Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ August 4

Good Morning, Friends.

Another hot and dry day down here. It is difficult to find a blade of green grass anywhere.

No news. Same old same old.

Wish I knew how to help jostoy, but I have no clue. Hope someone gets it ironed out.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Terrific thunderstorms rolled through last night about 1am - I got up and stood in the doorway and watched the light show for about 15 mins. Not much sleep happened here.

Today is my 2nd anniversary at my job. Can't say enough good about it - other than dealing with some moronic tourists and one evil board member, I really love it.

I don't know how to help Jostoy either - maybe someone could email Scott? Or post something on the Rounders Facebook page?

I'm off to get some chores done. Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats on 2 yrs. glad you love your job...I sure wish we would get some of those storms...

Good Morning!

Yesterday was good but tiring. Blaise got 2 out 5 cavities filled & we have to go back in 3 weeks for the other 3 fillings...hopefully. One's on the bottom and two are on the top. We'll see. We got out of there in time to deliver the pies right on time to the stand. While there Lew gave me 3 crates (1 1/2 bushel) of super ripe peaches. I came home and started working on those slowly but surely. It took me almost all day. I think I made enough filling for at least 20 pies. Pies didn't sell well yesterday, so I ended up not baking any for them today. Thank goodness. After dinner Blaise & I went for a very refreshing swim. Came up and made a moke periogi dish in the crockpot for a friend's order today. Finally got to sit down around 9pm.

This morning we are going down to the bakery supply warehouse to get some needed items...50lbs of corn starch, 50lbs of lard, 30lbs of froze strawberries, and 10lbs of coconut. I looked back on my records and I bought the last 50lbs of starch Aug 8th last year. Unbelievable that I went through that much making pies. Come home and start baking. Becca is coming home this evening after work if it's not too late. Last night she didn't get out of work until almost 9:45pm.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Need to get Blaise one of those battery powered toothbrushes and see if that helps...a lot of cavities for his young age...kids don't always do a good job brushing...

Good morning...I didn't want to get up and going this morning...Cori didn't wake until almost 6 for wet food...then I crawled back into bed for a bit more sleep and she came back to bed with me...wanted me to sit there and love on her She has now moved on and I am getting ready to go volunteer...

I have a job interview at 1:00 today...I am so hoping that I get this job!! It would pricing and sorting at a store like goodwill or salvation army only more name brand stuff. Its on the bus route and the guy seemed to be really nice and pretty interested in hiring me...its on the bus route so it wouldn't be quiet so expensive to get there..and actually closer than the dollar general was.

Yesterday I went with friends to see Secret Life of Pets and we went out to lunch...the theater we went to was a bit expensive but huge...with leather heated recliners and each recliner had its own table...and for some movies you can order your food from your seat during the movie and they will deliver to you...

I will come back and let you all know how my interview went this afternoon.

Comment

• determined
      determined commented
      Editing a comment
      Good Luck Beth.

Good Morning, have an appointment at the pain Dr. this morning. I hope I see him and not his NP. I'm going to ask him to put my script back up to that I can have 4 a day so I will have an extra month on those. I'm pretty sure he will, he knows by now that I'm not addicted and that I'm very careful about them, and he also knows that I'm not out here selling my "extra" pills since I've expressed more than once that I would like to slap the addicts and the ones who sell their pills to them for making the restrictions so tight on them that people who really need them find it hard to get them. Then I think tomorrow is my regular Dr. and then Sat I have to see the SSI Dr. since they don't think that Dr.s that see me every month know what they are talking about. Sheryle's husband went through Mayo Clinic then when he applied they made him go to their Dr. even with all the records from there.

Talked to my sister yesterday to get somethings figured out. My 2 nieces will be coming for me, had to make sure that the one could drive the bigger truck. I had forgotten that when she got out of high school that she traveled with the carnny during the summers to make $$ for her collage. The people who own it lived in the same small town (in fact right across the street from my sister) and she grew up around them, and they offered her the job. After the first year they had her driving the trucks pulling the rides, so she has no problem with the bigger trucks and since it is all one piece she won't have a problem, the ones she drove were bigger trucks pulling trailers. The other niece doesn't like to drive big things, she has always had smaller cars and is uncomfortable driving even a larger SUV. I had mentioned that if one of the guys weren't working maybe they could come for extra muscle and was told that the girls can handle it. Savanah is a lot like me in my younger days, I just pray that she doesn't mess up her back the way I did.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Darla the drug selling has made it rougher on those that truly need the pain meds and it seems no matter what the ones that are less than honest still find a way...

