Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday ~ April 30

Good Morning!

Wow! Another wild and bumpy night. Rained 5 inches in 4 hours. We were under a tornado watch from 3 to 8 pm. Nerve wracking. Phone ringing every 30 minutes to remind us. Anyway, we survived and it is calm and quiet this morning.

Finally got the closet back in order. Got a soap pump for the new sink and another under counter light for John to install today. Then maybe we can breath a sigh of relief. Just hoping nothing else goes wrong.

Well, think I will spend some time reading before John gets up. Have. Good day, dear Friends.

Good Morning! I need some sunshine! This dreary weather is seriously zapping my energy. I can't imaging getting that much rain Elaine! Be safe.

Yesterday was productive even though it was dreary again. Got the two pies baked first thing for the restaurant order then headed into town to pick up items I needed for today plus others I didn't KNOW I needed...LOL...how do those things end up in your cart? Came home and started cooking for the concession stand. Made an apple pie, taco meat, and 3 large batches of fried cabbage & noodles.

Kathy called during supper. I had not been answering my phones when numbers came up I didn't recognize but she called Corky's phone & he answered. She didn't stress us out. Was just asking about Blaise's birthday coming up on Tuesday. She PLANNED to come up for the day and her & Jimmy stay the night...NOT!!!...we will take them back to wherever they are staying. I told her we weren't celebrating his birthday with cake & all until next Sunday. Of course I'll do something here, but the actual cake & gifts with family won't be until then. We'll celebrate his & my SIL's together plus Mothers Day.

My brother Ray is going to join me again today. Apparently he enjoyed himself enough last week to want to do it again. I won't have to do this again until June 4th since all the games in May are away. I have a system down pretty pat how to pack my car, but he thinks his vehicle can carry it better, so he wants to use his car today...whatever.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Cookie, very nice of your brother, quality time together also...glad you let Cork answer, stay firm with Kathy!!

Good Morning Elaine, sure glad you guys made it through with nothing bad happening...when we had the house built I had under the counter lightening installed, love it, and nice thing is, if I don't want them all on I have a button that I can turn some of them off...expecially if we have other people here. Also have a soap pump installed on the sink as well as filtered water...when we had the quartz counter top installed I had them add those two holes so hubby could install what I wanted..and instead of putting the filtering system under the sink he put it under the house so I still have lots of room under my sink...

Good morning to all that come by today...think we will be going mattress shopping today, we have a Stearns & Foster now that is about 7 yrs. old and for the money you pay for them they sure do not last long...I want to get one that is two sided, one you can flip and turn for more even wear...and no pillow top, will put my own memory foam top on...king size mattress with a 'hump' in the center, LOL...and I detest being in a valley...

Then later this afternoon/evening it is a fish fry at our local rural fire dept., always such good fish and being with our neighbors..other than that, not much else planned..

Have a great day one and all, time for the newspaper and coffee.
    Last edited by boffler; 04-30-2016, 06:49 AM. Reason: Maye, look for the comment button and click on it...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Ladyebug, That rain you had was almost as bad as what I saw on T.V. about Gulfport, Ms. They had 10 inches in a few hours. Sure glad I'm not in that area now.

Cookie, sure is nice that your brother wants to help you with the stand. Not only helps you, but gives the 2 of you to remember about your childhood days.

Sharon, we said it all earlier on the phone.

Today I got to sleep in...no early morning appts. Just have to take my meds that I no longer take to the "take back". Makes everything so much nicer to know that no addict gets a hold of them.

Rest and more rest for today. It's rainy and will be stormy later, so no "activities" outside. I think I need a full day of rest. Lets my back heal from all the work I did before the injection.

Everyone have a good day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning ..

the guys,, David and son Mark woke me early . talking to Kat and having tv on Fox station . aggggggggggggggg... I may go quietly insane by the time Nov gets here!...
        one place you need a light and I dont have it.. is one that will come on and off ..attached to the underside of counter. in that dark space in the corner.. I have a 4 ' light attached under the cabinet that lights up the that whole working space.. but need a flashlight to find the cereal .the sugar etc..

Elaine,, happy to hear you guys got though that stormy night without any major problems..
        Sharon . will not buy another "no flip" mattress.. can hardly get the big queen size one turned end for end.. I will say it was a darn good mattress and shows no valleys or lumps anywhere .. and it is 13 years old.

