Thank gosh it's over, Nov. 9th, Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank gosh it's over, Nov. 9th, Wednesday

Good Morning to all....thank gosh its over, maybe my blood pressure will go down along with all the political ads on tv..

I have a Remicade infusion this morning so have to be out the door early..I called to make sure they still wanted me to get it, they do, now let's hope the Dr. in the building let's me have it also.
    Think today will be beef veggie soup and grilled cheese for supper.

Has anyone tried the air fryer? I just bought one, have not felt like using it yet, but looking forward to it..

Paula, at what age will you take the newborn in? Nice to be wanted and appreciated, but on here and facebook you come across as a very loving, caring person...and loved by many.

Cookie, got your list, will be checking it out and getting something together in my mind...and yes, a phonecall anytime is fine, its easier for you to call me than the other way around, you always have your hand in the 'cookie jar'.

Well time to get a shower, eat something small and get my Ipad, book and drink ready to go...

I know we will be hearing politics all day, but at least the worst is over...

Have a good day one and all...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning..I am head back to bed shortly...I have the day off with plans to enjoy it with my friends at the volunteer site! First more sleep....They changed the schedule at work due to a big sale on Veteran's day.

Cori had me up at her normal 430. I didn't get up to feed her until 530. Her latest cute thing that she does is...She love to play fetch...she brings her favorite toy to me and I toss it and she brings it back and drops it to be tossed again....she also attempts to play fetch by herself.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

I am so glad it is over with..

We had to go shopping to day..Out of food...lol..

Here is cute pic..
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

good morning

SassyG.. yea, he is adorable!!!... and so is the kitten... you have excellent taste ....

Sharon...yea, it's over ... ( or beginning? ).. at least the mail will quit having so much wasted paper in it.. and the phone calls will cease ...I may even welcome C. music and ads for toys ..yes, Im desperate ... I was super pleased to see the large turn out of voters... you mess with us working folks , tax us to death and show outrageous favoritism ( illegals over our injured warriors) ,,we will respond!!. ... if you get one of Donna's cookies ,,.as you eat it.. just think how I touched the shortening that is in it ..I rolled her 1/3 cup and 1 cup "balls". the other day..

Hi Bethina, and all you lovely folks...

I have been up since 3 . need a shower . maybe even a 10 min snooze.too.. a quick trip later to the bank..the main car gets 4 new tires tomorrow.. ,,getting ready for the white flaky stuff.
        .be back later to check on you all.. .
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maye,He is...Cute...AWW..They are both so cute.,,thank-you..

Good Morning!

Now I can get my hands all stick icky and not be interrupted 10x a day with political phn calls.

Yesterday was very productive. Love it! The wedding order got picked up as did the pie guys. Sue & I mixed up only 5 kinds of dough, but we did 10x the sugar cookie recipe and I hope to get 40 doz out of that. I got 3 of the kinds baked off. The sugar cookie & sandwich cookie dough had to chill overnight. Made some deliveries while I was out to vote and got another order for Friday while doing that for pie & cookies. After dinner I mixed up 5 more kinds of dough & refrigerated 4 of them. Baked off the Amish Sugar cookies.

This morning my Mom is going with me for my post-op appt. On the way back home we are going to make a few stops. Believe it or not I need to buy more frozen fruit. I also need to buy a bottle of insulin and I KNOW on Monday the doctor is going to change the kind I take. Oh well. Sue is coming this afternoon and hopefully we can crank out some more baked cookies. The story of my life right now.

Have a good one all and look and WATCH for all those blessings showered upon you whether you deserve them or not.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​Went to see a ballgame last night, and enjoyed it . It was Violet's school, so Grandma E. and I went to see it as V. did a little routine with the "future cheer leading squad". Was very cute. I got both pictures and a video of her.

​First thing this morning will be making cornbread to go with the ham and beans that I cooked yesterday afternoon. Then it looks like this afternoon will be taken up with vacing leaves. My yard is filled with leaves, and if I wait too long, I get my mower all clogged up.

