Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ April 7

Good Morning!

Well, another bright beautiful day on the horizon. Things are so gorgeous down here - Crimson Clover on roadsides and pastures. Green green everywhere. And fabulous Azaleas!

I'm so glad I bought buttermilk to make the cake that failed. Never happy about wasting anything (most of the time) I found a recipe for buttermilk pancakes and we have been chowing down.

I think a meatloaf is in my future for lunch.

Have a beautiful day, Everyone.

Today is a day filled with volunteering...and maybe a night out with friends not sure. My small group or Lot Family as called at church is have a girls night out at a local wine bar. If my friend Katie goes I will go because she will pick me up others wise I won't go...

I have to get up early in morning like as soon as its day light and take my trash over to my sisters. Then I have errands to run on the bus...So I don't go out tonight it will be an early to bed night.

Comment

Good Morning! Yesterday was pretty but cold.

I feel good about what I got done yesterday...paperwork. I had H&R Block do our taxes but because they were astronomical, I only had them do the PA State and Federal. She was kind enough to print off the OH State taxes, but didn't submit them and just gave them to me. So I got those out along with the OH & PA local taxes and had to resubmit all the info to The Market Place for our health insurance. The had to submit some info to the school for FAFSA tuition help. Felt good to get all that off my desk & my mind.

Went to pick up my car and saw our little kitty along the side of the road. I went out later & brought her home for burial. She strayed too far from home. Here the plastic guts of the door handle snapped on my side and he said when he called the Ford garage to "order" it, they had it on hand. He said apparently other people are having the same problem, because normally door handles aren't kept on hand. Plastic junk!

This morning is Bible study. Taking all the supplies I bought for the dinner we are assembling for the homeless shelter on Saturday morning. Coming home & baking 2 pies that a customer has ordered for later this afternoon.

I'm enjoying seeing what they've planted for spring since this is our first spring at this house.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning .

Bethina,, you are on the move busy girl!.

Elaine, you can use the buttermilk to make Pat's recipe of Biscuits. love those.. I buy buttermilk to make them and David drinks most of the quart before I get to making them.

todays major task... finish hemming the prom gown for Katie,,,had it measured and pinned up.. she tried on last evening and it was just where she wanted it.. so will get that done right after coffee drinking and bed making, bathroom, and breakfast dishes are done.. she will come for it after school.. once I have it hemmed and pressed , I will need to hang in secure spot away from my K.D. Kat. ...btw... her Mom is going to insist on paying me... what would you suggest would be a nominal charge for doing this?...

our trees have not started to turn green yet. yards and small flowers , like daffodils in bloom.. but I an anxious for the trees to go green .love green
        of course it also means ,,,,,clean out the flower bed ...ummmm maybe get a grandkid to help with that?

time to get started .. Coffee first.. then beds , etc etc see you all later

Justy , good to hear from you... stay well..

JoG.. and sure hope you are feeling better today...

Jo S. where are you ??? I see you on Facebook but we would love to see your lovely fingers here too.. ( guilt trip enought ??)

Hi Darla. Donna,Barb, Jostoy.Pat.Punkin, Sharon, Nalani, ARM, Kim, and,,, Sassygirl, Labb, Becky, my buddys in Games, (come join us)
        and all those I missed..... I want to see you saying Hello!..

Hi Paula.

Last edited by Mayebarnes; 04-07-2016, 06:55 AM.
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Ugh. Some kind of stomach virus hit me yesterday. Was up all night sick. Not going to work today. Feel like a wrung out dishrag.
          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning....and a wet one it is...but it beats snow...

Had my daughter and family here, we got to keep the grandgirls overnight, what a nice feeling that is to hear those sweet voices in the morning coming out of the bedroom saying, "good morning Grandma, I'm hungry".. Fixed their favorite breakfast of homemade blueberry pancakes and bacon...The morning before when Mom & Dad were here also I fixed sausage, bacon, eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy...they all love a country breakfast...Have done a lot of lunch and dinner cooking and I loved every minute of it...sadly today they are back on the road to GA...prayers for safe travel.

Now I will get ready for my sister to visit, she will be here Sunday...so looking forward to her being here for a few days..need to plan on what to fix to eat while she is here.
            Also bruce the house back up...

I need to read what has been going on since I have not been here, hope everyone is well...I did see that jostoy and lab, sassy are back on...glad nightstorm could fix it, and thanks to Aunt Maye for the sos of distress...

Well ladies and gents, time to get busy, my right arm/shoulder are still hurting like a toothache if it is still that way after my sister visits guess it will be time to seek help...JoG thinking of you.

Have a wonderful day....isn't life a wonderful, interesting, exciting thing to wake up to every day?

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning, my bags are packed I'm ready to go. Had everything that I could pack done last night. Put what I couldn't put in last night this morning, Kenny just walked through and asked me if I had double checked everything, I'm probably taking to many clothes with me but with this weather not sure if I'll need cold or hot and daughter said that theirs is just as bad. Shorts one day and snow the next. Also Kenny was shaking his head at my snack packing. I always take to much "food" because I'm the type that likes to have enough to share if someone traveling needs it. One trip a younger woman was traveling with her 2 year old. The child had gotten ill and she had had to buy 2 outfits and a pack of diapers (which are 4X's the price at the places the bus stops than any where else) and so had spent the money she had brought for food, she still had like 5 hrs on the bus (I was 1 hour from home). I handed her the snack crackers and pudding cups that I had left. Kenny said I had been scammed, but hey even if I had I knew in my heart that I did the right thing, and I don't think she was scamming since she had tears in her eyes when she thanked me. The time the woman gave me a sob story and I offered what snacks I had left and she turned up her nose, I know she was scamming, hoping I would hand her money (which I travel with very little.)

