Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ November 28

Good Morning, Everyone.

Raining like mad and we have to get out in it to go to cancer center for shots.

Nothing much been happening here. I tried to link my contacts to my new computer, but I was told by the computer that I had to upgrade my iphone, so I did, and that took 3 Gigs of data. Highway robbery.
    As a result, I've had to put my self on a data diet for the next 5 days.

Hope all is well. Have not been here to read but will try to get that done this morning.

Hugs to Everyone.

Good Morning to all...Elaine be safe on your drive, I detest driving in rain...oh the wonderful world of computers, IPhones, etc. things are getting way smarter than myself.

Not much happening here, had a nice Thanksgiving until the hubby got snippy and embarrassed me in front of everyone, GRRRRRR,I kept my cool while everyone was here, divided out food and such but later I let him have it....and he later apologized by saying, "I don't know what I said or did but I'm sorry for whatever it was"!! Well that made me even more mad, LOL what kind of apology is that? He is a man that has said "I'm sorry" very, very rarely in our 34 yrs. together...so there has been a whole lot of 'silence' going on here... I know he is having anxiety over retiring and things going on at work, etc. but gosh darn it think before you speak...

Well how was that for a morning start? I did get my Christmas tree put up, but I had to send the basket back that I had ordered to go with the tree and because it was damaged and also did not work right, so today after I get the oil changed in my car will go to Hobby Lobby and see if I can find one...I loved the look of the tree in a basket on Balsam Hill website, gave my other tree to my daughter from them and since I had to order a new one ordered the basket also...nice try.

Also need to stop by the grocery store....hope this headache goes away and my stomach settles back down...Pretty windy out there today...need to read and catch up with what has been happening here...been gone a few days...Hugs to all for a great day.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Lovey1
      Lovey1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Boff... for some reason we tend to not treat 'family' as good as we do our friends or even strangers. My husband has NEVER ever apologized to me for anything. I guess that means he has never done anything wrong!! LOL

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

I have early doctor appt..Before the storm get here..We will get that this afternoon..That wind..
    And everyone be safe....
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my goodness, sassy! lol!
      My kitty could write a few reviews on all of us!

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Paula A...Too cute...
      Mine will too..And it will not be good..lol..

Good morning....work today then an eye appointment...then a trip to walmart...already had breakfast...finally got cori to settle down...ended up with new scratches from her...she wanted to be in the middle of my breakfast and I wasn't going to have that..well she got scared mid transfer and got me with a claw or two...will cover it for work...its right in a spot that I could rub it or get jerms in it.

so far its not been to bad having the 7 of us all in one house in the evenings...I just come to my room...and it works out.

Please say a prayer for my mom....she came in last night limping went straight to bed with muscle spasms...

Comment

Good Morning. Yesterday was pretty with sunshine, but today we are back to dreary. BLAH!

Yesterday was good for the most part until evening. I started mixing up cookie dough then my brother & wife stopped in to drop off a tool my brother had borrowed from Cork. We had a nice chat and Tom gave his ideas how we could remodel so I could run a bakery here. He's so kind. I just love that he thinks enough of what I do to see it expand. I kept mixed until almost 6pm and FINALLY finished. Everything got tucked into the refrig and ready for attention this week. All the dough I mixed will complete outstanding items for orders and once that's done, everything else will be for variety trays. May have to do this another week if I get add'l orders.

Then the shoe dropped. Kathy's car is having some kind of transmission issues. She needs to get to work or she'll lose her job. She loves her new job. She has a neighbor who works there too, but on a slightly different shift. She needs to get to work today to ask IF they'll let her change her shift an hour later so she can ride with her neighbor until her vehicle is fixed. So she wants to borrow my car....for today ONLY. Her & I went round & round. She dragged Becca's name into it and how much we do for Becca....and we spent money to send her to college....and we saved money for HER too, so we could just spend it on other things for her. Like we OWE her her college money.....NOT!!!! I was so upset by evenings end that it took until almost 2am for me to fall asleep. GRRRRR!!!!!

Today is a new day. I'll be baking cookies all day. Story of my life for another month then I hope to get somewhat of a break.

Cute Sassy!!!

Have a good one all!

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        And how her college money is being spent to raise her child, your grandson...and how Becca doesn't 'expect' things to be given to her, she is working for them by getting and education, etc.

