Tuesday 9/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 9/13

Good morning lets try again...Cori tried to help me the first time...she is full of it this morning...I got up at 4 to switch my laundry and check in here before I go back to bed for a bit....Well the brat kitty that lives with me decided she wanted to drink mommy's water...she jumped up here while I was holding the glass in my hands..MY glass of water..and started drinking out of it...Last night she got in trouble because she got on the table while I was eating then I got her down...and I finished my salad...I got up to clean up the mess and turned around she was in my chair with her paws on the table cleaning crumbs from the table..I love not knowing what to next expect from this kitty of mine..as crazy as she is some time I wouldn't want my life to be any other way than with her...I told mom should I ever find a husband that he would have to understand the cat comes too...we are a package deal!

Plans for my day have changed...I am working this morning then coming straight home to do dishes and that kind of thing in the kitchen...then around 3 my youngest niece is coming over...her sister has a volleyball game in IL. Reagan doesn't much like going to the away games...so if it works out for everyone then she comes here until her daddy gets off work. I don't mind and kind of like the extra time it gives me with her... Sometimes we go the movies...other times we watch tv....Tonight we will watch tv and play with our tablets. Well she will play I will read.

Everyone have a great day...I am going to snuggle with a kitty before I need to get ready for work.

Good Morning!

Hi Beth! Better get a drinking glass with a lid. Our cat will sneak a drink if we don't watch him.

Just put a roast in the slow cooker. I hope it works out. Never too crazy about food in the crackpot but continue to try.

Lunch yesterday was a big disappointment, however the Strawberry Millionnaire pie was outstanding! We went to a jewelry store and I had a gold chain shortened, got 2 ring spacers and had 5 watch batteries installed. Good day! Off to mop the floor before John gets up.

Hope you have a good day.

Comment

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ladybug,I am withy ou on that one..Glass with lid..My cats see glass water..They like to play with it..The ice cubes..
      I am being real lazy..I cooking the frozen pizza..The roast sound good..I use mine all the time..For everything...Mine do not cool off..

Good Morning to all...weatherman says it is going to be a beautiful day, hope so...have not had many chances really to sit on the deck in the mornings with coffee, most have been way to humid and muggy, now it is to chilly...almost makes me want to build a fire in the fire pit hubby built for us...will be using it for our supper pretty soon.

No real plans for the day, going to be getting my sewing room (diningroom) set back up and get ready to do some quilting this fall and winter...going to stop spending much time on Facebook, that is addicting and I need the break...

We will be having smoked pulled pork sandwiches and scalloped potatoes for supper and since I have pkgs. of it frozen all I have to do is make the potatoes, or might make mac & cheese instead.

Maye hoping this is your week to be on the upward swing of getting over these shingles...wonder how much worse it would have been had you not had the shot!! Is that possible?

Bethina, my cats have always been my companions and entertainment when hubby has been away, training them early is key, but I will say I keep a container of Clorox wipes on my counter and wipe it down each morning...they do not get on the counter or tables during the day, but my black smooth top in my stove has footprints on it just about every morning...so I know what they do at night... I never leave a glass of anything unattended because they have found them and knocked them over before, can't bring any flowers or live plants in the house, they eat them...hubby is going to put a shelf up on the wall with no access just so I can have a place for a plant of flowers..

Paula the horsey woman needs to wear a helmet for sure and pads..our son had a horse for over 7 yrs. but had to let her go because of his work schedule, she was a paint and a beauty..

JoG, hope good news comes your way.

Jostoy, thanks for letting me know the schedule again, if I don't write it down I won't remember it...love what you told that guy about the dentist, gave me a good chuckle!

Time to read the news, finish my coffee and get busy...Hope everyone finds a reason so smile and be thankful today...((((hugs to all))))

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Boff, that was the only thing I could think of without getting foul mouthed.

