X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 13th June..

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

Early bird get the worm..And it will be another "HOT"..day..

My heart go out to the family who lost there live to the shooting in Orlando...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

good sunny Morning all be it cool.....51 and climbing!.

Having dawn come so early.. I wake ,thinking it is 7am .. and its only 5....could not get back to sleep . ..if it were warm I would be setting on the deck with coffee in hand.. listening to the birds!...

praying my heart out that this will be a good day for son Mike in Colorado..

going to make a call to an orthopedic doctor today , get appointment for later this summer.. ... have a Knee checkup..

Hi SassyG...what a sweet picture..

hi to all. be back later ..

Hi Justy.
    ~~~~Paula
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maye..Thank-you...

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been praying for them for weeks. I KNOW it could get messy and scary. I'd have 911 on speed dial just incase.

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday was a really pretty day.

Yesterday was good. Got my bills paid & checkbooks balanced and all my laundry done. Then took Blaise down to the pool to play while I did all the maintenance cleaning stuff. FINALLY clear enough to see the bottom...yea! Then took him back down after dinner. Kathy ask what I was making for dinner & I told her it was my day off & it was each for his own. Her & Jimmy went to an URGENT CARE and both were dx with bronchitis. I was a bit miffed at her for something and they eventually left and didn't come back...fine by me.

This morning Blaise & I are heading up to see Becca and exchange vehicles. Then on the way back, I'm switching vehicles with Cork at his work place since his needs inspected. It was suppose to get done right after he got done with work but he forgot he has to work a 9 hr day instead of an 8 hr day starting today. So I'm getting his car & getting it to the garage earlier. Not sure what I'll do with my afternoon. I'm hoping to get that front room organized and all concession stand supplies stashed away until next year. They've already said they want me again if I'm available. It's suppose to be a really nice day, so I'll take Blaise down swimming and maybe even brave it myself. It's just that initial 5 minutes in the water that gets me.

Well, best get dressed & out the door to start this day.

Comment

Good Morning, and Maye I so agree, "if it was warmer I would be sitting on the deck with coffee" a chilly one here also...such weird weather. And I also hope things go smoothly for your son Mike in the removal of said stepson.

Sassy love the graphic, love the message it has even better..it is a crying shame what happened in FL, my heart and prayers go out to victims, families, etc. crazy times and world we are living in. Speaking of worms, we were at a shelter house for the graduation party and above in the loft was a swallow nest with four little ones and the parents were flying back and forth all day feeding these little ones, they had their heads up and mouths open constantly...

Was a very hot day on Saturday, thank gosh we had the shelter house and a nice breeze or it would have been unbearable, I was not feeling the greatest when I woke up on Sat. morning, so it was a long day for me...after a shower and a good nights sleep I felt much better Sunday morning when I woke up..after getting up and getting the motorhome ready to leave we took it by his Grandfathers house who is 91 and let him see it, he was amazed by it, they use to have a camper years ago...and he couldn't believe how far things have come in what they put in these homes..

Got back home around 4:00 p.m. got things unloaded and put away, and hubby went out to mow and I fixed supper...spent the rest of the evening just relaxing..also giving the spoiled cats the attention they were wanting/begging for...

Today I will pick hubby up at his workplace and head to visitation for his first cousin on his Mom's side of the family, she was only 42, leaves behind a husband and three sons, also parents, and two siblings, she had leukemia and last year had a bone marrow transplant, was doing great, was taking care of her niece in the afternoons, when the niece got there she found her unresponsive but alive, so they called 911, she was life flighted to the cancer hospital were she was put on a vent, after 24 hrs. they did testing and there was no brain activity, they gave it another 24hrs. same result, they unplugged and within minutes she was gone..so very sad. We wil not be able to attend the funeral tomorrow as I have a Pet Scan at 10:00 but have to be there earlier and not allowed to drive afterward for 8 hrs. so hubby will have to take me.. Won't know any results of testing of the thyroid or pet scan until Friday...

