And so the month of December begins, Thursday, Dec.1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so the month of December begins, Thursday, Dec.1st

Good Morning...started my morning by getting the ham & cheese sliders in the oven and ready for hubby to take to work today, also make buckeye brownie cookies for him to take...and now reading the news and drinking my cup of coffee....not much time this morning, need to get my shower and head out the door to my hair appt..and man do I need it, I got about 4 different colors going on right now... shall get all one color first, then will foil other color in...and a much needed haircut.

Well my kitty is still not well, it is about to get on my last nerve, I am doing all that I can, but just can't believe after 9 years that all of a sudden he is stressed out because we left him here but he got good care by the same people who have always cared for him...

Got the finalization done on our trip in April, Hawaii here we come...guess that will be hubby's retirement gift, LOL....he officially has 16 more working days and trust me his anxiety is running over into our day to day life...(not in a good way) I keep saying this too shall pass...

Time to get moving...have a great day one and all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning....

My kitty was extra loud this morning...and then got in the garage while I went out to get a soda to take to work....she is back in the house and quiet and had her breakfast all is well in her little world...she is finally pretty used to all the people in the house....but tonight my cousin is coming so she will be scared again..another new person new smell...

work...meeting...hair appointment....out to dinner with who ever goes is my agenda for today...some place in their I want/need to clean my room.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

I had trouble with my kitty too..My kitty jump on my bed early in the morning..

I saw this pic..And cheer everyone up..With there kitty..

I had to the morning chores..Clean the house and vaccum..
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Cute picture!

Good Morning .

yeap December got here... ..and this morning the weather is cold and getting colder all day.. maybe a bit of rain.. but definitely a dark overcast day... was so down and depressed feeling yesterday... it was my warning prelude I guess....
      .. first the problem with not being able to download ebooks from the libraries.. still not solved..

then call from a dear friend ,( my sons age)... who is an alcoholic.. she was in the midst of the awful results of binge drinking .. so sick and miserable. called me.. just to talk.
      yesterday, and then again this morning .

then got call from DAvids niece.. his sister, Bonny, is back in hospital.. on ventilator.. filling up with fluids.. which are not wanting to drain off.. heading for pneumonia. outlook, Bad.
      this is the worse news. and finally another of our good friends that we used to visit and partner with over cards.. the husband passed on Tue... he had Alzheimers

so must look for happy news.. and came to visit you all.
      Jostoy .. are you any better?
      Bethina.. you have a nice busy life..
      Sharon,, slow down a bit.. don't need you down and sick
      Elaine, how is John doing ?...... and whats new with YOU?
      Pat... do you get busy this time of year?.
      Hi SassyGirl... got a kitty for me today?
      To the absent folks who might be reading ,,,Nalani, Punkin, Barb.Kim, Justy.JoS. Connie, etc

HiPaula. see you all later.

might go to walmart. when I get enough coffee into me..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I feel 100% better than I did a couple of days ago. It is starting to break up. Thanks for asking, Maye.

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope today is much better, Maye.

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maye..Let see...

Started a post and lost it...what do these crazy fingers push that does that so often? Going to the mall and finally finish this shopping. Son is going along and the only good thing about that is he will drive. He is not a shopper but a browser..he can browse for hours and it drives me crazy. Get in and get out and have lunch is the way I like to shop, especially if I have a lot of stops to make like today. But, like I said he will do the driving. Yesterday the elf came back and spread out on the hall floor with the lego advent calendar on top of him. Mistake! You cannot touch the elf or he will lose his magic so we walked around that thing all evening...Andrew was pretty happy with it but it was a little inconvenient when you needed to use the bathroom or go to your room. But he was pretty darn cute all spread out on the floor...now I need to come up with a month of cute places to put the darn thing. You know a lot of this Christmas stuff we bring on ourselves like hiding elves every day and decorating anything that isn't moving. Which reminds i need to dig out the snowman plates to use for evening meals this month. And then hauling out the real Christmas china that needs to be hand washed before you use it one time and then put back away...see, we make a lot of stress for ourselves. Oh well, going to attempt to drink my coffee with this whale of a fever blister that appeared overnight. Not complaining since it could have been a Rudolph nose and we all know how people think those are so funny! Have a great Thursday and don't do anything you don't want to do!

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        There are a lot of ideas on Pinterest for Elf on the shelf, maxie. If you aren't on Pinterest, let me know and I will look some up and post here. I have daycare kids who talk about their elf...
        thanks for the reminder about the dishes. I just located the tub with mine. I had put them away for awhile and decided to use them again this year.

• cookielady
        cookielady commented
        Editing a comment
        The oatmeal cookies came out much better today....no blobs.

Good morning everyone.

​As I said to Aunt Maye, I do feel so much better than I did the last 2 days. Yesterday I mulched leaves in 4 yards, and I think the cold air got the "crap" starting to run out of my head. This morning the "junk" in my chest has broken loose. So now I'm almost back to being a happy camper.

Today I have to go pay a bill, and go get a few things at Wally World. We are to get some of the white precip and that frozen water later this week. I'm not looking forward to this winter. Especially since I was living in the south for 3 months last year.

​On a brighter note, my counter tops are in, but haven't heard from the installer yet. I had told him that I didn't want them installed until the first or second week of Dec. Figure he'll call me next week . After the counter tops are installed, then the tile man will come out and measure for the back splash. At least the tile I've chosen for that is in stock, so no waiting for that. After all that is done, then I'll call the painter to paint all my cabinets. So you can see that I'll be into Jan. at least before my kitchen is complete.

​It had better look like I have it pictured in my head since I'm staying here for the upcoming COLD winter that is predicted.

Better get a move on so everyone have a great day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        What color are the cabinets now and what are you having them painted?

