Thursday Morning July 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Morning July 7

Good morning...I am up early headed out the door in just a bit to go take care of the animals at my sisteres...then headed in to volunteer...I planned and will cook breakfast this morning...a treat for them chocolate chip pancakes and sausage patties..

My toe is way more tender this morning dad said its nerves are waking up...

Not sure of my evening plans other than watching tv and hanging out with the bird and my dad..and mayb getting a pizza I don't know.

Good Morning, they say we will be having a heat wave, what we need is RAIN!! Grass is brown and having to water the garden and all the plant life around the house...

Yesterday was a busy one, first my Drs. appt., the endocrinologist said that he thought the nodules/cyst on thyroid was not anything to be concerned with YET, one of them is a pretty good sized one that he thought at one time probably started out to be a goiter but died (?) and the other smaller ones are probably just calcium deposits...will keep an eye on them, redo testing in a year...go on and enjoy life...well that I shall do. After that, came home and hubby and I headed on our two hour trip to pick up our motorhome and to go through it to make sure nothing else was taken or damaged...seems the thieves that broke into the extremely large dealership only hit the high end motorhomes and took TV's, stereo systems, etc. they took two TV's, missed the third one which is outside, but left the screws for the mounting brackets and did not cut cords...can replace the TV's cheaper than the $500 deductible...so will go to Walmart and purchase two TV's to replace the ones they stole...one motorhome there was in really bad shape, they practically tore the door off and busted windows...so all in all we were lucky...

Today will be my day to recuperate from travels, helping our daughter, doing up a half bushel of peaches, and other misc., need some down time, will probably do a bit of laundry and some dusting..I have a friend coming for a visit on Monday, have not seen or talked to her in over 15 years, since I first moved to IL, we kind of lost contact and this past year we reconnected..looking forward to her visit....love having friends come to visit..then on Wednesday I have my endoscope done...
    Also need a trip to the grocery store...have a great day one and all, so much in life to be thankful for, most of all right now just having a little break from the Crohn's disease is my biggest blessing..Love, hugs and prayers for all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning!

Yesterday was busy, but there were some mistakes made. I did get the 2 doz sugar cookies iced and I baked & decorated the 3 layer tie dye cake. Unfortunately the raspberry filling was too thick apparently and the top layer started sliding off the cake in the refrig. Not good. I ended up baking another cake making it only a 2 layer. Made lots of cupcakes too since I used 2 cake mixes each time. Personally I think the first one that I used an Aldi's mix turned out better.

The second mistake was I went down to the pool with Kathy to take the cover off so she could get the pool ready for my SIL & niece who were coming over to swim. I put it on backwash & walked out and forgot. I then headed to the bank in Saxonburg. Kathy forgot how to turn it off & eventually thought to flip the power switch, but quite a bit of water had already flushed out. She did put the hose in & started put in fresh water. Now I'm hoping the pool doesn't turn green again. Always something.

Neither mistake was horrible or life threatening, but frustrating. Oh well. Problems solved. Had a nice visit with my SIL & niece. We are thinking they might come over Saturday and they swim & we'll grill out. We'll see. It'll depend on our guys and how tired they are. Cork just ate & went to bed last night.

Not sure what today will bring. Need to get that cake iced & decorated. The cookies are getting picked up around noon. I may start making some of the fillings for my pie baking tomorrow. They ordered 9 pies, all different flavors. We'll see. The place needs some picking up.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Hey - guess where I am? That's RIGHT! Work. again. Meh.

Donna - I DID buy 3 squeeze bottles to make that America cake - thinking I'll do it in purple, green, and yellow for Chris's birthday on the 19th. If I remember to take pix, I will post them.

Y'all have a good 'un.
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning,

Hi beth! Hi Donna! Hi Sharon!

Day off for me, so I am making a chocolate pie as we speak. Then doing the Chinese we planned on, which was scrapped due to peas showing up. Don't like peas, but John does, which is great!

Got laundry going, rounding up trash for the weekly pickup and removing hair from the cat.

This week I decided it was time to remove clothes that I used to work in and have not put on since. I found a great place to take them, and I am almost free. Have about 20 sweaters I wish I could find someone to take. They are essentially brand new, but you seldom see sweaters down here anymore.

Well, have a super day, Everyone,

Comment

Good Morning, I have a pain doctor appointment and Kenny has testing at the hospital, thankfully they are right across the parking lot from each other. I thought my appointment was at 10, but when I got the reminder call yesterday they said 10:30 so going to try to get him to let me drop him off and then go on over and when I'm done come back. I don't think I can walk that far anymore (it is actually 2 pretty good size parking lots, one for the hospital and the other for the offices. )

Comment

Good morning.
              Some clouds in the sky, but not rain clouds.....and the sunshine looks nice out there. It's 77° out right now, going only to 98° today. 🌵 Sharon, I can relate to lack of rain.
              Well, not only do we have to pick a new PCP again, but I'll be adding an Infectious Disease doctor to my list when the hospital calls. They don't know why my foot/leg won't heal. Today begins my week with no chemo meds. Yay!

Other than that....??? Who knows what the day will bring.
              Not much is going on here. Oh, GGD Emily (autistic) will be finishing her "summer school" at her grandma's this month. I need to pick a day to go there, and there will be a small faux "graduation" party for her. Looking forward to that.

Might go out shopping a bit with E today. I need support hose in a larger size. Gads, the doctors don't think of the $50/pr (average price). With my feet still swollen, I can't fit my regular support hose over my toes.

Men and their toys! I've mentioned the "Raspberry Pi computers" before. Basically it's a circuit board with the bits all in place on it. There are several versions out now. E has all 7, and 2-3 of a couple of them. (These things run from $5-35.)
              You put them in whatever case you like, some will fit in an altoid tin. He has made a call blocker with one. It works great, as we get almost no telemarketing/political calls any more. But don't ask me to figure out how to work his electronics. Not even our TV's. Too many controls with too many buttons!

