Good FRIDAY Morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good FRIDAY Morning!

Good Morning! The sun is trying to shine. Let's get this day started.

Yesterday was good. After coming home from Bible Study and getting lunch out of the way, I started in on icing the sugar cookies. Did the hearts, ambulances, and the 911 cookies. Took a nap in there too. It was dreary and I was just so tired. Made fish for dinner which didn't thrill Cork AT ALL. Oh well...I loved it. Had a quiet evening with no extra people (Kathy & Jimmy). Kathy has found a ride for her court date.

This morning is SPA Day with the kindergartners, so I'll be heading over to the school for around 9am. Hope to come home and finish up the last 4 doz cookies which are the blue star of life. Need to also get delivered the Kentucky Derby pie I made for the restaurant last night. It's basically a pecan pie with a little bourbon and mini choc chips. An expensive pie for sure.

Have a good one all!
    Last edited by cookielady; 05-06-2016, 06:29 AM.

Good Morning! Same here. Sun is rising here and will be a beautiful day.

Hi Donna! What's cooking?

Cooking needs to happen here. Leftovers all gone and must start on something new.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!

Comment

Good morning.
      It'll be sunny & windy here.
      We will be packing the car this morning; then my checkup with the surgeon; and head out to Phx to see kids, grands, and some greats this weekend.

If I miss checking in, you know why. Nothing else happening today.
      Have a good day/weekend.

💐
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning all

Had a wonderful anniversary dinner last night with Chris, his niece Cait, and her boyfriend, Cheech. I had a Who Dat shrimp salad - basically the same as Bang Bang shrimp at Bonefish grill - it was heavenly. Chris had a softshell crab po boy and sweet potato fries - also a dozen raw oysters. We had a great time.

TGIF!

Y'all have a good 'un!
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good sunshiny morning from NW Ohio....going to be a beautiful day, wish I felt better...that darn stuff hubby brought home from work is kicking my butt...got my dental work done yesterday, stayed numb until after 3:00 p.m. but I had them do upper and lower on the right side, hey if your going to be numb on that side just go for it..

This morning I got the potato salad made for hubby's fishing trip, will start on the coleslaw next...after a little bit of a rest...Since I don't have a stove right now have been using my microwave pasta boat, I love that thing, only took 16 mins. to get the potatoes done, well 32 actually since I had to do it in two batches...but got the other chopping done while they were cooking...I want to get another pasta boat for the motorhome, but dang they want a fortune for them now...

My lungs are burning so going to get a cup of warm tea, some Mucinex, Tylenol and rest a bit...Have a great day one and all.
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning...quiet day planned for me..I found out yesterday morning that I am not on the schedule for Sunday at work....and also my small group with church is cancelled so that people can spend mother's day with their mother's... I decided to talk to mom about coming home for the weekend....so I am headed out tommarrow...will return on Tuesday so that I can go with my mom on Monday to see my granny! I will try to check in while I am gone...I am excited to see my uncle and spend time with mom and dad again..I guess you could say we are making up for the time that mom was unable to travel and didn't feel much like having company.

I am getting a little tired of not getting atleast my 4 hours at work...

I am trying to decide if I want to look for something more or try to wait...and see what happens...

Comment

Good morning, all. Feeling good, feeling great. Remember that song? Anyhow I haven't sneezed once this morning, yet.

Nothing much planned except getting things cleaned up a bit. Don't want my daughter to see how lazy I have become. Invited her and hubby for a special Chinese duck dinner but found I didn't have everything I needed for the duck. Too expensive to order and pay shipping. I think we may go out instead.
              Funny thing about Pressed Duck. First time I ever tasted it was in LA in 1952. It had a lovely brown sauce with almonds on top. It was years before I could find a recipe that matched the one I had had there.
              None of the restaurants around here served it. Then one place had it on their menu and I tried it. Blech! It wasn't crispy enough and they topped it with that awful fake sweet sour sauce that, it seems, every Chinese restaurants uses nowadays. Straight out of a Sysco can. Enough rant for now.
              Everyone have a great day.

