Tuesday morning 9/20 Good morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday morning 9/20 Good morning

Yesterday was pretty much no different for a Monday at work....on my break I checked my phone for text and my sister had text me that she would be picking me up and we would be picking up lunch and heading to my great aunts to spend the afternoon with my granny and aunt...we had a great visit and very yummy chinese food...Granny liked her birthday gift.

Tonight I might be going with my sister and oldest niece to my her volleyball game...not sure...will depend on if my brother in law is going....if he goes there won't be room in the van for me....I thought that I would take advantage of Reagan being gone with my parents...I usually let her hang out with me on Tuesday afternoons until her dad gets off work...She doesn't much care for going to her sisters volleyball games.

Goood Morning!

Hi beth! Hi Everyone!

Just cooked a # of bacon and still have to deal with the grease when it cools. Then on to another Rum Cake for tonight's party.

Still have to finish mowing the lawn.

John's bloodwork is holding no stable. His platelets are even in the normal range! Wahoo! Now if only everything else was.

Have a good day! Will be back to check on you all when the day slows down.

Comment

Good Morning to all that pass this way today.

A chilly morning, these kind of days start with a little heat to take the chill off, to opening the windows, to closing them and turning on the air...living in NW Ohio makes that all possible..

Maxie what were you 'dumpster diving' for? Your neighbors get a free comedy act first thing in the morning? hope they brought coffee..

Yesterday I stayed busy getting lunch sandwich mixes made for hubby's lunches, he refuses to pay what they want for sandwiches/food in the newly built cafeteria in the office building, so I now make his lunches for him....and he will not take a thermos for hot foods...glad he will be retiring because I should be able to retire also. Was thinking back to his years at this job, I use to have to iron his shirts and keep his ties looking nice, at that time in life I was ironing his shirts and pants, my sons shirts and pants, my daughters shirts and pants and even the youngest ones clothes...sure glad those days are over...then he went to corporate casual which made things a whole lot easier, and then to fire retardant clothes (no softeners of any sort) when he worked inside refineries, now back in corporate casual, will be glad when this is over, no more 5:45 a.m. alarms, no more lunches, and no more corporate casual clothing, just casual, LOL...also tired of supper being between 5:30-6:30 p.m. sometimes what you are cooking can't take and hour wait...

Oh well onward and upward with my day...Going to be a firepit cookout tonight, invited a few friends over to join us around the campfire...pizza pies, ham & cheese pies, hot dogs, and apple pies...and I also have the makings for s'mores..

Have a great day one and all..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

good morning

up moving slowly again.. this crap inside me will not let go!... I started the tapering off of the med. by extending hours between pills. and the pain came roaring back .. will call Dr. office ,report in and if I have to keep taking this particular med, I will need refill.. I[m just praying that this doctor did not "miss" something and all that this pain is not being caused by the great "Something Else".. in the meantime I took pills on time and it has started to let up again.
        .......ok, the whine for the day is over.

Sharon, you will be amazed how quickly his retirement will be here... (and then he will be under your feet 24/7. ..making suggestions )..and you will lose your nice quiet,neat house. the voice of experience... they have to be retrained..

Elaine, good news on John....is he comfortable watching Tv. and stuff.. David gets so depressed that he can't do the things ..like work at the sawmill. mow the yard.. .no energy. no strength in his legs .etc

Beth .sounds like a fun schedule today.