Good luck getting things all figured out, you are a strong to getting kind of woman, I am sure you will get it done...Some women are truck drivers and can do the heavy lifting...

Good morning.
    By the dark color of the fence, we've had some overnight showers. Scattered showers possible today. It has been a few rather dreary-looking days here, but it gives the trees a break from the scorching sun. Temps are staying in the low-mid 90's into next week, then more rain forecasted. This is our Monsoon rains, I guess.

E has a medical appointment today, but I can stay home. Tomorrow is my haircut appointment...overdue.
    I have some mail to get out today.

I did get a reply and appointment from my PCP yesterday. I take it he's probably the ONLY doctor who puts any value in the MyChart patients' comments. That's handy since most doctors won't take phone messages before 5 p.m., if then.
    Since my head Oncologist seems to still be a jerk at heart he has yet to reply to my 2-wk old question.......still, I don't want to get on his wrong side as did our niece (I may be getting repercussions from her experience). I will be seeing the other Oncologist next Wednesday. Hope to hear about a new prescription before that...we'll be cutting it close. I think I had nightmares about this last night, and am glad I don't remember my dreams any more.

That's about all my news. Our humidity is in the high 80's lately......so glad to have that moisture!
    Pat, my DD who used to be a Floridian is still a board member for the apartment she has there. She has to be there this weekend for a meeting. The bigwigs in the committee didn't reveal yet that they incorporated other apartments. DD reads the laws in her spare time, and they are in for an unpleasant surprise --- those guys broke some law. I'm amazed that she gets all the information that she does from here. Am anxious to hear the outcome of their meeting. She also goes around and checks for needed repairs and resurfacing, which they attempt to cover up, and sees that it gets done. And keeps notes. She laughed and said they'd probably like to remove her from the committee. She's been keeping them honest for over 20 years now.

I think I'll make potato crepes today.....far better than potato pancakes which can pass for hash browns. The Polish restaurants haven figured it out yet. Wonder what to put with it? Chicken, maybe? Wish I had sauerkraut. Maybe E can pick some up.

Have a good day, everyone.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, I am up making a few goodies for brunch, have a friend coming over to visit that I have not seen in 5 months, so looking forward to the visit...keuring is on and ready. Not much else planned, a cousin texted and wanted to come over with her hubby and two boys to swim, had to say no, hubby is in the process of staining the deck, don't want to take a chance of messing things up, besides, then have never ever been here before, LOL...Also today need to shop for ingredients for an overnight breakfast casserole, tomorrow is treat day at work for the hubby, and everyone always brings tons of sweets, I did make cream cheese coffee cake and will send that also...okay time to get the monkey bread flipped over on the plate...have a great day one and all...

A great saying this morning, Put some gratitude in your attitude...always find something to be grateful for...
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Scott posted a thingy by Prince (the singer) breaking down the meaning of Row Row Row Your Boat...that is also a nice thing to remember about life...but I do like yours boffler. Sun this morning...I think it is the first sunny morning this week! Heard from my niece and her villa will be ready August 10 and with Friday of this week being her last day of work she will be coming to St. Louis in just a few days. Also heard from my sister and she misses me and our morning coffee around the pool....if I could load the boy up and take off for a few days I would go back. He has been such a good little patient...takes the steps pretty good and is back rummaging in the fridge...and I thought I could get him back on a diet. Closest I have come is sugar free jello! Think today I will run the vacuum and maybe dust but don't want to make to many plans with my energy level still re-cooping from vacation. Determined, I will mention the sinker to Jon, we got this patch under control quickly. When he was young the kids would hunt golf balls and by the time he made it back to the pool he was welting. He sprays around here all the time....country living...bah!!!!!!! The strangest thing happened with our blue birds. They disappeared and when we took the lid off the house to see if there any evidence of why the nest was clean. I mean no bird droppings or any sign that they had been in there. We saw the eggs, we heard the peeping, we saw mom and dad bird bring food. We KNOW there were birds in that darn box but all we found was a sparkling clean nest! It is some mystery like the Jamestown Colony or something. More signs that country living is not healthy ...messes with your physicy. Well, I am off to check face book and email, have another cup of coffee. Not in any hurry to start the day. I don't know why my energy level is so low...post vacation blues maybe.