Well, I hope you all have a very good day.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Elaine, I use sweaters for church a lot. Air conditioning! Maybe women who work in banks, etc where the air is on could use some new sweaters.
                I had dinner and birthday pie with my mother and Becky yesterday. Local restaurant and it was packed! Free slice of pie every Wednesday really brings in the customers.
                I had Marionberry, a kind of boysenberry. I usually get sour cream lemon, but just wanted a change of taste.
                It is only 70* so far and feels great! I bet Barb is really getting some cooler temps.
                Pat, the green, purple and yellow will be good for Mardi Gras, too, right? Hope you can post pictures. I have a daycare girl obsessed with the color blue and am thinking I should try this for her birthday later this month. Just a couple shades of blue swirled with white.
                I am on a mission to clear out my office. We want to change it around. The computer desk is in the closet, and I want to rearrange the room and desk so it faces the room. At the time it seemed like a better use of space, but now I want the windows and lights to be More on the desk.
                Not much going on here. It will be a low census day, 4 kids, no school kids, and we are enjoying the slow start.
                Elaine, I will ask in the Kitchen, too, but still wondering about your cookie crumb pie crust.
                Hope everything goes well for you all. Sharon, my niece with Crohn's is doing well, too. She has an internship at Disney World in their college connection and all is going well.
                Have a great day! Hope all your plans go off just right!

Comment

Good morning ,,,

thought I had posted earlier,,, must have been sleep walking/dreaming.
                  Grandson David text me at 12.30 am last night ... he had pulled off to sleep a while... ( he has a sort of bed in his big van).. he still had about 2 hours drive to get home... ... was glad he let me know...but it woke me up and so my nights sleep was a much shorter one...

reading a dumb sort of book .. interesting enough to keep me reading .. but a weird story line.. will make a big "no more" beside this author

went to Aldi's .... did not need a trunk full .. just $30 worth of essentials... Gs. David had cleaned out the fridge of all lunch meats and cheese...( which was encouraged and was fine)... so restocked ...

Elaine,, keep talking about cleaning out closet of clothes... I don't mind tossing or giving away. my "older" clothes... just hate trying them all on . and moaning how don't fit anymore... ... but I MUST START downloading this house. Now.. have soooo much Stuff..

dropped off Car #1 at garage to be inspected... on our way to aldi's.... it was done when we come back past garage.. so picked it up and left Car #2. there ..it has a "gas smell"... this is the third time ( it does have all new gas lines..) must have a bad gasket or a pinhole.. can't see gas on garage floor... just the smell?. want it fixed!... can't stand a car with a problem.. its a good old car .. just want it fixed!..

hi to you all.... may your day improve!....
                  yes Donna its the little everyday diasters that wear you out...
                  Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I don't think you can have too many sweaters. I've felt cold since last October. E puts up with my keeping the house about 80*. But he put a fan by his chair.
                    On occasions when my breathing seems labored, I might drop it to 79*. It will be an interesting summer when temps run over 110*
                    I take a sweater everywhere. A/C blasted in stores, and some restaurants is not comfort-friendly to me. I have another winter to get through before this condition of mine should come to an end. Then I'll know for sure whether my coldness is caused from chemo, or if I'm going to be the little old lady who wears sweaters and sweatshirts in the dessert. 😨😉
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Pat B
                      Pat B commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Jo - don't feel like the Lone Ranger I take a sweat jacket with me everywhere because everyone seems to over-do it with the A/C. I can stand being hot, but I CANNOT stand being cold. Cold HURTS!

Cleaning lady has came and gone. She just comes once a week for 2 hours, but helps a lot. Will have a nice clean bed to crawl into tonight.

Cleared out a couple drawers in my main desk. Funny how things get filed away but seldom get discarded when their usefulness is over. Actually have the laundry done. Big day for puny old me. Think it is time for a nap! LOL

Comment

Aloha all!

I gave all my sweaters away when I moved back to Hawaii except one old one of Buddy's with patched elbows. Even a sweatshirt is too warm most of the time. A lot of the ladies here wear them all the time. I think it's ones metabolism that makes one cold or hot. I get hot easily.

Justy, the cleaning girl does my apartment today but she only takes about 20 minutes. Really not a deep cleaning at all and I do that once in a while. They mostly change linen and a quick vacuuming. I do the rest. I'm glad I kept my old Electrolux as I've used that a number of times. Bim and I share it.

I think it's going to be a nice day but I think muggy. Shall take my walk early.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Hello everyone...

I am sorry i am late..

I am just checking in..To let everyone that "I" am "OK".We had nasty strom last night....And another one is tonight..

Got up early..And did the shopping and pay the bills...That was so much fun with that shopping..lol..Coupons..
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Nalani, I think most of the cleaning ladies don't even want to know what deep cleaning is and don't plan on knowing. Mine does do a good job dusting and the floors except for the grout in my bathroom. When it gets looking bad I have my son do it. I had to laugh at my son. The gal was cleaning 3 out of the 10 windows in the office on the inside. Have venetian blinds and they were always left whopper jawed and son would have to straighten them up. After this had went on for weeks he told her to just leave them be as he was tired of fixing the blinds. She says "my bad" and hasn't touched them again. I couldn't figure out why those 3 needed cleaning every week and the other 7 never did. LOL

Oh well, cleaning gal is good company and I can't do what she does so I will keep her coming once a week.

Comment

That's funny about the blinds. Glad your son can do the real difficult stuff. I can always get my daughter to do things like that too.

Comment

Working...
                            X