April 1 ~ 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 1 ~ 2016

I may be the fool today. I put some ribs in the crockpot. Never tried it before but just didn't want to mess around with the oven. A bit on the warm side here.

Have a good day, Everyone.
    Last edited by ladyebug; 04-01-2016, 06:43 AM.

Good Morning to all.

Yes April Fools Day, the day of pranks, since I no longer have kids at home and no grandkids that live close, there will be no pranks on me..

Today is a busy day for me, eye exam and a carotid scan and something in between, a few stores..This eye place had a four page back and front papers they wanted filled out, geez, its only an eye exam, but I filled them out and will take them with me...first eye exam since I left Salem, IL and I was due...also need glasses for just the computer so that I am not tilting my head all the time, hurts my neck, have had mine also since being in Salem...amazing how expensive eye glasses can cost..

Well my daughter and family should be in Ohio this coming week, have not heard when or where they will be here...so like hubby said, he can't take off work unless he knows a day to take off, rather sad isn't it? Guess that happens in divorced families...no one said you have to pick sides, just be open and honest...

Time to read the news, finish my cup of coffee then hit the shower, have a great day one and all, don't let the day be a joke...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good RAINY Morning! Think I need to get a boat to go to the bus stop.

Today is my baby girl's 21st birthday. I'm just praying she's safe tonight when she goes down to Pgh this evening to stay with her BFF for the night to celebrate.

Yesterday my energy level was low. I did get lots of Rice Krispie treats made for tomorrow. Took Blaise to the library and got lots of books he can read with help. He LOVES to read, which is wonderful. Now I hope this continues.

Today I'm going to get my car organized and ready for tomorrow. Need to go to the bank & get change. I'm dreading tomorrow. My feelings won't be hurt if they cancel. High winds, rain, and snow are in the forecast for the next 2 days. I do NOT relish the thought of standing outside in that crap for 8 hrs. There are games tomorrow noon to 9pm and Sunday 5pm to 9pm.

Jo...I hope today you feel better than yesterday.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning all

We are supposed to have thunderstorms by lunch time today. Gotta go get my raincoat out of the car before I forget!

Erin was some better yesterday. She never would reveal what occurred at school that upset her so badly on Wednesday, but apparently it sorted itself out.

Quiet day today in Condo land - I am working tomorrow and we have 13 check-ins so I will be busy most of the day Saturday. It will surely make the day fly by faster!

So I'm off for coffee. Y'all have a good 'un!

Big hugs for Jo.
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning .

over cast . rained real hard a bit ago.. but now clear, doubt if we will get much sun shine tho... hope I can get my store stops made between rains..

Library has a book for me ,,thats driving East.. the stores I want to go to are North.. so will be on the roads

nice to see April at the top of the calendar... the dreaded short days are over... altho David has night and day sleep turned around.. he snoozes so much in the daytime and then frets that he gets awake between 1 -2.. .

Sharon, yes Glasses are expensive.. do you suppose it is because you aren't replacing them as frequently.. My opinion on hearing aids and dentures is the same thing .. they gotta make money on the original purchase.. ...( I sure have gotten cynical in my "old age").. ...

and HI to you all... better get this place tidied up and get moving .. running from store to store is very tiring ..but will get lunch out
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning, No idea what we are doing today. It is rainy here too.

Boffler, do you have a Costco near by? Dr. told Kenny to take his script there and purchase his glasses instead of getting them from the eye Dr. He said they have the same frames at a much lower price.

Dr. went very well yesterday, said my BP and BS are good. Of course he had the A1C done, and didn't have the results when I went into the room. Normally between the time they take you back and get all the vitals and send you back to sit in the waiting room until he is ready for you to go back for your visit with him, they have the results.

Has anyone heard from Punkiin? I know there were a lot of things going on with her sons, and with her husband so hope she is okay.

Comment

Finally the rain and clouds are gone and it is a beautiful morning but cold. Furnace ran all night off and on. Andrew has a noon detention for throwing food yesterday in the cafeteria. He was not an actual food thrower (he says) but he was there and he went through the motion and is guilty through association. I think he was very surprised at how we took it...very calm, yep face your punishment and if you are innocent next time put your spoon down and move away. He did poorly on a math test because he had a bad pencil. I have to admit I have never heard a pencil blamed on a math performance. Guess we need to buy him a smarter brand. His dad just sat him down and said now we will go over this paper and finish it and correct the wrong ones and you will learn to have two pencils available. This kid cracks me up! You know I am in trouble after school with this being April Fools Day and the weird sense of humor of a nine year old. He is staying the weekend and we want to start some yard work, like cut the grass! The ground is way to cold to plant yet but the pretty trees blooming make it so tempting. Hostas have broke the ground. Ended up not getting a meal together yesterday so today I am back to cooking. Last spring training day played and the season opens soon...hockey tonight and we are still tied for first place in our conference. I should have sports every day for a while..Wish it was warmer but beats the snow predicted some of you have coming...listen to the birds sing...what a chorus!

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
                Today I'm going to get my staples removed. I hope she can numb the area. I still remember the other times that had to be done, and it was always sensitive. Have to be there by noon.
                Lately I've been taking naps a mid-day, but I guess it's not a good idea. That means I'm awake at night. But getting to another room at night is painful on the feet. And then I think of my grandma. She would get swollen legs and feet in her later years, and in Polish would say "my legs hurt" pretending she was crying so us kids would laugh. I told my mom about it, imiting my grandma, and she laughed and said I sounded just like her.
                Well, this, too shall pass.

Ribs sound good, Elaine.
                Sharon, E gets glasses online. They are good, affordable (from $10 and up, depending on the features you need). Frames might not be too fancy, though. He got mine for under $50. (COSTCO cost me $300.00.). You do need a current prescription to order them, though.
                Thanks for the good thoughts today, cookie & Pat.
                Hi Maye, Darla, and all who follow.

Have a good day.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning, all. Weather is warming nicely here. It was beautiful yesterday and should be even better today with a high of 71º predicted. Even warmer tomorrow. Possible rain next Friday. I won't hold my breath.

Feeling so good yesterday that I made a ham loaf, cornbread dressing and coleslaw for my dinner. The loaf was good but the glaze is way to sweet. Will see if I can scrape some of it off before I freeze some of it.

Yesterday I put a Salon Pas on my neck and it felt fine by bedtime but I woke up with a stiff sore neck again today. Seems I get this every winter but it isn't winter now so it shouldn't be here. I took a muscle relaxer so I hope that helps. Will put another patch on after I shower.

If you have never tried Salon Pas for muscle or joint pain I recommend it. It works better than anything else I have ever used. I get it at Walmart so everybody should be able to find it. They make it in several sizes now. Used to be just little ones but now they make some that are bigger and I cut one in half lengthwise for the back of my neck or knee. OK I sound like a commercial but these really do work.

Time for another cup of tea and then off to the shower. Have a great day and keep dry.

Comment

Good morning.
                    Today is the end of our spring break. And then all about Rodeo'. The third weekend in April is the Red Bluff Round-Up and the ads are saying the Clydesdales ate back this year!
                    Jo, hugs to you, and prayers for a good day.
                    Rounders, take care and have a great day!

Comment

Aloha all!

Maxie, I am giggling at your Andrew's excuses. I love them!

Hugs to you, Jo.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                      X