Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My grandson's wife....

Just got a note from DD:

" I knew she had been sick for months now and none of the doctors she saw were helping her. The other night she ran a high fever and Nathan took her to the ER. She was admitted with a Blood Infection, pneumonia , strep and meningitis . She will be there for a bit. When she gets home I guess a nurse will have to come to their place daily for awhile to administer daily IV antibiotics. "

What next! The girl is hardly more than a child, even at 20. I hope grandson can clean up their apartment before she comes home. Oh well, not my problem. Maybe they'll learn from the experience.

But that's some serious stuff she has happening to her. I hope she gets over it quickly now that she's hospitalized.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Wow! A lot to get over.
    Hoping her recovery is quick!

Comment

I think it is horrible when you are sick and no one is 'really' listening to what you have to say...and just pass you over. She has a lot to overcome, so glad he took her to emergency room....

Not to get off subject but that is what happened to me, so many things going wrong, just giving me a prescription for a pill I was either allergic to or could not swallow, no one cared, take the pill anyways...emergency room trip 2 different times is how I finally got better also.

I pray she heals from all of this, going to take her awhile to get any strength back.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Oh my! That is a lot to overcome! She may be feeling the affects of all that for a while to come. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Comment

GS' wife, Tama, came home from the hospital. The home nurse was supposed to show GS how to hook her up to the IV antibiotics through her pic line. GS generally faints from the sight of needles, so I hope the pic line makes it easier. The nurse will, I guess, be checking on her for about 2 weeks. That would normally be followed up with another doctor's appointment. I'll ask them to let me know.

DD, his mom, got the facts from his Facebook page. He has yet to even contact her. That's how he is, how he's always been. I plan to drop him a card and give him a talk about "family", the circle you reach out to. We've never ever gotten responses to our emails we've sent him. "That's just who he is" doesn't cut it for me. People can adjust....or be very alone.
          Last edited by JoGee; 09-17-2016, 10:02 AM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hope she gets better soon and the GS takes good care of her.

Comment

I'm sure he will, Nalani. Thanks.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
              X