Wednesday and where is everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday and where is everyone?

Good morning, I looked around and didn't see a good morning post, but by the time I finish this there might be.
    Had my Drs. appt. yesterday, he started mentioning this test, that test, another one in three months, etc., etc., told him I had had enough test, see you in a year unless I need you, he laughed and agreed...all the things they thought they had seen on other test that sent me for more test and other Drs. came out to be NOTHING!! So unless I think I need them, not happening..
    I will however go to my 2 yrs. checkup for the surgery I had.
    Got all the laundry caught up yesterday, ended the day with hubby not being able to find his keys to the pole barn and tractor!! He does this all the time, you would think that after losing keys he would be more aware of what he does with them, but NO!! We searched the yard, his truck, any place he had been no keys, well this morning I found them, they were inside the rubber gasket of my washer, I always pull the rubber back and dry it out after doing laundry and there they were...tomorrow is his birthday and I plan on finding one of those key things attached to a pull out string he can put them on...hope I can find one.
    Today I really need to look in the freezer and see what meats are in there and plan menus around using it up..
    I also plan on spending some relaxing time in the swimming pool...
    So to all of you I say I hope things are great in your world, and that healing is going on for those that are less than healthy right now..
    Much love heading your way today...Have a good one.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning rise and shine..

It will be spotty showers to day..

I got up early this morning..Made supper..Homemade meatloaf

One my good friends gave me three bag of vegetable..This morning did alot of chopping..And put into freezer..

What a day..lol..
    this pic..That would my cats would do..lol..

Comment

• determined
      determined commented
      Editing a comment
      Good Morning, nothing new here,
      Beth do you have a printer? if so google cat food coupons and see if they have any for the brand you want. Also you may want to check at the dollar stores and the grocery store for it, most of the time it is a lot cheaper there than at a regular pet store. Thankfully my cats both prefer the generic from either Aldi's or Ruler

Sassy my cats wouldn't do that since they both know that the counters are off limits, when they were kittens and tried jumping up on them they would get swatted and they learned pretty quick.

Well everyone have a great day.

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Determined,Mine too..They see me coming..They jump right off..they know..lol..

lol..We both did it at the same time..

Comment

Good Morning.

LOL. sassy, love the pic.

Well, no news here. Stay-at-home day. May get industrious and wash a curtain or two. May not.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ladybug,,AWW..Thank-you...

Good morning...Cori is the best kitty...she let her mom sleep until 8 after waiting to ask for food for until 630!!! The secret was she got out of my room in the night when I got up to go to the bathroom...I found her in the window upstairs at 630. She is currently telling me all about it and I am headed up stairs to load the dishwasher and put some other stuff away. While I think about what I want to wear today and what errands I need to run while my parents are in town today..only things I can think about are the pet store for kitty food and walgreens for meds and a couple other things.

Dad and I will have my 11 year old niece while my sister and mom go to a cooking class..My mother's birthday gift from my sister...we are taking her to Mcdonald's for lunch and we may come home and play with cori or just hang out.

Comment

Morning Boffler, I don't have one with a pull out string but I have 2 clips that I put on my purse for my keys. One has the keys to the trucks, garage, and bedroom, the other one has just my house keys, I always clip them back on my purse so they aren't lost.

Comment

Good morning! Are there two threads started today?
          I am enjoying this week off. Getting up at the same time, but no rush to get into the daycare.
          We are going to the lake today ( Whiskeytown). I thought it would be less crowded on a week day. Now we are in a week of very high and climbing higher temps, so we will see how many others decide to go up midweek. Shasta lake is always crowded because of houseboats and such, but the water is warmer and I prefer Whiskeytown. Lots of family and friend memories there.
          Stuart and family arrived around 5:30 and Derek immediately found the daycare and All the different toys. (" Nana, did you take my car?" As he held up a Disney car like one he has at home. With a little bit of a perturbed 3 year old look on his face.). Owen was telling my mom about how the hotel had no games to rent so Becky just went and got our Wi games down and turned on...and the 10 year old just grinned from ear to ear!
          Rylie filled me in on every friend of hers, her week at camp and soccer team, and the talking was non- stop around the table! We had make your own nachos bar with the chocolate peanut butter roll cake that Becky had made a while back. So good!
          I put a pork butt in the crockpot ( after going One more time to the store last night at 8:00p, for liquid smoke) to be cooked up for pulled pork today when we get home. I put it on for 10 hours and that gives me time to shred it and have it ready in the frig when we get home. Taking our lunch up there to eat...
          I have to get water changed and do my treadmill time. Some things don't go on vacation!
          Garbage trucks just came so now out to bring in the ugly container!
          Be back to read more later!
          Stay cool and hydrated!

Comment

🎶 Good morning, everyone! ☕️

Absolutely nothing on today's agenda. Except E wants to run to the grocery store.
            Our niece, a local nurse, is seeing the same doctor for her heart/breathing problems, as I had when I first was assigned to him when my previous oncologist/hematologist left. He always made me feel shamed, and insignificant......until I began bringing E to my appointments. Yesterday our niece drove 45 minutes to get to the Cancer Center, waited 1-1/2 hours in the exam room, gave her a 2 minute exam and left. He was late because he was teaching and then doing something else.
            She did report him to the person who collects that type of data, who was a friend of niece's also, and said his priority is the Clinic!!! Well, I'm glad to have that woman's name on my list now. The clinic gave her a ticket for a free meal for having to deal with that....she said that cafe food was really horrible, and she couldn't eat it. Then the 45 min drive back home. I hope her friend gets everything straightened out for her. It goes to show, the leopard does NOT change his spots!