Comment

What a good morning it is here! A few degrees cooler really makes a difference.
          Two daycare moms had early meetings so three kids came early, but no problem. One single parent mom has to be in Sacramento all day ( she is a social worker) and the other has to set up and help run a school food show today. She is #2 in our district with the nutrition department. She will have a shorter day so that totally works for me!
          I stopped my lawn service this month. I am going to channel Jostoy and Pat and see if I can get this done on my own. I am going to look at electric mowers ( with two big batteries) and buy one of them. No long cords needed, although, I have that. I have too hard a time pulling a cord with my damaged shoulder. And I changed my pool service. The other one didn't show up for weeks. When I called, the office said they would look into it ( no mention of illness) then when he did come, his paper had his work time way off. I noted when he came and left. So, I called my friend's pool service and talked to him and we both agreed he would take over.
          Cleaning ceiling fans and the garland over my sliding doors are my one goal to try and do during any quiet breaks in daycare. When the baby gets picked up early I will for sure be able to...
          Hope you all stay safe and comfortable.
          Beth, just show that positive attitude and you will do great!

Comment

Aloha all!

Willl have to find out what is the matter with Jostoy.

Comment

good afternoon...

had an almost sleepless night.... the brain won't shut down in the dark... I did get to stay in bed until 7 tho'.. David immediately announced he wanted to go to one our local groc. stores.. had a super sale on Klondike bars.. he is addicted to them.. ...since I am the driver , and prefer it that way,,, off we went.. got home put away stuff. made a real cooked lunch.. ( instead of a sandwich)... and before you know it. the day is almost evening . the bathroom got cleaned... but the living room did not... good thing there is a tomorrow. ..

Paula. YOU are as busy as Jostoy and Pat already!.. but now mowing your own grass can be done ON YOUR schedule... and thats nice. please remember , another inch or two won't hurt the yard if you run out of time to get it done..... the lady across from us. a widow..who works a nightshift job.. gets her yard done when she can.. sometimes looks like a hay field.... ....but it's her Yard.. and sure doesn't bother me... my neighbor to the left gets upset looking at it.. the idiot,,, he should try working night shift..

Maxie,,,, so I want Blue Birds to nest here.. they keep house!.. have never had them nest near the house.
              Darla,, Safe trip ... hope all goes well with your move.
              JoG..makes you wonder why they even keep records.. and then make you repeat and repeat them... I made out a "history" for David (and I)... print it off when visiting new doctor... just hand it over... they clip it to their papers... one Dr. was really thankful and he could scan all ,ask questions. in record time.. I imagine your history would fill about 10-12 pages , back and front.
              Donna, next week we do more grease balls.. more chatting time for us... yea
              Hi to Pat, Elaine, SassyG. Bethina.. Nalani and all who are here . and have been here ...

see you later

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Maye, too bad the next door guy doesn't decide to do a good turn and mow her lawn. I didn't know for a long time that my son does that for an elderly couple down the street from his house. One time I called and my grandson said he was mowing the neighbor's yard. My grandfather used to mow their widowed friend's yard...
                I figure if the front looks good, that is what matters most.
                I love those It's It cookie ice cream sandwiches! Tell David if your store sells them and he likes oatmeal cookies to try them.

Comment

Yeah, Maye, my medical history would be that long....at least that long. Around "9-11" I had at least 4 whopping thick folders. They "retired" some. Then the warehouse burned down. Now what's left, including word-of-mouth inputs (Ellis has a great memory for it.) it's all on the computers.
                  Any doctor I see, anywhere and anytime, can go to MyChart and bring up my medical history, medications, tests, etc.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                  X