Comment

Good late morning ...

been doing housework first today... while the energy level was up there. ..I gave my left knee a twist yesterday. I turned.but the shoe /foot. was stuck in the rug and my knee objected loudly to that kind of a twist.. and is still telling me about it today.. .. The living rm is swept, dusted . looking good.. as is the front porch.. which had so much cat hair.. I probably have enough hair in the sweeper bag to make another kitty now....
                the basic dishes, sink. etc are cleaned up. as is bathroom and wastebaskets. ..now on to pleasanter things.. like reading your posts.

Pat. you sound so joyous this morning ..
                so do you JoG....safe traveling!
                Donna, just gave me idea for dinner. talopia. potato and salad.. (side dish of fruit).. .. only David will love this

Today is Bethany's prom night .. a very junior kind of prom.. pretty dresses.. with or without a date. and I think they stay at the school.. She has a date.. with boyfriend Jake.. who has been following her around for about 3 years..

DAvid's sister is back in hospital again.. she is having swelling in her feet and legs.. and has already been diagnosed with congested heart failure.. is a severe diabetic.. and the fluid just keep building up.. things are not looking good at all... Oh How I wish for the good old days when D. and I could get in the car and drive the 2 hr trip to visit her... but now we wait on a son/daughter to drive us.. and they , of course are the busiest people in the world.. and have their own lives to live.. and May weekends are all full of other "stuff".. so .. thank heavens for cell phones !.

hi to you all
                Elaine, hope all is well at you house... you have had your share of house problems for now... lets just get John better .

Hi Justy.
                ~~~~~Paula.
                Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Late again but I have been up. Tonight is our baseball game and the Blues lost last night so back to Dallas on Saturday. Still lots of hockey to go! After my haircut yesterday I stopped at the nursery and picked up a gorgeous purple geranium. Got it home and decided I should have gotten the other one too, since there were only two. But anyway, I have one and now need a pot. Need to get moving and hit Big Lots for a pot, start a load of laundry, pick Drew up from the bus since he has early dismissal and then Sierra and I will head to the game after dad gets home to take over Drew. I have no idea what her night plans are because she is sorta miffed at me over a difference of opinion. But I do know she is going to the grad party with me Sunday because it is the first real family gathering of just us since Christmas. Andrew is having a heck of a time telling time and I know that is such a hard thing for some kids. Then they slip in 'if its 2:00 what time would it be if was 27 minutes earlier (or later)'. Geeze let the kid figure where the hands go before you make a bigger deal out of it. He is doing ok with later but that earlier stuff is hard! Which brings me to another thought...how many of you can read roman numerals. I remember being taught in grade school and if an old movie is shown I can tell the year at the end by reading the numerals. Neither of my sons can. Just a conversation we had around the table. Guess roman numerals are like cursive..a thing of the past. Super Friday to you all!!

Comment

Barb, I just love hearing about the foods you cook! Pretty exotic to me. I see duck featured on Diners,mDrive Ins and Dives, but not on any menus in our little town.
                    Where did you learn to cook? Your curry dishes always sound good to me, too.
                    Rainy here and the kids will be inside...the high,ms grill voice of one child is enough to give me a headache.
                    Mother's Day roses arrived yesterday. Beckynordered them from 1-800-Flowers and they are beautiful.
                    Mother's Day kid gifts are done and ready to go home today...always a huge undertaking to get done with the different ages here, but well worth it.
                    Pat, when Spencer was in Maryland he ate oysters every restaurant meal he could. At the hotel restaurant the servers would tell him the minute he walked in what seafood was on the day's menu and ask if he wanted his oysters first or with the meal. He said the chef came out one day and wanted to meet him after hearing his compliments and comments to the servers!
                    I ordered a pecan pie that was featured on Good Morning America's Steals and Deals road trip show. 3 Brothers Bakery ( from Dallas, I think) that was started by a Holocaust survivor and his two brothers. They give back to the homeless in their community. Country Living magazine rated their pecan pie the best of those offered online. So, we may be having that for Mother's Day...along with barbecued ribs, salad and Mexican street corn. ( Diet? What diet?) Monday will come soon enough!
                    You all are great examples of the nurturing spirit of motherhood. Whether we have children, or not, it is that loving, caring nurturing nature that I salute in all the women on this board. Thank you for the great example you share here!
                    Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Working...
                    X