Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday Aug 9

Good morning ..

up early... went to bed early , planning on reading .and went to sleep. yippee.

planning on going to Donna's to make "grease" balls( 1 cup each)...for her baking needs.. and we talk a little too.
    will hope David behaves while i'm away... no guarantee he will tho'...

yesterday was a ho-hum, get the laundry done kind of day.. but that was nice... I like peace and quiet too.

The coffee is here Sassygirl.. do you find any donuts?.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Good Morning....a beautiful one it is for sure, love being able to open doors and windows...got some laundry done yesterday, will finish today...went to the dentist and got the filling replaced...amazing how much going to a dentist cost these days...they know exactly what the insurance will cover and they go for the max...I hate being numb, my nose felt like it was dripping all evening.

Today hoping to get my floors steamed cleaned...they are in need...but first I think I am going to go through my cabinets and clean them out and dust them also...even though they have doors I have been seeing dust on the ledges so I won't rest until they are cleaned and also need to check dates on things.

My computer desk and file drawer is also in need of decluttering so I always have plenty to keep me busy...

Starting to see the darkness settling in earlier and earlier each day, the one thing I dread most about fall and winter, all the hours of darkness...of well, at least I can enjoy it and life...thankful.

My daughter says not to cancel the trip to Disney just yet, she will be checking at the new school district to see what their policy is on unexcused absences...I told her we need to know pretty soon or we will lose even more money if we have to cancel, have a certain date to do that by..

Well time to get this day started before I get to lazy, finish my cup of coffee and read the newspapers...

I will leave the plate of cinnabons on the table...help yourself.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning! I start my new job today! Am I excited not yet...am I awake not yet! Cori had me up at 3:00 and 4:00 then I got hot...I am greatful to have a job though and it feels so strange to not be preparing to volunteer today...I am going to miss those individuals so much!! I will get back to volunteering 1 day a week as soon as I feel like I can add it back in..

Comment

Good Morning!

Yesterday was too busy & exhausting. Then I did a stupid thing last night...forgot to take my last shot. Level was over the top this morning.

Yesterday I did 5 loads of laundry btw baking. First thing was making 10 loaves of bread for an order. He was thrilled to death...LOL! He also took a pie & cookie list and ask for 2 more copies for his mom & sister. Then it was onto doing up 3 crates of peaches and making them into pie filling. I think I made enough for 24 pies. Dinner, then onto rolling out & making 12 pies for today. I wasn't finished until 8:30pm. I called a customer of mine who use to work in a bakery and ask if I could hire her to help me, and she'll start next week. I need help.

​This morning I'll deliver today's order of pies then come home and start mixing up pie dough for this week's worth of pies. I'll do that while Aunt J scoops lard. I hope to get some crusts rolled too before starting to bake tomorrow's pies. Once you have the fillings made, things go quick, and if you have the crusts pre-rolled, things go really quick.

Time to get busy.....have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning!
          By the looks of our block fence, there were some overnight showers. We should have thunderstorms this afternoon (through Thursday), and have flash flood warnings until late tomorrow night. Temp will get to only 91° today. So far it's a very gray morning out here.

Nothing on today's agenda except filling my pill containers. Tomorrow I start chemo again. Tomorrow I need that doc to write my prescription for a blood thinner. Insurance has been letting us down for months, but my last discount was at the last time it was filled. I'll have just a few days' worth left, so I'm feeling edgy about it right now.

Maye, the coffee smells good!
          Sharon, wow, cinnabons! Thanks. Hope your sis works things out so the Disney fête will stay on track.
          Beth, good luck on your new job.
          Donna, do you feel "over blessed"? Pace yourself. Take a break now and then.

And Hi to those who were typing along with me, and those who follow.
          Have a great day.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, Nothing new here. Trying to decide what in the way of dishes that I want to keep and what to get rid of. I have a bunch of old, guess they call it vintage pyrex. I hate to get rid of it since I prefer to use it over the new stuff that is out. Also looking at the cast iron skillets, will keep a couple of those along with my chicken fryer (very deep skillet type thing) Also plan on keeping the 2 sauce pans since I have never ever seen any of them before. They are nice when you don't want to or don't have a lot of things like beans or green beans and potatoes to cook. Those are things that just seem better when cooked slow in cast iron, or maybe it does because Granny and Mom only used the cast iron to cook them.

Talked to Charlotte and if she can get her hubby into respite care for a week she will ride along with the girls to be extra hands. She has decided to see if her son-in-law is working that day and if not if he will ride along for extra muscle.

Well guess I will get off here and head back to trying to figure things out. Trying to pin Kenny down as to what dishes he wants, he will say a couple of bowls, okay which bowls? Do you want a couple of the big plates like you use or some of the smaller plates that you have just started using? Guess he decided after months of me asking him "Why are you using that huge plate if the only thing you are eating is a sandwich?"

Comment

Good afternoon everyone..

I am sorry am late..
              I did some early shopping..We are out of everything..An put it away..That took time..

It will be spotty shower to day..
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayebarnes View Post
                Good morning ..

up early... went to bed early , planning on reading .and went to sleep. yippee.

planning on going to Donna's to make "grease" balls( 1 cup each)...for her baking needs.. and we talk a little too.
                will hope David behaves while i'm away... no guarantee he will tho'...

yesterday was a ho-hum, get the laundry done kind of day.. but that was nice... I like peace and quiet too.

The coffee is here Sassygirl.. do you find any donuts?.
                I havs dozen donuts..I have different kind...I have bear paw for you...Maye...

One for you and one for me...

Comment

Darla, there is a big following and intere$t in vintage Pyrex. If he says 2, just put out 2. If he needs a big plate sometime, it will work as well as when he only eats a sandwich.
                  Noisy, fussy morning. This baby is 9 months old and hasn't got in one tooth, but working on them!
                  Our temperatures are back up...but the pool is gorgeous and the school kids love it!
                  My DIL has had a migraine for 2 days. Spencer just texted me asking what should he get for her...Japanse medicine and herbs has always worked. She just doesn't have any. I think if stress is any cause, she has sure had a ton with the move, etc.
                  Take care, all of you!

Comment

Well, hey, our "afternoon showers" woke up early. We've been getting rain since 8 a.m. Nice! 😊
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

No rain this morning or afternoon, whatever time of day it is, for us. Sun is shining and I think temps are cool or cooler than normal. Nothing planned for the day. Jon did not get his stitches out yesterday and has to go back Friday. He is worried he may have to use his December week of vacation as sick leave. Oh well, a week off in December would be nice but health is most important...I guess. There is a glitch with the movers so my sister and I are not going to St.Louis Wednesday. That leaves me free for lunch with the school chums...unless I can come up with another excuse. I just dread these lunches! even though I do need a trip home to bank. Need a haircut but evidently my girl is taking a few days off before school. Like I said nothing planned for today and no news from here.

Comment

Aloha and Aloha (Hi and by) Off to the eye doctor then lunch with Patty and Walt.

Comment

Working...
                        X