Tue Nov 15, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tue Nov 15, 2016

Good Morning! Have you seen that moon the last couple of nights?

Yesterday was good. Started the morning off going to Aldi's and a visit to the PCP. He changed my brand of insulin and we'll see if that works any better. Then it was home to unload groceries, get them put away, and then...guess what???.....BAKE! No actually I didn't bake, but rather prepped to bake 16 pumpkin rolls today. Worked on a few other things too. Oh...I know...I cleaned and switched over my & Blaise's clothes from summer to winter. No more tripping over the storage box. Took Blaise for basketball try outs/assessments at the local church. He made 7 baskets, but could barely dribble the ball...LOL!!! He's so sure he's going to be a world known BB champion.

Later this morning I have to go to the school to help for about a half an hour with the book fair. I could stay longer if I wanted to wait an hour for the next round of kids, but I'm not going to. They have plenty of volunteers for each shift. Then it's home to bake pumpkin rolls. Half are already claimed. If I have energy left after that, I might mix up the cookie dough for tomorrow's baking. We'll see. Maybe a nap in btw the two projects. LOL!

Oh funny thing. The phone kept ringing and it kept being different sales calls. It rang a 3rd time and I mumbled the whole way. Imagine my surprise when it was a real live customer for me! We got a good laugh out of that one.

Time to get busy. Have a good one all!
    Last edited by cookielady; 11-15-2016, 06:58 AM.

Good morning everyone

Rise and shine..

Who is ready for "Thankgiving"....

I am not....
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good Morning...yes I have seen those brilliant moons, simply amazing..

I was getting all excited about the holidays, baking, cooking, etc. only to find out that the family in GA may not come to Ohio this year...and the oldest one won't be here either, so looks to be just the four of us...so I will not be doing much baking and such for the family...I do plan on making goodie boxes for some other people like I did last year, but if I bake for us here we will just eat it all, will just keep a small amount here.. For Thanksgiving the same, will be the four of us, me, hubby, youngest son and his SO..I am blessed to have that.

Jostoy, glad to hear you will be spending Thanksgiving with family. Sorry to hear about your neighbor, hope she is going to be okay.
      Cookie, hope the new medicine helps get the levels leveled out...having that issue with my blood pressure and heart rate right now...having to take my numbers three times a day...if it isn't one thing health wise it is another....dang this getting old is not for sissy's!!

Sassy as always, enjoyed the graphic...one of my kitties is not doing well right now, has something to do with urinary I am pretty sure, had him there last week, they gave him fluids and pain shot, did not help any, I called yesterday and ask for an antibiotic, pain meds, and meds for his joints...they said he didn't have a UTI but I feel something is not right and it can't hurt to try it...so I picked up the meds and later found the girl at the desk gave me someone elses meds...grrrrr, back today...I should have looked also.

Well time to get dressed and head to vet clinic, then back to clean out the fridge today, not my favorite job to say the least, time to check expiration dates and get rid of some things...as well as in my cupboard..

Have a great day one and all, supposed to be in the 60's here, weird for NW Ohio.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Boffler,AWW..Thank-you..I am so sorry...Poor little guy..
        Oh NO...The girl should stop you..Before you left the store....they should..Or do double look..

Good morning...Sassy I am completely ready for Thanksgiving..

Today my heart and mind are in illinois...one of my best friends brother from another mother is having gastric bypass surgery this morning and its not going to be an easy surgery..he is still pretty heavy...He thinks he will come home tomarrow...none of us are so sure about that...

Work this morning...volunteering this afternoon...getting groceries after that...pizza for supper.

I may need to put an appointment to a chiropractor as I have hurt my arm/elbow...don't know how or what I did...

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bethhina,i am not...My heart is in it..Not this year...

Good morning, all. Possible rain tonight. We shall see. It is predicted at 68% possibility so it's iffy.

Feeling good today with lots to do. Will start making my goodies for Thursday's potluck as I have a dentist appointment that morning so it all has to be finished before I go.
      It being Thursday, I will use Dial-a-ride because my sis is always busy on that day. I don't mind the going but I never know when the return ride will come. Sometimes it's quick but usually at least 45 minutes as I don't have a regular return time.

That's it for now. Don't work too hard. Remember holidays are supposed to be fun.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Hope all have a good day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Another sunny morning...so happy for sun and not that winter stuff. I am going to my sister's for Thanksgiving this Saturday. We have so many weekend and holiday workers that we always pick a time most are available. Scott is on vacation with his leftover vacation days and holiday plant shutdowns until after the new year so we don't have to plan around him. Jon is working this weekend and Thanksgiving Day so will miss the big family dinner. This Saturday is also Sierra's 20th birthday. I am to bring a salad and may pickup a small cake as well. Yesterday I ended up making a lasagna...not bad. Ran the vacuum and did some laundry. I have no idea where that surge of energy came from! Today I want to run to Penney's and pick up some long sleeve shirts for Andrew. He is in dire need of shirts and I am hoping he comes along Saturday and will need something decent to wear. Also may stop and pick up items for chili. Thursday Jon is walking an informational picket line after work so I won't have to cook. I am really having a hard time with meal ideas. Chili is bottom line for me..do not like the stuff. Nothing new from here..going to run around today and then come home and change my bed. Whooppee! Enjoy the day. It is another beauty here.

