Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ December 22 ~ National Re-gifting Day

Good Morning!

Did you know Re-Gifting is a thing? It is actually OK to do this as long as you follow specific guidelines.

Much warmer here this morning. Don't even have a fire.

Plans are coming into focus. Two of Nancy's kids are coming in on Friday so that makes 13 of us and I have been given my orders on what to make. So today it's to the market I go.

Hope everything is clicking along for everyone.
    Janet, I haven't read any breaking news about an elderly man and his cat, so I guess you let them live.

Have a wonderful day.
    Last edited by ladyebug; 12-22-2016, 06:52 AM.

Good morning Rounders. No, Ladyebug I did not know that. I have done it in the distant past, but felt guilty about it. There was an article in our local paper re: re-gifting recently and they say the best thing to do so you don't get caught is to not do it. Just accept it or not accept at presentation.

So, it's a chilly 45º here and that's fine by me. Nothing on the agenda today except putting the Yard Waste can on the curb. I have all those brown tree trimmings from Lowe's that I made that huge wreath with and it turned ugly brown.

Have a good one.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Good Morning! I guess no sunshine today. Yesterday's sunrise was gorgeous.

Yesterday was good. I got my nut logs made, the apple pie for the doctor's ofc, and FINALLY made the nut horn cookies from my customer's family recipe. I had been procrastinating on doing those. They're made & if I don't make another cookie, I am done for the season with cookies. Shall we take bets on whether I stop or not? LOL! Had a few customers stop by to pick up their orders & had nice chats with them. I feel good!

Not sure what all I'll get into today. Might go into town & pick up a few groceries...or not. Definitely going to clean a bit. Have already been doing that this morning in the kitchen. I actually have a full sized counter showing. Laundry is a definite. Have to fill out paperwork for insurance coverage. Want to get all the pie crusts in pans & ready for baking tomorrow & Saturday. May make some of the fruit fillings. Oh the possibilities are endless!

I've regifted a few times. Usually I'm so thrilled with whatever I get that I wouldn't think of giving them to someone else. My husband's family was terrible. You could almost guarantee that at least 2 or 3 things had to be returned. They were not gracious receivers. My husband is so embarrassed receiving gifts and is terrible about showing appreciation. I tell him every year to smile & say thank you.

Time to get lil man up and out the door. Last day of school for 2016.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

Ladybug: i do not knoe that eaither....Me too..

No riant o day..It will be nice it will be in the 50's.

Karlinann,I bet that wreath looked nice..OH NO..On the brown....
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          Sassy, it was big and beautiful with a big red bow at the top.

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Karlinann,I bet it is beautiful..Too look at..

Good morning...don't have much time....wanted to make sure that my computer was fixed..Cori made it a toy..bad kitty...headed for the shower and out the door...not really wanting to work today...kind of in a funk..

Please pray for my God mother....too much going on there to begin...will do another post later...lets just say life isn't fair!

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear you Bethina.

Good Morning to all....so much hustle and bustle going on around here...

Elaine can't say I have ever regifted, I would not be able to do that, I am a grateful receiver...
        Bethina pray for you Godmother.
        Maye I hear ya, between cats and other things going on I think I do need a long vacation..

Today is hubby's last day at work, he has been a big help for me this week, he has done a whole lot of wrapping, cooking, and tomorrow he says he will clean house...Please his heart..

These cats are going to be the death of me yet, one is recuperating from his second surgery and now the other one has a yeast infection in his ear and his balance is off big time but he doesn't realize it and he has tried jumping from my computer desk to the top of the wall cabinets twice and has come crashing down twice, first time broke a piece off of my printer, this morning he did it and came crashing down and knocked a full cup of coffee all over my keyboard, desk, floor, things went flying everywhere and then a few minutes later he got sick all over my couch....

And yesterday at my infusion I noticed the nurse seem to check on me more frequently than she usually does, kept asking if I felt okay, etc., etc. well after I was finished she proceeded to tell me that my Dr. had ordered an EKG on me seems she had been talking with my Dr. and after the test was found I was in AFib and they wanted me to wait on the cardiologist to come in, well I was very hungry and sitting in a room all alone, ask if hubby could bring me lunch, so after an hour they said they didn't know when the Dr. would be in so my Dr. said she would talk with the heart Dr. and get back with me...I had this once in 2009 and have been fine since then, guess the stress is getting to me...so I left and went grocery shopping and getting other things done I needed to do...now just waiting on a phone call....hubby is upset first they make a big deal out of it, then just let you go and no one has called me yet..

