THURSDAY - Sept 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THURSDAY - Sept 1st

I'll get this started.......GOOD MORNING!!!! It was a cloudy and wet one yesterday but the sun is shining now.

Yesterday was good...well most of it. After dropping off the pies, I headed into town....by myself. Bank, gas, and then onto the Thrift Store. Got myself several tops and Blaise some more shorts. Now to pitch some of the grungier t-shirts. Started in on baking then after putting away the groceries that I got at Aldi's. I just love that store! My SIL stopped in for a quick visit, which was nice. Then the bad or frustrating point of the day....waiting for the bus. Blaise's drop off time is 4pm. I figured they might be a LITTLE late on the first day. I was just starting to head back into the house at 4:30 to see if they called...maybe something happened...when the bus went zipping by. GRRRRRR!!!!! He did see me...too late. He turned the corner and blew the horn for me to come get him at the lower end of our property. I was none too happy at that point. Anyways, Blaise had a great 1st day of school. Called Becca and she had a fantastic start to her last semester of college. Her CapStone professor would like to see her publish and present her paper when it's done because that topic/study has never been done before. I'm so proud of her! Becca is a very good writer. She can whip off a paper very quickly and still get a good grade on it. It would take me WEEKS of writing to come up with the same thing or worse.

Today I'm going to spend my day in the kitchen baking pies & cookies, or at least that's the plan. All is subject to change. I do have customers coming at 10am & 2pm, so I can't go anywhere for long or far. I could always clean something. I did start pulling weeds yesterday while waiting on the bus.

Have a good one all!
    Last edited by cookielady; 09-01-2016, 06:41 AM.

Morning major allergy and sinus issues...mixed with a very vocal cori not a good way to start my morning...hoping it gets better.

Work yesterday was pretty good...the high light of my day was being picked up after work by my brother in law after work and going to my sisters for lunch with my family....I was surprised to see my granny...mom and dad had brought her over to her sisters they are headed out on a road trip.

Today work shopping for granny lunch out them home.

Comment

Good Morning....

I truly dislike getting up in the dark....I love winter but getting up while it is still dark outside is not my cup of tea, coffee maybe, never tea, LOL...I was thinking this morning I have been getting out of bed at or by 6:30 a.m. since 1978 first because of kids being in school, then after they all left home, still getting up with hubby...I have always thought it important to get up and at least be awake when he left for work so I could say a proper good day and see you tonight and know what he was wearing, just in case...well I am so looking forward to not hearing that alarm go off and hubby getting ready for work...the end of December I will finally be able to get up when I want to..

Today will be cleaning the house, bathrooms especially, and catching up on laundry. I have to also make my calendar for the year 2017, starting to get appts. for next year already so need a calendar...

Donna, what the heck is the problem with that bus driver they have to remember the age of these children....so very proud of Becca she has done so well so far in life, just wish Kathy would get her life together, but that would mean she would have to get over the 'entitlement' feelings first... You as usual are always busy, I could not do all that you do for sure...slow and steady for me...

Hello to all that have or will pass this way today....onward and upward with a big smile and happiness and thankfulness in my heart...

Hoping Nalani and Pat are safe, the weather in Florida and Hawaii sounds nasty...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning,

Since Donna and I have the same weather.. you know today is to be good for me too...
        son Mark did get here and mow yard around noon,,,so that is done for the week... I just did not feel like going anywhere. yesterday..
        ..........these D*** shingles just don't let up.. no matter how many pain pills I take..I walk around like a woozy drunk. and still my side hurts..
        David is getting antsy wanting to go to store. and my grocery list gets longer .. so Im hoping I can push myself out the door today..
        AND Donna needs grease balls!.. ...

Bethina..you have not mentioned Granny lately.. glad to hear she is out and about.

