X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ December 4

Good Morning, Everyone.:

Cold, rainy, dreary Sunday.

Don't expect many will show up at church, but I have my casserole ready for the oven. Just hope I don't end up bringing most of it back home.

Got lots of time before church, so I guess I'll find something to dust or wash.

Sharon, I'm so glad they discovered the problem with your kitty and are now prepared to help him.

Hope you all have a very good Day. Hugs ~ ~ ~

Up very early as normal but this morning I have to get moving. We are making a 4 hour trek to visit an ailing cousin of my husbands. He had very little family and he and his cousin were very fond of each other. Not looking forward to that long drive. Blues lost last night in overtime but it was a good game. We had a row of college age guys behind us and they were fun...row behind them were a group of Canadians and since were playing a Canadian team that was fun to listen to. Good clean fun with both groups having a few beers and enjoying the rivalry. Glad you got to the bottom of your kitties health issues Sharon. Elaine are you in line for the temps in the teens later this week? Weather sure does change fast once December arrives! Happy Sunday everyone...I will spend a total of 8 hours of mine in a car....how many meals out can I stretch that into? I know all I think about is food and how to get someone else to cook it.

Comment

Good chilly morning here also...think we finally finished the decorating yesterday...got my village out that has not been out of the box in over 6 yrs. felt good...also will be glad when my kitty finally gets some relief from his misery, it has worn me out physically and mentally....get him well after his surgery and hopefully things will get back to normal..

Maxie, sorry about your ailing cousin on hubby's side, even though it is a long drive, the appreciation and satisfaction will be worth it....and yes, please get a whole day off from cooking, LOL...I have done that the past two days, enough things around for me and the hubby to fin for ourselves...I will make a tuna noodle casserole today..

Elaine what kind of casserole you making?

Well tomorrow will be a busy day, take the cat in around 8:00 a.m. then head out of town for dentist appt. that I have had the cancel twice so didn't think I best go for three when they set up kitty appt. then will come home and start on a few cookie doughs while kitty is at the vets...will make what I usually make, sugar cookies and gingerbread men/women and make some buckeye balls to get ready to dip in chocolate..my Grandgirls already ask if I would make them cookies, wasn't planning on it but they are only young once and they want Grandma's cookies..

Time to get this day started, thinking some waffles and sausage sounds good this morning...so off I go to start them....hubby is still in bed..Have a great day one and all...of yes, my daughter sent me a picture of them and their tree we gave them, it was from Balsam Hill and they loved it...it was too big for this house, I got a smaller one. Was great seeing a picture of the grandgirls beside it looking all happy..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope she posts it on Facebook and tags you so we all can see!

Good morning everyone.

​Sharon, tell Rufus he has to get better or else I won't have anything sleeping at my feet. Just so Sam doesn't get jealous, he can sit on the puter desk and watch me while I type.

​Is wet outside, but I don't think it is ice like they predicted. Still haven't made up my mind to go to Church today or stay home and recoop. for another day. Have already had my shower just in case I decide to go.

​Everyone have a good day, and Maxie...be careful on that long drive.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning ...

Mark here bright and early....finally got a nights sleep... went to bed about 10. and to sleep. woke at 1. bathroom and back to sleep until almost 6am.. yea...

Yesterday was a day full of people and conversation.. the Funeral was first. with a lunch afterwards in the same church building .. the ministers eulogy was so uplifting . no tears , . the wife was very composed as were the family.. met and talked with a lot of long term friends from that church. (we went there for 40 years. ).. later in the afternoon. I went to
        "set" with my daughters mother-in-law.. she had a stroke .recuperated to using walker .. but the dementia and stoke affected her memory. ( and attitude).. but we had a delight 4 hours. because I took her memory back to our earlier lives. we talked grandparents. and farm life. she might not remember whats going on today..and . it was the first time that the daugher who she stays with, did not get phone calls. with her crying for them!.. we share grandchildren ...Im not sure she knew exactly what my name was .. but if I made her day brighter.. it was a good day!!!.

today, cold , nasty.. maybe go for lunch .. D. will be football ing.. Steelers at 4.30.. Im still trying to get the computer to down load e books... might have to buy a new reader....one connected directly by wi-fi.. and by- pass my old computer... would be better than buying another computer.. but I MUST have access to the E books.. so convenient in the winter.

Elaine.. is the casserole ingredients freezable.? if lots left over ,bring home and freeze....
        Hi Sharon. so happy to hear Kitty is on the mend.
        Hi Maxie do NOT envy your long ride... but you will not regret the visit... we drove 2 hours one way to see DAvids Sister 4 weeks ago.. she is now in hospital .. tubes everywhere in her....she is filling with fluid and having breathing difficulties... so hoping she fights off pneumonia.. so glad we went when we did and had a great visit with her.

time to get off this chair and get organized for the day.. want to write out C. cards today . in mail tomorrow.. step one of my C. plans. .
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning.
          Not a thing going on here. I just need to concentrate on the medication and food schedules these next two days to be ready for Tuesday's surgery.
          But I'll find things to do. I've been spending too much time in my books. I need to move around more. Both E & I look forward to being done with the bags. (Yesterday's new bag lasted less than a day! Defective one.). But after the surgery, they said to expect pain, lack of energy, and sleepiness for several days. That brings up my mixed feelings about all this. But I may as well get it over with.
          Today's cold weather shouldn't be so bad. Rain (which never happened) is not in the forecast now, so temps will try to get closer to 70°, at least for the next couple of days.
          So, with nothing much worth adding to this post, I'll just wish everyone a very good day! 😄 Keep smilin'.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning...I ended my day yesterday in the ER...with a migraine and panic attack... I felt sort of yucky all day...and being out in the cold didn't help a whole lot...but I did enjoy the time with family both days of shopping...I would have been fine with one day of shopping...