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Paula, the cabinets are oak, but they are showing their age. They will be painted a light grey.

Good morning, all!
      Maye, I thought of you yesterday when I saw a post a friend put on Facebook. It is her son and Nyles from DWTS! I am not sure why and where it was taken, but her son is deaf and a college student.
      We decided to use our Christmas tree in storage. Becky has a friend who said they would cut us one this weekend, but I think it will be easier and less stress to put up our pre-lit, non drying, no needles dropping tree...still not positively sure. For the fresh smell I always buy a wreath from the grocery store and hang it inside.
      I am later today and need to get myself in gear.
      Boffler, enjoy the anticipation of your Hawaii trip. Who all is going with you? What island? I am excited for you and with the way the past months have flown by, you will be sitting on that plane soon enough!
      Take care. I am happy to read jostoy is doing better. We all need to be careful around the germs and also check our stress level and find a way to take a break. Also easier said than done!

Comment

Good morning. Happy December.
        It seems to be a bit colder than usual this month. I hope the snow will stay in the mountains. ❄️

I do like my new iPad, which I'm using this morning. Very lightweight. I love the rose-gold color, too. I don't plan to cover it up. E was happy to set it up for me, and to inherit 2 iPads - one fairly old one (not as old as his old one), and the oversize one. He can put them to use, and I don't want to collect more than I need. With 2, I can use one while the other charges.
        I have the Kindle App on my iPads, so I do a lot of reading on them. I wore out my 1st Kindle, the newer one is small like my mini iPad, but I don't use its extended features (emails, etc.) because it runs out of power when I least expect it....so it's just a reader, which doesn't show its level of power.

The landline phone was humming this morning. Don't know why. I hope the phone service guy finished fixing the phone company's cables last night. E will take care of the humming, I'm sure. Can't believe our phone was dead for so long, but we were expecting calls that didn't happen. I retraced the calls I expected (hospital & pharmacy) and got the needed information, as did they, for the surgery next week.

Sassy, love the kitty's backpack! 😄
        Sharon, I'm overdue for a haircut, but need to let it grow out some more. My hairdresser accidentally cut the sides too short. Those brownie cookies sound sooooo good. Will you post the recipe, please?

Lovey, am glad to see you posting, even at late hours!

Maxie, somewhere I have a collection of those felt-covered elves, all 10" or less. Sometimes they'd be on/in the tree, sometimes on garlands among greeting cards. I have a stein-like mug with Himself The Elf on it, too.

I haven't done my usual baking this year. And I'm doing only half the cooking right now. It's been a weird year for us.....starting with the cancer/surgery/treatments. My physically weakened state, which I'm finally overcoming. The loss of 2 of E's family members. An upcoming surgery (getting put back together). More recuperation, hopefully not long. And wondering what the New Year will hold. For what it's worth, E says I've really come back to myself .... conversing/joking/laughing more again. I think the difference is in the fact I'm taking less medications now. Whatever. But I feel a good difference in me now.

Well, I need to make some tea and grab some breakfast.
        Hope you all have a very good day. 🤗
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning, all. Still frosty but not as cold as yesterday.

Need to do some laundry and need to mop kitchen and bathroom and vacuum. Doubt if I will get it all done. Have let too much laundry accumulate but I don't want to go out in the cold to get to our laundry room.
          We'll see what happens first but I'm thinking floors.

A couple of weeks ago my sis gave me some veggie snacks that were really good. I'm trying to back off on so many carbs so I grabbed a bag that looked similar. Big mistake. I didn't read label (I know better) until I got home. First ingredient is potato flour followed by rice flour, potato starch, corn starch, and waaay down the list is tomato paste and spinach powder. I will put them in the community room for tomorrows movie goers. Don't know what the movie is yet so don't know if I will go or not.

Maye, I'm sorry to see so many in your family going. Sad all at once.

What Paula said about taking care of ourselves. Can't tell her to avoid kids but remember to use the wipes on the grocery carts as you know the laast kid that was in it dribbled germs all over the thing and wash your hands often.

Comment

• jostoy
            jostoy commented
            Editing a comment
            And don't be kissing on your great-great-niece because she is so darn sweet and lovable. First make sure she is HEALTHY.

Maye..Here is pic for you....lol...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Afternoon All!!!!! It's cold & dreary here. The sun did peek out for a wee bit, but if you went to the bathroom or sneezed, you might have missed it.

Yesterday was good in it's own way. Didn't bake a single cookie, but I did get bills paid, went to the doctor for recheck on the insulin, and onto Aldi's. Thought I'd bake in the afternoon, but somewhere the time just went by. Made a good dinner for all of us....chicken & spinach for Cork and meatloaf for Blaise & me. I think it was Maxie that mentioned meatloaf yesterday and that sounded so good. After dinner I started mixing up cookie dough for us to bake off today.

My feet hit the floor running & it was a good thing they did, because at 7:30am a customer/old friend messaged me asking if it was OK to pick up her cookies early this morning. She was here before 8am. She waited while I got Blaise on the bus and iced the maple creams. Sue came in before Barb left. Mad house! Anyways, Sue and I just plugged along. Scooped lots of cookies & they are ready to be baked. Right now I'm baking off the filled cookies. I am so BLESSED to have Sue helping me. We work together like a well oiled machine. I'm seriously going to look into getting a second oven built into the wall. Sue was kind enough to wash up all the dishes/bowls, so I've got a empty sink, which is like a big weight off my shoulder. Think I'll start laundry this afternoon....after I eat my meatloaf sandwich.

Glad you are feeling better Jostoy! Aunt J...you know you can always call me. Sharon....did you get travel insurance on your trip just in case you get sick at trip time?

Comment

Working...
            X