Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ March 24 ~

Howdy Folks!

It is now 5a and I got 3 hours sleep. Darn weather watch phone calls during the night. It was pretty rough around Dallas/Ft. Worth but pretty much fizzled out whe it arrived here.

Jo, so glad you are home.

Barb, hope you get some answers regarding your knee.

Darla, 35 years of being Mom. Wonderful.

Paula, I so admire what you do. I substituted one day in K and wanted to shoot myself. Toughest day I ever spent. So much so that I have never forgotten it.

Donna , I love playing cards and don't gave a soul to play with. You are so lucky.

Janet, will you still make your special buns for Easter?

Pat, had to laugh at you and the messy kitchen. What did they

Sharon, happy shredding. We did away with most paper, but like you say depending upon a machine to save everything is a little scarry.

I am typing this on my iPad in bed , hiding from the cat, so excuse the errors.

Have a good day, Everyone. 😊

Good morning Rise and shine..

the early bird get the worm..
    i know hoe you feel..Ladybug..One of my cat has a pair of lungs.Last night..And he is only a small cat..
    To today will be one wet day...

Enjoy the is pic..Another cup of coffee..To day...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good Morning to all...sassy love the graphic...

Elaine, sure glad the nasty weather missed you...You know I would get rid of all the paper in a heart beat, but not hubby, one of the reasons I am getting him involved in all the folders, paper, shredding, etc. might make him change his mind..

I also admire Paula, don't think I would have it in me to deal with a room full of young'uns, LOL

This morning is blood draw morning, you know nothing to eat or drink after midnight, but a nurse told me years ago that I could still drink water and coffee as long as it was black coffee, so I am having my morning coffee..then after that I have a pair of shoes to return and will do some retail therapy while I am out...need a break from all the paper works. We have a wind advisory out right now, so will see what that brings..these darn cats need their meowers removed, they started really early this morning and have not stopped, I think they are with me 24/7 and have become very, very spoiled...

Well time to get moving, need to get my shower, dressed and out the door by 8:15. Have a great day one and all..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning, all.
        I don't recalling going back to sleep since my midnight pills. Solution: get up! Nap later, maybe.
        E had to pull me out of bed, as I couldn't do that by myself today. My feet & legs are so swollen, I couldn't maneuver. I hate that. Well, I probably won't sleep on the new protective pad any more. Even though I'm still dealing with some draining.
        Awww....guess who tippy-toed out here to turn the furnace on for me! What a sweetie. He likes to sleep in colder temps, and is giving up his comfort zone so I can sit up and be warm at this ungodly hour.

Yesterday we went to Village Inn for dinner and free pie. I met a couple of cancer survivors. You never know who will drift to the seats around you in the waiting room. One is a 27 year survivor of breast cancer. The other is a man who had what I have, and you can't even tell it. In brief minutes, they had lightened my spirits. (The restaurant is convenient and does make good pie. The food in general? Meh! But I ate 1/3 my dinner to make E happy. The rest will be 2 or 3 meals for me yet.).
        Another day of adventure in healing lies ahead.

Thinking about Easter.... I guess it'll be meatloaf. I want to stay home. But deviled eggs and fresh bread/rolls should be good. dessert? Losing the 20 lbs water weight I picked up in the hospitals!

My brother and his wife said to expect a surprise on Saturday. How sweet! I wonder what it'll be. (Other than my first Easter without jelly beans!) 😄

Well, I guess I'll fix myself something hot ☕️.
        The day awaits.

Have a great day.🌞
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was very productive in the kitchen. I made 2 loaves banana bread, 3 carrot cakes, 3 doz carrot cake cupcakes, and a oatmeal pie. Cleaned that all up and made a nice dinner. Cleaned that up with the help of Becca and we made spinach dip and veggie dip for our evening of cards. My SIL & niece arrived around 6:30 and played cards until 9:30. FUN!

This morning I have to ice the one cake because it's being picked up along with the pie later on and someone else is picking up the banana nut bread. I need to run into town to get more supplies since I wasn't planning on that many cakes when I went shopping on Tuesday. Blaise was all excited about school today because they are having an egg hunt. We had to all send in a doz filled plastic eggs earlier in the week.

JoG....I remember going to the Village Inn when we lived in Phoenix. It was just down the street from us and they did have good pies. I remember getting their skillet breakfasts.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning, will have to make a run to the grocery store sometime today. Hopefully today is better than yesterday. Back in Jan or Feb I had to reapply for my health insurance, sent all the papers and info they needed in, got a letter back saying everything was fine just to remember to make my monthly payments. Well yesterday got a letter stating that I was being dropped from the + plan. Got on the phone and called and the woman informed me that they didn't have one paper?? told her that I had gotten a letter that they had everything.and she said that their records were missing some form. Wouldn't you know I couldn't find the stupid letter. So thankfully we are only 2 blocks from the aide office. Got dressed and took off for there, thankfully there weren't many people in there. Handed the girl the letter told her what the one on the phone said I needed. She pulled up my records and said that as far as she could see everything was there, kept checking different things. Anyhow she handed me the only paper that the woman could have been talking about (which the records showed it being there). I filled it out and she faxed it in, told me to call them tomorrow and make sure that is what they were talking about and if not to ask for the form number. Came home and started going back through papers and still haven't found it, so today will be going through more papers. Thankfully Kenny didn't start on a rant because he remembers me handing him the letter that they had everything.

