Monday 9/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 9/26

Good morning...I am in the middle of getting ready for work..Cori didn't want to me to go any place today...as I began getting ready this morning she would wrap both front paws around my ankle and not let go...she finally gave up.

After work today I get to pick up my new phone and get groceries.

This evening other than a load of laundry I have no plans that I know of.

Good Morning, a pretty brisk wind out there just kicked up, just read the forecast, thunderstorms heading this way, if it stays like this I will not be doing any grocery shopping today..

We did get the swimming pool close down for the summer, chemicals in, cover on, etc. always seems like such a short season of swimming. We got some of the patio furniture put away also, have to have one set on the deck for now, it won't be long and we will put it away. Now to start getting ready for our trip to Disney next month.

Gosh I get tired of deciding what to fix for supper all the time, sometimes I think a peanut butter and jelly sandwich would work for me, LOL...but don't think that would go over to well for the hubby, LOL Oh how times and things will change when he retires, he says he will kick back for awhile but will probably get a part time job, he would love to work at Lowe's, Menard's, etc. but he doesn't want to work at any stores and be a stocker, LOL...

Well time to read the news, finish my coffee and get this day started...hope you all have a good day...hoping things start looking up for Nalani, it all started out so good and now seems to be going down hill..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning.

Hi beth! Hi Cori!

Dark and gloomy (and hot). Expecting rain. (I hope).

Blood test at 9 for John then a bit a shopping. New pet store here I want to explore

Have a good Monday, Everyonel

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Rain is coming though later this afternoon.

Yesterday was good. Came home from church to deliver the pies to the stand and then eventually went back to help serve for the Meat & Greet lunch. It was nice to chat with different people. Had some rhubarb offered to me. Came home, got pies in the oven for today's order and then laid down for a nap...I was beat. Once the pies were done...the timer was my alarm clock to get up...I got stuff ready to go to my SIL to play cards. My cousin Karen was our 4th for the evening. We had a nice time. She hadn't played with us since spring time. Kathy actually had Blaise for the afternoon.

I'm happy for her. She's supposedly going to start getting 40 hrs and it's wiping her out....LOL!!! The local nursing home/senior citizen apartments has a mini bus that comes and drops residents off to grocery shop. When they check out, their groceries are double bagged & their apt # written on their bags. Kathy is very good with older people and apparently someone who was behind one of these residents was so impressed by her that she told the manager. After they all left, the manager gave her a $10 Giant Eagle gift card and told her what a good job she's doing.

Not sure what I'm going to do today. I'll go deliver the pies here shortly and see if I need to bake anymore for this year for him. If not, I think I'm going to start cleaning & organizing this place again. Of course there is laundry to do. Think I'll cook a nice dinner. I need a few days "off" and then I'll be rearing & ready to go again in the kitchen.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Good for Kathy..growing up is so hard for some but maybe she has found her niche. If only more people would acknowledge others efforts it could make a difference for some of these kids. Good job Kathy!

It is going to be hot here, too, Elaine. Yesterday it was a bit over 100 at our house...car said 107* coming home from church but it had been sitting in the parking lot and that made for a much higher temp.
        We didn't go to the college yesterday, after all. a young woman from Becky's first semester speech class needed help going over here English paper. She is a smart girl but English is not her first language and this paper had a lot of commas in it and needed some correcting...we certainly could have used and English teacher, Elaine! I always second doubt myself and so does Becky, so we googled a lot of the grammar rules. Anyway, I was ok with not driving down to Chico.
        I have my early girl (6:55) today so that is why I am here on the desktop before I do the treadmill or breakfast.
        After work for me will be a trip to the pharmacy and pet store for dog food.
        I hope you all have a good day. No rain in sight here. My sprinklers are going right now!

Comment

Good morning. Was suppose to rain here last night but I am not seeing any signs of that. Cards lost so I am not very optimistic about a playoff berth for them. I hated the announcers so badly that I would just check in for the score. Those guys were so boring...I like my home team announcers and hate when they move a game to another channel. I am thinking no kids tonight but that could change in a heartbeat. I have a small meatloaf frozen and that sounds good. Need to grocery shop and bet there is a load of laundry or two laying around. Guess I will watch the debate tonight but I know who I will vote for. It is scary out there! I should be well rested after taking the weekend off but we will see. Need to think about bringing in plants..finding inside places will be a problem but I only have two to save. The morning is flying by here...gotta start moving!

Comment

Good morning world. Like Paula said, hot but will start a cooling trend tomorrow. It should be into the 70s in a few days. Time to get out my long sleeves. I can't stand to have my arms cold. Still no rain in sight.

I want to make up a batch of spaghetti sauce for the freezer but have to wait until I use up some things. There just isn't room for it. I have a whole laundry list of things to do but the first one is the kitchen floor. Don't see how one old lady and one little dog can make such a mess of a floor.

Will finish coffee and get busy. See you all later.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
              Had trouble getting here today....the current post didn't even show up for a while.

Today will get to only 77°, it's overcast outside, and when I checked the weather we have 60% chance of rain. Looks promising. Yay!