Just for a joke ,when Karen and I were buying flowers plants in June..I picked up a little container with 3 tomato plants for David ..told him that was to be his Garden...there is a space along the house wall that has two everblooming rose bushes..kind of straggly things, but there was room to plant the 3 plants. the joke is on me... the plants took off.. we staked them up and they are loaded with tomatoes... will not have to buy any more at the store and will probably end up canning/freezing some tomato juice, or giving them away to family .. .they are doing beautifully.. for $.1.50. , I have a real bargain.!

so Hello to one and all..
        Jo G. in my Prayers..
        Darla may the move be without turmoil.
        BarbCa.. hope you are feeling good today
        Nalani.. ah glorious Hawaii..
        Pat... been a busy summer for you!... will wish the best year for Erin
        Elaine... you and John are in my prayers so much ..
        Sharon.. may your weekend be full of fun... but don't over do! btw,retirement is sweet but he will under your feet. ..David was a pest the first year.. I finally have him retrained , 24 years later..

be back later on all of you

Last edited by Mayebarnes; 09-01-2016, 07:15 AM.
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

My last 6 days were not all "fantastic". When we should have been concentrating on my cousin's funeral, we were all concerned about my Aunt, and how she was going to like the Supportive Care. Well all our concerns were for naught. She liked the place and it was so clean. Each time someone moves out, they paint and put in new carpet. She chose a room that overlooks the court yard which has some pretty flowers and a bunch of bird feeders.

She did very well walking the halls and was steady on her feet and legs the entire time, with the help of her new walker, which has the hand brakes and a seat for her to sit if she gets tired. She is so anxious to move in and get some "quiet time" as well as "alone time". I told her that I would get her a phone like mine and pay for it so she could continue to talk to whoever she wanted to. Her phone is her only way of "seeing" anyone as she lost her van this summer because of her Parkinsins . This Supportive Care place encourages family time and allows anyone to spend the night with her. So naturally, when I take her new phone up to her, she wants me to spend the night. Well I already have a "bed will travel" so no problem there.

Today I go to the country to help mow. Have to do laundry and go get the new phone. Hope to have laundry done by noon, so guess I better get started.

Everyone have a great day.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
            boffler commented
            Editing a comment
            Jo you have a big heart made of gold, you are so thoughtful, loving and caring, can I be one of your relatives? I am so happy Aunt Mary is liking her new 'digs' I kind of thought she would...sounds like a really nice place and I hope her other 'kids and relatives' will visit her often...have 'bed' will travel it is...I am also glad it was you taking care of her needs...

Good Morning.

Janet, so sorry to hear you are still struggling.

I am running late - headed back to cancer center for another shot.

Will bb later. Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

Well, sunny right now but yesterday started out sunny and dry also...before the rain moved back in. We have to get the yard mowed and I am guessing the work on the new porch set to start next week will be put off. Every darn day it rains. I did run the vacuum and do a couple of loads of laundry, cooked supper. Today I need to grocery shop and must get the additional blood work done. The boys decided they want taco salad tonight. Not a favorite of mine but easy enough to make. My sister called and we, me for sure, are going there this weekend. It is suppose to be a dry but much cooler weekend. I would have liked a last float in the pool but not if it is going to be cold. Sierra doesn't think she will join us and that is fine with me. This Jekyll and Hyde thing she is doing is wearing thin. So it is September and that means hockey season starts soon. When baseball and hockey overlap in the spring and fall are wonderful times for me. Every night sports! Time to get a move on...lots of running to do today. Hope the sun gives us an entire day and lets things dry out. Buses were late again yesterday. Donna we are two weeks into school and the the bus schedule is still not running smoothly.

Comment

Jostoy, I echo exactly what Sharon said. You are such a great example. That phone will be such a blessing to your aunt. Sounds like a wonderful facility.
              My SIL just posted my brother is fine after a big explosion at a launch pad at Cape Canaveral. I am trying to get some news, but Good Morning America is just going on and on about politics...
              One early child this morning. His mom has a meeting in Sacramento so he had to be dropped off at 6:50! This three day weekend will be nice!
              Donna, what is the subject of Becca's paper? That is great that her professer asked her to publish it!
              Last night a friend brought over dinner to us! They had grilled brats, onions, peppers, and then made potato and macaroni salad and baked beans! Also, zucchini bread.
              So good! I am not even making excuses or feeling guilty about it...
              I changed all my calendars last night and all the posters. September has landed!
              Hope your month is starting off great!
              Maye, your " garden" made me smile, but your " owies", make me want to bake for you!
              JoG, Darla, and all dealing with the ups and downs of life: hope our good thoughts and prayers give you comfort.
              I will be back to read...