Comment

Good Morning .

some people and cat get up very early around here!!!!!!... and make too much noise!!... so I set like a lump with coffee in hand for an hour or so..planning the day/ week..

Mike and Pam are flying in Sat. .be here early evening .. so the to- do list was primary . get all the downstairs neat, clean and ready for them..hopefully won't take too much time..
            then . tidied up the rooms upstairs They won't be in ........you know,the kind...,, open the closet and shove everything out of sight..... ... Liviing room is always easy....washed the bathroom rugs already.. and that pretty much leaves the Kitchen ... lots of wiping and and swiping to do out there.. IF I JUST don't run out of energy...

DWTSs was so good last night .. and I was ok with the one who left..She was so sweet and really good... but.I am glad my three favorites are still on...

Miracle just happened .David is running the sweeper on the front porch... ( I did have to ask but hes doing it.)

be back later to read and comment.. have a great day.
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning...I am running a little slower, but that is ok. I will get it all done, just not in the same order. My hair is still wet, but I can do it in the daycare bathroom and still be ready for kids.
              The moon is gorgeous! We have had clear skies to see it and I have gone out a few times at night to look.
              I was asked to cook one of the turkey's for our church dinner. Did I already tell you this? So, I will be getting out my roaster pan and hoping I can handle whatever large size they bring. When I do ours I will have Becky here to help, but she will be at the shelter volunteering when I finish it...may adjust that cooking time or see who can help. The only thing about my rotator cuff that still bothers me: not able to carry really heavy pans.
              the sweetest thing: Spencer called me yesterday to say that when he met the two boys at the bus after school, as they were walking to the house, the driver pulled up by them and opened the door and pointed to Boone, 10. Spencer thought maybe he forgot something and then thought maybe he did something. He said the driver, an older man, then pointed at Spencer and said, You done good, and gave him a thumb's up. He then closed the door and drove the bus away. Spencer asked Boone what he did and he said he says Good morning and thank you...what a small thing, but I guess, not really common on that school bus.
              Hope you all stay well and happy!

Comment

• maxie
                maxie commented
                Editing a comment
                Paula, manners are a thing that are lacking in these kids. We had a big discussion on those last week with Andrew. We used to tell the boys you will be judged by your manners but now a days who knows...no one seems to have many. Good for your son for teaching his children and good for you for teaching him. Manners are taught at home and to be complimented on your children's is saying 'job well done'!

Good morning, all you ambitious people! Busy, busy, busy! 🤗
              Had a good weekend. Saturday everyone was too busy to get together, but we did have a leisurely Sunday brunch ... There were 10 of us, out of a possible 20+ . Our son and his family "can't" find the time to show up for anything; one daughter was babysitting her new granddaughter and the "grand-dogs" as well.
              Anyway those who made it there had a great time together, the manager said it was okay to sit and talk after we were done eating (E tips well!). 😂

Monday we mostly killed time around town. After the brunch we just killed time in the hotel. Monday E woke earlier than usual, so I didn't even have time to post. We were looking at mobility scooters at a couple different stores around Sun City. He was surprised I wasn't enthusiastic, although one would be handy at airports, or excursions at zoos, botanical gardens, etc. I figure the more I do things on my own, the more strength I'll gain to keep doing things for myself, right?

We did see the big moon Saturday & Sunday, but I forgot last night as E was busy packing and cleaning up areas of the house.
              Today he flies to MI to visit his very ill brother. He'll also take time to visit my brother and also a high school buddy who needs help with the electronics of his model train set-up. But seeing his brother is the important thing. No, I am not going this trip. I don't want to deal with the airports, for one. And it's my opportunity to deal with some of the cleaning on my own. And walking to the mailbox by myself....I know I'm slower these days, but I still need to do things.
              I've got a whole craft room to consider what I'll be keeping or giving away, or tossing. I don't want help deciding what I want to keep.

So that's what's going on here.
              Guess I'll grab some breakfast, but first will peek and see if E is awake yet. Don't want him running late when the shuttle shows up for him. (I haven't driven in a good while.)

Have a great day,
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning.

Yes, JoG, feeling very ambitious. If I tell you it took an act of congress to get this 10' metal mini blind back in operation, I'm not even close to exaggerating. Anyway while it is up, I washed all the woodwork around it, baseboards and all AND the window, polished the table and of course vacuumed all the rooms; and now I'm pooped. Going to sit and read the RT for awhile.

Mexican food for lunch. Got the pinto beans cooking after soaking all night.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Comment

Working...
                X