better get the necessities done.. before the energy seeps away.. see you all later
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning...yesterday i was diving for a shoe box Sharon. The box for the shoes he had on his feet and worked in all day. Had I been in my right mind I would have just told him you cannot return shoes you have worn all day at work and stayed in bed. Yesterday was a day around here! Starting with diving and then Sierra hit a dog. Not just any dog but a monster dog with her little Cruz. She is fine but there is considerable damage to her car. She and her dad went back and there were no tags or collar and he said the dog was very big which we guessed by the height of the damage on her little car. So while we are standing outside looking at her car and she is crying for all she is worth because she killed a dog, I was stung by a sweat bee...right on my finger! That little biddy sweat bee will aggravate me for about a week with swelling and itchiness. So our birthday supper was late but the cake was very good for store bought. Tonight I am meeting a friend for the evening. We have not seen each other all summer and have a lot of catching up to do but she is the type of friend that even after months and months you pick up right where you left off. I want to take her down our old street so she can see of the changes. But that also means I am not cooking tonight and Jon can have leftovers on his actual birthday. I doubt Andrew will be back tonight since he comes Wed. Thurs. Fri. and came special for his dad's birthday yesterday...but you never know. He has been known to show up on any day. He has his own key but we always try to be here when it is bus time just in case. With the dog incident I picked up Andrew last evening and what a nightmare with the construction. These are country roads and the bus stops at the head of our subdivision at an intersection. There were 4 utility trucks and a flagger! I know a flagger on these roads but they needed him. When all of us starting parking to meet the bus those guys just looked at us! I yelled out to the flagger that the school bus would be coming. They had no idea and there was no room for the bus. The flagger had to get another guy off the ladder to help guide the bus out and let her make the turn. So glad we are in the back and not living with that mess except to go in or out. In this time of my life I have to say that I find progress a bit disturbing...what makes progress so great anyway? Just makes me feel dumb because I cannot work my computer or cell phone and boy do I hate to be inconvenienced. Need to do some laundry and catch up on the ironing. I am feeling more energetic...maybe I needed that shopping day or maybe it was just time to get out of the funk. Looks like a beautiful day out but I will not be communing with nature until the swelling and itchiness go out of my finger. Sweat bees sure get aggressive in the fall!

Comment

Good morning.
            It's 74° At the moment, only getting to 88° today, and 20% chance of rain today. The humidity is up, anyway. Skies are grey. Wonder if we'll actually get the rain?
            Nothing much going on here. Yesterday I stayed up til near midnight and finished reading The Apothecary's Daughter by Julie Klass. Well written, clean story. 📖
            Well, I'm not sure what kind of mischief to get into today. I do need to clean up my sitting area. I'd like to bake something, but not sure what as yet.

Guess I'll have my cuppa and maybe toast this morning. ☕️
            Have a great day!!!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Oh, Elaine..... Quite some time ago I posted a recipe for Apricot Brandy bundt cake. I think you'd like that one quite a bit, too. I can repost the recipe if you like.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! It's sunny!

Yesterday was good. Baked 14 pies. I had the stand pies, 2 different customers, and the restaurant. Whew! Made a pretty simple dinner. The H & a/c came to check out our broken down a/c unit. Cork worked on it the best he could. We here it's the wheel cage in the furnace that blows the air through the vents that's broken. So we got quotes on new a/c & furnace along with a repair estimate. OUCH!!!! We were warned though by the home inspector to expect to replace both units in the next 5 years. Cork might be able to install the broken part himself. We'll see. Thank goodness we are at that time of year that we don't really need either one though the a/c would be nice since I'm still running this oven.

Blaise had trouble on the bus last week a couple times. I told him last Friday if he got in trouble again, he was getting paddled. Well he was jumping on the bus seat, so when he got in the house I pulled down his shorts and gave him two swats and made him write apology notes. I told him if he EVER misbehaved like that again, there was going to be 6 swats. I ask her yesterday how he behaved and she said PERFECT. That whatever I said worked. Baaahaaaaaa!

This morning Blaise had an 8am dentist appt, so we got that done & he delivered to school. Then I dropped off the pies and came home to start baking. He wants 6 for tomorrow, plus I have a lady picking up a lemon meringue pie on her way home from work. I'm also sending some cookies & business cards with her. It's a Red Hat Society picnic and she said she'd gladly do that for me. This afternoon I'm taking my Mom to a doctor's appt. We'll run a few errands afterwards and then home to make dinner and do homework.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Oh, Maxie, sorry for Sierra and the car and the dog. Angry that the owner let the dog run and cause so much sorrow.
                  All kids are present and in good spirits.
                  Not much going on. I have a mandatory food meeting on Thursday. The state wants to make sure we know what is expected and all new ( mandated) " guidelines."
                  Hope all goes well with your day!

Comment

Working...
                  X