Comment

Good morning, everyone. Oh, boy, did I oversleep this morning. Got up at nearly 8a.
                Our weather has been in the low 90's. Fri thru Mon it'll be leaning on 100°, before it drops again, 🌵
                No particular plans for today. Our stepdaughter & her hubby from NM is coming in Saturday night, then they'll leave after lunch on Sunday. His mom died recently, she took time off to help him with the estate problems, and now has no vacation time from work, unfortunately. She crochets in her spare time (makes me think of Judy Garcia) and actually sells her stuff! Apparently she made a mermaid afghan for someone and is delivering it. I have the kit for the same thing, which I ordered a few months ago...I'm actually deciphering the instructions now. I enjoy crocheting, but I'm not a real whiz at it.

* Cookie, inquiring minds want...NEED...to know what Beccas paper is about! What an honor to have her professor show such an interest in it.
                * Beth, am glad to hear granny is doing so wel.
                * Sharon, you don't like tea? I like a weaker tea (less brewed) where I can see the bottom of my cup. People often say, "why bother?" But that's how I like it. Sometimes I like coffee, but not Starbucks...which is like charcoal to me. When in doubt, there's mocha, or mocha cappuccino.
                * Maye, so sorry you're still hurting.
                * Jostoy, you really do have a heart of gold.
                * Ladyebug, another shot? Hope all is going well with you both.
                * Maxie, the taco salad sounds good. Yesterday neither of us wanted to cook. So we ordered pizzas. We like pepperoni & pineapple. He likes pepperoni & anchovies, but they were out of anchovies. Half the time mine will be cheese and chopped tomato.
                * Paula, glad your brother is fine. I hadn't heard about the explosion.

I don't rework my calendars til Friday next week. I see my oncologist then. We are starting a new line of treatment. He is deciphering that bone marrow to see why it's quit producing blood cells. (Likely it was chemo interference.) but these two weeks will show what my marrow wil be back to producing. I've got some Ensure protein drinks to help with the bone buildup (or protecting what's there). I know, finally, that there is a new and better med out there, so I won't have to deal with the one that gave an extremely bad reaction years ago. He understands my fear of that one, and had never actually seen a case that was bad as mine, but it's in my records. Anyway. I'm hoping the new course of treatment is going to fix things all up. I have no idea yet if I'll have to finish the course of chemo or not. The cancer bit is gone. The only thing is now, that I have an appointment the following week to talk with a gastro surgeon, and that means they're looking to reverse this colostomy thing I'm dealing with. I so want to be rid of these pouches. But we want to get it scheduled to not interfere with our attending to GD's wedding in October----our part of the cruise has already been paid for, and refunds usually carry hefty penalties.

Well, I hope everyone has a really great day! ☀️
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Hello all -

No worries here. The storm should make landfall well East of us. If there has to be a storm, the West side is the best side to be on - less tornadoes!

All the hatches are battened and we are hunkering down. Depending on the sustained winds, the bridge that connects town to the beach may be closed in the morning and I may not be able to come to work. We are only expecting a LOT of rain and some wind, so we will be fine.

Just wanted to allay any worries about me and mine. We're GOOD.
                  The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

• Paula A
                    Paula A commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for letting us know! You know how we worry about you and yours! ❤️

• maxie
                    maxie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Saw the weather this morning and that the storm was going toward Tallahassee. That is good news for you. Do they close the schools as a precaution? Those storms can be unpredictable right? But you Floridians are a tough bred when it comes to tropical rains...guess like the Minnesotans handle snow better than we Illinoisans.

• cookielady
                    cookielady commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was worrying about you AND Nalani....haven't heard from her.
                Working...
                X