Well my keyboard is working for now, hope I don't have to buy another one...so need to get off of here and get more things done that need it...

Happy Holidays to all of you...so glad to have you here..
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          It was probably the stress Boff, but they should have followed up by now. That is very unprofessional to get a patient worked up and not follow through. This is your heart they are talking about. Nothing to put off.

I am ready for a day off, but that won' t be for a couple of more days, so gearing up for today's party. tomorrow I will have just two kids...I am planning on some kind of small fun day for them.
        Tonight is a community Christmas concert that Becky, my mother and I are attending. so glad my neighbor mentioned it.
        I plan on re-gifting a few things I have had for some time and told one person to just not mention it on Facebook. I told her the vase had been a gift, but I had not used it and want someone to enjoy it. I already know the watch Spencer and Nikki sent me is too small and I hope it can have some links added to the band. I will take it up to the jeweler's next week. It is beautiful and they know I love to switch watches with my outfits. This one is definitely a Sunday/dress up watch. Amazon announced on the enclosed card what it was so that is why I think I know it will be too small.
        I need to get going...yesterday the temperature got up to 66*! And this morning it is warmer than it has been and for some reason I just can't get into hurry up mode!
        Have a great day and (I am speaking to myself here) enjoy the preparations and anticipation of the day.
        Elaine, I still haven't bought the food I need and I will be making that list today. Once I get the daycare party over I will have a bit more of my brain to work with, I hope!.

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula do you manage the Day Care alone? I used to work for a daycare long ago and I had the babies. Precious!

Good morning! I just got up about 8:30 (CT). I don't even try to go to sleep until James is home at night because I know his dog will wake me when he gets here. That dog is a walking ball of excitement and barking! Anyway, I don't get to sleep until very late....actually early in the morning, so sleeping later in the morning works for me. Well the cookies are don and a few of the packages are wrapped. Will finish up Jay's today as he is off tomorrow and don't want to have to dodge him to get it done. Ham is thawing and need to do a grocery list after I consult some recipes. Will be glad when New year is here and pray for a better, happier year this year. Hugs to all. Enjoy your preparations but don't wear yourselves out.....it only lasts for a day! Ho HO HO
        Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Good morning.
          We had rain yesterday after all. We had rain overnight as well....puddles still on the concrete outside. Colder weather today, thru Sunday, and very likely more rain ahead.

Yesterday, I saw the surgeon at noonish....well, him and two members of his team.
          The "checkup" was scheduled for just 15 minutes.
          I didn't expect to get my staples removed already, but they removed them.
          He said he'd been worried about me....the fibrosis problem...... but in the big scheme of things I'm doing great.
          I still have another 4 weeks of recuperation to deal with, but after that things will be back to "normal". I'm not sure I still remember *normal*, but okay. I shouldn't be still getting sleepy or tired so much, he says. Meanwhile he wants me to continue wearing the band around my middle. It holds everything in place, including the stuff absorbing the drainage, which hasn't completely stopped yet. But it's good to know my outlook is good.

So sometime today I really do need to contact my hairdresser and get an appointment. No hurry for a Christmas cut. New Years is good enough, before or after. I look like s shaggy dog, and not particularly looking forward for a "do" in this weather. The natural curl will throw it all off. Story of my life. So hopefully I'll get an appointment when the weather is better.

Nothing much going on here.
          I don't actually regift things. But they might find their way to someone who likes them, eventually. We did receive a few stuffed animals which made their way to Goodwill already. Some kids will be very happy to get them.
          Some people will have some holiday items of clothing that I've removed from my closet....good as new, really.
          I also drop in a number of free calendars I get.....some places send 2-3 at a time. Unsolicited. I hate to trash things someone else might put to use, so Goodwill gets them.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day! Cinders, it's good to see your post!
          Holiday tension builds up. Make someone smile today.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X