Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday ~ 9/17 ~ Good Morning ! !

Well, where is everyone?

I have cleaned out the refrig (it needed it) opened new sack of cat (40# for 1 cat?), filled up his dish and the reserve bottle, finished my ironing, and am heading out the door to the market.

Have a good day, Everyone!

Good morning Ladyebug I was cleaning my bathroom...today is my chore day...I still need to put away laundry...alot of it...and do the floors and straighten my room....I also am going to make a dessert...not sure what yet...I just know that I want to make something that I have not made before.

I am feeling much better this morning...Work yesterday was a mess...I am not sure what happened...I got it all straightened out...I have my ideas of what happened on Thursday..There was a lady there from the highschool with students from a special ed class..They come to our store to volunteer to in order to get work experiance. She doesn't supervise her students as much as she should...so they sort of just hang stuff where ever they want.

Today is chores and making a dessert of some sort for when my parents get here...

The strangest thing yesterday my mom texted me and asked if I knew anyone with a certain last name...I don't..anyways evidently I have a certified letter or something at the post office in Centralia..my dad said he will go pick it up.

Comment

How can you people do all this morning stuff? I am up early for one reason...I'm outa here for breakfast and a days worth of shopping ending with a meal out weather it be a late lunch or just plain ole dinner. I have never been a morning person by choice and, now that I am older, not much of a afternoon starter either. It rained and rained and poured most of yesterday and last night but sun just can out and it is glorious! I need to call and set up a computer repair. I have never figured out how to work this computer (Sierra's old one) and it has never taken much of a liking to me. Now the printer told me some other computer is using it and won;'t print for me via wireless. i just hate that things in this house do not accept me...I am beginning to think I am an invisible person. The furnace and a/c thermostat tell me I am not home and the printer says I can't use it but some other person can? My doctor is insisting I see an endocrinologist but I can't get an appointment for 3 months, Dec. 21. Holy cow! After he jerked me around with all these x-rays, scans and blood test all summer the best they can do is 3 months. I am thinking I will cancel and just worry about my computer and grandkids. That Andrew is a hoot! Got his monthly grades yesterday in a nice computer generated sheet and this kid, he had the entire alphabet printed on that sheet. left us all shaking our heads. Then after 4 nights of working on his spelling he misses 4 yesterday. Claims his brain went dead. Well guess it happens...i have experienced that a few times myself...could be a genetic thing. Then he gives you that grin and you think 'ah it's friday night give the kid a break' and let him play video games with the neighbor kids. We are not the toughest around here but you gotta understand that that grin is a killer. Time for my shower and heading out. Going to have a lot of laughs since my sister is dress shopping. Hope the rain comes or stops whatever you need today.

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxie I get so much enjoyment from your post, I love your take on life and home life, LOL...I am a morning person, but by noon or so I am starting to fizzle out, I did all that you speak of with the blood work, xrays, and endocrinologist just to find it was calcium deposits, same thing for the boob nodule...I am calcifying....

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxie, I woke up late! It was a little after 6:00!
        Sorry, I am a morning person...whatever that means. I just love the quiet, world to myself feel of being up before the masses start mowing, chain sawing, working on motorcycles...yeah, my neighborhood is noisy!

Morning all

It's my Saturday to work. Had the day off yesterday and am off tomorrow. Same exact schedule this upcoming week too.

My old roommate, Renee, is in town (she introduced me to Chris) and is staying with us for a long weekend. We went out to dinner last night and have plans to go again this evening.

Otherwise, not much new in my world. Y'all have a good 'un.
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Have a great weekend..

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds fun! You always post such cool restaurants and places!

Good Morning, have the paper read, Facebook taken care of, had my morning cup of joe and hubby fixed breakfast...not nearly as energetic as Elaine. It's a rainy morning and supposed to be a rainy day here..wondering if football game and race will be rained out. Was going to close up the swimming pool today but that isn't happening...I shall read while hubby does other things, I have found in the midst of my reading he starts talking and I lose my train of thought...

Have a great day one and all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

good morning

been up forever ... but

Mark was here and chatted an hour.. got the to-do list I made out for him....... will be back later . I want a mini blind put up in my kitchen window.. totatlly unnecessary but ....if you come onto the deck it is the only window you can see into the house. and rather than have a curtain I want the mini blind .can let down at night and close.. besides I hate "black" windows at night.so Mark will get around to that whenever. ..oldest son and he is a great care giver.
        ... spent evening at Karens watching her prepare for Bethanys big sweet sixteen birthday party.. ( 2 months after the date).. I had taken David down the road 2 miles to play cards with the guys.. then picked him back up at 9pm.. don't want him driving at night..( or day).. he did not object so.I spend the time with Karen. was good for my nerves to have some woman talk ..

Pat ,are you busy in the winter months at all?.
        Hi Maxie,,, I understood every word you said about printers and computers... I swear they have a mind an a life of their own..have learned to hate my new printer... toooooooo much on it.. too many choices.. it is now taking hissy fit and won't do just a straight copy.. somewhere I have screwed up a sitting .
        so to get a copy, I first have to scan , which puts a copy in the computer. then click on that copy and it will then print it off. someday I will spent the two hours to get it straightened out .. aggggggg..
        Elaine:.. hope you had fun shopping
        Hi Beth. and hello to following rounders ... be back later to see who shows up today..

feeling a bit better .. slowly the pain is receding .. but the energy has not come back.. did not have that much to begin with . so you can now picture a wrung out dishcloth. ..have fun everyone.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
          Is it really Saturday already? I lose track too easily. Sunny day, the temps jumping around in the 90's lately. No rain in sight. Typical. 🌵
          So, E has become pretty domesticated. He has laundry plans for today, unless I decide I want to go somewhere.
          I'm thinking of making a macaroni salad with tuna fish. Easy meal. Fruit on the side, although I could imagine mandarin sections in it. Naw...on the side.

