Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ 10/6 ~

Good Morning, Friends.

Another warm day ahead - 90! Guess summer just isn't ready to let go.

Nothing going on here. Trying to find a new recipe to take to Homecoming Sunday. Seems like I've made everything out there. LOL

Trash day! Yay!

Have a good day, Friends.

good morning

hi Elaine,,,never seen anyone get excited over Trash Day before . LOL .send me your 90degrees if you are tired of it.. we will be sunny but only in 50s.. brrrr ( that will be great in Jan.. but not Oct)...

wish I had a day without running... David needs to pick up his Scrip for his Vicadin...but now they added addition to the law... he will have to actually see Dr every month to pick it up....WHAT?...so today is the day... never realized how much I would miss him driving!... I cannot be out running around ,then come home and work at house.. this getting old is crappy.. (not that I mind letting dusting go another day..but the green rug is slowly turning white from cat hair)..

I did come back in last evening and read what all you are doing.. so hope to see you all later today... have a good day Bethina...
    SAssygirl ,I am missing your kitties.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning...in a rush this morning..had stop and deal with Cori this morning on top of over sleeping.
      Work was better yesterday. I am now in charge of the entire men's department..keeping it orderly and shoppable.
      Gotta go out the door. Long day..working this morning..volunteering this afternoon

Comment

Good Morning to all...yesterday was such a busy day, got a lot done, but a lot more to do today...getting ready for our Disney trip, will leave early tomorrow morning, drive about 8 hrs. stop at a campground for the night, continue to GA the next morning, hopefully get there in time to watch Granddaughters soccer game. We will load the family up and head to Disney Sunday morning, drive over half way, camp for the night and continue to our campground at Disney Fort Wilderness on Monday, check in is after 1:00.

Got most of my shopping done, a lot of food prep ahead done, hubby carried everything out to the motorhome, today I will go arrange and put things away...I was so tired last night could hardly shut my mind down to sleep and then this morning I did not wake up at my usual time, next thing I know hubby is kissing me goodbye to head to work...I got up quickly enough to get his lunch in his bag...I usually do most of it the night before...

I made a bunch of ham & cheese sliders last night, a pan to take with us and one pan for the people who take care of my kitties while I am gone..I pay them $20 a day to take care of them, better for the kitties, better for us, peace of mind...and they come in spend some time with them, etc.

We are watching the weather, our oldest son was in Tybee Island last week just left Sat. and now they are evacuating there...so this weather will play a major part in if and when we get to go or not...Hurrican Matthew is on the move and they say it could loop back...

Maye, I am finding even at 63 that I am not as fast as I once was getting things done, and my stamina is not there for sure...and then I think of Jostoy and all that she does, she is amazing for sure..

Well time is a wasting, have lots to get done today so we can leave early in the morning, need to clean to johns and such in the motorhome and get our bed made...Have a great day one and all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Maye,Ooops...I will get one right now..
          It is wash day...

Here is cute pic..LOL..
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• boffler
            boffler commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL Sassy this could be my two kitties, they do this to each other all the time..

• sassygirl01
            sassygirl01 commented
            Editing a comment
            boffler,Mine too..they do that all the time too..

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was good. After I got the lemon filling made for the pie, I headed into Aldi's. Stocked up on flour & sugar since they are on sale this week. Came home and finished making the pie, then started in on mixing up 6 doughs and baked off 4 of them. It was leftovers for dinner. Two more containers out of that full refrigerator. Corky's co-worker and his son FINALLY came and got the 6 tires and rims that we've had sitting in the driveway for at least 6 weeks if not longer. Just waiting for them to have time to come get them. Fortunately, our driveway isn't the normal sized one...it's more like a parking lot, so they really weren't in the way.

This morning is Bible study. Debating if after that I'll head to the Mills Mall. I need a new cell phone since mine completely died after 7 or 8 years. My trusty little flip phone. I'm not interested in an Iphone. Or I may just come home and bake some more cookies, which I'd rather do. I also need to pay bills and get them out in the mail. We'll see.

Have a good one all!

Comment

good morning!
            Maye, the last two years of Gary's life I did all the driving. Friends were great in taking him for appointments whenI was doing daycare, but I really miss not being the passenger. All the other years he would drive and I would be the backseat driver...
            I get excited about trash day because besides the trash a daycare produces I am slowly but surely getting rid of things! Slowly being the operative word.
            Sassy, cute kitties!
            Sharon, I really hope your trip is not cancelled and you and the family have a wonderful time.
            My niece tested to ask to set up a FAcetime tonight so my mom could see the baby. Her NG feeding tube has been removed and Valerie is able to give her bottles. They were told it will be a few more weeks before Baby Chloe is able to come home.
            I don't have anything else planned for today after daycare and just concentrating on smiling through the hours...each child brings their own mood and half the family's mood with them...Food and music get us past most of it! Story of my life, too!
            Our stores limit how many great sale items you can buy, so you are really fortunate to have such good deals with no limits, Donna!
            Take care and spread the Joy!

