X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 11..July

Good morning everyone

Rise and shine..

This pic it is me...lol...My kittys woke me up..Early in the morning...

Getting ready to do..The chores...

It will be spotty shower to day..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Good Morning.

No news here. Rehab for me. Dr. visit for John. Way too hot to do much outdoors.

Have a good day, Friends.

Comment

Good Morning, well I think it is morning. Kenny has an appointment for test, they told him to be there by 8:30 so that he is first in line or it could take all day. Got up for a potty break and thought the clock said 6:45 but it said 5:45, I didn't have my glasses on and so he is up anyhow.

I thought I posted yesterday but must not have. Am hoping for a yes answer for my SSI. Since he has decided that he isn't going to even try to keep the house will be relocating myself and the animals to SO IL. Talked to my sister and seems that nephew said his truck won't make the trip, so I'm trying to figure out how to come up with $$ for a small or mid size U-haul, My niece can drive one of those. Since he is going to let me take stuff instead of leaving it behind for someone else to make money off of, Of course if I try to sell it here he is going to want at least 1/2 the money. My sister is going to check around down there and see if someone has a truck and trailer with sides that will be willing to come up. He said he was going to sell the small chest type freezer for $40 and was giving me the money, told him that is worth at least $50 and if the person who said they were interested in it wants it, that is what she will pay.This is the same girl who is giving herself a baby shower, and she also put all of her stuff in storage then set herself up a gofund me page asking people to help her buy stuff because she was having to relocate "we lost everything because the landlord sold the house" Of course she hurried and took it down before she posted that she was renting a U-haul to get her stuff out of storage and would anybody be willing to help her move into her new place. She has also been known to give a pity party to get people to give her stuff and then turn around and sell it. Sorry don't feel sorry for her one bit. And anyhow my sister's one small freezer just went out and she is having a pig butchered. and so can use it.

Comment

Good Morning one and all...I rose and I am shining...cute graphic...
        My friend who I have not seen in almost 20 yrs. is coming to visit today, so excited about that, she lives about 1 1/2 hr. away, house got the last dusting and spiffing up yesterday, johns cleaned this morning...plan on having making quesadillas for lunch, fruit tray and Mexican fruitcake...and tomorrow morning meeting up with another friend, someone's hair I did for so many years, and having breakfast together. This feeling good and being able to get out and about is so wonderful, hope it last for awhile..I love having friends...and getting together with them...last week it was my cousin and she spent the whole day.

Talked to my Grandgirls on Skype yesterday they are missing us and wondering when we are coming back to visit again, LOL...they have no clue that in Oct. we are taking them to Disney....They looked so pretty in the dresses we bought them and took when we visited along with shoes...we went out to eat twice and they wore the dresses both times...

Determined is Kenny moving with you? I am glad you are looking out for yourself, can't believe he is letting this happen...can't fix (stupid)...only a victim if you want to be...

Well ladies and gents need to get a shower and get dressed...happy, happy, happy....

Have a great day one and all, please find things to be blessed about..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• determined
          determined commented
          Editing a comment
          Boffler, no he isn't coming with me, he wouldn't fit in the chaos that is my sisters place, hubby with Alzhiemers, 4 grandkids living there and baby sitting for 2 more while their Momma works. Grands that live there also have their parents who live there. He is putting what he wants into storage but he has no idea where he is gonna live. I thought he would grow up some knowing that Momma isn't around to pull him out of trouble, guess I was wrong.

Good morning...woke up with allergy type head ache...took meds going back to sleep for an hour or so then calling my sister to see if we going to get lunch and groceries today. If not and my head is feeling better I will get on the bus and go myself. No other plans for the day

My mom and I spent some time on line looking at different kitties and I have applied to adopt a few of them. Will post pictures once I finally have my fur baby.

Comment

Morning all

Thought I posted yesterday, but evidently I didn't either.

It's Monday and supposed to be my day off, but after conferring with my co-worker, Susan, we have basically decided that our boss, Dennis, does NOT need to be left alone in the office during the summer months EVER. So I am working today and will have tomorrow off. Dennis is 75 years old and most of the time is sharp as a tack, but he has some moments that are questionable. So we are covering him, basically.

It's HOT here. Heat index every day is around 110° and the humidity is 100%. It is STIFLING - walking outdoors is like walking into an oven. This is the time of year I pity anyone who works outdoors - roofers and landscapers especially.

So I'm gonna fix myself another cup of java and get busy. Y'all have a good 'un.
          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning .

David got up his usual middle of the night ..... his wakening hour matches my need for bathroom. except I could not get back to sleep.. laid for a while , finally got up.. I have decided this is the day the downstairs rooms get their good cleaning .. Not a lot to do but want to go over it good.with sweeper, duster. get all the cat hair . litter box cleaned out.. any left over energy. I will use where ever I see a spot that needs a swipe...

Darla. decision and more decisions..going to be a busy couple of weeks for you.. wishing you well ...

Sharon , hope your health stays good.. you sound so happy... I guess because you do appreciate the Good Days..

