Sunday ~ Last Day of July 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ Last Day of July 2016

Won't be sad to see this month go. Super hot and dry.

Had to make a salad for church and do all the other yada yada, so will fly through and check on you all later.

Hugs ~

Good morning...I am having a hard time getting going this morning...I cut up a huge seedless water melon yesterday...ended up with 3 1 gallon zip lock bags full..will take it with me to Bible Study for the lunch afterwards...looking forward to the lunch today..it should be pretty good...

No plans except Bible Study....with the exception of a Bike ride...and a load of laundry...

Comment

Mornin' nothing to talk about. Just checking in.

Comment

Yesterday was a roller coaster of emotions.
        Stuart and his family left, Spencer and his family were flying through the night, then arrived and got to their rental house.
        All the good byes in person and on Facebook!!!
        Church and a pot luck afterward. Then trying to get my mind back into gear for the week ahead!
        Have a good day!

Comment

Good Morning....had plans for the day but they got cancelled, so I am dusting the house instead...later I will go to the store, and then get in the pool for a bit.
          Our son invited Dad to come up and go fishing so they will be gone for the day, was supposed to go and spend day with his SO but she was not feeling well yesterday nor today, so I took a pass...I might go do some shopping myself.
          Supposed to be in for another hot, humid day...it is so, so dry, we really need rain, others around us have gotten it, but it always seems to split off and miss us.
          Had a friend from years ago pass away from cancer at the age of 63, will be doing a visitation this week...so, so sad..
          Got some round steak out to put in the oven later today, slow and steady heat...with lots of veggies around it..
          Well not much else happening here either, just another day alone, LOL...like all the others, but soon after December that will change...will take some getting use to I am sure..
          Have a great day one and all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

No plans for here today either. Must get a shopping list together because the pantry is bare! So good to be back in my own bed and then I was up half the night because I could not sleep...go figure. I think there is an afternoon ball game so might entertain myself with that. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone...

Comment

Good morning.
              Yesterday was so busy with the one family of the day. I guess when ever we get together there, we will also be seeing the Russian I laws (they are nice but that's 5 more people). I hadn't expected that. Plus the mastiff puppy. For a 4-month old dog, it's the size of many full-grown dogs. He has the run of the house. He's often in your face (I don't think it's adorable), as does GD and her fiancé. Emily is tall for her age, and the dog can knock her down and lay on her, and she is buried beneath him, leaving her screaming for help til someone removes him. Normally, she likes dogs, Labrador and shorter is what she's used to. I told GD that I've developed allergies to dogs and cats, so she tried keeping him away. But the pup is all over the place, licking everyone and everything. Finally everyone except my DD, E and I were in the pool.
              But GD & her fiancé have a beautiful home.

Since Friday's storm warnings, it's been really muggy here. My hair looks like a dust bunny reunion. It turns out, according to DD, that a Haboobs (dust storm) did go through S Phoenix that evening, ending with rain that clears the air. Friday was also the highest and lowest temps of July for Phx....from 112° dropping to 77°. It'll be a cooler day here. Both Phx and Tucson begin some monsoon rains for a few days, if the forecasts are accurate.

Today we meet the 3rd DD for lunch with her girls. She picked a smal Italian restaurant, but they're really, really good. Then we'll just sit and veg out and talk in our hotel room.
              Mostly a blessedly veg-out lazy day for us.

E & I are signed up for a lecture all about diabetes 2 in mid-August. It's never been adequately explained to me. I hear "no more sugar", and I hear Donna sometimes needing sugar....it's confusing. And now I have it. As well as being anemic. On top of everything else I'm currently dealing with. Ain't life grand? Ain't always, is it! DD ran off a list of fruits I should be avoiding. All my favorites, of course. *sigh*. She didn't even mention other goodies, and I'm having a cupcake for breakfast, til we go downstairs and get what passes for food in hotels. They had sliced sausage and scrambled eggs yesterday. They tasted the same. It's Mystery Food!!! 😂 Oh, and in my defense, E has a hidden bag of my favorite candy bars, and keeps one in the fridge for when I want it. Well, they can sit there for 2-3 weeks and I never touch them. When he complains, I pretend I didn't notice, and he brings me one. I eat half of the dark chocolate kit kat in might finish it in another day or two. E tries so hard to please me, and I just can't hurt his feelings.

I think I'll be glad to be home tomorrow. Never did hear from my doctor about an answer to blood stats and diabetes.
              So I need to make that appointment with my PCP, hopefully just AFTER I talk with the more reliable oncologist. I might also be asking for a particular nurse to explain a bit of the A1C to me and how my numbers jump around.

My little world has really shrunk since the year began and this medical stuff began. I need to do something with my life.

