me, the worse kind of sick,, the diarhea, with vomiting at the same time. this hit Sat night after every one was gone.. (2am?).. and went on most of the night.. PLUS.. both ankles decided to spasm.. ( probably the lack of fluid).. left me as limp as a dishrag.. and so dehydrated. I 'm still feeling ycky... it was a family thing... Baby Logan started and then his parents.. ..my Son in law, gd daug Hannah.. son Mark... so much for a HO ho Ho Christmas... although it did wait until we were done.. ....

I will have to go back and read the last two days.
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I hope you are feeling better ❤️

Comment

Just popping on to read and let you know I am having a great visit in WA with my son and his family.
                I will post in the morning.
                Rainy but we have been busy, They saved most of the cookies I ordered for them from Donna. I have had 3 and I have been here only 24 hours!

Comment

Working...
                X