Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ May 19

Good Morning, Everyone.

I am back home after having knee replacement on Monday. Today physical therapy is coming for first of 10 days for inhome.

Got plenty to do, so I had better get going.

Have a great day!

Oops, I guess we were typing together. Will you merge our posts, please?

I hope you're feeling well after the surgery. Enjoy your PT!
    Last edited by JoGee; 05-19-2016, 05:52 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning Ladyebug and JoG as well as others who stop by.

I know you will be happy without all that pain that a bad knee can put out. JoG, I hope that your blood work will come back all good. I can't give you any "advice" on any of your surgery and care afterwards. I've not had to go through anything like that, but sure you and Ellis will work all your problems out.

Will be going to Vinncenes today so I don't have to work around here. Still wore out from the past 2 weeks. Stress can really get a person down as well as create more problem with my "inherited" problem.

Everyone have a good day.

JoG, just read your post for today. Saw where you already know about your blood work and all.
      Last edited by jostoy; 05-19-2016, 06:22 AM.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Morning all

Same old, same old here. Gearing up for summer - I will work EVERY Saturday and every other Sunday. BLAH!

Y'all have a good 'un!
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning....still don't know anymore about my job...

Today is the day that I am going to spend at the zoo...with the group I signed up to go on outings with ....I am looking forward to it...

Still have bad issues with ear pain....headed to the doctor in the morning...

Comment

Good morning ..

I must be somewhere in my own real time world. I missed seeing your were going for knee surgery Elaine.. and missed seeing you were home Jostoy.
            I missed seeing your results JoG.. this real-time world sure messes with my invisible friends world...

I post late last evening on yesterdays Family about our trip to see David's sister Bonny. for any of you who want to read ....now we just wait and see if she snaps out of it yet again.

D. was to have heart dr appt .. but I had moved it ahead a month just in case .. but now we have the day open... and I have no energy or desire to do anything else...

but i better push out of this chair and at least make another cup of coffee.. take some pills.
            Sharon , hope you are feeling great today.
            Bethina, same for you ... and did you get your work problem solved?
            Hi Sassygirl
            JoG. will go find your older post and read how you are doing .

Jostoy... I think stress makes a person even tireder... so get a little extra rest .. ( I just have to nag someone ,, and your it today ).

time for that coffee. see you later
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning....
              Wow Elaine I must have missed you telling us you were having a knee replacement or in my forgetfulness I had forgotten about it, I do remember telling someone that I hope they had the same kind of replacement that Jostoy had...glad everything went well...and continues to get better each day.

JoG, you and Ellis keep on keeping on, you will get it all figured out.

jostoy I am very much aware of what stress can do to a person, it takes awhile for it to calm down for sure...and I hope the 'inherited' problem settles down for you also. Just don't push yourself to hard.

Dr. appt. went good yesterday, makes me glad I more or less have him as a back up Dr. now with the Crohn's, I saw the report from the Dr. in MI were she bluntly told him that I had been under treated and she was going aggressively!!! And when I mentioned a 'steton' he had no clue what that was...so he may be board certified but I feel he no longer keeps up with new and advanced treatments..Hoping the Crohn's stay settled so I can enjoy a summer for once in a very, very long time.

I think tonight we will finally be able to plant some flower bulbs that I have and hoping this weekend to be able to start some planting of my garden...maybe last weekend was the last cold snap...Not much else happening here...

Pat working every Sat. the whole summer stinks, LOL but it happens a lot in the work world.

Have a great day one and all, the sun is shining and hoping soon to be able to open some windows....

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning! It's a sunny one & I'm lovin' it!

Elaine...I don't remember either, but hope you have a speedy recovery.

Yesterday was spent in the kitchen. Since my cousin Karen was Aunt J's ride out to see Bonny, I had to deliver their dinner and put it in the refrigerator. So I got it all done early since it didn't have to be warm. Then I had to cook a second dinner since Corky wouldn't eat anything I made for Karen's crew. I told them no more cooking for the next couple of days since we have all kinds of leftovers that need eaten.

Got a call from a "neighbor" down the highway who raises chickens & sells the eggs. I offered them all my empty egg cartons I've been saving. She brought me up a "sample" dozen of eggs. They were all different colors....pink, blue (looked gray to me), tan, & brown. Did you know that different colored hens lay different colored eggs? I didn't. So I ask who lays all the white ones? White chickens of course. I think I'm going to start buying my eggs from them after I use up the 7 doz that's in my refrig right now.

This morning I'm going to our final Bible Study until September. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. I have YET to mix up that cookie dough, so maybe I'll finally do that.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Cookie I have seen the different colored chicken eggs but didn't realize it was the different colored chickens that lay the different colored eggs

Comment

Another sunny morning. Jon is off and both kids will be around. Drew has an early dismissal for his very last ever day in the third grade. Summer is official around here but someone missed the memo about bringing in the hot! Had lunch with school chums yesterday and got lost. I am coming in from a different direction living here and I thought I remembered the back and shorter way but ended up wandering the country roads. Finally called one of the girls and she got me back to the 'main' road and I took the long way in. They all beleive me now when I say I do not know how to get there...even with a map! Being lost does not bother me especially since I spend a lot of time lost and I stay calm and never leave home without a full tank of gas...I just hate that I get lost and cannot ask directions because I do not understand them. Watched the Cardinals win last night and hoping the Blues get it together for tonight's game. Need to run out for snacks and sandwich fixins' since Scott will be coming in tomorrow and told me not to worry with meals. Still haven't cleaned house and Drew has tracked in chunks of mud, BIG chunks. Need to freshen beds and change mine totally. Do not know how many will stay over this weekend and I do not care just want to have fresh beds. Yes, Elaine I also missed your knee surgery. To everyone with stress, pain or just life's aggravations, I hope you get some of this beautiful sunshine on your heads....but wear a jacket cuz mother nature is skimpy with providing any heat to go with it... 40s again last night.

Comment

Elaine, a good friend of mine is a PT and he said the physical therapy for knee replacement may seem difficult but when a patient does it as ordered they are almost 100% restored use! Another friend had complained about her pt and that was his answer to me. So, good therapy to you!
                      It was 70* at 6:45! Today will be hot again, but tomorrow starts a cool down.
                      After driving by Shasta Lake on Saturday and seeing the water level so high after being ridiculously low for the last two years, I have no problem with rainy days!
                      Saturday will be celebrate the end of the semester for Becky. Officially, today is the end, but I made pedicure appointments for Saturday and have a bracelet I ordered that says: She thought she could, so she did. She has overcome a lot and I am really thankful and proud of what she is doing.
                      Jostoy, I have been reading a lot on stress. It really can come at us from lots of different places and can wear us out. Hope you can take a deep breath and read what your friends say to you! Hugs to you!
                      I missed JoG's report, so I will go back and find it.
                      Pat, do you at,east have week days off to make up for working Saturday? And when you work that Sunday how do you get time off???
                      Long day, Maye, but good to be able visit and be the support your niece needs. I have a music question for you? Are you getting rid of any classical sheet music? I am looking to buy some for Becky. She said her Humanities class brought back how much she loved playing it. Most of the pieces she had when she was taking lessons were ones her teacher had loaned her. I thought I would ask before going to eBay.
                      I have a hair cut and color after daycare today. My bangs are constantly in my eyes so I am ready, but it makes for a long day!
                      One last little excitement: the U Pick Blueberry field is open. Becky and a friend are going tomorrow and picking. We made great jam last year.
                      Have a good day, Everyone! Hope the sun shines and your team wins!

Comment

Working...
                      X