Comment

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              PaulaA..thank- you

Good morning.
            Woke twice during the night, so I'm late this morning. I think the days I drink Gatorade bring the nights I wake up.
            Looks. Like nice weather here today, not too hot.
            Yesterday we dropped Cox Communications completely. We were getting high bills, but no real service. Our WiFi service was often interrupted. Our TV connection was weird and we couldn't get the schedule for the programming......they'd always tell us to get Metrocenter, which is in Phoenix and has different listings. E has been digitally manipulating channels, local or otherwise, to get the program's we liked. But generally followed older shows on Netflix. So we've set up with the only other service in town. We'll see how that goes.
            Other than that, not much going on til next week.

Trash day is not big for us....the day we rid ourselves of excess papers, wrappings, etc. we bag our trash because of the winds that usually occur. Winds, or sloppy emptying of the bins. Most neighbors don't bag their trash, so some ends up in the street. Every week E is picking up the trash that ends up blowing into our yard. Then he sets emptied bins upright (ours and the nearby neighbor's') because the drivers aren't careful to set them down and they're lying in the street. Sometimes on trash day E likes to stand outside and shake his head and point at the mess if their work is sloppy. One driver was embarrassed and went back and righted the bins himself. 😀

Boffler, have a safe and fun trip to and from Disney!
            Paula, you have such wonderful insight of the daycare children and their daily behavior! I bet they return home as better children because of it. Am glad to hear that Baby Chloe is progressing so well.

I'm not driving these days. Ellis chauffeurs me everywhere. As long as my medications caution about possible dizziness or vision problems, I will have him do so for safety's sake. We have some really crazy drivers out here, some like to drive double the speed limit, others are inattentive and driving over the lines on the road, taking up 2 lanes or simply make changing lanes impossible. And I've shrunk in size and need a booster cushion to see the road, anyway. If anything happens to E, I need a different style car for myself.

Guess I should get some breakfast...the morning is just ticking away.
            Smile a lot today, and see how many people will catch the smile and pass it on. 😄
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Got a late start this morning and have been behind ever since. My sister called bright and early and is livid with the guys designing the new house. They are out of touch with what she wants and her husband is being a jerk about the plans. They are building on family land and he wants to preserve the old farmhouse and she wants it demolished for new and he wants to build around an old salt roof house..I see no end to this battle. Then the price they quoted was double what they said their budget is. Naturally she is right...duh! Then Jon wanted to do a stock up grocery shopping so off we went and I have planned some meals in my mind. I hate cooking so much that I could live on a box of Twinkies and coffee...truly! I hate cooking more and more and it is showing in my quality. I can put out a lot of quantity but eating it is another story. Must strip my bed today or the bed bugs are going to carry me off like the snakes with Drew's bike. Sierra ask for help her econ paper and I know nothing about econ...mommy dearest has a live in who keeps telling everyone he is the smartest guy in the room so why doesn't he help? I want to put all the aggravating people in the world in a big boat and float them to the end of the world and let it drop...sink hole them all! May have to make a couple of trips with just my list. We are suppose to go to family day at Scott's plant and tour a production line but now they are saying no tour and that is a long a$$ haul for a cheap hamburger or hot dog. Even Scott says do not come but I just feel the need to show we care and are interested. Jon wants to tell me something and is motioning so I am guessing he also has people to add to our passenger list. The neighbors old dog is moving in under my car and on our porch. I just hope he is not setting up a death bed...he is so old and pathetic. Even I greet this sad old dog. Sharon have a great trip and I hope the weather cooperates. If it is just rain Disney is doable. We have spent many a rainy day in the parks and not missed a beat. To expensive to sit out a day...guess I'll go see what son's prob. is. He is pretty darn persistent about my attention. Geeze hope the old dog didn't pass away on our porch!

Comment

Gosh I write such crap..bet you wish I would join the crew on my own boat! But to you people I vent. sorry...

Comment

Vent all you want, Maxie! I vent a lot to myself and I am still venting about smokers in apt next door.

Aloha, all!

All is well here, I think. Didn't go down to lunch as I am getting my hair cut at 1. Just have to walk down the hall.

Maye, I chauffeured Buddy around for several years after he no longer could drive. Now why is my computer writing in this style? Must of pressed something.

Have a good day all!

Comment

They haven't done anything about those smokers yet? (I'm surprised it's not a No-Smoking Building.)
                    Second hand smoke is as dangerous as the first-hand smoke. You have to be inhaling tobacco particles if you can smell the smoke, right? Wish I could recommend a solution for you.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

See!!! I love coming back in the evening to read...

SassyG cat.. howled with laughter!..
                      Sharon. BREATH!... you have been gong 100 miles an hour!. btw .. 62 was year I discovered my energy was leaving .agggggg.. had to push through painting walls ... and even regular work.. but I thought 63 was old.... It isn't any more!... may your trip be wonderful.

Maxe , agree.. vent away.... thats what the Round Table is about....sharing happy news and venting angry ,bad news.. and crying when we have sad news.

David had to see dr again today.. new law in Pa.. when you get a narcotic. you have to get a new scrip every month. and now they have added you must also see the Dr. that day.. I guess the problem is too many pain meds get purchased by older people ,And they sell them!!....Dr did ask David lots of questions about the balance problem .. I did not comment when he ask about driving ..I do not want them to take his license yet...and he knows and does not object to me driving everywhere .. in a real emergency.. he could drive to Karens, 1 mile away. but I do all the city , traffic light driving. if he starts to insist on driving I will "turn him in".. ...

see more of you tomorrow.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                      X