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was busy but my head was a bit muddled. It was Sue's last of helping for this pie season. This are slowing WAY DOWN, so I can't justify having her. I think there are enough pie shells & tops in the freezer for at least 2 weeks. I had a half bushel of peaches I had to make into filling, baked 8 pies, and made dinner. Becca did go to the ER and after sitting for 5 1/2 hrs they took her back and said it was a muscular pain (they did the EKG & xrays before taking her back) and gave her a Rx for Motrin. Her friends took her & stayed with her the entire time. Their "reward" to themselves for that ordeal was dinner at Texas Roadhouse. I offered to bring dinner in, but she told me about where they were wanting to go. I offered over & over to come in, but she said she was fine.

Yesterday I went for lab work and we had to call the doctor's office because the revised lab slip didn't arrive in time which had a CBC added to it because the Central Scheduling girls said I had to have it before my biopsy today. The lady from the Radiology Dept called me with instructions and the time for today and I ask about that lab test. She said they no longer require it. Told her she better clue CS Dept into that. What a waste of time & money.

This morning after delivering the pies, I hope to bake off the remaining two kinds of cookies...snicker doodles & sugar cookies...and bake pies. 3 for outside orders and 5 for the stand. My biopsy of my thyroid nodules is early this afternoon. I'll be home in plenty of time before Blaise gets home. Leftovers for dinner.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Good Luck today on the biopsy, will say a prayer for you dear friend...always busy friend...glad Becca's report was a good one, but the heart is a muscle... pie season almost over, cream pies and other pies are always in demand, LOL...

Good morning everyone.

JoG, I couldn't see how they would get rid of your colostomy before you had all your treatments done. But then again, they do some things differently today than what they did a few years ago.

Think I got into some more poison ivy at the lake. Although I don't know where as I stayed away from the tree line, and I sprayed everything the last time I was over there. I have 2 spots on my left leg that "looks" like the other time when I had it all over my body. The 2 spots will be much easier to doctor than the whole body. The last time it took about 30 min. to wash the affected area with the poison soap then to apply the calamine lotion.

Today I have to run the sweeper and mow my yard as the weather wennies say possible rain for tomorrow. Laundry will be done on Thursday.

That is all I have for today, so everyone have a good one.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm just getting over a small round of Poison Ivy and I picked up an ancient lil jar of Mentholatum (smells like Vicks) and it did a better job than anything else relieving the itching.

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll have to try that. Thanks Cookie

Again a nothing day. I certainly am not pressing myself around here. Washed the sheets yesterday so should remake the bed today...we will see. Jon is in the midst of working a double so will come in this afternoon, eat and disappear. That leaves me with homework but at least I can just flop mac and cheese in front of Andrew and he will be a happy little boy. The last couple of days have been beautiful but a little to cool for my taste mornings and evenings. Sister, niece and I are shopping Saturday so guess I had better be looking at sweatshirts and new jeans. Rain coming in tomorrow for the rest of the week. Not a surprise around here..it always rains!

Comment

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm ready for a nothing day, but I always feel guilty. Now come evening time, I'm DONE. I turn into the wicked witch at 8pm. Well, not really, but that's what I told my girls so they wouldn't leave their bedrooms after I put them to bed.

Good morning, everyone.
    Had a big surprise rain, with hail!!!!, yesterday afternoon. When we arrived home, there was evidence (puddles and wet concrete) that it fell in our neighborhood, too. Funny thing, it all but stopped when (1) we left the restaurant, (2) going into and leaving the Target store, and (3) going from the car into our house. So I never got really wet. E did when he wasn't with me. Now how odd is that?!!!

I think yesterday's appointment went well. The appointment had been set up by the previous doctor, and had things gone as expected, I'd be done by the end of the year. But no, I have 2 conditions that battle each other. But the Friday appointment with Dr R, and Monday's appointment with the surgeon, there IS a plan in place, but it'll take a few months longer. The surgeon was glad to be brought up to date, nonetheless. He will have a chance to study my records before he has to deal with me....in fact he can follow the progress on the computer records. Actually, Dr R, the head of the team of doc's, thought the surgery would be safe for me. But the surgeon who has to do it says no, at this point. The red cells have to be fixed, and the count brought up. (So you're right, Jostoy.)
    (Sharon, having a real plan for my treatments IS the good news! We both feel more confident knowing that.)
    Oh, and both Dr Elqueza and his assistant (my cancer doctors) saw me and came over to say hello and chat just a bit as we were leaving. Ellis said, "aren't you getting a bit too popular with the doctors and staff here")? 😄 Hey, if they remember you, that's a GOOD thing!

