THURSDAY Oct 20th....hang on tight cause the month is flying by

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THURSDAY Oct 20th....hang on tight cause the month is flying by

Good Morning! I woke early due to bottoming out. Weird.

Yesterday was good. I love being productive and accomplishing what I set out to do. I delivered the pies to the doctor's office and then hit up Aldi's for their meat special and a little of this & that. Couldn't believe I forgot eggs & milk the day before when I was there. Came home and got busy making pumpkin rolls. Made 10. Then I finished off baking the rest of the cookie dough and icing all the baked cookies. Took Blaise to the library. Got home and was ready to start dinner, but there was a msg from the restaurant wanting pies & carrot cake. Fortunately I already had a naked carrot cake in the freezer & a PB pie in the freezer also, so I just had to bake one pie & ice the cake. Dinner was late. Got those delivered after dinner. Was pooped but got a burst of energy around 10pm and worked on cleaning my kitchen a bit more.

Today my BF Maureen is coming for the weekend from Ohio. I'm so excited! It's our annual applesauce & apple butter making weekend. So I'm cleaning house today. I've also got a couple cookie orders to get ready for pick up and a cherry pie to bake. It'll all get done. Slow but sure. She'll get here around 4pm and the evening we'll work on the first round of apples so that we can have the apple butter cooking all night. Not sure if I'll get here tomorrow since we'll be making tons of apple sauce and canning everything. Still trying to decide what I want to make for dinner tonight. I'm thinking orange chicken.

Have a good one all!

Good morning everyone

Rise and shine..

We are getting rain tonight
    Igot up early thanks to my wake- up call..Had to jump on the bed..
    Need another cup coffee...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Good Morning sassy, looks like that kitty found a hiding spot to catch a few winks, LOL...Those darn cats sure have us trained their way.

Morning was just here and had my entire thing typed but lost it..so I will just say morning and go about my business..volunteered for a completely 8 hour shift today...not sure what I was thinking

Comment

Good Morning ,,,

Sassygirl ... I wonder where that cat is sleeping!living dangerously!. but that would be my nosey cat too!..

Busy Donna.. .. I hope the Restaurant and his customers appreciate really fresh baked goods... most places you are not sure how old some of the desserts are!... hope to visit you while Maureen is here...

HI Bethina.. thats a bummer... have had it happen .agggg..

be back later.. got to get "done".. David Cardiac Dr. today. and the pick up a few forgotten items at groc stores.. see you later.
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope David's appt. goes well...how are you feeling these days Maye?

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maye,He sure is..He do not want to lose ...One his nine lives..

Decided to come back because I forgot to tell you today is dress up day again...I am going as a little old man...I am so ready for halloween to pass..I think I have one more dress up day...next Thursday...I haven't decided what I want to be yet.

Comment

Good Morning, have I said how hard it is to get up when it is still dark outside? Going to get worse when the winter sets in....have been making hubby a lunch everyday, told him it was getting harder to do because I dislike getting up when it is dark outside, LOL....but since he only has about 40 more working days I think I can do it...

On top of this nasty cold I have, this morning also feeling really queasy, hope it is just sinus drainage and not a flu bug...I think to today is going to be a pj kind of lounge day, just want to lay on the couch, covered in a nice warm blanket and get some rest...my nights have been restless and up and down all night...so want to catch rest when I can get it..

Looks like we got some rain overnight.

Donna enjoy your time with Maureen, sure that you will, I know you look forward to this each year....I made apple butter this year for the very first time, took a jar with us to FL and my son in law and granddaughter loved it and ate the whole jar...LOL Guess that means I did good...crockpot apple butter and used my stick emulsifier to finish it up...I am going to try and make fried applebutter pies like my Mom use to make, they were so good...my Dad would take them in his lunch pail when he worked in the coal mines.

Well hubby's family gets earlier and earlier each year about Christmas, when to have it, what works for everyone, gift ideas, etc., etc. after Mother's Day gift idea and being shut out by his sister I decided that I will not give any input but will make my own plans for the holiday and see how 'theirs' will fit in...the stress from them gets worse each year...bottom line is whatever his sister decides works for her...

Well time to get my day started and decide what 'comfy' clothes I want to get comfy in and hibernate for the day...darn political phone calls are driving me nuts, even if I don't answer them the phone ringing all the time is ridiculous...

Have a good day one and all...be careful out there...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          If you want to see Disney pics go to my Facebook page...

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          The call that really gets me is the one that says it is a call returning My request for their back brace! I never and the calls keep coming.
          And the one that starts out, "Hello, Seniors...
          ok, rant over and I can't wait to see the trip pictures!

Good Morning.

Rain! YaY!

Nothing of importance to discuss. Haircut. Cook lunch. Look for pecans. Same old stuff. We like it like that.

