Saturday Nov 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Nov 12th

Good Morning! Looks like today is going to be a pretty sunny day though chilly.

Yesterday was good even though I didn't get to bake a single cookies. Before my parent/teacher conference I boxed up most of the cookies I had decorated and froze the day before. Then it was onto the conference. Blaise is doing well...not bad and not fantastic...he's calmed down considerably since Sept she said. We then headed into town to shop at Giant Eagle (Blaise LOVES to stay at the Eagle's Nest while I shop) and then onto McD's.

I just got done putting the groceries away and I get a msg from the General Store that they could use some cookies for Saturday's Open House. Since I was going back to Saxonburg, I took Shawna's carrot cake to her. I was simply going to run in and right back out, so there was no need to take in anything but the cake with me. Oops...the car locked and the keys were in it. DANG!!!! I called the police and about 20 min later he came...very nice...and the garage guys across the street saw what he was doing and came over with their kit. Btw the 3 of them they broke into my car. I was very grateful and they were all so kind. Then onto the GS and got those cookies delivered. Came home and decided I needed to cook my husband something that he likes and Blaise & I ate more leftovers. I'm bound and determined we are going to eat that stuff. I then baked a lg strawberry rhubarb pie for an order this morning. Time to put my feet up!

I've already got the oatmeal scotchies baking and hope to bake off most if not all the sugar cookie dough. That's my goal. I have no other plans for today, but that can always change.

Have a good one all!
    Last edited by cookielady; 11-12-2016, 07:18 AM.

Good Morning and a cold one it is, 27 degrees out there this morning...time to get a cup of coffee and read the news....don't know what the day will bring...this is me: nostalgia
    a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.
    a wistful or excessively sentimental yearning for return to or of some past period or irrecoverable condition.

Hope there is some sunshine in your day...Make it a good one.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning.

Hi Donna! Hi Sharon!

Well, no cookies, cakes or pies here. Boo Hoo.
      Sharon, I guess I have never experienced an excessive yearning for anything. Must be a flaw in my personality.

Got John's Echo yesterday. He told me it would take an hour. It took 15 minutes. He didn't see me waiting right where he left me because of all the greenery sitting around, so he went to the car and then came back and retrieved me. Had lunch at a Mexican Cafe and then back home. Gorgeous day, and kind of fun in a way.

House is clean and laundry done so I'm at loose ends.

Have a good Saturday, Everyone.

Comment

Good Morning

yeap the sun is shining . 24 degrees.. but it will warm up... as long as the furnace keeps running. I can be content..
        I like NOSTALGIA too...
        keeping a journal every day helps bring up some good memories.. would encourage you all to do so..I start a new entry on the first day of the month. save it and each day add that days main events.. ( all this on computer).. at the end of the month . I print off the pages . mostly four ,put in a loose leaf folder. start the new month.. all year long. before computer .. just wrote down in a note book each day.. .each year was a new notebook.. put the year date on the outside and can go back now and read stuff that is 40-50 years old. and be back there smiling ... Nostalgia!..

today. is still a question mark.. thought I might be making buns with Bethany.. but never heard from her.. if she is not coming . I will just wait until Monday to do them... and instead clean the downstairs room, Good...

Mark has been here and and gone.. he went back to work with his brace on (tennis elbow).. did ok.. next week he will get a trainee to start working with him.. Mark is retiring next June. Unless they get him a skilled carpenter.. (not likely). he will have 6 months to teach what gets done in the woodshop..

Donna, you are like that cartoon, where the little guy has the black cloud of rain over his head. ... every day is just full of "excitement " for you .. ( and good things too,, ,,just remember you ask for Prayers to get more orders . and they are coming in! ).

will check back in later to see who is doing what...

SassyG.. do you have a kitty picture today?.

How do you get loose ends ,Elaine?. just when I think I have some of those..David comes up with something for me to do!..
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Morning all.

It's my weekend off, but Chris has to work. Erin is at Granny's - Granny just spent a week in the hospital with a small bowel obstruction - so I suggested Erin might go over and help her out for a few days.

Nostalgia -- yes. I miss my sister. Though I realize she and I may never have a relationship again. And with all of the hate that has spewed lately over the election, I've even lost a few friends. Bah. Why can no one agree to disagree anymore?

I'm craving a coconut cake, so may do that today. Although I've already mopped the kitchen this morning and it looks so nice, I'm hesitant to get back in the kitchen and mess it up.

My co-worker, Susan, is scheduled to have colon surgery the week of Thanksgiving. I'm super worried about her. Then our manager has decided to work only EIGHT days in December - so it looks like I'll be handling the office alone for most of the month. *sigh*

Aunt Maye, you asked about Erin. She's doing a bit better in school - 90% of the battle is getting her up and getting her to attend. We did have a meeting with her guidance counselor in October. Erin was a bit surprised to learn that if she gets off her duff and does the work, so can actually graduate a semester early. I'm hoping that will motivate her to attend and get the work done.

I'm sorry I got my panties in a wad about yesterday's post. I'm just worried sick about our country and the direction it is moving. It seems as if any progress that has been made will now be set back by 50 years.

Meh. I think I need to just get into the kitchen and bake.