But yesterday did tire me. After lunch (out), we stopped at Target mainly for socks for both of us. Browsed through the store during the worst of the rainfall. E picked up a fleece shawl in a poncho style for me, because I felt really cold. I wore it out of the store. A simple dinner of hot soup, a TV show (Foyle's War - a PBS Series), and by 8 pm I was so tired I just hit the sack. Slept through til 6:30 this morning. That's a very long sleep for me.

No plans for me today. Maybe exercise is in order. I saved all the sheets of exercises from PT, and will do them on my own. Had E laminate them. My girls sent me the right exercise bands. Have some leftovers that I can make into soup, or a casserole today. We'll get to only 89° today, and a chance for more rain. Thank you, Mother Nature!

Elaine, what is in that pie? It sounds good!!! Do you have that recipe to post?

To all. Have a great day!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good morning

what joy and distraction coming in to read the Family room each day.!..
      . I think my nagging and seemingly never- ending low grade pain on that left side can be masked out with a busy mind ..just wish I had the energy to work at stuff in the house.. like clean out the inside of kitchen cupboards , just for the heck of it...
      I have one cupboard with three shoe boxes with medicines bottles/boxes in ,very neat way to store.. however ,I pulled them out and started to sort and discard... outdated vitiamins ,left overs from prescriptions of "stuff"...then put .current meds first , closest box. the rest up higher.. these are kept in kitchen so David can find his pills. maybe today I will find another shelf to make tidy.. (or not).
      Sharon I did have the shot and so I only got a few, maybe5-6 small "blisters".. but the underlying nerves are what is at war.. its called postherpetic neuralgia and has no real deadline of how long it can last....I have learned something new... what long term pain is like , and for you folks who have been there or still are.. I now feel deeply for you.. my dear hubby does not understand that it is ME this time hurting .. so far, he's a lousy care giver I will have to get out my fighting shirt and beat this stuff!.

Bethina, I love reading about your kitty... we have our Kadie Kat and she is so funny, loving. .. never though I would see the day David would like a cat that much
      Jostoy...no no not poison ivy... get it stopped
      Elaine, I love roast beef in the slow cooker.... especially sirloin tip.... ,salt,pepper, smidge of garlic powder, and cut up onion above and below roast .add some water, maybe 1/2 cup. put on high for 4-5 hour ( depending on size). then of low for another 4 hours. if it stops "cooking" on low , turn on high another hour.. then back to low.. keep testing and when it is no longer Stringy. and taste delicious, its done. I have use other types of roast like london broil. ,top round but sirloin tip is the winner!. ( chuck roast will taste good..but never gets "tender",stays stringy).I have made my self hungry.. and my roast in freezer will get pulled out to thaw for tomorrow!. NOW how do you prepare your roast.?
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Maye, I can't take anything for pain, so I do exactly what you said you'd try...stay busy so my mind doesn't concentrate on my pain. Even just plain Tylenol made me loopy and sick to my stomach since my gastric by-pass. Was never able to take any narcotics or any form of it.

As to my roasts...always cooked in the crockpot. Anymore it is pork roast that I can digest the best. About the only beef that I can eat is hamburger.

Good cool morning! When I took garbage out at 6:50 it was only 59*!
      Everyone is well and back to daycare. And happy!
      So my day is pretty much set: kids, cook, play and repeat. Read, music, lessons all fit in the kids category!
      Finally got my lawn mowed yesterday.
      Have a good day!

Comment

Good afternoon everyone,I just to pop in and say "HI"...

And found this great pic.lol..You know my cat do the same thing..Mine,Mine...lol...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Maye & Jostoy, E was just reading from a science magazine yesterday to me. The brain cannot multi-task, but concentrates on one thing at a time. So if you are concentrating on something else, you should be able to not feel the pain. They used a virtual reality game to discover this,
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X