Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ May 22

Hello - Hello!

Is anyone up and about? Well, I am. Had to get out of the CPM machine. Therapist coming at 8, so I need to be geared up and ready.

Ribs, potato salad, baked beans on the menu for today.

Other than that, nothing.

Have a great day!

Good morning! Layde I wish I was coming to your house to eat!! I love ribs! Maybe when I am home in July my mom will make some to share with a friend...

Small group this morning...not sure about the rest of the day!

Comment

Good morning, Elaine.

I'm up and have the checkbook balanced again. That is something I have to do when I get back from any "outing" as I don't carry the checkbook with me.

Got the camper moved in at the Lake, so I can stop staying in the Best Western each time I go over. Got the yard raked and mowed so I was a very tired "puppy" when I got home last night. Now to get the shed from here moved over there. Hopefully that can be done before it rains Thursday and Friday. The guy couldn't do it tomorrow and I don't think I'll be available Tuesday, so that leaves only Wednesday.

Today SS and Church. After that.....rest and more rest. Everyone have a good one.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

good ,damp morning .

you can Rest for me Jostoy... gonna be a busy one today around here... two major things going on... Gd.Bethany baton recital.. will take up my entire afternoon... David and Mike will be in charge of getting organized for another get together of family this evening ..... my kids like each other and will be getting in one more visit with Mike.. plus wifes and assorted children ( grown kids now).. too bad the weather turned cooler and wetter.. or the deck would be the place to be... but will switch and have everyone downstairs like we do at Christmas.. ( I said THAT word!)... the recital will be over around 5pm. and I will be home shortly after to supervise.. ..... but no nap.. ...

I agree Beth,, sounds like good dinner at Elaines..

this will be short .. got things to get done this forenoon. and time flies.. see you later.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning to all....the sun is coming up and shining so pretty, so good to see...yesterday was a nice day, a little breezy and not much sun, but got a lot done...went shopping for more 'stuff' I wanted planted outside, and hubby got a lot of that planted, and found the trellis that I wanted for clematis, even though it will take years before they will get that big...burning bushes planted, Rose of Sharon's planted, I got the flowers for my pots for on each side of the garage door and the pots and got those made, and a few pots made for the deck and porches...still need to find my hanging baskets..I want to find two large Autumn blaze Maples to plant out in the front yard, yes we bought a tree farm but I am picky about the trees I want in my yard, LOL..hopefully the ground is dry enough out in the garden to get it planted today, was to wet yesterday. Got to start breakfast and get this day started..

Let's all go to Elaine's for dinner! Jostoy glad you got your trailer set in...Maye have a wonderful day with family...

Off to get this day started, first I must get dressed...have a great day one and all..
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning! ☀️
            Yum!!! To Elaine's it is!

Sharon, your yard must be beautiful! Trees won't grow on the west side of our house, for some reason. I love trees, and would plant a few more if I could.

Maye, you're so lucky to have family with you all weekend. No doubt they are all spoiling you. 😄

Jostoy, if you can bottle that energy of yours, if buy a six-pack!

Nothing much new going on here. So I'll just wish you all a great day.

🌺
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I have decided that I will probably sit on my back padio on the pic nic table with tablet and read after I come home from small group. Or sit out with coloring books and color.

Comment

Good Afternoon! The sun keeps TRYING to shine, but there are lots of clouds. Yesterday was just a cloudy miserable wet cold day....blah!

Yesterday my energy just was gone. I did do up the laundry and made a pan of scalloped potatoes with a layer of ham. I took part of it over to Aunt J's for their dinner. I called & invited my Mom over for dinner, but she was fighting a cold and didn't want to come out in the dampness. She is also going to the baton recital and wanted to feel good for that. I actually spent the evening reading once Blaise went to bed.

This morning I went to eat my cereal only to find out I forgot to go get milk yesterday, so after church I headed into town and did my Monday grocery shopping on Sunday at Aldi's. Not sure what the rest of my day will bring. I had hoped to meet with a childhood friend, but I never heard back from her. May just relax today. Probably play some more UNO with Blaise. We play that a couple times a day.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Usually I am out the door by now, but I wanted to read and post here.
                  Elaine, I agree: set another place at the table! Luckily, I have a great place to buy smoked ribs, chicken and tri-tip.
                  Church and not much more on the agenda..
                  Yesterday, Becky baked a banana sheet cake with browned butter frosting and I took a few pieces over a friend and then we took a big piece to the hospital where my friend's dad is...he gets to go home today and it was ok to bring him the cake. We asked first.
                  Pedicures went great! It was an all around relaxing day.
                  I saw some of the hockey game yesterday with SL and the Sharks. Also watched the Preakness. My mom is a die hard fan of the big three horse races...
                  Have a good day and hope your sun shines! Ours is out and the robins are singing away!

Comment

Good late morning, all. Lovely day here, too. Getting a slow start today. I got up around 6:00 but sat and drank my tea and read my book. I must have been on some pretty strong meds when I read it before. Didn't remember reading it but I started getting to scenes that I do remember but I still don't remember the end so I kept on reading. Sure did miss most of it. ??? Strange.

Ribs sound lovely, of course I don't have any right now but my favorite store has them and beef short ribs on special this week so will get some of both tomorrow when I go for PT. Remember when short ribs were considered a bargain meat? Now they cost as much a some steak most of the time.
                    I want to make the Chinese ribs like Joyce and I made at Cookies Round Up to take to potluck .................If I don't eat them myself first.

Have a good one all.

Comment

• Paula A
                      Paula A commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What is the sale price on your short ribs? I love cooking them, but they are high!
                      My mom used to make some really good meals with them and we were on a budget...why did they go up?

Aloha all!

Good idea, Boffler, that we all go join Elaine and John for ribs. And if Maye comes maybe she can bring her Birthday cake that Donna made her for our dessert. Wouldn't that be fun.

Beautiful day out today with Blue sky, blue ocean, and green trees. Really enjoyed my walk around the outside of the building.

Aloha, all!

Comment

Working...
                    X