Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday ~ 10/25

Good Morning.

5:15 here and weather warming up again. Crazy.

This is John's week for his daily injection, so we go to town every morning about 8:30.

Other than that, not much going on.

Hope you each have a good day. Hugs ~ ~ ~

Good Morning! Would you send a little of that heat our way Elaine?

Yesterday was good. Got all my doughs mixed up and even got one baked off. I had a customer come Thursday to pick up a tray of cookies & an extra 2 doz sandwich cookies...fine. When she got here she wondered if I had another extra 2 doz of those sandwich cookies & an extra doz of the maple thumbprints, which I did. She couldn't have been home more than a half an hour and she calls me to see if I have any more sandwich cookies...I only had a doz & a half. She then ordered 6...yes SIX...doz of those lil boogers for today for her husband. LOL!!! Whatever. So I got those ones baked off yesterday & ready to ice today.

Had a good doctor's appt. I'm ready for surgery. Just have to have lab work this morning. He's agreed to take over the monitoring of my diabetes since my Endo doctor doesn't seem to be able to get it under control. I ask about those artificial pancreas, but he said it was too soon....I guess we need to let them work the kinks out of them. Went WM and FINALLY found a hat for Blaise's costume...now to make the thing. Also FINALLY found almond bark. Hit up Aldi's and then home to bake and also make a real dinner.

This morning Sue is coming to help. I'll be having her scoop cookie dough and unwrap lots of Hershey Kisses & Reece Cups for some of the cookies. I'll be shaping and baking. I'll also be slipping over to the Lab for my blood work once I get her started. I'll also need to start working on the two pies for the doctor's office order for tomorrow morning. Think I'm going to make them a blackberry pie & a lemon meringue pie.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• bethina
      bethina commented
      Editing a comment
      what is Blaze going to be for Halloween?

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      On FB there was a little girl with a hat that they made into a big rain cloud (fiber fill sprayed gray) and blue felt raindrops hanging from the had. She was wearing black sweats and her rain boots. Blaise LOVES to wear his rain boots, so I showed it to him and he was excited. Now to assemble it.

Good morning...yesterday was pretty good...I slept pretty good last night...started the night with Cori closed out of my room...she was wanting to play when it was time for me to sleep. Then I got up around might night for a drink and she came for a visit....but ended up closed out again...I think that it some how helps her calm down...

Worked yesterday..had to stay over a bit to get my work done...I kept getting distracted....first a meeting...then helping a customer....then helping another employee help the same customer...I knew we didn't have what she wanted but the other employee didn't believe me...grrr then a good friend and her mom came to see me at work..

After work I went to walmart and spent way more than I originally planned. Came home and did some cleaning..

Today work...then taking dinner to a friend...then a class with my activities group....then I will watch the rest of the baseball game! GO cubs GO!

Comment

Morning all

Donna - I guess I've missed something. Surgery?

It's warming back up here too, Elaine. Yesterday morning it was 52° - today it was 62°. Seeing how I DESPISE cold weather, it definitely works for me!

I'm off to do reports. Y'all have a good 'un!
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

• cookielady
        cookielady commented
        Editing a comment
        Next Thursday I'm having my thyroid completely removed. Will be staying overnight until the next morning.

• Pat B
        Pat B commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow. Best wishes!

Good morning all.

​Got all the sticks picked up for E. Even took my tree trimmer and trimmed off some limbs that were hitting her shingles. Also tried pulling down a limb down where we burn that had broken probably 3 years ago. I first broke off some of the smaller limbs that were holding it up some. Then I grabbed a larger limb to break the top free. Well it did break and I took a nose dive on the ground. But the limb was hung up on a smaller limb at the top. By that time I was too tired and "weak" to do anything else with it. Took me about 3 1/2 hours out there.

​When I got back to town, I drove straight to my eye Dr. to get my glasses straightened as I bent them pretty badly when I took my nose dive to the ground heard first. Never scratched my face , which surprised me as there were some briars where I fell.

Today is shopping first thing for a few groceries, then I will clean my concrete and patio of the black mold or whatever it is. I bought the cleaner last week. Have never used it before so will see how it does. Says that I can clean it off ,after 30 seconds, with a garden hose.

Wishing all a good day and may you all stay "up-right"
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        What is the name of the cleaner for the patio? I don't have mold but I need to clean mine.

• Nalani
        Nalani commented
        Editing a comment
        Good grief, Jostoy, please take it easy with those limbs. Glad you weren't hurt.

I am up and kind of going, I guess. Just not feeling the energy yet.
      My brother called and told me the vacation rental will be available to me as well, Thanksgiving morning for cooking,etc. That kind of surprised me; I don't think he realizes it is about 15 miles away, and I don't want to be stuck there and finding I need some cooking tool or appliance...I will be cooking and baking at home and then taking it all over there. A few years ago when he had an overnight stay in Sacramento my mom, Becky and I took the whole dinner to his hotel. He thought I was bringing a casserole! We had the tablecloth, centerpiece and two pies! I guess he thought this arrangement would be easier than that. I am hooked on my own routine which includes the Macy's parade and All my own kitchen things.
      Donna, those sandwich cookies must be really good! So glad you have Sue to unwrap and help prepare.
      Elaine, we are as happy with our rain as you sound with your sunny day.
      Barb, do you have any snow near you?
      Stay well and pace yourselves, Everyone!

Comment

• cookielady
        cookielady commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, the sandwich cookies are VERY GOOD. They are small & just pop into your mouth & melt.