I should be able to check the RT from my phone, Not sure what all will be going on so may not be able to post. Anyhow everybody behave themselves and don't go putting any beans in your ears.

Comment

Good morning, all. Beautiful weather here the past few days. Rain possible tomorrow night.

Going with one of the ladies here for some shopping a bit later this morning. Nothing serious but I'm out of POTATOES! Went to fix some the other evening and found that the 3 that were left had grown into alien critters. Too many sprouts. I don't mind cutting off small ones but these were going wild.

Haven't felt to well the past few days. Allergies are up and running even though I got my shot early.

Talked to my dearest friend yesterday. She is in a truly bad way is now in a wheelchair all the time, can't go anywhere easily. She seems to have given up on life, stopped taking her diabetes med because of the side effects. Did get a few laughs out of her so I hope she feels a bit better. Her caregiver is leaving and she seems glad to have him gone. I think his drinking is out of hand. Her daughter's BIL.

Well seems like that's all for now except Maye made me want my favorite Buttermilk Pancakes. No buttermilk in the house, though.

You all have a good day.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Well I will see how much I have to pay Uncle Sam today. I usually have my taxes done in Feb., due to "snow birding" this year, I'm just getting in under the wire.

Determine, good for you for "looking out" for others. It does do the heart good for helping others. Boff, so glad that you finally got to see those sweet girls. I'll be seeing my great great niece next week. I know how anxious I am, so know how you feel. Seems as though everyone is coming for a visit at the same time. But that will leave the summer open for camping.

I have bought a lot near my "old town", so am looking for a camper to put on the lot. Hopefully I can camp at least a few days each month this summer and fall.

Well it's time to get some breakfast and get this day started. Everyone have a good day depending on your weather if you spend it inside or outside.
                  Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

We spent the entire evening without power. Evidently the substation had a fire. Seemed strange to be without power when there was no weather. I do not know who won the ballgame although I suspect it was not the Cardinals since we seem to be having a slow start. Soo, I was in bed at dark and even slept in until 8:00! Still no fire pit so guess I will call them today. Can't dig for it because JULIE has not showed up but someone is trying to call me but coming up unavailable and no voice when I answer. Partly sunny out and must not be very cold since the house temp is 68 and I do not remember hearing the furnace run. Don't know what today will bring...just a normal day.

Comment

Good morning, and thanks for good thoughts!
                      Something is finally changing......my feet are not quite so swollen today. I dreamed I was walking on glass shards, and that's how my feet felt when they touched the floor today. But once upright, was able to walk comfortably but slowly on my own without the discomfort. So I guess I'll be walking more now. I still need the walker to get from sitting to standing position, though. But...it's progress!!!
                      Still not sleeping through the night, though. Wide Awake at 2:30 a.m., went back to bed about 4. Tried to doze before being up at 6.

Looks like a 40% chance of rain this afternoon, so it looks very dreary outside. Temps are crazier, dropped to mid-80's today, 70's tomorrow, 60's Sunday, then climbing again. Smorgasbord weather is what we all are having.

E finished our taxes. New tax laws/fees prevented a refund. But breaking even isn't so bad either.
                      Well, I need to start a shopping list for Ellis. He said shopping was his plan today.
                      I love pancakes, buttermilk or not!

Have a great day. 😄
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning!
                        I have three kids sitting at the table with me with books, so we will see how long I have here.
                        Elaine, your countryside sounds beautiful. I love the flowers and green grass we see here. Redbud, lupin and poppies are all over the roadside.
                        Sorry about your kitty, Donna. What are you feeding for your shelter? Or did I miss reading that?
                        Hope you get better fast, Pat! Who has time for that? I know you don't!
                        We love baking with buttermilk, pancakes, biscuits and drinking it! Some sandwiches like Italian beef, just call for ice cold buttermilk...
                        And I know this will sound strange, but a friend told us a long time ago:? Buttermilk with lime sherbet is very refreshing, tangy and yummY on a hot summer day.
                        Sharon, enjoy the family time!
                        And Darla, I pack exactly the same! Too much. And seldom regret it...
                        Beth, your busy day should go fast with all that.
                        I have to shop tonight for some of ingredients for my last shelter meal on Friday. Usually I have it done and started cooking, but I just wasn't in the mood.
                        Tuesday evening was our girls' activity night and the first part was writing letters to missionaries. Then a game: elbow tag, which I thought sounded mild enough. They asked the adult women to play, so...it wasn't mild, easy or slow enough for me. All the treadmill time I am doing did not prepare me for a version of Duck, Duck Goose ( just to give you a general idea of a circle game with Running!). I was It twice and my legs are still feeling it. I don't run. Ever. Luckily, one of the leaders is a nurse,miso I figured if I collapsed she would know what to do...bad enough, I am the oldest one there, but at least my face didn't turn red and I could breathe...embarrassing.
                        So with that little visual of my life, I will go pick up,the baby and get going..
                        Stay well and keep getting better...including those great men in your lives!

Comment

Darla, I was a recipient of someone's generosity with food once. Took a train ride from Detroit to Texas when I was newly married and pg. My new husband couldn't afford a sandwich even to share on the train, so I just read old magazines. Apparently at night as I slept he'd go off with other young men and have coke & chips. The next day a middle aged couple across the aisle were about to disembark, but the lady gave me a box of cheese-it's, some other snacks, and some water or juice......with the instructions for him that he could have none of it, the conductor would be watching! So that lasted me the last leg of my trip. Me, I was young enough that I listened to her as if she were my mother 😯 and kept it for myself.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Oh....I just got a call.......I've got a Chemo Class coming up next week. I didn't know they had classes for that.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Aloha all!

Chemo Class, Jo? Never heard of such a thing either.

I am so late in check in that I'll just ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~at your all and hope you have a nice rest of the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X