To all, have a great life today❣
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• determined
                determined commented
                Editing a comment
                JoGee, it isn't just sugar that will cause your BS to go up. Starchy foods (carbs) turn into sugar in your system. I have come across so many people who don't know that. also have to remember that corn and peas are not considered veggies but are considered starch. I think now they refer to carbs but when I was first learning for my Dad, back in the 70's it was refered to as "starch". Also Dad's doctor was diabetic himself and he said not to deny yourself something that you really want or are craving, if you are craving a cookie eat a cookie, if you deny yourself for long you will break down and end up eating the whole bag. Quite truthfully I don't know if they really have a handle on things themselves. I can eat the exact same thing on 2 different days and one day it will make my sugar run high and the other my sugar will be low.

Good Morning, have no idea what I'm doing today. Can't start something where I will get hot and sweaty because he may decide that we need to go somewhere, and heaven forbid if I say "I need to jump in the shower."

Boffler, the problem with saving money is you have to have it to save. My world has always been to decided if I NEED something or if I just WANT it. So I will look at something and weigh in my mind if I really need it or if I had best save that money for something needed down the line. My kids often laughed about how I could make a penny scream (unless it was something a child wanted within reason. ) The problem is that Kenny usually knows how much $$ I have in my purse better than I do, heck he even has an idea about how much I have in coins. I have tried to get him to just give me an amount each month for "household" stuff, toilet paper, laundry soap, dish soap etc. but that doesn't work in his world.

Comment

• boffler
                boffler commented
                Editing a comment
                Darla I could never live under those conditions, but I understand to each his own...my Mom was also great at saving and making money scream, the best one was her bringing the oil filter inside off of her car and washing it in Dawn dish detergent, we laughed but she said she did it all the time,,,save alum. foil, washed and reused, so many other things...wasteful she was not...I buy way to much because I WANT it, but far from NEEDING it...

Thanks, Darla. I need to get a plastic sheet for my fridge door that lists the glycemic index of foods, too.
              I think I may have to dig out my South Beach diet books....it seems to have the closest to what I'll be needing, ass it has glycemic index reference pages.
              Trouble is, everybody is different, and reacts differently to things. It'll be hit and miss for a start, I'm sure. I think I'm much calmer than my doctor (PCP) about it. 😊
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hey all! We had a wonderful amount of rain yesterday. Late afternoon the sun finally came out.

Yesterday was productive sort of. I iced all the sugar cookies and rolled out all the pie dough I had made & chilling. They are now all in freezers. Kathy & Jimmy took Blaise out for lunch & then later took him to see some fireworks.

Big news....Kathy has an interview at Giant Eagle and they told her they'd probably have her start working immediately. WHEW! I had to loan her $30 to purchase her uniforms, but that's worth it.
                Well it doesn't look like Becca's co-wrkr is going to share an apt with her, so now she's looking for 1 bdrm apt and she's very discouraged. She's made phone calls, but the places don't call back.

This morning was church & SS. We stopped at the flea mkt on the way home. Not sure what I'll get into today. Need to pop over to Aunt J's to get Karen's check to pay for her Norwex order. There is always laundry & paperwork to do. Maybe I'll just read.

Jo...I can eat the same thing one day & my level is fine and the next day the same thing shoots my level sky high. Today is a bottoming out day. Go figure. The other day I couldn't get it under 300.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Cookie, that's the kind of thing I'm afraid of. There MUST be some control, somehow.
                  I would love to get info from my nephew who was born diabetic. For the meds he was suppossed to be on, his mother never bothered with it. When he reached his teens, he got in an accident driving my brother's truck, which he "borrowed without permission" as boys often do. Seemingly. Turns it it was a diabetic thing causing him to crash and pass out (or vice versa?). My mom then often supplied him with $$$ for meds, which he got real cheap in Canada. He doesn't take the meds regular, but has a certain "feeling" when he needs them. Works for him. I want to understand THAT. But he's not close to family at all. IF he visits his Dad, my bro', it's always with his hand out.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• cookielady
                    cookielady commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The only "feeling" I get is when I'm bottoming out. Super lightheaded and if at night, I sweat terribly & it stinks....why that doesn't happen when I'm up & about, I don't know.

Donna, I think it has something to do with the insulin (if you are on one that you only take at night). I don't know what it is but I know that I bottom at night (early morning) I no longer take the # of units the Dr wants me to cause it was happening way to often. I wish I could get him to give me a sliding scale for the mealtime insulin, I think it would help a lot more.

Comment

• cookielady
                    cookielady commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I take 3 shots a day.....1 in the AM, 1 at dinner time depending on my level (type R), and then another at night (type N)

Thanks, Cookie. I'll keep it in mind.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Don't they also have a pill treatment now, Donna?
                    Believe it or not, I am unable to give myself a shot. I've tried with another blood thinning medication.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                    X