Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday ~ 11/23 ~ Thanksgiving Eve

Good Morning, Everyone!

Up baking cookies for a family in need that our church is helping out. Then on to a dessert for our Thanksgiving.

Between trips to cancer center and shopping, haven't even had time to sit at computer.

Had a major rainstorm last night with nearly 2" of rain. Lightning was truly terrifying. Don't think there will be any pecans left on the trees.

Better get back to cookies. Have a good day.

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

I thought do something different on the pic..

I will be busy to day..

And be safe everyone..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the graphic, appropriate for this time of year...We do have so much to be thankful for...

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      What boffler said and Iove Charlie Brown!

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank-you Boffler,Paula A,That we sure do....Me too..

Good Morning! Looks like there will be sun, at least at the beginning of the morning. Yesterday was pretty but very cold.

Yesterday was a busy one, but nice. Before Sue got here I baked two pies. Once she got here we rolled pie dough, then packed cookies for every order we could so we know where we stand when we start mixing & baking again next week. It felt great to get that all done. Then at 2pm I went to the school with my homemade dutch apple pie for the Thanksgiving Pie Extravaganza in Blaise's class. I was set up for failure I tell ya!!!! They had a sampling of each of the pies on their plate and tasted each one together then voted. I only got one vote...Blaise's. The choc cream pie won by a land slide. I got to take him home with me and we stopped at the library on our way home. Came home and started working on the fillings for the fruit pies and baked all the pumpkin pies.

Sad news from Becca. One of her co-wkrs texted her and mentioned them riding on the same bus today. WHAT???? She was suppose to be off today. Well she got scheduled for one of the buses that takes the boys home for the holiday. She won't be getting home here until about 9pm tonight. She was livid. She had her heart all set on having a relaxing time at home. I was disappointed too.

This morning I was up early and got those fruit pies in the oven right now. Next is the apple pies. I have to cream pies to make in btw those that are baking. I baked the empty pie shells last night. Thank the Lord neither one shrunk one bit. Then it's onto getting the turkeys cleaned & stuffing made for tomorrow's fun. It'll be like Grand Central Station around here this afternoon with everyone picking up their orders. I may go down to my SIL and play cards this evening...we'll see. I may have them come up here so that when Becca get's home, she can join us and not have to drive anymore.

Have a great day!!!!

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      So sorry Becca's plans got hosed up! Wondering how many late desperate calls you will get for some baked goods...

Good morning..am up and at em this morning...headed out the door to work in just a few minutes..going in early today...we have a pot luck at 11...and I must see I can find a new over night bag....I bought one last week..went to use it for the first time today and zipper is busted......grrr..can't take it back to work with me either because the tag is off of it...zipper broke right after I took the tags off.

I am headed to my parents late this evening...my dad will meet us half way...My sister will be with her husbands family this year...mom and I were not to happy with that its our year to have them...oh well....

Just looked at the clock I have 5 minutes to finish getting ready...

Comment

Good Morning to all....
      Sassy, very good graphic for the season...We have so much to be thankful for...giving thanks for what we do have and giving thanks in other ways to others, like Elaine is doing...helping others in their time of need is a wonderful feeling...sometimes it is just giving of yourself and helping someone.
      Well it is back in the kitchen again today, giblet gravy and noodles were done yesterday and in their crockpots in the fridge..turkey is in the brine solution will get it ready tonight for the smoker early morning....well it was just going to be hubby and I, our son and his SO and low and behold Mother in Law texted a message at 9:30 last night that they would be coming also...now mind you I have been gearing up cooking for 4 because hubby was not wanting to have so many leftovers, I am dang tired of her doing this she did the same thing last year, what are we a last resort if they don't get a better invite???? And mind you they always want to take leftovers home 'if' we have enough...
      Okay that rant is over, holidays and the stress they bring...now here is another one, booking a vacation in April with my sister, back and forth with the agent, hubby is saying ask this ask that, phone ringing, a sick cat meowing, I'm trying to get something done in the kitchen, etc., etc. he comes home from work found out I had booked it, which he had said go ahead and do, the says he thought we were still discussing it, I pulled up an email he sent me saying to go ahead and book it, at that time the agent calls I hand the phone to him, and tell him to ask away....SO MUCH STRESS!!!!
      Well need to make a run to the store need to add a few things for tomorrow and also get some john cleaner, house still needs a lick and a promise...

Happy Thanksgiving one and all...safe travels to those on the road...I am very thankful for all of you, those that come and visit and those that still lurk...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning, all. Woke up to pouring rain. Didn't even realize it had started until I stepped out of my bedroom and heard it pinging on the exhaust hood. Looks like we got more rain in the short storm than in the two days we just had. More expected Saturday.

Had so much fun with my little greats. Zoey is a cuddle bug, Jacob is very shy but his brother Luke makes up for it. We went to a nearby Gold Tush town. Didn't get to see a whole lot as it was late and most of the shops and attractions were closing. Blacksmith was still there and Matt really enjoyed talking to him about guy stuff. Candy store was still open and crowded. Candy was delicious as always.
        Did more walking than I have in ages and didn't start back hurting until just before we got back to the car.
        He had rented one of those big king cab trucks and it was so high that I had to use my little stool to get in.

