Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ November 6

Good Morning!

Cool this morning here in NE Texas. May even need a sweater.

Still mulling over what to take to church.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday.

Good early Morning

I did set the clocks ahead in early evening .. and then thought I could read longer ..
    Elaine,,,,, kind of stumped at what to make????? that's a new one... ( peanut butter,jelly sandwiches? my range of ideas is small)

have no idea what all today will bring... I'm planning on making a pot of spagetti sauce this afternoon...like it to simmer and then set overnight ... so Donna, you guys are getting spaghetti tomorrow ( if you want it then). . and then read and read... I order book for the Nook reader and , of course, they are all coming in at the same time.... two of the libraries I use let you have books 21 days.. so that gives me lots of time .. the other one is only 14.days so read those ones first.

will be back to check on you all..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning all.

​Maye, if you set your clocks AHEAD, no wonder you're up so early.

Off to the Lake to close up for the winter. Will leave directly from Church.

​Everyone have a good day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning...headed into work once my parents come back from Breakfast! I was so annoyed with them that they didn't even tell me they were leaving then mom wouldn't answer her phone...so I thought they forgot I have to work today....its all good now we have finally been in communication and dad hasn't forgot me...

I worked a couple of hours yesterday...then had to come home..was to tired to do anymore..I guess maybe from being sick all week...anyways..my youngest niece didn't want to go to the new house to work so I got her all day...it was a great day...we hung out...went to the movies ate pizza and watched tv. Will definately plan to do it again....

I think that Cori is ready to have the house just the two of us...she does alot of hiding and then talking to me in the night...found herself locked out of the bedroom in the middle of night...

Comment

Good morning.
          I finished the Harry Potter book and one of the Silverstein books yesterday. I alternated the books as I read. 🤓
          Yesterday was simply a lazy day. Nothing happened. I did cook a bit. Breakfast was just cereal. We grazed a bit for lunch. Dinner, I made breakfast sandwiches and tomato soup.

This morning I was awake earlier, but the sun wasn't, so I didn't get up right away. The nights are in the low 50's anyway, and the house is chilly in the morning. What? Turn on the heat? Not when the afternoons hover around 80°(plus or minus)!

Nothing much going on today. I need to bring in the Sunday paper, but that's about it. Maybe a run to the grocery store later for some basic staples.

AZ doesn't participate in DST, so no resetting of clocks here. 😌

Have a great day today! ☀️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning, all. Sorry for the absence. Weather has been beautiful here, warm days, cool nights.

Had my bad tooth pulled Thursday. No one caught it in time and it had decayed badly under the filling. Different dentist pulled it and did a very good job of it. His aide showed it to me and I could see how bad it was. I guess I'm rather lucky. Unlucky to lose one of my teeth but lucky as it didn't hurt coming out nor have I had any pain or swelling so far. Back Thursday for the follow-up and another filling. Then I will have one more filling on the 17th and will be OK till I go again in April.

Good thing I checked in this morning. Forgot all about the time change so I slept until 6:00 only it isn't.

Since I have an appointment on the 17th I am going to make it easy on myself and make a mince pie of bottled filling and my cheesecake both the day before the potluck.
            Doubt if people here have ever had real mincemeat. I used to make for Dad and myself but the rest of the family prefers the other.
            Had it made with meat in an Amish restaurant in Hutchinson KS in 1976 and remembered that it was the way my grandma made it.

My GS who lives in Norfolk VA is bringing his whole family home for Thanksgiving. Happy, happy, joy, joy as Snoopy sang. Will finally get to meet my 3 little greats and granddaughter-in-law.

Everyone have a happy DST, yeah. Not likely.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              Is he in the Navy? WE lived in Norfolk two different times when my dad was on board ships.
              I used to buy mincemeat from our meat market and would put a layer of mincemeat on the pie crust and then a layer of pumpkin filling so everyone could have a Little of each!

I had to close RT and go out and come back in order to post. Good thing I copied my entry.