On another note, we have 80° out right now, going to only 100°, and still a 20% chance of rain.
            Last night about 9 p.m. we had thunder for quite some time. I finally opened the front door, and got the smell of rain falling on the ever-present dust. Love the smell! The rain seemed to be a gentle one of big fat drops. I don't know how long it lasted, but I fell asleep quite happy. Got a big one coming in while we are in Phx this weekend. Hope it's for real! 🌵

Sassy, I really love that pic!
            Beth, glad you're enjoying your new kitten. Sounds like she is settling in.
            Elaine, I think I'll follow your lead today. Don't know what I'll do, if anything.
            Hi Darla , Paula, and those who follow.

Maybe I'll have another cuppa tea.

To all, have a great day.
            🤗
            Okay, this is my second try to post. Why am I "not authorized to post here" ??? That's what the pop up said.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good mid -morning ..

I have finally got here ... merged the posts... the earliest in time gets the post.. in case you were wondering ..

only going to 80s today.,, if the humidity is not too high ,I will be Deck sitting a lot .. I do like SUMMER

biggest plan for my day ,,,,Karen is bringing Bethany gown she will be wearing for the final competition to be Miss Saxonburg.. this is a big deal
              around here.. we have had a Carnival in Saxonburg forever . big parade Thursday night ..fire companies. band. marching units. etc etc.. The gown Karen found for her. is lovely. but cut a weeee bit too low for a sweet 16 yr old.. so she wants to add a bit of something to the middle.. to keep her modest... probably added by hand. have not seen gown or mat'l.. but that is this afternoon plans..

Sharon . Good for you.. comes a time when you get tired of Dr DR DR.. but don't ignore any new symptoms ...( have to add that nag )

Hi SassyG... since you came on 4 min after Boff. you got merged to her.. ok?.. everywhere I keep reading about meatloaf..... must get out some hamburger and make some for me....

Hi Paula. enjoy the day away from the kids!.
              Hi Elaine.
              has Nalani been here?>.

Hi Justy

and I will be back to check out what YOU Have to say.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                sassygirl01 commented
                Editing a comment
                Maye,It is"OK"..OH..UH..lol..Sound good...(YUMMY)..

Good Morning! I popped in a couple times before leaving this morning & nobody had started the thread.

Yesterday was good but not super productive. I went to Aldi's first thing after dropping off Blaise at VBS. Made a few phone calls before leaving to pick him back up. I spent the first part of the afternoon mixing up 9 batches of pie dough. Getting prepared for the start of the farmers stand. We then down swimming for a while. The water is perfect. I had put a whole chicken in the crock pot, so made a bunch of sides to go along with it, and that was dinner.

Becca called around 9:30pm in tears. She got pulled over for speeding, but not actually "pulled over". He never put on his lights until she pulled into the apt parking lot. Anyways, the policeman wanted to talk to me since the VIN didn't match the plate. Here Cork put the wrong plates. We got the new plates for the Focus & Escape at the same time & they got put on wrong. He was very very kind about it. I had to go out to the Focus and confirm it's VIN. She called back sobbing. This was just one more thing on her mountains of worries right now. The apt deal hasn't be solved yet. She has off today & is going to look at some apt in Grove City near where she works. She was told she has a full time job once she graduates if she wants it. Actually, they said she could start the training this Fall, but the hours fall right in when she has classes.

This morning after dropping Blaise off, I went & picked up Kathy. I did need to go to Stover's bakery supply warehouse to pick up my order. Got my new 50lbs of shortening Aunt J!!!! Grease ball day maybe next week? Plus I got several other items. Way cheaper than a grocery store. We then stopped to get her BF pay check cashed so that she could get some gas in her car. Dropped her off & now I need to get started doing something in the kitchen. I have pie dough to roll out, cookie dough to mix up, and the restaurant called with their order for tomorrow....carrot cake & 2 pies. Talked to my cousin Karen yesterday, and I'm meeting her at Aunt J's when they go there to get her Norwex order since she couldn't come to my party. We'll probably go swimming after dinner. Making salmon tonight.

Have a good one all!

Comment

we are at the bottom half of day now..

the gown got fitted and refitted... ran out of time to actually sew in the piece needed ( by hand) but Karen understood what had to be done and took it home.. to finish in the morning ..

oh My social life is picking up!!!. .I get to go to Donna s and make grease balls .... actually I enjoy my hours spent with her!...
                also got an appointment for a pedicure... set up.. and I am planning on going to see the finals in Miss Saxonburg pagent on Friday.. ..note. no David.. he will busy watching the convention. which has run on endlessly again... not that he plans on voting for Hilary.. but he wants to watch history being made I guess..

still don't see Nalani here... wondering how she made out with the bad storms coming over the islands.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Today I can't stay warm. I was shivering in a 79° house. Finally I went to the back porch and sat in the 100° heat for an hour, wearing my big thick blue robe. I finally got warm. Then I conked out into a nap on the couch.
                  E gave me a bowl of tomato bisque soup and saltines for lunch. Have my big furry blanket over my lap now.

Nalani might just be tired from the heat and humidity in Hawaii. She mentioned it the other day, I think.

Good evening, all.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                  X