I know what you mean about wanting to do things in your own kitchen. I'm exactly the same way. When I have to go fix a meal at the church, I take some of my own equipment, especially my knives. It's a pain to haul back & forth though.

Good Morning, kind of cool here. Power went off last night, car hit a power pole, I was just going to stay put but then my bladder started talking so I felt my way around and up the steps into the house. Kind of funny because the kids couldn't be on their phones to find out what happened, had to do like we did back in the old days and wait for info.

JoGee, I soaked the dry cat food in their milk, not sure if they ate any of it , but they lapped the milk up. They seem to think they need to be held and cuddled all the time, sleep until I put them back down in the box and then they start throwing a fit.

Comment

Good Morning .

hope it is still morning ... ..getting up at 6. moved rather slow.. finally pushed myself to take laundry downstairs . play piano for a bit and get the energy rolling .. ( clean the litter box while down there.,, funny,,, that job seems to be wholly mine?)... wondering what to fix for lunch ..

DWTSs is coming along nicely... so far no surprises about who goes home.. yet. .....I do think the judges are being a way too picky and giving lower scores to the little Gymnast. she gets most of my votes!. I like Race car driver too..

yea, Pat hates cold weather. I guess I would not say I hate winter if it was warm... so its I HATE cold weather..

Bethina... and yea for you too.. keeping kitty out of your room... she probably thinks of you as her Playmate. so when she gets in , she wants to play... but she will soon catch on to the idea. Night is Sleeping time...

Hi Paula, Darla, Elaine .Jostoy, ( no nag this morning, but you know I am thinking it ). and Donna,,, you want more prayers for more work?..

see you all later.
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning, and yes, it is still morning... Got busy cutting up all the veggies for my beef veggie soup, got the soup bones and stew meat cooking, rounded up my large 20 qt. pot and got things started this morning..will be canning the soup late this afternoon, freezing a few containers and promised some soup to my cousins son in exchange for some turtle meat...and every year I give my good friends husband a batch of soup for years he has said I make the best soup and when we moved back ran into him at the Drs. office and that is one of the first things he mentioned...smells really good in here now, but so much work.. Not much else planned..

I pulled a good one yesterday, yes I had a dentist appt. but the time I thought it was versus the time it really was not the same, my fault, should have looked at the calendar with my glasses on...so now I go on Thursday...felt so foolish, told hubby getting old, cantankerous and forgetful, LOL...

My hands are tired, my back and chest hurt, going to go stretch out in the recliner and catch a rest..

Jostoy you are a danger to yourself!!! Have to remember you are no spring chicken anymore!!!! But you are a tough ole bird, LOL

Donna do you have a date for thyroid surgery?

Have a great day one and all..
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            Next Thursday....Nov 3rd

Sue arrived at 8:30 and she is GREAT! I had 8 kinds of dough needing attention. She scooped and shaped 6 kinds and unwrapped the candies. I shaped the crescent cookies and now I need to roll, cut, & bake the sugar cookies. I've got trays & trays of cookie blobs ready to be baked. Yes, Aunt J....pray for more business. With Sue by my side, we can handle it. She brought me a peck of tomatoes, green peppers, and red sweet peppers from a former employer who called & ask if she'd like them. Otherwise they dump the stuff over the hill. She called & ask me if I wanted any and I said YES! Will chop the peppers and put them in the freezer. All this talk about beef vegetable soup has put me in the mood to make some.

Sue said next week they'll probably be getting rid of the potatoes there....red ones...and ask if I wanted any....YES!!!! Her & I think very much alike, and if we can't use the stuff, we'll donate it to Meals on Wheels. You pitch nothing that is still good.

Comment

Good morning, everyone. Here I am trailing you all again. I'll probably post late tomorrow, as I have lab work and radiology imaging to deal with.
            Nice day ahead today. We did have a spit of rain (not much) last evening. Well, it's something, anyway.
            No particular plans for today.
            Hope you have a wonderful day.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

always nice to come back in evening and read todays post... .. I ended up not quite doing what I set out to do.. ( clean the cupboards under the counter in kitchen).... but cleaned the windows in Kitch. instead.. laundry.. assorted mini task.. and reading reading ... maybe cupboards tomorrow. .... planning ahead for tomorrow..
              Library stop for sure . ...... also get the geraniums moved into smaller pot.. cut back and store in house. for wintering over... These plants had their fourth year and were lovely.!!!.. so going to save over again... have 6 new plants. but they were not as pretty or as full but will still save them I think...

Happy birthday to Nalani.
              Hope you get to feeling better Sharon,
              Paula, you are planning for Thanksgiving... oops. I better too. son Mike and wife Pam are coming in from Colorado for Thanksgv.. I better start planning also I guess..

see you in the morning ..
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Aloha all!

Woke up to UTI so first thing called the doctor and was able to get right in. The office made a big deal about my BD, then headed to Longs and they too made a big deal about the BD. Even gave me a bag of trail mix (let me pick). Got gas and the car run through the car wash and back for lunch. No one remembered my BD here even though it's on the calendar. Oh well, par for the course for this place. Am so sorry I moved from Arizona.

Looking forward to two friends from Arizona coming on Thursday and showing them around. Should be fun.

I am going to stop going to another forum as it seems to be run and all about 3 guys. All they talk about is them selves, tools, their health, and things like this. Maye, knows what I'm talking about. If someone else posts something different they are generally ignored by these three.

Have a good one all and thanks for the Birthday wishes.

Comment

• Becky
                  Becky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Happy Birthday!
              Working...
              X