X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday..June 16..Oh where...

is this month going.

Good morning everyone.

Well my car wouldn't hold the 21 square yards of sod that I needed. That means back to T.H. this morning to get the other 8 rolls. Elaine, this sod had better take as much money as I had to pay for it. My 85 year old friend and I laid the 13 rolls that I could carry yesterday when we got home. The 8' rolls were so heavy because of the soaking rain we got Wednesday night. T.H. got even more than we got. Edith had to sit for a while after each 3 rolls that we laid. After I got through cleaning up my car and giving the sod a good soaking, I called her to make sure she was O.K. She assured me that she was only tired and felt O.K. otherwise.

For those who think or say I do a lot for my friends, I figure I will get a BIG reward at my end of time. Besides, I enjoy working outside , and you know what "they" say....make hay while you can. Or at least that was the saying here in Illinois.

I was wondering how your teeth puling went, Determine. Any idea how long it will take you to get "another set" ? JoG, I am assuming that your treatments come in the pill form. My neighbor had to take pills that were very expensive and didn't work for him. He had to go through stem cell instead. That made his bones very weak, and he now has some sort of transfusion every month to build up the strength of the bones. He uses a cane now for safety. Of course he had bone cancer, so very different from yours.

Well time is a wasting, so I better bid you all a good day, and get a move on so I can get to T.H. and back before the heat comes .

How many got fooled by my date in this morning's post. It's the 17.
    Last edited by jostoy; 06-17-2016, 05:37 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

this morning to mop the kitchen floor..

This is one cute pic...You want to hear the story:..It start like this..Once upon a time..There was family wanted a kitty in there family..And this family have so much love in this family.

And there was kitty..Who wanted a loving home..and forever home..Who will take care of him..The family will love him..And will be part of the family..And they llived happy ever after..The End...Was that cute story...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Well Jo somedays I know the day just not the date, so didn't really notice...I do know I have an appt. today but not because of the date, but because I knew it was on Friday and Friday is also trash day...dates sometimes just pass me by. Yes make hay not waste...

Cute kitty and gif Sassy, my kitty has taken to sitting on the arm of the couch and leaning on my arm and looking at me with those loving eyes and begging to be talked to and petted...oh these kitties have us trained.

Well folks a busy day ahead for me and I must get a move on, no time to even read the news...so have a great day one and all..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        thank-you...They do..Those puppy dogs eye....Just like puss and boots"Shrek"...

good morning ...

going to be dragging a bit... read and read yesterday.... good book a friend suggested.. 433 pages long... so stopped reading at 12.30am...but read another hour this morning .. agggg.
      book is called "leaving time" ,Jodi Picoult ,author.. about elephants. but a mystery too.
      now, I must get the sweeper out, start a load of laundry.. have a piano lesson girl at 10.30 . and make up some pie crust dough.... ..and the get back to the book.

Jostoy... the year my daughters back yard needed sod. they ended up doing it twice... second time was only a couple days before the great big 4th july /Jacobs graduation party.. they had Jacobs high school buddies.. every adult available.. very expensive piece of grass!. ...... I was picturing you and the 85 yr old lady doing this .. didn't know whether to laugh or cry.. you two are braver than I.

Sassyg... Love my kitty.. and yes, Sharon , they do TRAIN US...

better head for the laundry room first.. very dull ,overcast rainy look and forecast... good day to finish that book

Hi Justy!..
      ~~~~Paula.
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank-you..That is so true...

Good Morning!

Don't yell at me for being late. I've clean / scrubbed 3 bathrooms, made homemade biscuits and put a roast in the crackpot.

Now I have to sit here and finish this newsletter and then maybe I can do something I WANT to do.

Love the pic, sassy. We found our kitten in our shop. As they say, he adopted us. And so glad he did (most of the time.)

Jostoy, I know what sod costs and how heavy it is. I'm hoping your environment was healthier than ours.

Have a good Friday, Friends.

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        thank-you...We found ours..At the shelter..It was love at first sight..They jump into my arms..
        They did the samething to me..Me too..lol..

Good morning yesterday was decent...I have decided as far as the job goes I plan to work what ever hours I am given until I am able to find something better. I will begin next week meeting with a job placement person once a week until a better job is found and I am hired.

I am volunteering an extra day this week that being today. Our director is off today we have 19 clients today and a nurse that has only worked with them one other time besides today...we thought it would be good to just have an extra person there that is familiar with the clients..I had nothing that couldn't wait planned for today. Will be at the center from 9:30-1:30 so that shouldn't be to bad depending on behaviors and that kind of thing.

Comment

Good Morning! Yesterday we got rain and it downpoured at times but we didn't get the terrible storms like some did in the area.

Yesterday was good. Got Blaise's pic taken. It was so tempting to buy more than the $9.99 coupon's worth, but I resisted. Just really can't afford to buy more at this time. Aldi's was at the intersection we were to turn, so we went there and then found the Arby's down the road a bit and had lunch. Got home & my SIL called. They had been at the lake Sat-Wed, so we caught up on news. Got the laundry done...endless job. Read off & on all afternoon. I'm reading a series by Richard Paul Evans. Very easy read & interesting. Spaghetti for dinner.

