• May ~ 31 ~ National Macaroon Day!

Or if you prefer,
    National Meditation Day!
    Save Your Hearing Day!
    Speak in Complete Sentences Day!
    What You Think Upon Grows Day!
    Or
    World No Tobacco Day!

Looks like we can all find something here to celebrate.

No news. Therapist coming at 8. Blood check for John at 10.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by ladyebug; 05-31-2016, 05:20 AM.

Good morning evryone..

Rise nd shine everyone..

This is one cute pic....
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes cute, I love Kit Kats...

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very cute...Me too..

Good Morning...got the dishwasher unloaded this morning, need to get busy on some house chores, then get ready to leave and go for a scan of the chest...this is a new preventative scan they are doing for ex smokers who have quit for so many years to see if there is any cancer cells or anything abnormal present...I can't remember how long it has been for sure, but around 10 yrs. ago. Insurance pays for it and pulmonary Dr. has really wanted me to get it done...

Had a wonderful weekend, son and his girlfriend down yesterday for cookout, then we took a drive around our town showing her the sights and places we once lived during his growing up years...hard to see a house you once loved and cared for so much look like a 'slum lord' house now...kind of funny we went by a large piece of concrete that we had made with all our initials on it, it is still there...then after Brian & Vicky left we got in the pool and lounged around for awhile, the sun was not hitting the pool so it was safe for me to get in. Water was so relaxing, nice finish to a great day.

Hoping to get things done a little at a time, like the kitchen cabinets, removing things and cleaning the cabinets..one cabinet at a time...

Well I wish you all good news, good days, good times, and love in your hearts....always find a reason to smile...((((((hugs)))))))
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning, don't know what today will bring.

Nalani, my BIL refused to allow anything with Jane Fonda be watched in his house. In fact he had a roll of toilet paper with her face on every sheet. I have to wonder how Henry felt about her actions. I'm not sure how long my BiL was in VietNam since it was before he and my sister were married. He was the highest decorated Marine from So IL but we didn't know that until someone did a story about him, he never talked about things that happened over there, oh he would talk about some of the silly stuff but never any of the bad or never any of the things he did to win the medals. The only way we know any of it is from some of the guys he served with

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Elaine, I prefer National Macaroon Day. I love to eat those things, but then I love anything coconut.

Yesterday was spent outside until I had spent all my energy up. I cleaned the back patio, raked the "dead twirlers" up between the shed and my privacy fence. Weed eated then and raked some more. After all the "hard work" was done, then I started working on my fountains. The one in the back wouldn't work so I cut the electric cord off and cleaned it up to take over to the Lake to use as a birdbath. Then the pump for the big fountain was all clogged with spider nests. Finally got that all cleaned out and got the fountain working. By that time I was pooped, so I quit for the day.

Today I will be going out to help my friend mow. The grass isn't so high this week so should be able to get it mowed in about 2 1/2 hours. Last week I had to re-mow the spot a couple of times where the apple tree had fallen. That was where I was at when I got the call to head to Fort Wayne, so my friend's son help her cut the tree down and remove it to the burn pile. Think we may have to burn the pile sooner this year as the tree really filled up the burn spot.

Maybe I'll get to clean my house if nothing else comes up that needs my attention or help.

Everyone have a good day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday was perfect. It's helping warm up that cold pool water.

Yesterday was nice. I puttered in the kitchen cooking and making up dessert trays of cookies & cupcakes. Sent some off with my girls and took some to the picnic at my SIL's Mom's. My Mom and brother Ray came over here & went up with us.

Well this morning hasn't had such a good start. Had the morning bus driver call me over. Apparently lil boys aren't suppose to have collectible stones and flowers. I'm sure he's not all innocent, but we'll now have to do a pocket check before he gets on the bus. Stuff like this rattles me. I want to quit the whole parent thing. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. I know have to take the water to the pool place and have it tested.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning..volunteering today...picking up a frozen pizza this evening..

I was finally able to sit down with my supervisor myself this week and she explained everything to me! I also go to learn to stock this weekend! I won't be getting anymore hours for a while and she explained everything...it turns out that everyone that has been there for a while got a raise...well she only gets so much money to pay people to work in her store on a weekly basis, the money she makes comes off first..then the assistant and so on down the line...she ended up needing to cut some hours and I was the one that it was easiest to take them from.. I am going to stay there for now and learn what I can because it will help me in future jobs

Comment

Oh, cookie, I raised little boys and stuff in their pockets is normal. AND a rock in their pocket is so much better than finding something green and wiggley or brown and dead! Still bothered with my knee so haven't done much around here. Laundry is high since the steps are so much bother. Had the sonagram to my knee last week so waiting for results...seems doctor is on vacation. How nice for him! It is raining and Andrew has another game tonight in danger of being cancelled. The cancelled games do not bother me but those makeup games are such an inconvenience! Yesterday was beautiful and in the 90's. I probably sat ing the sun more that I should but it felt so good. Plenty of sun on my head yesterday! Need to make a hair appointment first thing this morning. Since we are working at sprucing up the front porch I have a few ideas I want to look at for landscaping. I see a do it yourself project coming up ....as long as sons back holds up my ideas keep flowing!