I have one more Christmas gift to get ...and I will ask my mom to order it due to it having 7 dollar shipping....then all I have left is my secret santa gifts one for next Saturday and one on the 23. I ordered the gift cards for my mom and that is my favorite gift that I am giving...I called her favorite little coffee shop in il and they are sending me gift cards.

Right now I am trying to wait for my sisters family to get out the door to their church so I can freely get ready to go to my Bible Study.

Comment

Good morning and it should be a nice day. Yesterday was sunny and no wind so it felt good with low 60's.
              I finished at the church cleaning in about an hour. Two cute little girls that a young father brought followed me around. Their dad was doing heavy, loud vacuuming and it was easier to talk to me. Age 3 & 5 and mature enough to talk and ask good questions..anyway, made it fun. I was able to do more than the two big bathrooms, added the glass doors and dusting the chapel and straightening the hymnals.
              When I went to Walmart for a birthday gift the Toys for Tots were collecting at all the doors. They had representatives from all the law and fire agencies and the high school brass band and the Salvation Army band and Santa. I walked in at one door and asked the Sheriff's deputy there how it worked...he was not smiling or very friendly. So I walked out a different door and deposited my gift there. they were super friendly and as I drove out I took a picture and told them it was going on Facebook if that was ok. Inside there were people in the toy aisles shopping just for the toy drive. I was looking for the gift and the toy drive. I bought a design your own purse with Minnie Mouse on it that I know my age preschool girls would love! I may go back and get one for each of them as their present.
              Beth, one of the causes of migraine I have read about it going from hot (inside stores) out into cold...when shopping, try to keep your neck covered when you go out and don't get too warm in the shops. Once I got a horrible migraine that ended in the ER like yours. I had been at my BIL's with their wood stove cranking out the heat and then out into the cold winter night and the ride home in a car the heater wasn't working and that was all it took. Anyway, they gave me an article and the big difference inheat on our head and neck was listed as one of the top three reasons of migraines.
              Ok, my wet hair is telling me it is time to go dry it before it dries in the shape it is now...not a good look for my age.
              Becky made a chicken salad yesterday for after church today and then I am going to finish the raking where my neighbor's pomegranate tree has dropped some fruit and where leaves are caught between her garbage cans (nice lady but she leaves the cans on the street). My yard looks so good since my brother and his two grown kids raked it all up.
              I am trying to do a month of service and need ideas of things to do that don't take money. It is easy to donate but not something I can do everyday. I did do a donation to the fund Dolly Parton set up for fire victims. And the toy drive, but I do that every year anyway. The raking for my neighbor's tree will be my service today, and I can make goodies, but if you know someone who would appreciate a card or drawings from some little kids or any other ideas I would appreciate it!
              Have a great day!

Comment

Paula - Check with the Senior Residences. The elderly often appreciate drawings and handmade cards from children.
                Ask the receptionists how many people they have, so you can have the kids make enough that everyone has one.

If you can take the kids there during the daytime, they can sing a couple of carols to the people as well.
                For some residents, it will be all they get for Christmas.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Afternoon all!

Yesterday was good. I got Blaise's room cleaned & organized and just need to mop the floor. Got all the laundry done and all put away and changed the sheets on the beds. Was plugging right along when the restaurant called & ordered 2 pies. Well I don't just make 1 PB pie, and make 3 at a time so that when they call again, I can just take one out of the freezer. They bought the last one the day before. I was doing good then my Mom & brother Ray stopped by to drop off stuff from a friend's apt they cleaned out. The couple are now in the nursing home part of the complex. So I sorted through the stuff & some I'm keeping & some I'm giving to the girls for their apts. Ordered Domino's pizza for supper since it was 50% off. I lost all my get up & go and didn't get the carrot cakes baked like planned. Oh well.

This morning was church & SS. Came home & HAD to take a power nap. I don't think they've got me on enough thyroid meds. I have an order for blood work this week for her to check my levels. A new customer just stopped to pick up her order. She was SO NICE! I made up a tray while she waited (and taste tested) so that she could share it with others and sent her with some lists. She ended up buying two more dozen cookies. Now to get busy and make those two cakes before I have to leave for the church to help with the Live Nativity. I'm working the refreshments part INSIDE. Works for me!!!!

Becca just called...her Check Engine light just came one....crap....it's always something.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good evening ...

was a good day... went out for lunch... the place was really busy.. and thats good.. for the servers.. the young lady ,( fairly new, but nice) . when I commented on how busy she was. she said.." its great for the servers , they get more tips. but I make $8 an hour, Im really busy too..".. when we were leaving, i slipped her a dollar. and told her. on my hour ,she earns $9. an hour.. she just grinned and thank me. silly thing to do.. but was fun.. ...

got the c. Cards all sorted out . addressed envelopes on computer because my hand writing is getting wobbly.. that took a lot of time...

trying to get the days set up for bun making .and another for cookie baking ... still have not heard back from one of the Granddaug.. looks like it will be this weekend .Sat for buns...Sunday afternoon for cookies.. this might be the last year as my girls are growing up fast .. they are 24.23. 19 and 16... as long as the 16 yr old wants to make cookies we probably will.!. already 23 yr old Carrie wants to ask her friend to come too.. all are welcome.. the more the merrier.
                    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                    X