Love the picture SassyG.. thats me a lot of the mornings. too

Elaine , how is the knee, walking coming along?. I see an orthopedic dr in August to have knees evaluated.. and hoping he tells me I have mild arthritis and do not need replacement (yet).

Granddaughter Bethany,& her mom got home from their weekend at International baton competition .. Bethany took first in one of the events.. she was on cloud nine!... their Group teams did not do as well. but Karen said their was some fantastically good teams there .

Hi Justy and Paula..

Hi Nalani,, enjoying your beautiful homeland aren't you?... Hows Bim doing?.

and Hi to all of you.. now to get to that downstairs and make it really clean ,,a daughter-in-law is coming .... same space grandson was in last weekend. that I did not clean for at all..
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! It's been pleasant around here.

Yesterday was good. Got home from church and headed into town to pick up sale items and groceries. Came home with a trunk full. Best part....Cork was given $50 Aldi's gift certificate, so I stocked up and only had to pay $30 for it all. Took Blaise down to the pool for a bit and he hit the bottom of his chin coming out of the pool...OUCH! Went to my SIL to play cards last night. I was the big loser most of the evening.

Today I'll be cooking & cleaning. My family (Mom, brothers, SIL, & niece) are coming over for dinner to celebrate my Mom & brother Ray's BD. Ray's was yesterday and my Mom's is Thursday. Need to get to DG and get their BD cards. I was going to do that yesterday, but it was hot and I just wanted to get home & get the cold stuff put away.

Sharon...it is wonderful to feel good. You take it so much for granted until you have several days (or weeks or months) in a row of be miserable, then you truly appreciate feeling good. Have fun! Wished I was one of those friends coming to visit. We'll do it again some day.

Darla...I'm sorry you are having to go through all this.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
                Hot & sunny (106°) today. Looks like the "possible rain" forecast has moved itself to the end of the week. Humidity here is 42% here, which is pretty high for us. 🌵

GD has joined a Raspberry Pi Club at her school, and her Mom can't figure out how to set it up for her. You can just guess where E will be today. I'm staying home and off my bad foot. Tomorrow I see the doctor about this.

Was it Sassy's cat that woke me at 3 this morning? Hate waking so early. Finally got back to sleep, but tossed & turned a while. A nap will be in order today.

Not much else is going on here. Will just take the day as it comes.

Darla, good luck on your move. I hope it goes smoothly.

To all, have a great day!
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Phone woke me at 5:30 and I was up after reading until 3:00. Going to be a long day and early bedtime. Have laundry to finish and must clean the floors. Also need to make a run for bug spray for the outside plants and beer for the slugs. We have these huge really really big hostas and they are being eaten alive! Look horrible!! Jon read up on it yesterday and they claim slugs so we set out a bowl of the only beer in the house last night and I checked this morning to find 8 slugs! I am thinking maybe I should just get the weed eater out and cut them down? The blue birds are feeding their babies and are very protective of the nest. When we sit out on the patio one of them sits on the fence and watches us. Have calls to make this morning...need to get my annual blood work done, call for hair cut and remake the car appointment I cancelled when we thought we were going to have to stay in KC over the weekend. Sierra got a letter from our doctor saying he is closing his practice but I did not so need to check on that. Lots of little things that need attending. Going to be hot but it is summer!!

Comment

• cookielady
                    cookielady commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maxie...my goodness lady your hair grows fast. You're always getting a hair cut. You havin' an affair with the hair dresser? LOL! I think you should just get it shaved off & go once a month. LOL!!!

Funny you should say that because I was just mentioning to my sister I had thought about getting a buzz cut. My hair has always grown very fast...gets cut every 3 weeks. When you have a bunch of lumps and bumps you keep cut. Now if I dusted as often as I cut my hair I would live in a dust free and hairless world.

Comment

I've seen some very attractive women with buzz cuts, Maxie. Sometimes (especially in summer) I almost seriously consider it..
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Baby is crying and is sleepy, tired, but has been attached to mom all weekend and welcome to my Monday.
                      Cooler here, Pat. Even when I say it's hot I Always know there is a higher heat index either your way or JoG's direction. Our " dry heat" does not compare to the oven I walked into in Las Vegas or the shower I lived in Japan my last trip there. So, I just hope we all have something to take our minds off the weather.
                      I have a real plumber coming today to fix my kitchen faucet. I just thought I will try it before giving up. I have been watering all the plants with the water dripping into a pitcher.
                      Have a good day!

Comment

Baby must be teething, Paula.
                        Las Vegas is He!! In summer, Paula. (I can only recall summer visits there where I felt I was walking across a grill, the optical shimmering of the sidewalks reach people-night. It's worse than a "dry heat". Order lots of ice cream, snow cones, and milk shakes!!! I ordered fruit juice or tea with more ice than drink. Use their stationery to make paper fans! Better yet --- never go there in summer again!)

We have 2 relatives that live very near Vegas. We just don't visit there any more. They can see us if they choose.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                        X