Maxie, how old is that computer? It may need some upgrades to operate properly, or it may be too old to handle the newest upgrades (E discovered one of his devices is that way). The computer fix-it shops often can recommend one for his needs without investing in new ones.

Pat.... you & Chris have a fun weekend with your friend.🤗

Everybody sleeping in? I'm double-tasking here, so surely someone's posted before I finish this post.

I think I'll be putting birthday cards together for October, as I've sent out the last of this month's already. Get the checks pre-written, etc. Got a long list for next month.

Well, tile to refill my teacup. It's getting harder to find orange blossom honey, which I think is perfect for tea sweetening and flavor. There's a problem with our bees diminishing in number now, so please do what we can to save them. We need them for most of our food crops.

Have a great day, everyone.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Cori may have been a bad kitty and slept in my parents bedroom last night...when I came home yesterday afternoon never ventured beyond kitchen upstairs after I checked to make sure the doors were closed..well I was putting clean towels in the bathroom this morning and found their door cracked.

Comment

Good morning! I have an agenda all over the place today. As I told Maxie I started later than normal, waking a little after 6:00 wondering why my alarm didn't go off or the dogs wake me up! Then realized it is Saturday! Usual wake up is 5:15.,,
              A friend has been posting her yard sale with preview pictures. She and husband had moved out of their Victorian a couple of years ago, but not sold it. Well, now they are selling Lots of stuff and furniture. I saw a picture of an old iron bed frame, headboard and foot and rails, and bought it through a post! She said she would leave it for me to come get after daycare, leave my check in the mailbox...they weren't there when I went to get it. Everything was covered in sheets and hopefully, it all survived the night. I put the headboard up and will decide how/ if I will paint it. The rails and footboard I put under my bed. I need a new blind in my window, but waiting for a sale. It is a bigger than normal window so it means custom blinds.
              Anyway, that bed is almost identical to one from my grandmother's house that we donated to a friend's campaign fundraiser years ago! Linda couldn't remember how or where they bought this bed, but I am just happy to have it! It is for a double bed, but my queen sized bed looks fine with it. Oh, and she gave me a reduced price!
              Have to get dressed for my 8:30 appointment. Funeral spaghetti is ready and I will warm it and drop it off at 11:45 on our way to Meet the Candidates in the Park.
              Becky informed me the newspaper and TV people will be there so we should be sure to look our best...no pressure, right! My political science major daughter is thrilled.
              Hope you all have a great day! Love spending these morning minutes with you!

Comment

Good afternoon everyone,
                I want to check for the last time..And it will be Tuesday.

I will be shut-down..And moving..I will miss all of you..
                We had some great times here..And wounderful friends we have here..

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• boffler
                  boffler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sassy where are you moving too? And will you be back with us when you get settled in ? Didn't know if you were saying goodbye to neighbors and those you have met, or to us like you were not coming back here...Good luck with your move...

• sassygirl01
                  sassygirl01 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I moved to different town..Where everything it is close to me..Like the church and the hosptial...

Good Afternoon! I thought I posted, but apparently I got interrupted and someone logged off the computer.....BLAISE.

Yesterday was busy in the kitchen. Baked for the restaurant and for the stand. Got done with extra time to spare, so I went out and almost finished the weeding along the driveway.

My feet hit the floor running this morning. Got 2 pots of soup made (cheesy potato and chicken barley). After I got those done, I worked on an order for this morning and the stand's order for tomorrow. When I FINALLY put the last of the pies in the oven (all apple pies), Blaise & I headed to the library. Got home and Lew from the stand had called. He sold most of the 12 pies that were down there, so he wanted to up his order from 4 to 10, so I started baking all over again. Just finally got those in the oven. Once they come out, I've got bread to bake to go with the soup.

Becca is coming home for the night since she has off tomorrow. My Mom and her friend Dorothy are coming over for dinner and cards. Becca should be home around 5:30. I made up a peach/nectarine pie for dessert. That is now my 2nd favorite pie. YUM!!!

Corky attempted to fix the a/c, but it shut off & isn't even close to 70. I have sweat dripping down my back.....GROSS!!!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Aloha all!

Comment

HI Nalani!!!!!!!

Sassygirl.. you will be missed ... your kittys are my smile each day.. .. hurry back...

Paula.. the really old bed frames had a headboard that went half way to the ceiling...Grandparents had two of those in their house.. foot board was about 2 feet above the mattress.. a real foot board.. ... where they went I do not know . when Mom and Dad moved their grandkids ( older cousins of mine ) came and took what they wanted. I got the "library table".. and their big wedding portrait.. which I still have and treasure.. I have my other grandmothers little "baby" rocker.. the one she set in to nurse her baby.. is small, has no arms.... real memories.

today went good.. quiet. and less pain.. still needed some tylenol.. but , prayers are working !..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                      sassygirl01 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And i miss you all...AWWW..Thank-you..
                  Working...
                  X