Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thursday Nov 24, 2016 Happy Thanksgiving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Nov 24, 2016 Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving & Good Morning! It's a rainy & dreary one here....blah!

Yesterday was super busy, but we got thru it. I enlisted Corky's help to make a couple deliveries for me. One was to the elderly couple in Butler. I meant to do it Monday when I was in town, but forgot. The other was to the General Store when they texted asking for 4 pumpkin rolls....I had 2 and a choc roll, so that's what they got.

Got all the pies made before noon and all 20 went out very slowly but surely. The restaurant called for a carrot cake too, but that wasn't hard...just thawed & iced. Had a nice chat with them all. Called Aunt J and ask for someone to come over for a plate of goodies for them...carrot cake cupcakes. So I had a nice short visit with my Uncle D and cousin Mike when they came. Got most cleaned up and my SIL and nieces came for an evening of cards. We had HOPED Becca would arrive to play too, but due to a couple delays, she didn't arrive here until 11pm. She wasn't pleased, but she got here safe & sound. She found out she's now scheduled for the pick up trip too, so she'll be having to leave here sooner than expected since she has to be to work by 4:30am on Saturday morning. She was very disappointed, but looking for the positive, I told her that those two days of work should pay for half a month's rent...if Uncle Sam doesn't take most of it. We chatted until midnight and then headed to bed.

I had to be up early this morning to get the two turkeys roasting. Got them stuffed & in the Nesco roasters by 7:30. One is for today and the other is Kathy's for Saturday. She's not getting all the meat and broth though, because I'm using some for today. My "pay" for doing this for her. I also have to make the yams, noodles, gravy, and corn to take to my brother's. We are eating at 4pm. Oh, I have to bake two pumpkin pies and I'm taking the choc pie that's left from last night that I made. It'll be nice to be all together. I don't think we have been all together since Easter. My nephew is driving in from Ohio this morning.

We've been so blessed this past year. My nephew graduated from college & walked right into a good job. Kathy survived a car accident, moved out, and finally got a full time job. Becca started a job she loves and is graduating college in a few weeks and is walking into a full time job. All my family is fairly healthy even though we are aging. Uncle D came thru open heart surgery and is up and going. I've been Home a year now and so grateful to be among family. I'm grateful for this "family" here that I get to talk & visit with daily. My baking business has grown and I'm very blessed to meet and make a whole bunch of people happy. I am truly blessed. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Last edited by cookielady; 11-24-2016, 07:47 AM.

Good Morning, and Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone.

Donna, you are blessed, but you've worked very hard to be. I'm so happy you are back home where you belong.

We feel very blessed, as well, although John was diagnosed with MDS in February, we are still OK.

Hope you each have a beautiful day. We are going to one niece's for lunch (I take half the meal) and another and her family will be here to visit this evening.

God bless each of you.

Last edited by ladyebug; 11-24-2016, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Good morning, and 🦃 HAPPY THANKSGIVING 🦃 !
      I'm thankful that I'm not a turkey! 😄

The darkness is barely giving way to the light right now. It's 45° out, going to just 77° today.
      I've got a small ham in the electric pot (not a crock pot, but has temp settings so it can be used as one).
      I'm not really a ham fan, but it is among E's very favorites. So about 2-3 times a year I do this for him. I hope ginger ale will cut some of the saltiness. I hope. Otherwise I won't be eating it, But that's okay.

We have many things to be thankful for this year, however with the loss of SIL last week, and E's brother now in hospice home care and severe breathing difficulties, it is difficult.

We expect a quiet day. We need that. A stepdaughter called E last night. They had a nice talk. Then she told E to "tell Jo something nice and sweet for me....I don't know what to say." LOL. I heard that on speaker phone, so I know she's thinking good thoughts.

I don't know if other kids will "have time" to call. This is the time of life when your kids start to be grandparents, and they're muddled in individual family gatherings, and we are all but forgotten for the day. 😉 Life goes on. And though most of the little kids are well behaved, we are thankful we are not having to deal with toddler temperaments, or the couple of very spoiled ones who actually scare us.

