X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday ~ 10/26

Hi Everyone!

5a here. Would like to still be in bed.

Went to get John's shot yesterday, and they didn't have the medicine, so we try again today. They were very apologetic, but we didn't care. We don't have anything else to do.

I have got to get a new computer. This thing sounds like a bucket of bolts.

We tried watching the World Series, but the game was just so lopsided. Will try again tonight.

Hope you all have a very good day.

Good Morning

Hi Elaine... 7 am here and I too wish I were still in bed... .... son Mark is off work with tennis elbow episode.. but still gets up. and shows up here every morning at 6ish..... (which I don't mind.. looks over my to-do list and will back later to day to help).. and he and David get the Tv. "news" on..all the shouting campaign talkers.. would wake the dead!......good thing there is nap time allowed every day.

Library run today..only 4.5 miles away. plus there is a nice groc. store in the town.. so will pick up milk and bread. heavy coat weather.... its downright Cold outside this morning . sigh...goodbye to my green trees, hello to the ugly hills and people;s trashy back yards.

HI SassyGirl

be back later.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning. The furnace is running...dang!

Yesterday was very good...productive. Didn't get everything done I thought I would, but maybe my expectations were too high. Anyways, Sue arrived and she got all my doughs scooped that I gave her (forgot one way back in the refrig) and got the candies unwrapped. We work like a well oiled machine together. After she left I kept working on baking off what she scooped. I got 5 kinds of cookies baked off and still have 4 kinds to make of this round of doughs.

I took a break and ran to Saxonburg to pick up my Rx and stop at the General Store to give the owner a plate of my cookies. We talked for well over an hour about baking, families, and such. Who knows, I may have made a new friend. Anyways, she was excited to see me because she wanted to talk to me. She's going to use me to fill in baking things she doesn't want to....like sugar cookies & trays of cookies. I'm excited!

This morning I need to run to Butler to go to the bank & deliver the pies to the doctor's office for their weekly treat. They are getting German Choc pie and Banana Cream pie. Need to drop off the car at the garage for some kind of semi-major repair and I'll walk home from there...maybe a quarter of a mile. Then it's back to baking, baking, baking. Have to remember to squeeze an apple pie in there for a customer coming at 5pm. God is good!!!!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning, good morning...yes the weather has changed, it is downright chilly outside....woke up at 4:30 a.m. with a headache, congestion and coughing so I got out of bed and came into the livingroom, took some meds and laid on the couch, didn't want to disturb hubby so I left the bedroom.

I got the vegetable beef soup made yesterday, canned 17 qts. all together...will take a container to a good friend today and have two containers for a cousin. After canning and getting my messed cleaned up I cooked supper...chicken noodles over mashed potatoes and green beans..think today will make stuffed pork chops and after they are browned cover them with golden mushroom soup and bake...

Not much else planned, still need to do some dusting...while I am out taking the soup to a friends house will stop by and pick up a gallon of milk, I don't think of milk as I do not drink it and if hubby doesn't tell me we are almost out well let's just say when I go to use it for cooking something and it has a 'drip' left in it I get a might upset, LOL

I need to make a list of the things I want to make for Christmas and start buying up supplies that way when I get the urge to get started I have what I need..

Hope jostoy behaved herself yesterday, which is doubtful that is not a word she knows, LOL

Cookie thinking of you and your upcoming surgery, what is the recuperation time?

Maye that is just a little to early to be talking politics, stay in bed, let the father/son bonding go on...

Well time to get this day started.....hope everyone has a good day.
        Last edited by Mayebarnes; 10-26-2016, 10:01 AM.
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• cookielady
          cookielady commented
          Editing a comment
          Why in heavens name didn't you have soup for supper last night....silly girl.

Really not much recup time. Just don't lift over 10lbs for a week. Saturday I should be back in the kitchen. Shoot, I might be there Friday afternoon, but if Becca is staying, I'll be visiting with her instead.

Good morning everyone.

​Well, Boff, I really don't know what you mean by "behaving myself". And yes I guess I am an "old bird", and believe me I can always tell it the next morning. Uncle Arthur hangs around a little longer when I fall, go up and down ladders, or even bend over for a period of time like yesterday. I was using a putty knife to scrape off the moss from the patio blocks. So after I tested the concrete clean, I started washing the house and big shed. That job took about 4 hours as I had to use the scrub brush on some bird poop off both the house and shed.

​Paula, the cleaner that I tried is called 30 second outdoor cleaner. To be honest, I don't think it did any better than when I use plain old bleach. It smelled like bleach and spotted my clothes like bleach. It called for equal parts of the cleaner and water. Don't really think I'll buy another gallon at $6. something. Bleach is cheaper and I'll use equal parts of the regular bleach. Before I only put maybe a pint of bleach to 4-5 gallon of water. I still had to scrub the concrete pad with a broom to get the black stuff of. I can do that with the bleach water. Just remember to wear "old" clothes.

​Today is furniture dusting then probably window washing. So nothing too hard today. E. just called and it looks like we will be taking Violet to T.H. tomorrow after she gets out of school for her birthday outing. We took her once before this summer, and she loved it. She minded grandma E very well for a 5 year old. She will be 6 next Wednesday. Her mother is starting to make great gains now. Still not able to speak except through a computer program, but there is nothing wrong with her mind. She has fought a good fight for 6 years now and results are starting to show. It appears that the "muscle control" part of her brain was affected.

Well setting here is not getting my work done. Everyone have a great day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          I said the ole gray mare jostoy, LOL but tough ole bird works also... I think I did say both...you are always so busy....trust me I do not look around and try and find things to do, I have learned I just have to let some things go...and go they do...

Good morning.
        Obviously I'm up. Busy day today. After I get cleaned up and dressed, it's off to the Cancer Center and then the Imaging Center for tests, X-rays... I'd there's any part of the day open, E wants me to test some scooters (for very long walking situations). He's afraid I'll fall again. He says it might help him in his later years (he'll be 80 in a couple of months, and is feeling like he's starting to slow down).

Well, I'd better get started on today, and get ready for it.

You all have a great day!!!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

don't know why I don't have a place that says "comment"... but. I don't ..

Sharon.. If I am up , I go into my little "lady cave "room and shut the door... if they start talking too loud , I turn on some music.!..will not listen to any of the commentators or commercials about politics... I let hubby rant a little but then walk away..
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good afternoon everyone..

Time fly when having fun..lol..
            Today just blow by..

Here is cute pic...
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I got up not feeling well but hoped I would start feeling better.
              I have texted parents asking them to pick up when possible.
              Noon should work. Two already picked up.
              Hope this passes quickly.

Comment

Aloha all!

I am steamed at this place, but I'll write more about it tomorrow as I want to fuss at the manager at dinner time.

Comment

Working...
                X