Hugs ~ ~

Comment

Same old here, too, with another cake thrown in. The one for the youth meeting went over really well. That recipe someone mentioned here (Elaine?) about adding stuff to a box mix. The extra vanilla really adds a great flavor. Anyway, my neighbor has a birthday today so I am making a layer cake for her. It is in the oven now. this morning has been productive and I thought I got up a few minutes later than usual.
          This weekend Becky and I are meeting Gary's nieces and going to Apple Hill. It is out of Sacramento up in the foothills with a number of orchards and a winding drive to stop at them. they have craft vendors, but what I really want are some Empire apples and some of the Fuji I have bought before. So much better than the grocery store. We haven't seen them since their dad's funeral back in the spring. Gary's older brother. Anyway, I will drive as far as the airport and then Becky will drive the rest. The change onto the freeway at Sacramento is a crossover between three lanes and crazy stressful for me. Becky used to live down there when she managed a Starbucks and said she can do it...I am just a country mouse who wants to visit the city! (And then go up into the hills!) Of course, the apple pies, apple fritters and caramel covered apples have a lot of appeal, too...
          Hope your Thursday goes well. This month is flying by!

Comment

Good morning.
            Here I sit in my own chair at home with my cuppa mocha, and in my nightie. Nice! Using my newest iPad, the big one, and fighting with it over spelling. 😒 The keyboard is a bit different, too.

A lazy day for me, for the most part. I have more stiffness than soreness today. Haven't checked the weather yet, but looks like warm & sunny.
            Within the hour, the family on the cruise will be disembarking. Then heading to their homes.
            The bride & groom were disappointed. The "officials" changed parts of the wedding, a groomsman had to change his outfit and got moved around in the lineup. The room we had for the reception was really packed (party of 36), and only the bride and groom danced, and it was in one small spot. Plus the fact that the staterooms were very crowded. I was in DD's room, and I don't think more than one person could move around at a time, and there were 3 in her room. (I know room fees/maid service stuff prepaid cost was $50 a day for 2 people --- now that I've seen the rooms, that is way too high.) Not at all like the spacious room we had on our Alaskan cruise. I told GD that sometimes you just have to go with life"so flow, despite the flotsam and jetsom; the important thing was that their marriage is complete and legal.
            Yesterday, in the name of fun & games, there was bingo and poker tournaments, and talking with crew members about their jobs. All day? I'd have been bored to death.
            From my short experience on that ship, the waiters push alcoholic drinks. When you order something nonalcoholic, you wait 3x as long for it. (Explain that to thirsty little kids.). All drinks were in smaller than normal glasses, so you're actually paying more for it.
            It turns out, that to see Catalina Island we can take a simple ferry ride there. We might choose that instead.

Well, E is up early today. Can't concentrate while he's talking. And he talks! 😂
            So tip later....
            Have a great day, everyone.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good evening

seem like a long day!.... altho. the afternoon was spent setting,snoozing, reading .... but morning was busy...D. appt was at 10 . first was a nice young lady who ask all the question about meds.. and filled in his charts on the computer.... for about 10-15 min..."Did D. have anything in particular he needed to talk to Dr. about?" etc type questions... then a PA.. came in and did the blood pressure again.. ask more questions. about the medicine he is taking . and was he having any problems in particular... for another 10 min ... Finally Dr.. A. came in . and he is so casual. and friendly and very prepared by the two ladies,,, to talk to David.. he was super pleased with the heart sounds ..that procedure went so well..

then the "problem" finally got discussed .the backward falls.. David's ..Balance problem... where he starts falling over backwards... and if he cant grab something he goes down.. not coming from the heart.. and probably not from stoke -like effects... the blood pressure is not the problem..
              so his conclusion was David's back problems... spinal stenosis . bad discs. could be causing. pinching nerves. ( and hurting ). so that the nerves in legs are not getting good signals. and that fact that he is diabetic , some part also could even be neuropothy effecting nerves to legs too..

He suggested Therapy.... which got a shake of NO from David head...... so he gave D. a lecture ",::,,well.then . you must remember you are 85..with wobbly legs and it would be good idea to carry a cane. ,,that would be a source of support.""!.. and smiled at us... I said, He has 3 canes at home. and finally ...... Dr. A.. said , I will be very upset if you show up in the Emergency Room with a head concussion from falling ,,just because you wont use a cane or try some therapy.!!!...but gave us the name of a physical therapist ,office very near our house .. we were in that office for almost an hour.. I truly like this Cardiologist!...

afterwards . took in two stores and had lunch out.

I sure was weary.. Im off the neuronton pills... not to get some energy back... pain is gone .. Thank you Lord..
              and thank you all for your concern and prayers...
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Yes, D should be using a cane for balance. I always take one with me, and it sure came in handy when one of those infrequent spells of weakness or balance came upon me. (Except for in the cruise terminal where the floor was at a bit of a slant.).

Also, the therapy is important, too. Some exercises may seem pretty stupid, but they do serve a purpose in strengthening the arm/leg/body muscles.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                X