Well I need to do some laundry and do a few things here before getting my shower and heading to pick up the hubby....Have a great day one and all..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Boffler,thank-you..I did too...
        It is shame too..In FL...

Morning all

Another busy weekend in tourist land is over. YAY! Two down and six more to go.

I was off yesterday and spent most of the day on the couch watching Netflix. Just couldn't find the energy to do much. Did manage to make a homemade chocolate cream pie, but we had leftovers for dinner. Today I have a London broil marinating in zesty Italian dressing which we will throw on the grill for supper.

Otherwise, not much new in our world. Y'all have a good 'un.
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning from CA. This week is going to be different from last week as my two school boys are both on vacation. The one school girl will be here and we will see how it all goes. I think I will let her make cookies...
        I didn't turn on tv yesterday morning so I didn't hear anything about the attack in Florida until I opened my iPad at church and saw a message from my nephew in law that he was safe. ..so, of course, I flipped to CNN app and saw. He and my niece are both employed by Disney and I am sure security must have been on high alert there.
        Prayers are all I can give from this distance. I just kept thinking last night of the sadness in so many homes ...
        I took some of those banana nut muffins to a friend after church. She is having a rough time. Her father and brother recently passed away ( within a week of each other) and it is a hard time for her.
        Winds have blown away to somewhere else so after I skim the leaves out of the pool, I am swimming after daycare.
        Take care and stay well. Hope you all have a good day!

Comment

Good morning my car is being sold today..I have mixed emotions about it but for the most part am fine with it....kicking myself...my mother is having surgery this morning and I forgot to set an alarm to be awake before she had to go to the hospital and I can't get ahold of anyone to know anything about times other than she had to be at the hospital at 830. Its out patient surgery..more flattening and tiding up from her double masectomy because she has chosen to not have reconstructive surgery. They are saying she will have drains again this time but not nearly as long... that was the thing she hated the most!!

Running serveral errands on the bus today meaning I will be gone the biggest part of the day...cashing check...going to walmart...going to a 2nd hand store...getting groceries last then coming home...planning to cook yummy supper and a pan of brownies welcoming my new neighbors back to the neighborhood.

Comment

Good Morning, waiting for a call from the dentist office but it prob won't be until this afternoon. Talked to Kenny's son yesterday, didn't know that he had called and left a message on the machine, seems Kenny was up and just ignored the call and deleted the message. When he got up again I told him that Chris wanted him to call and he informed me that if he wanted to talk to him he would have answered the phone when he called the first time. I had a chat with Chris's wife on facebook, she knows where I'm coming from. Chris has somewhat of Kenny's temper, and when you put the two of them together with any conflict it is like throwing gas on a fire. Told Chicky and Chris both that I know where Chris is coming from, but that we all know that if he shows up here Kenny will call the police and Chris don't need to be in jail up here. Another of Kenny's cut your nose off to spite your face things.

Yes to those of you who asked, I have food here for myself, in fact I find myself grazing and have gained to much weight, don't fix a real meal just for me, but find myself grabbing something everytime I walk through the kitchen and stuffing my face. I know he isn't going to starve but truthfully he can't afford to loose weight he already looks like someone from a concentration camp.

Comment

• boffler
              boffler commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh my Darla, Kenny is not an easy man to deal with for sure...I would have been out the door long ago. Sounds like he and the son are cut from the same cloth, dangerous situation and very, very sad.

Good morning everyone.

Got nearly all the things done at the Lake that I intended to get done. Learned a lot about electricity that I really didn't want to know. The guy doing the job was teaching me, but I told him I was afraid of electricity, and I had no intentions of doing electrical work. I was helping him with tools and such, so he proceeded to tell me the whys of everything. He did a very good job and was almost a perfectionist in his work. Took 2 days to run all the new line and ground rod and wire. Got the electric company to come out Thursday afternoon and hook me up. Just in time for the heat and humidity Friday.