Comment

Morning all

Looks like we are in for a few days of rain here. And, of course, my big plan for the weekend was to mow the yard. *sigh*

JoG - the nearest Village Inn to us is 100 miles away - we used to eat there all the time when we went shopping in Pensacola. Love it! In fact, Chris and I are planning a weekend getaway for Apr. 9/10 and just might have to stop there on the way home.

Not much happening here at work - kinda slow. Filed all the paperwork that was stacked in my inbox yesterday. The only reason I'm still here today is because we are being treated to a pizza lunch by one of our departing snowbird guests.

Y'all have a good 'un!
              The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning Ladies

got plans under way for this day... thawed out the frozen green tomatos that I have ground up in the blender last fall.. use it to make David Strawberry jelly. mix the soupy-looking green stuff with sugar, boil for 15-18 min.. take off. add a package of strawberry Jello. stir well. put in jars . and Wall-la strawberry jelly... he likes it and its easy to make.. cleaned up that mess. now to pick up. dress up and take David for his PCP Dr. appt. at 11.30.
                have many questions to ask Dr. so made out a list.

Elaine.. not sure about the buns yet.. all my helpers are busy .. I might do a half-batch tomorrow but seems like a lot of energy to make a couple dozen buns when the bakery at Giant Eagle makes great ones too..
                I also don't have any helpers filling the plastic eggs. and making up silly rules for the jelly bean game... the rules have to change each year.
                ..... so maybe the grands are getting old.. ...

I always keep paper copy and reciepts .. in one spot.. marked .."Temporary important Files".. clean it out once in a while.. but it is amazing what is in there...
                there is a copy of the really important ones scanned into the computer.. moved over to the extra hard drive .. if, when this computer goes down , I will have that one to plug into new computer and hope stuff will open.. ...... however if I pass away.. the kids can dump it in the trash.

better get moving ..time flies by so fast. when you have a deadline..

Paula.. I taught 5 years old at sunday school ( one Hour).. for 5-6 years.. my favorite age group.. not sure a whole day of little ones would have been my cup of tea.. but I'm sure you have a routine that works.. I do prefer to work one on one.. so my piano kids have been a real joy.

HI to all
                SassyGirl,great picture!..
                Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Elaine, once again, you started my day with a laugh out loud! Reminded me of a kindergarten sub we had one time. I was an aide in Knfor 7 years and we had a retired 5 th grade teacher for a sub. After 30 minutes she pulled me aside and said, Vivian had left her a note telling her to "just let Paula run things" and she was already at that point. Promised me anything I wanted shirt of a day off! Validation!
                  Thanks for the great words of affirmation! Some of the parents and All of the grandparents have said ( usually more than once), " I don't know how you do it." I take that as appreciation and it is amazing how that fuels my day.
                  I feel that way about many professionals and clerks and food servers!
                  Not many Easter preparations for me. Two parents brought the whole party other than the plastic eggs I bought quite awhile ago.
                  I took off tomorrow and have a few fun things to do. I ordered our Easter dessert from a bakery about 20 miles south of us. Her hours do not work with mine so I am using this time to check it out. Then a doctor appointment and then my new phone. They offered an iPad mini2 for 99.00 and a shared data plan of 10.00mo with it, but I decided I dont need/ want the 2. If and when I get one, I want the 4, and I really don't need to share data with my phone. And it was only a 16GB, and my iPad is higher.
                  Sunny again today. Chilly in the morning, 40's, but 70 by late afternoon.
                  I cut a few lilacs this morning and two Cala lilies. I was worried about the lilac after it bloomed in the Fall, but it is blooming on schedule just fine. It is too bad the bush is in the back and no one sees it...but good the kids see all the butterflies that love it!
                  I have been rambling..
                  Hope your day goes well and your houses all fill with yummy smells of good food.
                  Can't wait to find out what the Saturday surprise is, Jo!

Comment

I am really really really late getting here this morning...when I woke up at 645 to get ready for volunteering I had a horrible horrible head ache so I decided to not go and to go back to sleep so that is exactly what I did after I cancelled my ride with my brother in law and called the center to let them know I wasn't coming.

Mom had her last chemo yesterday! She is so happy to be done with the treatments! Now she can wait as her hair grows back...it will be interesting to see what color and if it comes in curly or straight. I am betting curly and dark!

I have done nothing today but find some type of bug on its back dead in the laundry room. I called my dad and he will spray for bugs...he seems to think it was a beetle of some sort...it was dark in color pill shaped and small...I do not think it was a roach..asked dad if he wanted me to save it for identification purposes he said no.

I am thinking allergies are kicking my behind and I am going back to sleep.

Comment

Aloha all!

Still having issues with my Ipad. Think it's just getting old and the next time Patty comes in will have her take me to the Apple store which is hard for me to drive to and find a place to park.

Glad to see Jo here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~to all and have a good day.

Comment

Working...
                      X