Then went to dinner at a local restaurant (I can see the roof from here) and had an excellent dinner. There dinner salad was so good that one day soon I want to go there just for a salad because I knew if I ate all mine I wouldn't finish my steak. I didn't eat it all anyway.

Cute graphic, Sassy.

Everyone so busy. Boffler, maybe you should just plan on them being there no matter what.

Time for another coffee and put my feet up again.
        Everyone have a lovely Thanksgiving.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          What Gold Rush town? Sounds like a great place to visit and I bet Christmas it is really nice!

Have the turkey in the oven...will slice it and then heat it in gravy tomorrow. So much easier. Will get the potatoes on this afternoon and maybe bake the pies this evening. I like saving time on the actual day. It is raining so will make staying in with the oven on cozier. Nothing but being busy going on today. Did what little cleaning I was going to do yesterday and caught up on the laundry so strictly a cooking day for me. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, thanks for the reminder. I have to wash up towels for my brother's family; their vacation rental doesn't supply them!
          You are smart to have it figured out and done up early!

Well, I can see I am taking my time this morning. Kind of late for the schedule I have been on and actually need to be on!
        We had a lot of rain last night, too, Barb. None during the day, but it is forecast for today also...I really want the kids to be able to go out for a bit even if it is only on the patio. Depends if there is rain at the time. Yesterday two different kids told me I forgot to go outside! Today, I will have one of the school girls be a weather monitor and keep us posted so it goes back on them if we go out or not.
        I am cooking up the broccoli, cauliflower and carrots for our vegetable casserole and hope the exhaust over the stove clears the air of that aroma. It tastes really good but cooking broccoli (or Brussels sprouts ) can make kids wrinkle there noses and accuse the baby of being stinky!
        Hope you all are able to finish all your prep work, your family gets there (and in boffler's case, hope they bring something besides their appetites!), and You can also enjoy your time.
        I keep telling myself, my brother wants to have the family together and that is the priority I should be focusing on...
        Have a wonderful WEdnesday, Thanksgiving Eve and (for me) trash day, which means I can start over with clearing out all the extra stuff I am digging through as I look for what I need to do this dinner!l

Comment

• BarbCA108
          BarbCA108 commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula, it is Columbia on highway 49. Somewhat decorated but I think there will be more and of course there is more going on during weekends this time of year.
          It is always jammed in the summer.

Good morning.
        It's 48° right now, going to 76° this afternoon. Yesterday was just 66° and still no rain.

I think we are pretty set for Thanksgiving. It's just the 2 of us. I have a small ham that I'll do in my slow cooker tomorrow.
        I did buy fresh veggies yesterday. I forgot to look for turkey breast or drumsticks. But I have stuff in the freezer to use up, so it doesn't matter so much. The ham is for Ellis, mostly. My mom could cook a ham I could eat, but she never taught me how. Every time I asked her, I had a different answer. So I guess I'll never really like ham, and just hit the vegetables.
        I bought E a couple bottles of eggnog. He loves the stuff.

Yes, there's lots to be thankful for. Our holidays are pared down quite a bit, so I'm thankful there's no real stress on us.
        I really used to enjoy all the extra baking and cooking, though.

Oops, looks like today I need to fill my pill containers, and see what meds I'm running low on. I still have a basket full of chemo-and-side-effects pills, which I don't really need now. Not sure how long to keep them. They just take up cupboard space.

Well, I ought to get my day going, just because.

Have a great day!
        Last edited by JoGee; 11-23-2016, 10:09 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good late morning

sun is shining .. so Donna and I are happy folks..

up early.. set and ponder awhile. finally got moving .. shower.. and then prep work .. pie dough for the three pies.. roll out /panned the dough and rolled the apple pie top. ready to go in the morning ... got the frozen corn out,will thaw all day.. will dump in glass cassorole and heat tomorrow. quick fix. break time. now to mix up the cole slaw dressing . refrigerate. will get pam or Mike to shedd the cabbage in the morning .. broth for the noodles is thawing .. really tempted to do the noodles today and just reheat tomorrow.

Karen ,and hubby Bill and daughters took us four out to later supper last evening .. and got a huge delicious chicken salad.. I'm still not hungry.... I have my homemade spaghetti sauce thawing .. for our late afternoon "dinner"...

don't know if Mikes will GO visiting brothers or if Brothers will come here?.
          After we got home from restaurant . Karen,bill stayed, played cards .I disappeared into my cozy room and watch finals of DWTSs... was happy that the gymnast won.. altho. the no.2. the race car driver would have been fine.. he was super good also.. frankly ,, I'm glad the show is over till spring .. I don't like being tied to a tv program

thanks SassyGirl.. very nice poster today...

Hi to yu all.. I hear the "family" wondering what I"m doing.. see you later
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
            sassygirl01 commented
            Editing a comment
            Maye,You are welcome.....thank-you..
        Working...
        X