Well, I hope everyone has a beautiful day, and a terrific Thanksgiving.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Jon carved the turkey breast last night and I ended putting another in the crock over night. The farmer certainly took liberties by calling it a turkey breast...should have called it a breast bone! But that happens some years and I always buy two. Got up this morning to the aroma of turkey! All I have to do is put the dressing together and reheat everything else and prepare the sides. Have no idea when Scott is coming in but sometime this afternoon I suppose...we are eating at 4pm when Jon gets home from work. He also works tomorrow so will have a leftover supper tomorrow. it is cloudy after all day rain yesterday but not as cold as it has been. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone.

Comment

Happy thanksgiving!! I am at my parents for the day. Iunch will be at 1. We will go back to my he tonight. I have to work in the morning.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving!
            My turkey is in the oven and I am getting things over by the door to transport to the dinner location. The Today show is on and the Parade will be next. Familiar family traditions even when other traditions change up.
            Jo, I bet you are thankful for a quiet restful day. I am thankful you and E are both home and doing well.
            Donna, your list of blessings was so well put. I am sure there are many who put you at the top of their blessings to be thankful for!
            Elaine, your graphic is beautiful and so thankful you and John are doing well.
            Maxie, enjoy all those guys around that table! After hefting our turkey into the oven I am thinking a few less pounds for the next turkey and I will definitely have to get Becky to help me get this one out of the oven! I need to do strength training in my upper body, and I am serious.
            On my way back into the kitchen to do the green beans and sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes and...I better stop and just get in there!
            Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Comment

Good afternoon and may your Thanksgiving be a great day ... .my favorite holiday!.... just lots to eat and people to love and laugh with.. ;

JoG.. you might not be in the same house with your big family .. but i"m sure you and they are thinking of each other...

I have been working pretty much non-stop since 6 am... 4 desserts .. head cabbage shredded. dressing made for that. home made noodles cooked in broth... will need just quick warm up in Microwave..same with the big bowl of corn. washing up after all that mess takes lots of time too.... we have enough food planned to feed 2 or 3 times more people that what will be there ... but love leftovers..

I am thankful for so many things but high on my list is my friends here at the RoundTAble... you all mean so much to me.. some I have met in person and some I know so well just from our post every day... you are all Blessing to my day!...

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Thank you, Maye! 🤗

We will have leftovers for a week.....well, as much as he likes ham, maybe through the weekend.
                The ham turned out very good, and the ginger ale did cut the salt! I had jellied cranberry sauce on hand, but also made a homemade, super easy recipe, cranberry-orange one as well. I nuked a sweet potato and yam, they shared a bowl.....almost can't taste the difference. Sliced beets and 3-bean salad rounded it out. I didn't make rolls or put out bread....we don't need it, until we start making sandwiches. My cranberry sauce will make a nice spread on the sandwich bread.

Got a call from our niece. Plus an email from middle daughter who hates to cook and hates holidays based around foods, she and her kids are going to a country buffet restaurant. Oldest daughter has the big Russian/Jewish family that her newlywed daughter married into.....whether it's at her house or daughters new house, she'll be helping with the autistic child....there are 4 adults who take turns keeping up with her. My son will have his clan all together with the unruly boys, and I'm thankful were not there. Next-to-last daughter will probably have all her family there, the star being her 9-mo old grand baby, which I have yet to meet. Our last girl has a houseful, but the kids will bring friends, and she might have a few more adult friends join in. Our step-girls never mentioned whether their kids will be joining in. Our stepson we don't hear from any more, he married a manipulative Mexican woman who seems to keep him away from family. We had a great relationship til she entered the picture. I
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

So much going on that I did not have a spare moment to say Happy Thanksgiving to all of you....so very grateful for my friends here, I get to really vent about what is going on in my life because this is MY secret place to go...
                  Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
                  X