Yesterday's trip to D&D didn't work out. They were closed. So we will repeat the trip today. Then E wants to go to the pharmacy for our flu shots. The trip to CA in a few weeks, and being sequestered on a ship with a bunch of people we don't know for 4 days, (plus my very impaired immune system) puts us at risk. I hadn't even thought of that. So we will do that today, too.
              I guess my medications have to be in their original bottles. That will be a packing hassle. I don't like that they're not even responsible for their employees, if personal stuff goes missing. So I guess my jewelry, what little I plan to wear, will be at the bottom of my purse. I don't think I'll like Carnival cruise lines because of their "not responsible" (irresponsible?) policies on everything!. [If we pick another cruise, our first choice will be Norweigen lines again.]. It has been a big hassle getting info we need from Carnival, even though we were fully paid up for our part. Like the time we actually are supposed to embark? What room # we have? They want everyone to sign up to a list where they send you info on other cruises they offer, etc., giving you a lot of junk mail. E told them, when we managed to get a phone number, that he's a paid-up customer, and just wants the basic necessary info, not 13 emails of ads every day. They said he wasn't on the passenger list. So DD got in on it, it's her DD's wedding, got us a contact person, and we got what we needed. So now that's all set. Finally. I can't tell you how many hours E spent on that, but it was over the course of 3 days. He's still reading the fine print, though. That's how he found out about the meds requirement. Guess I'll take my hospital list along, too; I'm only taking maybe half the meds I'm listed for, though.....under the circumstances I don't need them all, and a few I really don't need at all, but they're "just in case" the chemo makes me sick. But no chemo for now anyway.
              Life! It's always something, isn't it. 🙄

Well, I've had my mocha and a handful of chips. I should get some cereal.
              Then get dressed and ready for today. It'll be very chilly out there for me today, so slacks to keep me warm I think. And a tunic top.

Have a great day. Be the reason someone smiles today. 😄
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Somebody needs to merge boffler's post with the other morning post, please.

I had a bit of trouble with the RT site this morning. I thought I was starting a new post, then the page blinked and it changed the title, and then it "disappeared" altogether. But then I got to the RT and found my broken message, and deleted it. Very weird. The cyber gremlins are out again?????? 😉

How's it going, Nalani? Any good progress to report on the smoking situation? All considered, it should be a non-smoking facility. Second hand smoke is full of it's own dangers. Plus, it stinks....literally!
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

good evening....

I got busy this morning .. sun was shining and very warm... so I strip beds . wash every single item and lined dried them all... weather man was saying rain at 1pm... and by golly,, at 1 pm on the dot it started to sprinkle...i dashed out. got all off the line... had to dry about 5-10 in dryer (inHigh). to take the sprinkle spots out.. I love bedding dried outside in sunshine!!!!.. took a rest break. make a good lunch for us.. the relaxed with coffee. Son Bruce walked in , to visit, I had asked the kids to please start dropping in to talk to their Dad.. peps him up.. so spent pleasant couple hours with him. just now realized I had not checked in here today...

Elaine wasn't brave enough to merge today?..

Amen Maxie, It is scary. I know who I am voting for too and do not intend to watch the Debates.. It will be on the news for hours and hours afterwards .all I know is they have cut into the DWTSs show... DWTSs not an important event... but this is the second time they have messed with that show.. (out of three)..
                  but It is MY favorite. . and I am ( the proper word is P****).. but irritated will have to do.

JOG you are the bravest person I think I know... going on a trip with all the stuff you are dealing with ... you are amazing!

Hi Beth and Donna...
                  Daughter Karen got some beets for us to can.. yippee.. I love canning beets ..easiest thing in the world to do..
                  Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Thanks, Maye. I'm not in pain, nothing is bleeding, I'm not fainting due to blood condition.....might as well take that trip while I can. (For having dropped 2 treatments, I'm feeling quite good, except for easy tiring out when I start doing much of anything.). I think my greatest challenge, or drawback, is this stupid colostomy. Clothing that fits & hides it. Keep track of where bathrooms are. I won't be dancing, for sure.

Went to D&D again today. They don't have the newest catalog styles in the store, it turns out. So ordered that overdress I wanted....won't have to pay shipping charges, and they'll call me when it comes in (10 days). If it fits I'm lucky. If I need to exchange it for another size, I'm probably out of luck on the outfit. I say that because I find that D&D sizes vary within the store. Half the tops I bought there went to our stepdaughter because of the size-within-size there does differ. Live and learn. The clerk didn't seem to stay focused well, had to really concentrate on the order she made for me.

Went and got our flu shots after that. Then home for the day.

I asked E to check and see what meats we might have in the freezer in the garage. He hit a jackpot!!!. Tonight we're having turkey breast cooked in chicken broth, with veggies. I might toss in some frozen cranberries that I found.
                    He also found some stuffed cabbage rolls I'd made before I got sick this year. If they're good, we'll have them tomorrow!
                    There's a mystery casserole that will probably be tossed once it thaws. We'll see.
                    He'll also get meat loaf by next week. 😄
                    Maxie would have a field day with my freezer!!! 😂
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

New News.....😊
                      My cancer doctor isn't going to wait for the Oncologist's report in November. So I get another lab test, scans, and a follow up in late October. ON MY SCHEDULE! I'm not scheduling anything more before our trip, or somebody will want to interfere. I just know it. But the nurse was very accomodating
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X