Wednesday Sept 21 Good morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday Sept 21 Good morning

Yesterday work was not the best but it wasn't really too bad either...men's department was just a mess again...job security Then the person that normally does kids wasn't there so I had to work on kids when I got my department done...kids is so confusing and frustrated...I don't understand the way things are in that department..I just need to work with it more and I will gain confidence...

Volunteering was great as usual. They were all glad to see me...

Last night I went with my sister and oldest niece to watch my niece play volleyball...well before the game even started my niece got hurt... She jumped to hit a ball and came down and stepped on another girl and her foot went side ways Pretty bad sprain! It almost made me sick to see her hurting so bad...anxious to check with my sister and see how she is....I think that my sis was taking her to have it looked at this morning.

Today is another work day..then walmart...then church this evening.

They call this hump day Today, 07:49 AM

Weird but true. Mid week, and on the downward slide to the weekend...I always look forward to weekends because hubby is home, soon I won't know what day it is when he retires...and I already know the house will never be the same because of the picking up and cleaning up I already do after him..

Last nights dinner around the firepit was great, our friends truly enjoyed it, I used cinnamon/brown sugar swirl bread for the apple pie, pie iron pies, they tasted so good. The menu was hot dogs with chili and all the fixin's you could add, pizza pies, ham and cheese pies, s'mores and apple pies...they stayed until a little after 9:00 and I said it was time to call it a night, some have a work day the next day.

I got the fire started an hour before everyone was to arrive.

Well today is taco's for supper, or taco salad...My latest project is going through the freezer and using up the things that are in there, instead of keep buying more 'stuff' and having it go to waste.

Hope everyone is on the upward swing in getting better...I have been doing good and hope it continues so I can enjoy the Disney trip coming up in a few weeks.

Have a great day one and all.....find a reason to smile and count your blessings, think positive...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was good. After Blaise's dentist appt & getting him to school, I delivered my pies. Lew ordered 6 for today, which surprised me, but he's the boss. Came home & baked those pies and made the lemon meringue pie that was ordered. Got everything cleaned up and then went with my Mom to her Neurologist appt. She actually ask me to come back with her to listen what he said. Nothing serious, just raised her med dosage. We then went to Aldi's and home. We would have gone out for dinner, but I had a new customer coming and I wanted to meet her. She was 45 minutes later than she told me. We could have gone out after all. Dang! Tried a new dish for supper. It was OK and a keeper. Something different.

Today is catch up day. No special orders, just trying to get ahead and bake any pies he orders for tomorrow. My first project is icing the 6 doz sugar cookies. I've got an order for Friday for 3 doz of them.

Oh...Corky called & priced the cost of the furnace part that is needed for the repair, and it's only about $130 vs the $650 we were quoted to have the H&a/c guy to do it. This should get us through until next year and then we'll decide what we want to do. Thank goodness he can do this type of thing.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

I THINK I've gotten all the tools found in the garage. I'm having to put all the tools that I THINK my sister-in-law might use in one huge tool cabinet, and then the rest divided into 2 other tool cabinets for the one niece and nephew. The oldest niece's husband is a mechanic and doesn't need any tools. My nephew is buying a house so he will need tools for himself. Hopefully, he will take the big power tools like the table saw, miter saw, and router table so my S-I-L doesn't have to mess with trying to sell those.

There are also a lot of antique furniture and tools that will have to go to her antique store as she has room for them. There are 2 big antique trunks of the antique tools, so unless an antique dealer comes and buys them, she will have long time to deal with them. There's also a lot of BIG coffee grinders to get rid of. So it will be a while before she can get both cars in the garage.She did get rid of the "antique" car to a guy in Ohio who will be restoring it. At least I had room to park my car in the driveway this time.

Monday I worked in the garage until 7:30 and last night she "made" me stop at 6:00. Tonight we will be attending a "retirement" conference at the college. Then we want to go to another one Saturday morning. Then we will go to some grave yards so she can get an idea of what she wants to buy for a headstone.

Friday we go to the zoo with my niece and great-niece. Today L. will not have her great-grand daughter, so we both will be in the garage. I will welcome the help as my back is screaming VERY loud. Our first job will be to empty the other toolbox that doesn't have any tools, but has more misc. in the drawers. That will be put in boxes and I'll sort that on the next trip up. No way can I get everything done on this trip.