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        CookieLady,Thank-you

Good morning, everyone.
      Had some rain last night. Possibility of more today & tomorrow. Currently it's 38° outside.
      This morning I have an appointment with the surgeon......plans to be made.
      In my closet I found a nice WARM tunic and pants that go pretty well with it. My sandals don't really "go" with the outfit, but they're my most comfortable shoes, but the support hose are warm.

It's time to get E up, so we can get going.

Have a good day!
      Last edited by JoGee; 11-28-2016, 09:22 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning

Plan on another do-nothing day... but necessities. maybe load of laundry.. D. keeps muttering about going to town... but I need a conference with dau.Karen first thing today...get the calendar items posted ..on mine for cooky bake day. and bun making day.. etc etc etc..
        then maybe trip to town.however,,,.everything needed in town could wait until tomorrow!.. will check and see what the weather man is saying first..

Sharon,, I too have a husband that does not say the Sorry word.. grrrrr. or even knows that he has upset me most of the time..

Just when I had hope Kathy was growing up.. sigh.... keep saying no,no,no.. which you are...

better get dressed and go see Karen .. see you all later
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

good morning. It is kind of dark and dreary here, too, with clouds supposed to be hovering all day.
          Sorry about that car issue, but good that Kathy loves her job and is trying to work out a plan with work. Becky's car is sitting on the second driveway because of transmission problems and for right now that is where it is...car limbo. So good luck with Kathy's car and hope today will be able to resolve some of the problems. I say focus on her loving her job as that is such a positive!
          Today is our oldest daughter's birthday. She died when she was 18 because of an accident she was in when she was 15...head injury. We feel really blessed that we got those extra 3 1/2 years and she got to graduate from high school. Anyway, a sweet memory that moms who lose a child understand that no matter how many years go by you always feel that someone is missing.
          I am ok, just using you guys to talk because if I post anything on Facebook people think I am being emotional and needing lots of comments...but I think I will post this one picture a cousin sent recently. See? I've already changed my mind and my attitude!
          Laundry today with all the towels and dish cloths we used. I sent over towels for my brother's family and my small rugs where we all kept walking in from the rain are all ready to be washed.
          So, that being said, you all have a wonderful day and I will keep thinking about our great cyber friendship!
          Drive carefully, Elaine and anyone else who has to deal with weather!

Comment

The print in here is so big and I do not know what I did...only you people are giant sized! It is a rainy gloomy day but temps are very mild. Trees are up and light but no decorations, candles are in the windows and make a nice glow with it being so gray out. Sierra called and is coming for lunch since she had a class cancelled. Won;t be able to do that next semester since she is going to a different school. For once there is absolutely nothing on this weeks calendar. It is totally blank. The book I keep in the car waiting for the school bus is finally keeping my interest and I may go switch it out with one of the losers I have started up here and finish it. I have 3 others started so finding a replacement is no problem. When I lived alone I would stack up started books then just sit and read them off. Some turned out to be pretty good but I just wasn't in the mood for them when originally started. Now I do not want to work to get into a book...I just want to be immersed right away. It is late so better get moving. Hopefully with a clear week I can get some of this Christmas wrapping done. Hope someone somewhere out there has some sun...

Comment

We were surprised this morning to find the top and windows of our car was crusted over with ice!
              We still managed to get to the Cancer Center on time.

Got my surgery set for Dec 6th (next week!), but they are still trying to find a time slot early in the day.
              I'll still be stuck with my port, as I'll be having blood draws every 3 months. My veins are getting difficult to rely on.
              But I'll be rid of my bag problems. Yay!
              Then he talks about the surgery in general. The worse case scenario. And then the worser case scenario.
              I'll still go with the surgery.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Happy Monday Everyone! I had a good day after a rough night with leg and back pain keeping me from sleep. I went to the Y for some water therapy and today has been a nice, easy day. Had dinner with my husband and our second oldest son and then a WalMart run. It's been rainy here all day. The gloominess matches the mood of everyone in my small mid-western town after the murder of an 8 year old girl. A man has been arrested and charged with murder and sexual assault of a child, so that poor child had a terrible death. The newspaper said today she was smothered. Tomorrow is supposed to be a better day weather wise. I don't want any the ice that JoGee was talking about. I am NOT a fan of Winter and I am counting the days until Spring already! My ancestors settled in the wrong climate to suit me.....darn them!!

Comment

Working...
                X