Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuesday... 7-5

good morning

we must all be tuckered out with the long weekend... I know I am...

but come say hello just the same... ok?

now that this is stuck , I will continue

Grandson got picked up in Pittsb.. and now he is planning for his long ,12hr, trip back to MyrtleBeach. possibly leaving today. if not . tomorrow morning ..I m just leaving him sleep and sleep... so he is really rested..

not much on the to-do list today.. see you all later.
    Last edited by Mayebarnes; 07-05-2016, 08:24 AM.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Good morning to you all.
    Guess what? Hot and sunny here! 🌵 Of course. What else.

Yesterday the neighborhood firecrackers began at 5-ish, on and off after that. I guess a neighbor had thrown a party and about 8-9 set off more fireworks. The big finish about 9 p.m. E peeked out once or twice, I didn't bother. I didn't even feel like watching them on the TV. It really didn't feel like a holiday to me.

Today E has a doctor appt, so I'll just stay home. My feet don't need to be taxed any more than usual. Swelling is down in the bad foot, but not the other. I don't know what my doc will make of it when I see him next week.
    Tomorrow is the last day of this round's chemo meds. Thursday I get a week off of them. Then Round 3. 🙄

Well, nothing much new here. My little world is not all that interesting, but it's all I've got for a while.

Hope you all have a wonderful day today. 😄
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Obviously there is something weird going on with the RT again. I started a good morning post and it disappeared. Then I saw where Sharon started one also - but when I clicked on it, it told me it could not load that module.

So I will just bid you all a good morning and get back to work
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Boffler and I posted earlier. must gotten lost in space...came back to read and got some sort of error.

My dad is coming today to work on the garage some more. He will also fix my bike for me and either he and I will go to my sisters to water and feed or I will ride over this evening when it cool.

I am volunteering today and leading the craft..

Must get out and wait on my ride.

Comment

Good Morning, didn't do diddly squat yesterday but my body is still feeling like I was ran over by a truck. Sounded like bombs going off all day yesterday. Did call my brother yesterday, he said he thinks that the fireworks are louder "more boom for the buck" type thing. I need to go jump in the shower and wait for Kenny to get up so we can run to the store and at least pick up cat food. Can't do much shopping until Thursday. I'm hoping that he can make the appointment for the test that are ordered for Thursday so that he can get that done and I can go to my pain Dr. appointment at the same time. Maryann said that if he doesn't want to take me that she has nothing to do and will take me down there, give her a reason to get dressed and leave the house. She has only been going out if she needs something from the store, and goes out on Tuesdays since that is the day she makes her extra money with her baking. She is hoping that one of you ladies may have the cake recipe she is looking for.

Well everyone have a great day.

Comment

I am finally here. This year we had the big boom fireworks going off, too. The first one I heard was over a week ago and my neighbor texted me and asked if that sound was a gun or an explosion! No sirens so we figured it had to be some kind of fireworks...
            I stayed home last night because we have a sick dog who is also very afraid of the noise. She is at the vet this morning, her eye is infected again...sure hope antibiotics can fix it.
            Our fruit salad was wonderful. It had a dressing made of olive oil, honey and lime juice. Watermelon, Apple, blueberries, and strawberries.
            Our first barbecue of the summer went great. I am determined to grill more!
            My next project is all the trim in my bedroom. Decided not to paint the floorboards, but will buy new ones first. I want a 4" one. I figured after doing a very small section between the door and the closet that if I am getting down on that hard floor I am going to make it worthwhile!
            I tried to get on the RT once yesterday, had issues, then tried again and got on.
            Have a good Tuesday! I have to keep reminding myself it is not Monday!

Comment

Sounds like the cyber gremlins have been out. 🤖 I hope they've all gone away now.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yes I was here this morning like Pat said, and told you all of my adventures, I brought back GA peaches and had to get those done today...

question. If you are listed as a moderator but no longer moderate or participate, do you still have all the moderator privileges??!!

Off to find other things to get done...see you tomorrow morning...
                Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I posted on Sharon's morning post & when I came back in to see if anyone else posted, I got an error msg.

Anyways....hey all! Yesterday was spent cleaning & organizing. I broke down and sorted, pitched, and washed the remaining clothes of Kathy's. We were trying to cleaning up the laundry room and her clothes were all over the floor and they made the room stink. I haven't washed for her in probably 6 months. We did nothing exciting. Had spaghetti for dinner. I did make 2 pies from Lori....a fresh peach and a strawberry rhubarb.

This morning I mixed up some sugar cookie dough then mopped the floors. Blaise & I then headed to town to the library, Aldi's, Little Caesar's, and Giant Eagle. I think we are going to finally get in the pool. It's been a week since we've been in it since it's been too cold to go in.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Oops.....Boffler. I guess I haven't been keeping up with my forum. Sorry.
                    With the ups and downs here, it hasn't gotten much thought or any effort from me.
                    If someone else would like to have those moderator privileges, please contact Kim.
                    I will gladly relinquish it at this point.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• boffler
                      boffler commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh JoG you are doing just fine, my reference was to those that no longer even come here and say hello or anything but yet can still have moderator privileges...you are active but also going through a rough patch...and you share responsibilities with others...

Aloha all!

Warm and muggy here. Went to Safeway early and got apple bananas and cherries which I love. Came back and hosed off my car to get salt spray and dust off. Car wash was closed.

I watched the Boston Pops last night and will NOT watch them again. Did not like the singers or the songs they song. I guess they call them songs. Sounded like a lot of nothing to me. Since I have closed caption I could actually read the words. I am just too old for this stuff they call music now days. Not enough patriotic songs which I like on the 4th. And when they did sing my favorite America they messed that up so much it made me cry.

Sorry for being a crotchety old lady but that's what I am. We did have a wonderful traditional lunch yesterday. The chef really outdid himself.

Have a good rest of the day all!

Comment

Oh, Nalani, that is so very sad about The Boston Pops. 😢
                      They were the only 4th of July show I'd watch, because they played the traditional tunes, and they'd sync the music with the fireworks.
                      Today's "modern music" is not music to my ears, either.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X