• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 23.June..

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

It looked like rain to day..

One my friends came around yesterday ...And bought me a bag full of Zucchini from the garden..Then he say...If i can make bread out of it..
    So that will be my job to day..

This pic looked like my cat...And he does have box too..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Good morning I am up and drinking a cup of coffee. My sister is here drinking coffee with my parents. I came back down stairs...its too early to be around people. I am not an early morning person. I will probably shortly crawl back under my covers..will emerge from the basement when my sister goes home...she is crazy stressed already..she has 2 wedding cakes this weekend..I will just stay away out of the way as much as I can.

This afternoon my mom sister two nieces and I are going for Manicures and pedicures. Other than that the next two days will consist of cake baking and decorating for my parents and I..my dad and I will get to eat cake scraps.. One of the cakes is carrot so I will really enjoy those scraps. Carrot cake is a favorite of mine.

Tomorrow my mom and sis will do more cake stuff...I am volunteering 10-4 That is when I am needed most to help contain the clients that like getting outside. I will go when one of the staff gets off work and stay until they put the clients on the bus to go home. I am hoping it will not be a crazy day...

Saturday should be a day that mom dad and I get to do something fun. I hope so anyways..

I still don't know about working on Sunday. I will work what ever hours I get. I did have an interview yesterday and a goodwill store close to home. I should know more tomorrow.

Comment

Good morning a quick hello from me...I have been up for awhile now because my kitties said so, LOL...we got some much needed rain overnight, maybe my grass might turn green again....on my way to my Remicade infusion, that takes up most of my day, and have a little over a half hour drive there, so I must get moving...have a great day one and all.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning .

been up "forever".. since 5;30am.... thought I would get another little snooze in recliner.. not happening ... so got kitchen work done.. another spot ,,, that dirty one behind the microwave , wiped down.. doesn't take long.. just takes ,remembering to do it.

started another good book on the Reader ... oh dear.. will be a distraction today wanting to get back to it..

Going to Donna's. house to make her "grease balls"... she hates touching lard and shortening. and I don't. so I volunteered to make her out 1 cup balls so when she is making pie dough she will have some premeasured cups she can just grab.. the PLUS is we get to visit and talk!!!..

if that is what your kitty looks like SassyG.. its a cutey.
        Bethina,, my niece, the Donna on here,, also makes absolutely fabulous Carrot Cake. so I can always get a Cupcake made of same when I get a craving !..

Hey Pat.. you guys Busy these days?.

HI to you all.. be back later to read how your day is going .
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maye,He just like that pic..That could be his twin...lol..thank-you

Good Morning! I had a post almost done & someone else got on the computer & it's gone.

Yesterday was good. Got some great deals at the thrift store. Did a bit of mowing & some paperwork. Scheduled several appts for the next month. Stopped at a garage sale after picking up Blaise from VBS and we got a cotton candy maker for $1 and gave it a try last night...neat! Made Blaise smile. Got an order for carrot cake & GC pie for this morning, so did that during the evening.

This morning Aunt J is coming as she said. I'll be icing the carrot cake & we'll get lots of talking in. Not sure what the afternoon will bring. My SIL might be bringing her great niece to swim if the weather holds out. Corky's working 12 hr shifts today & tomorrow and he said he'll be going straight to bed after his shower, so not going to worry about cooking for him.

Off to give the kitchen it's last slap & tickle before Aunt J arrives. Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning.

Day off, so I'm collecting trash, doing some laundry, making chicken spaghetti for lunch. Slow day. Just like I like it.

Janet, please don't call the Criso grease balls. Doesn't sound edible in the least. You two have fun. Wish I were there.

Comment

Morning all

Aunt Maye - YES. Crazy busy. My co-worker, Susan, and I were just saying how we used to look forward to summer and now we both HATE it. We are looking forward to August and every month after that.

Chris is sick with a sinus infection and I have an eye that will NOT stop twitching. Stress? Vitamin deficiency? Who knows? All I know is it is non-stop irritating.

Bah! I despise being "Debbie Downer".

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning. Well, I did make it early enough today. The sleep aid didn't work well at al last night.
              Today I go for Round 2 of chemo. Have an hour's drive for an earlier appointment today.
              The temps should only be 104° today, down to 100° by Saturday. That will be some relief for us. 🌵
              Oh- good news- although the hardest part of walking begins when my feet touch the floor (whether getting out of bed, or just standing up), today I've been able to walk on it some. It must be healing, finally.
              DD emailed an article to me about Uric acid problems and wants me to ask my doc about it....it can cause similar problems like mine, and chemo doesn't help it. Maybe he can work with that. I will have E go over the MyChart test results and see if we can decipher it, too. 👟
              Sounds like you all have plans already today. I'd better get my stuff together to begin mine.
              Have a great day! 🤗
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Thanks for the lol, Elaine!
                Sitting outside on the patio. Normally, this is my treadmill time, but I made my smoothie and came out here to enjoy the cool morning air and visit with you all. ( y'all)
                Boffler, hope your treatment goes well and you keep up all your great activities.
                Sassy, zucchini bread is one of my favorite summer baking treats. Definitely worth the oven temperature!
                Janet, at my house, it is the underside of the microwave that I forget...until I slow down and see the dust.
                My hair appointment last night went great. That means I was awake and not yawning under the dryer and not dragging...usually, the minute I sit down after daycare I am ready to take a nap.
                Tonight will be an out to dinner night with my mom and Becky. My mother has been a bit down since the wedding plans in Florida changed and I am trying to get her mood up and out of her house.
                Hope you all have a good day!

Comment

• sassygirl01
                  sassygirl01 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Me too..On the bread...I add more to mine..nuts,pineapple....YES!!!

Loks like I will be without a computer for a while. Mine needs a new mother board but with the age of it I don't think I will be getting one. Not sure of what I'll be doing but I'll let you know what and when I do something. Might just start using this one.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                  sassygirl01 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OH NO!!!!...I am glad that you did....

Late late late! Was up before the chickens but busy busy busy. Last night when we got home at 11:15 from the second of four ball games this week Jon looked over and I had a flat. So he did what he did this morning and we had to go get that fixed. Then came home and finally cleaned up my portion of the basement called the laundry. I have been cramped in that area and everyone knows I must have ironing space and line space and folding space, etc., but had none. So now I do! I do want another line or two but getting the furnace filters changed seemed to be his job for the day. I will be glad when he goes back to work. Two weeks off with an adult son makes for a grabby mom! Going to be 98 today and, as much as I love the summer sun and heat this is beginning to be oppressive. Saw on the news yesterday that congress is finally protesting to get some of these gun bills up for a vote. How can the gun lobby be so powerful that congress still will not put regulations up for vote when 88% of the country says do it? No one will take your hunting guns or your pistols but we need common sense restrictions. Ok, so I do not like guns or dogs..but I do like cake so I can't be all bad. ANdrew has a late game at home tonight and an early game an hour away tomorrow. One more week of baseball and we will be free again. He won last night and so far has a winning season. Guess I'll go check laundry and scrounge around for a bite.

Comment

Working...
                X