Donna.. i agree . stay firm... a foot in the door. people sleeping in the basement next .. no no no no..

we went to Bethany's musical. at the school.. Wizard of Oz.. odd version of it.. since it is a small school.. and they love to have as many kids participate. there were lots of little "munchkins".. the older kids . ( freshman and up..) all had mulitple roles and costumes. a lot of long hard hours went into this.. and it was fun.. the boy who did the Lion.. is a natural born comedian and stole the show.!... was great fun..
        my only complain.. and this had nothing to do with the play.
        ...our main two lane road has become a thoroughfare and it was so congested at 6;30ishpm... and later on the trip home. after 9pm.. it was still almost solid traffic.. it was moving well. I was driving and just had to concentrate to not let the oncoming lights bother me. I made an observation 15-20 years ago that they should begin to widen it ... there were housing plans going up all around the area.. and still are.. the schools enlarged.....businesses moved in.banks, groc store, restaurants. and yet the state did not get on the ball..

my gripe for the day..

hi to you all..
        Hi Jostoy!
        Justy , you ok?..

and hi Paula

Sassy,, Pictures????
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Morning all

It's my Saturday to work, so here I am.

Had yesterday off - cooked breakfast for Chris and got him out the door. Took Erin to school. Then I baked blonde brownies and did all the laundry. Made Chicken Stroganoff for dinner - we really liked it so I will post the recipe in the kitchen. It's a definite keeper.

Went to see a friend's band play yesterday evening downtown - such a lovely evening outdoors. We stayed about 1-1/2 hours and then had to get home because early bedtime is a MUST when I'm working on Saturday. Erin went to Turd's and spent the night last night (her choice).

After work we are visiting friends who are camping at the State Park. Snacks and cocktails and sunset. What could be better?

Jostoy - are you planning on wintering in the Gulfport area again this year? If so, I highly recommend The Chimneys restaurant on Hwy. 90 for Sunday brunch (make reservations!). It was lovely. The service was stellar and the food was excellent.

So I'm off to get a little work completed and hold down the fort. Y'all have a good 'un!
          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Slept in...what else can you do on a cold rainy Saturday? Blues lost last night and I think the Cardinals did too. Oh well, just game one for the Blues and tomorrow is another day. It was a pretty good and fast paced game. I love it!! No kids today but both suppose to be here tomorrow to grill and then go fishing. Not me..I do not go fishing but both the kids love it. Sierra keeps her outdoor side hidden and some boy will be in for such a surprise someday. Anything else I write today will be boring gibberish so will just go make another cup of coffee and maybe crawl back into bed with the remote. Saw your storm on the news this morning Elaine, WOW! Just plain ole drizzily rain for us today.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
              Wow, I slept in til 7 this morning. But I was up reading for an hour about 3. E woke to see if I was okay, so I went back to bed and had a nice deep sleep til now.

No plans today. I'm switching email accounts. Only halfway done, so far.

Elaine, I'm trying to imagine so much rain HERE! 😀 But I'm glad you guys got through all that okay.
              Cookie, how fortunate to have a brother to help you. I hope Blaise's birthday turns out well. 🤗
              Boffler, we have mattress that will raise and lower at the head and feet. (Comes in handy when I get weak as well as sick.) Actually, the beds are twin XL. They can make a King size bed, pushed together. The mattresses are "no flip". When I get sick, we can use twin XL sheets, and I can raise and lower my bed, separately from his. Like now....I feel like a contortionist, but sleep with the leg portion raised. I have to say, he doesn't use his controls hardly at all, not even for reading. We are due to look at new mattresses before long. We've had these for 15 years. Mine still looks good, but his is worn down. Go figure. 🙄
              Jostoy, do take a day to rest your back!
              Hi Maye, I'm soooo tired of political talk, too. It's really a circus out there.
              Pat, I'm going to check out that recipe of yours! Sounds good. But I expect to be cooking again before too long.
              Just gotta get the foot pains under control better than it is now.

Hope you all have a great day, whatever your plans. 😊
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good noisy morning. My neighbor has been using a power saw and I doubt anyone is sleeping in!
                Donna, I wish these winds of ours could blow your way and blow the clouds away for you. It is sunny, but kind of chilly.
                I have been walking into each room with my notebook and making a shopping list and To Do list. I won't be getting everything done but I Have to get everything bought.
                I have used up all my substitutions for things we need.
                CNN just flashed across the screen about a grandmother and her grandchildren being swept away in Texas storm waters. A lot of pain and heartache for that family.
                Elaine, I am thankful you guys were passed by the tornado.
                Pat, thanks for the recipes. I have never made stroganoff with anything but beef and I will be trying yours.
                I think my laundry is ready to change. I better get moving.
                Rounders, thanks for all your posts! I love this little community and think of you all throughout the day.

Comment

love you back Paula...

JoG I often wake in the night. ( mostly a bathroom trip). and end up reading for an hour or so..... thats the mornings I want D. and K.D. Kat to be "Quiet"

I had one of those odd days.. stayed at computer working on games for here. most of the morning .... then this afternoon about 3pm. got this ambitious streak.. did two loads laundry. mopped really well my downstairs kitchen and sweepered that dining room carpet. dusted and make all things nice and neat. down there.. I did this while the washer was running ..... I think Elaines cleaning and throwing and getting rid of "stuff".. got me started..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                  X