After the guy roofed my shed, which only took 1 hour, I later put on the new corner pieces which had dry rotted. When I was trying to hammer out the nails of the old pieces, I fell backwards leaving a lot of arm and leg skin on the tree line at the back of my lot. I bled like a stuck hog. After I got the bleeding stopped, I quit for the day. When I got up Friday morning, I knew I had hurt my back as the pain was bad. Think I pulled a muscle. So I went to Effingham to keep from working.
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
              boffler commented
              Editing a comment
              Jo you are a danger to yourself!! Remember you don't have a back up plan for anyone to take care of you!! So behave yourself!!! I sure hope you have had your shots!!

Good morning, everyone.
            I'm not my early-bird self any more, I have noticed. I seem to need more sleep these days.
            It's a sunny 76° out right now, but will go to 97° today.
            I have 2 PT sessions this week, my last one being next week. The Oncologist switched my appointment day to Friday this week......I agreed to that because I want to stay on his good side. That man has so many meetings to attend, though.

E bought my birthday iPad ..... It's a big sucker! I sure won't strain my eyes on that. He wants me to go choose a cover for it after today's PT, then he'll set it up for me. I might pick up some new exercise pants, if I find a pair that fits people instead of skeletons. Mine need replacing, as either I have skinnied down when I wasn't looking, or they've somehow stretched. I wonder if they have tunic type tops, as I need them for the coming 6 months...

Not much else new here.

Jostoy! OMG!!! Have you seen a doctor about that fall and the cuts? Are you up to date on tetanus shots?
            Pat, your dinner sounds good. What time should we come over??? 😉
            Sassy, I love the kitty and the message. Thanks for that.
            Maye, & everyone else ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Have a great day!
            🌵
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              JoGee,Thank-you..Any time...

Finally got our heat and they finally got the pool up Saturday night. I am a little miffed at them because it is not level. We worked...me too...to level it and then Jon decided at 10:30 Saturday night to move the frame so the pump would be in another place and they half a$$ed leveled it back up. They had to have water in it! So the kids swam from 9:00 yesterday morning until mid afternoon. Andrew is so brown already and Sierra looks the color of a marsh mellow. Two kids so different! I cannot get into it until they have different stairs. Jon put up a 14 foot round pool and I need steps with a rail. I took a tumble during the digging phase and wacked my shoulder on the ground. Sore enough to tell me to stay away from the construction. Once I get my knee in shape I have a slip from some PT...doctor hopes it will give me more balance. Saturday Drew was standing on the rockers of my antique rocker and one broke. I was just sick. Sierra was heart broken because she had ask for that rocker a long time ago. It held up pretty good for being over 100 years old and was the chair my dad always sat in because it was easier for him to get up. Maybe we can get it repaired...oh well, such is life and I could not make a big deal out of it in front of Andrew Because the look on his face told me he was sorry. Jon is on vacation for the next two weeks but I would be willing to bet he is in the pool because I do not hear the lawn mower. There are so many yard projects plus the cleaning up of the pool mess. The boys took down the play set to make room for the pool and it needs to be burned. We are having a big salad with chicken for supper tonight and Andrew will have left over hot dogs from the grill. But probably not until late....he's gotta swim first. 3 more ball games this week but think two are early. An hours drive for a late game is to late for me. Well, better go check my laundry...everyone had a suit that needed washing plus towels and then they actually had the nerve to wear clothes too. We missed the storm and only got the wind and cooler temps that blew in. My kind of a storm!

Comment

• determined
              determined commented
              Editing a comment
              Maxie, I know that the standing on rockers are things that kids will do. Mom had her rocking chair and if kids wanted yelled at or swatted standing on the rockers was a fast way to get it. She would give a warning the first time, second time came a swat. Maybe you should talk to Andrew about how you know he is sorry but that is a bad thing that can happen when you don't think about what you are doing.

Aloha all!

Nice day here.

Comment

I hoped my new iPad would have the "comment" feature, but no.
              Maxie, check and see if there's a good carpenter there who can repair the rocker. I'm sure it can be done. (I wish I could send my son to do it..... He was a wizard with wood. A natural talent with him.). You might find a good carpenter there, but be sure to check work he has done beforehand.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X