• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ June 5

Greetings!

Sunshine here in NE Texas. Wahoo!

No news. Nothing to share.

Have a beautiful Sunday.

good morning ,,, been up a LONG time already... David and KD sounded like they were having a party in the living room.!... Mark popped in about 6am.. coffee ,conversation.. was windy, and feels like rain blowing in..on the Deck ,so coffee had to be served in the house...now David and cat are both sleeping again. while I have showered. will work on hair in a bit..

No news Elaine?... not fixing dinner today?.. .. hoping David wants to go out.. and then I will devote the rest of the day to reading .. as I did yesterday.. .not reading anything that "sticks".. I will have forgotten the plots 10 min after I finish... but keeps my mind off of worrisome things...

will be back later to read what all of you have done or planning to do today.. ~~~~~
    (Hi Paula and Justy)
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning...Nice sunny day here. Went to see pulmonary doctor Friday. He said I wasn't taking enough medicine for the COPD so prescribed another inhaler and a pill. Hope something helps soon as I won't have enough hours in the day to do all the inhalers and pills! LOL Need to schedule some blood work and see reg. dr. For some reason I just like to postpone doing so.

Have a good day all.

Comment

Good Morning...so glad to see that Elaine is getting some sunshine, been way to much rain in Texas..

Justy, I also have a pulmonary Dr., not as bad off as you, but do have two inhalers, one a rescue inhaler, one medicated..Have seen people with COPD on oxygen and like the commercial can only go as far as the tubing allows...had a friend that lived like that..and this weather can affect the breathing for sure...humid, mold, pollen, etc. I have the worst problem with mold..

Janet, I have done reading like that, reading but nothing sinking in..reread, and reread and still not sticking because my mind is somewhere else..wet morning on the deck here, but I do believe I see the sun peeking out.

Well hubby put the boat up for sale on Thursday and yesterday it is gone, sold..We want to get something a little smaller, easier to handle..had not used the boat since being back here in Ohio, don't have rivers as close here as we did in IL...also had more stone hauled in for driveway to pole barn, and hubby is finally building my fire pit in backyard..I got my grocery list and grocery shopping done yesterday, glad to have that out of the way..hoping to finally catch up on some housekeeping this week...I have been on a good role lately but last week was nothing but Drs. appts. and such it seemed..

Ordered me some more clothes for summer, still trying to fill my closet after emptying it out, LOL
        It has cooled down here today, only 67 degrees right now, but 100% humidity which I do not like..
        Haven't seen Pat here in awhile, see her on Facebook from time to time..hope she drops by..and so many others that are falling by the wayside...miss the good times and laughs when more would come by.

Well time to get this day started and fix some breakfast...Have a good day one and all...and remember, always find something positive in a negative situation..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning.
          It's bright and sunny out today, and going a degree hotter.
          As of yesterday afternoon, my ankle pain is back. I'm dealing with it.
          Absolutely nothing going on here today. Nothing planned.

Hope you all have a great day.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• boffler
            boffler commented
            Editing a comment
            JoG, what kind of antibiotic do they have you on...When they put me on Levaquin that is exactly what happens to me, it swells, gets really red, can barely walk, at first they tested me for all kinds of forms of arthritis, lupus, etc. until I made the connection myself..it affected other joints as well...if you are on an antibiotic read the side effects.

Good morning, all. Up early as I get up with the sun no matter when I go to bed.

Nothing planned for the day except my cholesterol fix, Pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Maybe a small glass of OJ since I have some in the fridge.

You all take care.

Comment

It is a nice quiet morning. A little muggy but sunny. Our fans are great and the new air conditioner and insulation are fantastic.
            Sharon, around here a good boat sells right away, too. With the lakes around us and the river you see boats being towed all the Time. We have never had one ourselves, but have gone with friends often.
            I made a chicken enchilada casserole yesterday. Took half to Barbata's husband and son and split the other half with a friend of Becky's who has degenerative chronic RA. Becky made two pies: cream cheese lemonade. No bake but they had to set up so we are taking them today. Hopefully, Barbara gets to come home today from the hospital.
            Church this morning and then just a quiet afternoon.
            Hope you all have a good day!

Comment

Good morning...Is Pat hiding?

Plan for the day is a bike ride to the grocery store for a food once I decide what I want...
              A nap or rest
              Work tonight

Comment

Good Morning, no idea what will be today. I don't know what was going on yesterday but one minute I was freezing and the next I was on fire. so most of the day was spent in the recliner either wrapped in the blanket or throwing it off and drinking ice water. Then the foot cramps set in, so rubbed them down with my "magic" cream from the pain dr. It doesn't have a name, well the name is a bunch of letters strung together, dr refers to it as 7 something or other because it is a mixture of 7 different things that are for pain, it has to be special ordered from a small lab close to here, mixed the same day it is ordered and shipped UPS the next day. Hopefully all goes well Tues and I get the shot in my back, which really helped with the foot and leg cramps. Have to wait til tomorrow for the hospital to call and tell me when the appointment is (done in their out patient area) Also to find out if I need to take the pills the Dr gave me and take them before hand or if they will do it the way they did last time and give me something there. He gave me the pills to relax me before hand because he was going to do it in the office but for some reason it had to be changed to the hospital.

Comment

Slept in so very late today! Those little white pills have finally given me some relief and I can roll over in bed without waking up. Baseball game this evening at 6 but no plans to leave the house for me before then. Haven't even looked at the schedule for next weeks games. Nothing new, no food cuz I never went to the grocery store. Haven't even listened to the news to know the weather. What have I been doing? Good question...

Comment

Nope. Not hiding. Just nothing to say. School is out and everything is peaceful in our world. We are currently looking for a smaller place to rent - but not having any luck.

Hope you all are well.
                    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning! It's raining here this morning. Yesterday was cloudy all day, but no rain until late.

Yesterday was good. It was the last concession stand for this year. Sold a ton of drinks. My brother went and bought 3 more cases of water. Didn't sell as much food as normal to the kids because they had pizza & drinks for them after their game(s). Still did well though. Enough to get the two vehicles registered & inspected for PA. It's only been a year that it's needed done since the move. Came home, put whatever needed put away in the refrigerator, and then collapsed.

Yesterday Corky followed Becca up and helped her move into her dump...oh, I mean apt. I told Corky it's only for 6 mos and she'll survive. It's a learning experience. She sent me pics of her room. I called her this morning and she slept well in her new bed. Now she'll only be about 15 minutes from work instead of 50 minutes.

Not sure what today will bring, but I think a nap is in my near future. Will go play cards this evening with my Mom & SIL.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Aloha all!

All is well here too. Nice day, but will stay inside and work on a sewing project I am doing. Making a new arm chair caddy as my old one is falling apart. Hope it'll work.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Sharon, my antibiotic, which I'm now done with, is a big green horse pill called KEFLEX, among other names.
                          It had brought the swelling down (along with LASIX). The inflammation area is not brighter, but a darker red, but that's shrunk down some. No change in pain, though.

In 2 weeks if there's no significant change, I get an ultra sounds on that leg......seems the X-Ray techs either forgot to do that leg, or else lost the pictures.
                          Last edited by JoGee; 06-05-2016, 06:23 PM.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                          X