Comment

This is the first time I can remember that I forgot to set the clocks! Usually I am thinking like Maye that I have an extra hour to read or watch tv or whatever. Our dogs wake us up and there is no urgency when church doesn't start until 11:00, but it was a surprise to hear beeping noises as Becky was in the kitchen. She told me she was setting the oven clock and I had no clue! I had seen it on Facebook and even Googled it a few weeks ago; just didn't think of it last night.
              I am going to a graveside service for a wonderful woman who was a friend who I met at a TOPS club but we became friends outside of meetings. She was president of our Little League for years and years, way beyond her own kids. She and her husband were institutions around here. The Little League field was named in her husband's honor, but it is just as much in her honor, too. She moved away a few years ago to live near her daughter. So I will be leaving my church services early to go to the cemetery for her services.
              Beth, my mother and brothers were at Disney World yesterday to see the Cubs in their parade! that tv moment:You just won the World Series, now what are you going to do? Good timing for my mom to be there.
              I got my lawn mowed yesterday and most of the leaves came up with it. I think the rake does a better job; maybe if there weren't so many big leaves it would have been better, but I will be raking the rest up today.
              Hope your day is a day of rest and relaxation with all the comfort you need!

Comment

• BarbCA108
                BarbCA108 commented
                Editing a comment
                Paula, my GS was in the Navy and met a VA girl and fell for and married her. Their family is just beautiful and I am so looking forward to their visit.
                He's no longer in the Navy but they will continue living there for now anyway. He drives one of those monster transport trucks that we don't have in CA.

Cold this morning in the house but the sun is shining outside. I remembered to set the clocks back not that I enjoy the time change but no one has once consulted me on matters of the time! In this family everyone runs on their own time.. Dogs are barking again and over and over every morning. Andrew told me it was coyotes but I think he is wrong. I have never heard or seen a coyote around here and I don't know where the kid gets his information but something is setting off the dogs. With all the target shooting these people do you would think they would scare a varmint off. Jon cut the grass one last time yesterday and the yard looks nice. We are discussing stringing lights on the porch like I used to do . I don;t mind stringing them but hate taking them down after the holidays when they are full of snow and ice and it is freezing! It is a thought. Nothing happening around here...never got the floors cleaned so still need to do that and always a load of laundry. Then there are my Hallmark movies and I have 4 books started. Never have I been this far behind in anything. Going to put a turkey breast in the crock pot tonight and then I will fix a nice dinner tomorrow. Drew has an early dismissal Monday and Wednesday and no school Thursday and Friday so Tuesday is the only full day this week. Here's hoping the homework is light...parent meetings Wednesday. Guess I will get up and moving. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was better than the day before. I did bake cookies for Becca and baked 2 pies for customers before I totally petered out. After a couple hours rest, I got some more energy and puttered around a bit more. It was each for their own for dinner.

I finally heard from Kathy yesterday afternoon. She had said earlier in the week she'd be coming Saturday and she wanted me to cook them dinner. Well I messaged her in the morning and told her I didn't have the energy to cook them dinner. Well once she heard Blaise had come home from school with a cold on Thursday, she backed out of coming. Apparently Jimmy is starting a new full time job and did want to catch Blaise's cold. Wished I could help you Mom, but.... whatever. I see where we rank. Just means less drama around here.

This morning we went to church & SS. I said I'd wait to see how I felt after church to decide if we were staying for SS. I was fine. I'm still fine, so we are going to play cards tonight at my Mom's. Going to rest this afternoon. Slow but sure.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good day to all..
                  Barb good to see you here, had something similar happen to me this year only mine was decayed under a crown. Was not even aware of it.

Maxie my son that lives in MI and a cousin that lives on the outskirts of town here is having trouble with coyotes. One even came agrabbed one of my sons ducks in broad daylight. They have even seen them in town in this area. Watch your little animals. Lots of people string lights while it is warmer out for the holidays.

Donna what were your discharge orders? How much are you allowed to be doing? I'm sure you would love to believe Kathy would follow through with things she said but she has proven time and time again that is not to be. Please take care and not over do, money is great but your health and well being more important.

I still have not been on internet or putter much you would be surprised at how even using my arm, fingers to type aggravate the muscles. Blood pressure still running high so I am avoiding stress and much activity.

Wonder where Pat has been lately, she really needs to check in.
                  Jostoy enjoy your last days at the camper don't be working the whole time.
                  Jo when is your next Dr. appt.? Hope you find out when you will get the reversal.
                  Elaine nice weather for fall.
                  Aunt Maye spaghetti sounds delicious I also like it better the next day, nice thing to do for Donna.
                  Well time to get a shower, have a wonderful day, it's NASCAR day here.
                  Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Sharon,
                    My next appt with the Doctor (PCP) is tomorrow; but the really important appointment is with mt Oncologist/Hematologist is on Thursday this week. That's when I'll get the info I really need.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Aloha all!

Since I moved from one state to another state that doesn't honor DST either did not have to change clocks. And now you are all one hour closer to me.

Friends are back in Arizona and I am rested up as we were go go go the whole time. They had a wonderful time and so did I.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                      X