Not sure what today will bring. Think I'll take Blaise to the library later. Need to go to the bank, state liquor store for the bourbon for the Kentucky Derby pies, and to Giant Eagle to pick up their sale items. Kathy showed up last night, so think I'll leave Blaise with her. The sun is suppose to come out this afternoon & it be toasty, so maybe we'll swim. Oh...I was going to make dinner for Lori as payment for my perm. Should do that first thing this morning before it gets too warm though I have a/c.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Do not think it will be as hot today...good. There is yard work to do! It is Friday and Jon looks back and says I didn't so very much this week. Think? Partying with friends, sleeping late and swimming...now that he is refreshed maybe something will get done!! Drew won another game last night. Teams very evenly matched and it was pleasant to watch. However, why do people bring their dogs? Several familiy's bring their dogs and two of them are half pit bull. I do not appreciated being sniffed by a huge dog I am leery of or being stepped on by a dog with feet as big as mine. I am still in a knee support and do not want your dog slobber or hair in it, yes, he got that close to me. I am so glad you love your dog but keep it home and love it there because I do not like your dog and not very happy with you either. I know, it was a rant but why does everyone think we should love their dog? Another game tonight so lets see if the dog run is open. Lunch was fine yesterday. One of the girls had had a stroke but went back to work and I think has suffered a personality change. She sure did not need to drive herself. Oh well, maybe it is my day to be critical. Can't think of anything nice to say so will say nothing more. Allergies are horrible in boondie land and I have a headache and clogged nose. Will go to face book and read the gossip of the day from back home. Have a good day!!

Comment

Good rainy morning. Hope this rain goes south to put out that Santa Barbara fire.
            Sassy, our cat was a rescue from a shelter.
            This week has had more ups and downs than I care to go over, but one of the ( kind of ) downs is a change in my niece's wedding plans. It is now just a small, immediate family plus grandparents only. So, no trip,to Florida in Nov. And changing my ticket for some other place...
            Donna, that picture of Blaise is just so cute! The sparkle in his eyes says everything!
            I have my handyman scheduled to come today and haul stuff to the dump for me. I want to get my RV slab totally cheated up for a barbecue area. I can take care of everything else. Which means weeding and raking along my fence line...
            I am making a cornbread layered salad for a barbecue for the shelter volunteers tomorrow. I was invited as a volunteer but Becky's good friend is in charge of it and Is dealing with chronic illness ( RA) and I said I would bring a big salad. I love it and it is just too big to make unless you have an event!
            Hope you all have a good day!

Comment

Good morning.
              I was here early, but it wouldn't let me sign in. Then the page split, one Sade I was signed in but there was a note to tell my administrator about it; the other ide I wasn't signed in, but it was all the posts. So I went back to bed. Weird!

So here I am. Dr appt today. This afternoon.

Jostoy, I am on Chemo IV on day 1 of each regimen. Days 1-14 also have pills. Then I get 7 days off. Then repeat.
              Yesterday was the first of my 7 days off part of the regimen. I have to go through 8 regimens.
              Chemo itself will weaken bones. I am taking vitamin B's & iron, and trying to eat proteins to prevent that.

No other news here.
              Have a good day.

🌵
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Well it is still morning here. Waiting for Kenny to drag himself out of bed so I can go pick up my meds. Dentist gave me antibiotics because she said there was lots of infection in my gums. Only one tooth had a long root and the rest came out without problem. Jostoy, don't know how long it will be before I can get new teeth. Dentist that pulled mine will not do any that are paid for by a state plan. She used to do them but said they are so low quality that she doesn't want her name connected to them in anyway. My insurance isn't considered medicaid but is a state subsidized plan the stuff that is covered is the same and everything goes through the same process. Looks like I will now have a cane to use when walking, have been telling the pain dr and my pcp that my leg just suddenly gives out on me, and so I walk as close to solid objects as I can, so that if it does there is something I can reach out to steady myself with. They neither one seemed to pay attention, yesterday when going into the exam room, leg gave out and I had to catch the door frame, dr was standing in the hall and saw me, so now he wants me to use a cane incase it happens and I'm not close enough to catch myself on something.

Talked to Maryanne this morning, first thing she asked was if I took Kenny to the hospital, seems she called Tues while I was laying down after getting the teeth all pulled, and he told her that he was wanting to go to the hospital but couldn't because of me getting the teeth pulled. told her that he really wasn't wanting to go cause he hasn't said a word to me about it, really I wish he would go in for a few days so I could sit stuff out in the yard and try to make a bit of money. Things that he has no idea are here and would never miss, but if he sees will insist he wants to keep.

Comment

Determine, are there any "Dental Schools" near you? In T.H. there is a school that teaches them how to make dentures and partials, and the price for teeth are very reasonable. I had a partial that kept breaking and my Dentist sent it over to them about 5 years ago and I haven't had any more problems with it.
                  Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• determined
                    determined commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm not sure, since everything is still up in the air as far as the house goes which means I may be in IL, I can't even check around up here yet. Actually doing without the teeth doesn't bother me a lot, having the ones I had and them hurting all the time did bother me.
                    This way they are all out, can't get infected anymore and having to deal with them because of not being able to afford going to a dentist.

Aloha all!

((((((((Darla))))))))

Comment

Working...
                  X