Comment

• cookielady
                cookielady commented
                Editing a comment
                I know...boys and dirty stuff go hand in hand, but being a rule-following, quiet-lil-boy, and sitting still are just not him. He's not ADHD by any means, just a lil boy who likes attention and to lead.

Good morning.
              The power went out on a controlled brown out for 16 homes and I was one of the lucky ones. Then an hour later it went totally off. Till 1:00 when the bedside light woke me up...my neighbor had come over when it browned out to tell me to u p,ugh my electronics so nothing died because of the power surge when it came back on.
              Kind of slow starting this morning. We are expecting the 100's starting today.
              I passed my CPR First Aid test and now I am good for another two years. After going over all the stuff that can happen to kids I almost don't want to do this...how I feel every two years!
              Have a good day, and hope all that therapy and medical appointments go well!

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
                I'll try to speak in complete sentences today. I know I'm guilty of clipping a word or two off sentences sometimes.
                Today not a whole lot is going on. E plans to vac & mop the whole house today. I will spend the time in the bedroom reading, practicing my PT exercises for tomorrow, and whatever else will keep me out of his way.

Sassy, I love the cute "Kit Kat" picture. It's my favorite candy bar, too, if it has dark chocolate!
                Sharon, good luck on the test.....better safe than sorry, right? It sounds like you had a perfect holiday.
                Jostoy, you tired me out, just reading about all you did!
                Cookie, yes little boys have stones, strings, and all manner of treasures in their pockets. Some girls do, too.
                Beth, it's good that you got that talk with your supervisor. It's not fair that she cut your hours so much, though. She could have cut less hours among more people and evened it out.
                Maxie, I hope the sonogram reveals something minor needs to be done. E would like to do some landscaping here, but it will be in stones and rocks. Without constant care, all the plants die in our yard. The ground is caliche, not soil.
                Hi Darla, and all who follow.
                Have a very good day.
                🌺

Hey, Paula, it looks like we were typing together.
                Last edited by JoGee; 05-31-2016, 09:56 AM.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                  sassygirl01 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank-you...Me too...I love Chocolate too..

Good morning, all. Bright and sunny today with high of 97º this afternoon. So far the heat isn't bothering me as much as last year nor the allergies, either.
                Mmmm! Coconut Macaroons! Thanks for calling that to my attention. I have everything to make them, coconut and egg whites.
                My grandma used to make a sort of macaroon with saltines and sweetened condensed milk but I can't remember if they had coconut
                Just having a cup of coffee. Tea just didn't do it for me today. Maybe that's because I woke at 3:00 and couldn't get back asleep.

Neighbor offered to drive me to PT tomorrow since my sis has to go with her fellow to get an epidural in his lower back and I will call Dial-a-Ride on Friday. New bus driver on our route, I think, at least on the morning run. She was being trained on the last time I took the bus.

Got my kitchen mopped yesterday. Good thing it's small so I had to take only break but it still doesn't look very clean to me. Think I may have to strip it again.

That's all for now. Have a good one.

Comment

Aloha all!

They make very good macaroons here. Wonder if the chef knows about National Macaroon day. Hope so, as I would love to see them in the pile of fresh cookies they make every day.

Darla, my husband was the same way. Never talked about the bad things.

Nice day here and after I go for my walk in a bit have no idea what the rest of the day will bring.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Mm! Just popping back in to say I love macaroons and especially the ones with the base dipped in chocolate! Luckily, I am not around any bakery or restaurant that serves them.
                    One thing I forgot to mention about yesterday. Our tradition is Baskin Robbins to kick off the summer and when we went in they now offer ice cream sandwiches made with your choice of cookies and ice cream! My favorite flavor of all time is Baseball Nut...so, one white chocolate macadamia cookie, one chocolate fudge chip cookie with the ice cream.
                    And now that I typed it I think I did post later last night, but it is so good....bears repeating!😉
                    And one other note: don't even Think about praying for Patience because everything starts Trying it! From the phone calls to my crazy schedule and daycare computer stuff: Ugh.
                    So this is me, being patient and saying thanks for the moment with you all!

Comment

Thanks, Paula. Now I want an ice cream sandwich. Haven't had one in ages.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                      X