Wednesday Morning going down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday Morning going down

Good Morning...very cloudy one out there, 100% humidity and can hardly breath when it hits you..
    I didn't want to start a good morning post under Sassy's, she lost her Mother last night.
    I have had my shower, hair blown dry and dressed, need to leave here soon to have my endoscope done...hubby is taking me and of course they want you there two hours before the procedure...was weird, no makeup, no hairspray or hair products, no perfume, just deodorant...never had them say that before a test..
    So hello, hope everyone has a good day, will be in loco land for awhile...so catch ya'll later...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good Morning! Yesterday was sunny & hot. It looks like it'll pour rain any moment, but it's not forecasted to rain until later this afternoon.

Yesterday was good. Didn't get a ton accomplished, but enough. We did our errands in Saxonburg in the morning...drugstore, bank, library. My SIL & niece came to swim after lunch and they took Blaise down with them, so I balanced checkbooks in quiet then joined them. The water is perfect right now. Cooked dinner and after dinner Blaise & I went back down to swim for a bit before covering the pool back up for the night.

Made & rec'd several calls. Now going to volunteer for Meals on Wheels the second Monday of every month. Thought I was helping with a funeral dinner on Saturday, but found out they have plenty of help that just came forward & volunteered, so I'm not needed...fine by me! Have to deal with the life insurance company. I'm waiting for a call back from them. Talked to the gal who's doing my Norwex party and getting that organized. Love their product though it's a bit expensive.

I've got the laundry going already. Think I'll bake off the sugar cookie dough. Cooking dinner for the youth group. They are on a local mission for the week & needed dinner provided nightly.

((((Sassy))))

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning...going to clean my room and stay cool today....One day closer to my weekend with my family!

I went yesterday with job placement coordinator to see about a new job...sounds very promising trying very hard to not get my hopes up.

Comment

Good Morning .

already doing bits of this and that to organize house for company.. Mike and Pam coming in Friday about 7pm.. and will be here until the following Sat... gathered up the bedding , which is stored upstairs .. and it is ready for the first trip to downstairs. plan to get the upstairs bedrooms dusted, swept , and all stuff laying around put away.. once that is done.. if the energy holds out.. will work at the living room ,,, the easy room..

Donna , I did meals on Wheels.. you can plan on that taking up most of a Monday.. fun meeting the elderly.. do you have a partner?.

so sad for Sassygirl... Hugs to you dear lady..

Sharon. David had an endoscope about 2 years ago.. I don't remember any orders about the perfume y stuff......and I have had it done once too.. ..Maybe they have no equipment now that the perfumes would interfere with ???..

be back later when I set down to catch my breath..

ps. Hi Bethina..
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.

Hot, sunny, & dry here. Maybe rain next week, though the percentage of it really happening is pretty low.

Yesterday's checkup went well. (See separate post for details.) No new prescriptions needed. I wiill be working on more walking, working out the kinks, and exercises to strengthen and tone my body again. Not going back to PT, though. I did order new support hose that should help and be more comfortable...and far cheaper than Walgreen's medical supplies!
          [I *will* get myself back to normal!!! I've already beaten the medical odds and am ahead of the game by far. I don't look like someone who has been through the medical odds that I have (the doc's call it medical he!!), and it always surprises the new doctors who actually read my records.]

So today we will be going to Kohls, and see if they have slippers. Target sure didn't! I saw flip flops that can pass as casual house slippers. But to me they are as dangerous for walking in as these Berkenstock-like slippers DD gave me. No support, and hard to keep on your feet. Normally I just like going barefoot or in low-cut sport socks. But right now I need a bit more support. I may want to make another stop or two enroute. Then at lunch time we will stop at a restaurant for a second breakfast (I think they do a better breakfast than anything else), and their free pie today.

Then come back home and try to sort out the stuff in my closet.
          I have one small load of laundry going right now, so my muumuus will be clean for wear. It's the one most comfy thing for me to wear right now.

So that's my day's plans for my little world here. ☀️
          Sharon - have a good time in loco land. Hope everything turns out successful.
          Cookie, good heavens! How many chores can you take on, anyway? Don't overdo, please.

To everybody, have a wonderful day.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Had to take off very early yesterday for Vincennes. While in Vincennes, stopped at Lowes to get 3 boxwood bushes to plant in the country. Got those planted so the "landscaping project" out there is complete.

Will be leaving early again in the morning for a spinal injection. Doubt that I will have time to check in again in the morning.

Everyone have a great day.
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Everyone seems to be busy with chores and errands today. Not me! I have a totally free day with all errands and chores completed yesterday. Although I did wake with a headache which I am hoping is allergy because Sierra went to medi-med yesterday and has strep. Ach...who wants that in the summer? Andrew's team lost the game last night so are finished for the season. They played the best game of their season and were up by 5 runs at one time but some nights you do not get the breaks. We were the better team last night but next year is another season. The boys knew they were playing well and were disappointment at the outcome. Suppose to have scattered showers again today and Jon must spray the weeds. They had a lot of rain while I was gone and no one went out to do a weed check until they had multiplied. Weeds are hardy things. I have no idea what I will do today and with this headache it may be a perfect day to just take a nap or maybe find a movie which is actually code for take a nap! Stay cool and as productive as you wish today!!

Comment

Maye, I am in "company's coming" mode and mine doesn't even stay here. They stay at Hampton Inn...it just works better for my DIL. Anyway, I have been finding dust in places I forgot about...having the plumber come got me to really clean out from under the sink, and one spot just leads me to another, it seems.
                Donna, how many meals will you be doing? Here, the meals on wheels are all prepared at the Senior center, then delivered by volunteers. When I worked in kindergarten my MIL, who lived with us, had M on W delivered to the house.
                My mother got back ok from MN. She flies standby so we hold our breath until she walks onto the flight.
                Regular day here.
                Last night the women's group at church put together hygiene kits for the Alternatives to Violence agency. It is for women escaping domestic violence. Gallon baggies we filled with items like toothbrush, pads, deodorant , shampoo...things you need but probably don't have time to grab in an emergency. I can't imagine.
                Ok, I am rambling. Feeling badly for sassy, but grateful we all have each other.
                Take care and come back for hugs and talk around the table.

Comment

• cookielady
                  cookielady commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm going to a local church and help prepare the food. Our church takes one day a month to help. I'm not going to deliver the meals. I use to help when I lived in Freeport and we did around 70 servings/meals I think.

Aloha all!

so sorry about that Sassy girl lost her mom. My heart goes out to her.

Yesterday Patty and Walt were in to do their shopping and we went out for a pizza. Patty and I shared one and what we couldn't finish she took home to Meagan and if Meagan didn't want it she will give it to her chickens. Patty and Meagan will be in tomorrow night to spend the night so that should be fun.

Didn't want to go down to breakfast so will have some toast and juice here. Trying to decide if I want to go to enhanced fitness or on the bus to Kmart and Cosco. Most likely will go to exercise.

Have a good day all!

Comment

It's exercise either way, Nalani! 😄
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                  X