Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 👋 the latest on JoGee, 9/12

Monday, 9/12.

We went to visit my new surgeon this morning, Dr Valentine Nfonsam. I really like this guy...not only does he have a great sense of humor, he exudes a "power" that fills the room when he enters. We covered the fact that we've "lost" about 6 doctors in the past 2 years through doctor transfers and doctors' personal family reasons.
    The doctor teased that he sees a "connection" to the loss of the doctors, one common item, the patient --- me!
    I teased back, reaching for his hand to shake, and said, "Well, should we just say goodbye now, then?" He laughed so nice! He said, No, I'm not going to get rid of him so quickly; he plans to be around for quite a while. 😄
    We went through much of my medical history. Then established why I was there, to meet him?, to request the surgery? We told him the appointment was already set up by the previous surgeon, so we were just touching base.
    He said, "Well, first you have to finish the blood problem with Dr. Ravi. Then you have the rest of the chemo with Dr. Elqueza to complete. After that, you contact my office and only then can we complete the reversal surgery. 🤔
    Okay, that's pretty much what we expected. But we're not disappointed. It makes a good deal of sense.
    It's just going to last a few or several months longer. (Can I *groaaaannnnn* on that last comment, though?)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

((Jo))

Comment

Always and adventure with you.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Might as well look at the bright side when you can. It'll keep one from going crazy. 😀
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I love your updates even if I don't love the outcome. But this doctor sounds great and one we all can give our thumbs up to!

Comment

I agree, Paula. I wish he could oversee these two hurdles I have to get past first.
            Thanks.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X