Y'all have a good 'un.
          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            Wish I could come and bake and talk!
            Pat, from your posts on facebook I see how well liked you are and how caring you are. That is what will keep us all going. I keep telling myself, well, my candidate didn't win but some of my candidates did! I will be supporting them and doing everything I can locally and on a state level to move forward.
            Hugs to you! (((((Pat)))))

Work yesterday was long long long...I was out in the wind for 2 hours carrying a sign to bring people into the store...I think it helped...but I am crazy sore from that and the extra hours on my feet...Headed into work again in a few...not excited...hoping for a quiet day...not sure that will happen...am so hoping my driver that is coming for me will be willing to stop for a soda. Maybe that will help my head ache...I really wish that I had gotten up in time to make coffee..I got spoiled with my parents here...all I had to do was go up stairs and the coffee was there if I wanted it.

I have not a thing planned for the rest of the day...

I am hoping that I can get my nieces next Saturday...and we can do some baking of some type...probably cookies and brownies.

Comment

Flying in this morning...kinda excited to get out and about doing something I want to do. My family says I always do what I want to do! Could be but sometimes I do get into a woe is me mood. Sharon I put anything that will fit into the crock pot. If it can be covered with soup, tomato sauce or gravy it can simmer all day as far as I'm concerned. No one has died from crock pot eating here and they are so happy to see food hit the table that no one complains either. I cooked a turkey breast Monday. Finally got my son to turn up the heat last night...my joints were aching! I freeze in the summer and freeze in the winter!! I do not mess with this thermostat...new fangled fancy thing with push buttoms. I really yearn for good old days when you flipped stuff on and off and it didn't have to talk to you or should I say talk DOWN to you? This darn thermostat tells me I am not home and shuts the heat down. I am invisible. Cold and invisible! Well, off to the shower and haul butt to the shopping mall for an entire day of wonderful company and perhaps making a dent in my shopping. I am looking forward to and certainly need this day out. We start with breakfast and end with dinner...normally skip lunch but do not deprive ourselves if a snack bar or two show up along our route. I really need this day out!! Cold here this morning but finally the house is warm. Have a wonderful Saturday all and I hope each and every one of you do exactly what you want.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​Maxie, wished I had a sister to go shopping or in my case, just to get out and about with someone having laughs and fun. I haven't even been to the woods this year. Seems like I have done nothing but work this entire year.

Sounds like I got up with a "pitty party" in mind. That will probably change when I get out to do more work this afternoon. Chopping and collecting more leaves.

Hope all enjoy your day.
              Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good moriniing everyone..

Rise and shine.

Here is pic ..lol...

morning chores...
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Happy Saturday.
                  We're in Phoenix, getting ready for a late breakfast. I took a sleep aid last night, and so woke up late.
                  Nobody is free to see us today, so we're off to shop somewhere today.
                  Tomorrow is the visit/gathering of some of the family.

Will come back sometime later to read posts.

Have a great day!
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
                    Paula A commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Have fun shopping out of your normal area! I love it when I get out of town and the stores I have memorized!

Like that mini panther, sassy!
                  Yesterday was so good! Besides the doctor appointment for Becky and me, the yard got mowed (before the rain we had last night) leaves got raked, two more tubs got cleaned out in the outside shed (different than when I say I am going to storage unit) I made the shelter dinner and (Hallelujah!) put away all my laundry. Once again I know I have too many clothes, but I will deal with that another time. Cleaned as I went in the kitchen so when I got home from delivering the food the kitchen was clean...I also cleaned out the freezer in my outside side-by-side refrigerator and now have room for a turkey. I was looking at a big Butterball, but not really sure I need one that big.
                  Did I mention the ban on plastic bags that went into effect The Day After the Election when it passed? Who does that? No grace period or starting at the first of the new year..anyway, it is now .10 per plastic bag at any store selling food. So I guess the one good take away is there are some stores I go to that don't sell food and I will still have a few plastic bags for garbage. I know they did it for the wildlife,especially the ocean life, but the tide goes in both directions and I guess this is just the first step in getting us all to take better care of the planet.
                  It is rainy here and what did I just do to the font?! Ok, I will close with telling you all how much I love this safe place and all who sit around the table. Thanks for accepting me, long winded and all, and hope to chat again.
                  Stay healthy, keep coming and enjoy your day!

Comment

• sassygirl01
                    sassygirl01 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Paula A..That is for sure..But cute...

good evening /

Sassy G i want an all black kitten !!!!!... so adorable.. Im ruled by a white and black one now... i have never had a totally black cat....

Pat.. big time hug.... like the good news about Erin... was there, done that with getting high schooler up ... the funny thing is Mike was the smartest. ( book wise ) of my kids .. and loved school and the activities . He just was a "night person"... would stay awake much too long at night and then be dragging in the morning ... When he went to the Air Force , I was sure he would be court-martialed for not getting up. but they change his sleeping hours fast... he was also the Baby that was born at 2 am.. and his routine was sleep in the day.. keep me up at night ... to play... but the morning fights were awful.. Pat, it will come to an end someday... ....when shes about 40.. .... ( this was what I was missing!.. YOU..

Paula.. you must be bumping the control when you started to type the i ... to get out of it hold control and i down again..

got delightful surprise this afternoon.... phone call from Grandson Kiel... he was just down the road !! he had drove his Uncle Denny to Pa. to collect some needed car parts. at Denny's Sisters.. just a couple miles from where we live... I went and grabbed him.. so he could visit his Grandpa. and I even if it was only an hour or so... hopefully I can quilt trip him into coming and seeing his "Poor Old Grandparents".. at Christmas too.. .yes, I use that on the Grandkids.. .. at my age. you just never know when .sigh.. ...( have I made any of you feel quilty? )

see you all in the morning ..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• Paula A
                    Paula A commented
                    Editing a comment
                    thanks, Maye, I will watch out for it and know what to do the next time I do that.
                Working...
                X