Now that I have bored you to tears, I will just say have a "good one".
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

good morning

Jostoy.. I enjoyed reading about your sorting out the garage.. are you available soon?.. ..dear hubby will not discard anything... you never know when you might need that worn out belt or bolt!...at least when we moved 13yr ago. ,our son bought our house and he got to " inherit" a shed full of junk .so the accumulation of stuff is not quite as massive ..

Sharon , just remember I warned you about the Retired Husband...the helping-run-the-house only last for about a year. then it will be all yours again.

Donna, was hoping to feel better today and maybe tomorrow make grease balls... had to get another prescription of the neuronton .and after two doses the pains have subsided again.. so as bad as I hate taking meds. I will keep taking it.. makes me cough and feel weary . but... better than pain.

Hi Beth.. all jobs have good days and bad days... keep smiling ,your winning.

Hi to all... miss seeing some of your faces here.. and hearing the news from you.. and you dear folks who check in , like having a chat on the porch.
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

You are never boring Jo but I can appreciate the work you are doing. My husband saved all types of things and with his dad being a retired plumber we had junk everywhere because 'someone might need it'. Well no one ever did and when he died the boys and I made many trips to the junk yard or recycling to dispose of all the valuable stuff. Sharon I often wonder what retirement would have been like. We looked forward to it. I do know that these grandchildren would have been spoiled rotten because he was a kid himself! Dinner last evening was fun...it is like we have seen each other last night when we sit down. In the middle of the night I had a sneezing fit and have a headache this morning. That has happened twice this week and I am taking allergy meds. Humm.. Have nothing planned today but to do laundry. Caught up on the ironing yesterday and even ran the vac. The adjuster met Sierra at work yesterday and she has almost 1500.00 in damages...all plastic of course. Today her dad will call for an appointment to get it in for repair. The bee sting is still swollen and itchy..this is my saluting finger. Barb ask me last night why my finger was swollen and I told her overuse. Think we will have chicken breast in the crock pot and new red potatoes for supper. The kids think I have been holding this delicacy out on them...a newfound favorite...boiled red potatoes with butter and parsley. What is easier than a boiled potato with butter slapped on it? It is my new fav also!! Coffee getting cold and Jon brought home some pastry ring someone gave him yesterday. Someone needs to give it a taste test and that someone might as well be me..

Comment

Good morning.
              Again, I stayed up reading til almost midnight. Them we both woke about 3a to use the bathroom. I woke again a few minutes ago...it's 7am now.....E is still abed.
              Got my cuppa honeyed tea this morning. I do like my orange blossom honey! ☕️
              So yesterday was overcast, but no rain here. The cool weather was delicious, only 88°! Loved it. Went shopping and got 3 new pair of shoes. I'm glad to say my ever-swelling feet are a wider size, not a bigger size. I get my shoes at the SAS Store (San Antonio Shoes). They last 'forever'! Needless to say, a lot of my older shoes will be in the Goodwill bag shortly....I'm glad to say they still look very good, many like new, so some ladies will be glad to get them. Someday I hope to hear "I bought these at Goofwill for $1, and they've lasted me "forever"!!!
              Returned some office supply items to Target, went to lunch at Applebee's, and picked up some bread and stuff at Safeway.
              So I had my exercise in walking yesterday.
              I found pork ribs in the freezer yesterday, so popped them in the stewing pot and made Hawaiian ribs out of them. E loved it with sweet potatoes.

Today it's back to mid-90's, no rain forecast. But tomorrow we have the below-90 and 20% rain forecast again! Crazy weather! 🌵

No plans today. Just need to get things done.
              Sending GD a purse for her wedding outfit. Also sending 2 pair of thick socks (one or trimmed in pink, the other in black - E's idea). in case either of them start getting "cold feet" before the wedding. 😄

I need breakfast. Have a great day!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Cute socks idea, Jo!
                I just bought some Star Thistle honey at the farmer's market, Jo. Kind of sweeter than the store brand I have been buying. Does that make sense: too sweet?
                Nothing new here...
                Will drop n after I feed the kids to chat more.

Comment

Yes, that makes sense, Paula. Lighter color honeys tend to have sweeter and lighter tastes than darker honey. I have a birch honey from Alaska that is very dark, with a strong, less sweetness to it. I don't care for it, but hate to toss it. I find that it has an after-taste of bark to it. I'm glad I bought a very small bottle of it.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
                    Paula A commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Most of my honey comes from my hair stylist! She has two clients that give it to her with cute labels but no identity of flowers or orchard the honey comes from. Lots of hives around here brought down from Canada and Montana ...once I pointed out to my grandkids what those white boxes in the fields were, they would shout out anytime they saw them while driving!
                Working...
                X