Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ August 29

Good Morning, Everyone.

Another hot day ahead here. Heading to church at 8:30 but first must make a cake - just one. That sounds laughable after reading what Donna does, I know.

Nothing newsy or newsworthy happening.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday.

Janet, hope you are improving. (((((Janet))))))

Morning to you all.

sorry Elaine, I see no improvement.. have not seen that the new med is doing anything at all.. neuronton .. recommended for shingles. however I am hurting just as bad this morning as I have felt for the last many days..I do take tylenol .. I read that it and the neuronton do not have any inter action .. but it isn't the greatest pain killer either.

just popped in to say hi.. .. today is Davids birthday and I'm think Daughter K is planning him a little celebration with the other kids.... she has soft couches to lay on ..

be good and enjoy good health.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning...Cori let me sleep until 8:00 this morning...unheard of...she was here at 4:00 but I ignored her and I think she is learning that if she leaves me alone she might get a little extra wet food or the shower turned on so she can have a good cold drink!

Bible Study this morning...cleaning and groceries this afternoon I think.

Comment

Good morning!
        Had a bit of trouble getting in this morning. I bet half the country is taking up cyberspace to make Labor Day plans. As for me, I don't care to go into labor again.
        Cake sounds good, Elaine. What kind?
        HAPPY BIRTHDAY to David, Maye. I'm sorry you aren't feeling better yet.

E wants to go out to breakfast today, or so he said last night. Fine with me. I'm wondering if he is thinking of shopping somewhere as well? Otherwise, not much in the way of plans for today. It'll be only in the low 90's here today. Had to pull the weather up on my iPhone, as the iPads are extremely slow in loading today.

Hope you all have a beautiful day. And (((((Maye)))))), get thee better!

Hi Beth...we were typing together, I guess. 😄
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! Another muggy one out there with lots of sunshine.

Yesterday was a busy one. Baked 18 pies. I thought I was all done and could get ready for my company coming for dinner, but Lew called at 2:30 saying he was out of pies. The pies I had made where too hot, so he passed on them. Kathy took Blaise for the day. I picked up PH pizza for our dinner and one for their lunch and then dropped him off. Her apt is kind of dark but I can see potential. Becca pulled in at the same time as me at the house. Got to meet her new kitty. She's all black. She was very friendly and roamed all around the house. Becca laid down to take a name and by golly she disappeared. We searched & searched & searched. There were tears. I was a tiny bit worried that she might have slipped outside. Mom & Sandy came and played cards for the evening with us, which was a good distraction. When they brought Blaise back, Kathy & Jimmy searched the house too.

This morning I was getting ready for church and I suddenly heard her collar bell jingling down in the basement. FOUND HER!!!! She's now closed in Blaise's bedroom until Becca leaves. Told Becca she should now to to church with us to praise & thank God, which she did. I've got my pies delivered and now have a cake & pie to make for later on. I need to do some paperwork and laundry somewhere along the line too.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning, just finished breakfast, had a BLT...I have been planning our menu for Saturday...so far a yes from everyone except said Mom in law and her hubby...think it is her hubby not her making the calls, good thing he isn't married to a person like me because I would be saying, "you go to TN, see you when you get back, BUT I am going to my sons house along with my other kids and grandkids to have a cookout". But that is just me, LOL...she called yesterday and said she still didn't know yet what they are doing...such a shame...Some women just need to get a backbone!!!!

Had a wonderful day yesterday, son and his SO came down, we had a great dinner, they went into town to see the Fostoria Glass Museum and the first Allen Motors car built here...we are greatly known for our Fostoria Glass of course the factory is no longer here...then we finished the evening with dessert and sitting outside on the porch...love living close enough for this to happen...

Today is cut down some walnut tree day, clear out the garden stuff that wasn't and get it ready for next year...

Maye, really feeling for you and the pain, I know for you to even mention it it has to be bad..anyone know of anyone else that had it what they took for the pain and discomfort that worked? Hope this does not last very long.

Elaine, JoG, Beth and all that have or will pass this way...have a great day...I plan on it....enjoying what God has put before our eyes and in our hearts...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              How interesting...I collected fostoria for years. It was our weekend thing to go to auctions and spend the day. My husband loved auctions and bid on some of the craziest things. I liked to people watch and, oh my, the creative ways people have to steal or stack the junk boxes with prize items. We just bought the pieces we liked and could afford but now I understand there is no market for it which is ok. Seeing some of the vases and candy dishes setting around remind of those summer days with him buying someone else's junk. No meaning to this comment just a memory you brought back.

I was going to post that I made a Coca Cola cake this morning, but it kind of Pales in thought of 18 (!) pies!!!
            Donna, I wish you would post a picture of those pies all out for cooling and I bet it would go viral on FB!
            My other big news ( for me) is I got a mower and then Mowed my own lawn! Emptied the grass catcher and feeling pretty good!
            Church and then going through paperwork that can't be shredded, yet. I bought some crates and remembered I have some bankers boxes, too, so tax and daycare info that needs storing will go in them and then to storage. I think if I put the year on each, easy to see, I can get rid of them as soon as they are 7 years old...licensing even requires me to keep old records of enrollment that long.
            A nice day today. I got all my laundry and the daycare blankets and pillowcases done. Yesterday, so only vacuum the daycare floor today.
            My son finally leased a house. It is a seller/ landlord's market and always five applicant's for each of the first two homes. Living in Japan for 14 years where everything is bought in cash, means No Credit Score in the U.S.! He had papers showing what he had bought and sold in Japan, what his company pays him, and still was not chosen twice. Finally, his agent got anither agent to sit down and listen as he explained it. And honestly, this third home is the best! ( although the pool makes me nervous, but there is a good cover for it ). I googled the address and Google had taken pictures in early Fall. The tree colors were just turning and so beautiful. Every phone call Spencer has mentioned all the trees, everywhere! Tokyo and Fujisawa were all businesses and homes with maybe a small ornamental tree...they are in for a wonderful surprise when everything's turning colors!
            Ok, enough from me.
            I just pray those shingles are in their way out!
            Happy Birthday to David!
            And to all of you, have a good day!

Comment

My sister called as I was getting on line so am pretty late. Before she finished my niece texted to say if we were eating she could come. I love having that girl so close after all these years. So you know what I did? Donna do not read this...I went out and bought a frozen cake! Yep I did..been wanting cake for so long and we all remember how we had that dumb stupid ice cream cake for Drew's party...gonna have me some cake this afternoon! Oh, and Jon did have some steaks unthawing already so we will grill. I have not cooked a decent anything in a while so guess the boy was getting hungry. My energy level is very low...I could probably do with some retail therapy. Buying that lawn mower sounds awesome Paula and we do need a new mower but I think I will pass that go into the shoe department. I have always liked buying shoes. Maye so sorry you are not getting any relief. i have not known anyone who has had shingles. Even the name is rather unpleasant. It has been a sunny humid morning. last night we had a line of showers train over us for hours. Steady rain and constant thunder rumbled on and on and on. Hoping for a better evening today. Scattered rain predicted until mid week and we never seem to miss a scattered shower here. Happy Sunday to everyone...we are grilling steak and eating cake!!

Comment

• cookielady
                cookielady commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh Maxie...my FAVORITE frozen cake is Pettridge Farm white cake with coconut. Baking is my job, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy other peoples' efforts. Give me a Little Debbie oatmeal cream cookie any day! LOL!
            Working...
            X