​Yes the "little man" spoke yesterday. Guess we were all tired of having things pushed down our throats. The best thing is to see the Clinton's and O'Bama eat crow. So I guess you know I voted for the "loose cannon". Just hope that he can settle down, and do the job right.

Have a great day.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning.

Not much happening here. We never got a political phone call or even mail.

I have a podcast at 9 that I need to listen to about changes in our health insurance. Hope I can stand 2 hours of it.

Weather mild and pecans still falling. John gave away 5 gallons to his nephew, so he is trying to fill that bucket again.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Hugs ~ ~ ~

Comment

Good morning.
              Yes, I'm glad the election is over, and the annoying political calls & mailings will end.

I'm awaiting my oncology appointment tomorrow with a bit of anxiety to see what's ahead. The scary thing is, one of my tests shows a tube going down my throat and into my stomach. *That never happened!!!*. I didn't have a tube down my throat!!! I wonder if the lady across town with the same name I have had a CT scan recently, too. It shows something different with the heart and other organs. This scares me.

Today is another cool and windy day. It'll get only in the 70's this week, but back to the 80's next week.
              I'll just keep busy indoors today.

Have a good day.
              Last edited by JoGee; 11-09-2016, 08:55 AM.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Wow! Elaine! How do I get on your list? I got calls about propositions, candidates, surveys...you name it and like Maye said, the mailers were inches deep. (speaking of mail stuff, my Mom got 40 pounds of catalogs in the week she was gone to Florida!)
                Thanks, Sharon, for that nice comment. I take babies when the mother has to go back to work. Normally, that means a baby as young as 2 months old could be coming...the youngest was one morning a mom came in with her 2 Day old! It was finals and she had to go to class...college classes and then she had him home for a few weeks before she had to go back. I didn't even know she had given birth that weekend. Shocked, for sure, and I kept the baby totally away from everyone! That is still one of my favorite stories, kind of...hard to imagine someone not having a mother to come and help or a relative, so I was not going to turn her away. The baby who will be coming is the sibling of the one I call My little redhead...who kind of lived up to his hair color. He came when he was 3 months old.
                Ok, last night I ate my emotions with poundcake...and a candy bar. So back to not doing that, but it did show me that buying poundcake in the store bakery is no where as satisfying as baking it. And not as yummy, either. But today is a new wonderful day and I will be clean eating again.
                Jo, waiting to hear with you! Those same name issues can cause a lot of anxiety.
                Garbage day and recycle day. All my cans are full! The only down side to amazon Prime: too many packages. I am going to have to start breaking down the boxes.
                Our weather is nice and in the 70's also this week. And like jostoy, I have to get the back play yard mowed, if it will dry up enough.
                Have a wonderful day and keep being the wonderful people you all are!

Comment

Surprised and a little worried about yesterdays election results. Hope he can do the job because our future in this scary world depends on it. Tonight is parent teachers meetings and last night was no homework! Early dismissal today then off Thursday and Friday. Sierra called late last night to say she will be here for supper so guess no more leftovers. After voting we came home and everyone just ate what they could find. Andrew had ramon noodles (he could live on those things) and I had leftover turkey, mashed potatoes..Now would you pick a packaged noodle over leftover turkey? It is sunny and bright and cold this morning. I need to pick up groceries and decide on supper. Watching election returns made me so jittery that I did 3 loads of laundry last night. The new lego catalog came in last night and one little boys Christmas list grew a mile. His Santa list is almost filled by his father because he is doing a better job shopping than I am. I have still not made that list! I am looking forward to our annual girls shopping trip. Four of us this year...so nice to have Kate home although on many shopping trips we have trekked to Kansas City so she could join us. There is a wonderful mall in KC...one day we would like to do the Mall of America...never been. Gotta get going and start the day. Should be no homework again tonight and it has been a wonderful week. Rained off and on most of yesterday and that settled the dust. Enjoy the day and sun!

Comment

Working...
                  X