News from Ellis About Jo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News from Ellis About Jo

Elaine, Jo asked me to send this to you.

The surgery is over and she is being transferred to an ICU. I'm waiting to see her in the ICU.

The cancer mass was a lot more extensive within the abdominal region than anyone expected so multiple colon resections had to be performed. Before the surgery, the surgeon told us that the examination of the MRI showed that the mass might intrude on other tissue and they wanted to insert stents in her ureters to help differtiate them during surgery. That proved to be a necessary procedure.

She also showed bruising and bleeding of the tissue due to her myeloproliferative disease which further complicated the surgery. They were unable to reconnect the sigmoid colon to the rectum. She will have a colostomy bag. The priority was to remove all the cancer. She will also require chemotherapy. The tissue surrounding the mass was biopsied and it appears that that tissue is cancer free. No definitive cancer stage as yet but the surgeon suggests that is Stage III.

Her case always seems to be extra difficult. But she is a strong woman and quite a fighter who takes things as they come.

They anticipate that she will be recuperating through next week so I will be at the hospital most of that time.

wow.. thats some news.... will be in prayer for Jo ..but glad her surgeons did not hesitate to get after all the cancer!...

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Oh my - it is very serious, indeed. Keeping Jo and Ellis in my heart.
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Thank you for the update. Prayers for both Jo and Ellis. As he said she is a strong woman and thankfully he is a strong man who will hold her up when she gets down. I also pray that during this recovery time that their children will step up and help them both out.

Comment

So glad to see some news from Jo. My prayers will continue for her and Ellis...that damn cancer just gets ahold of a person and takes control before anyone finds it...Bless her heart, she sure has a rough road to recovery, but being a strong woman and fighter is in her favor...much love, hugs and prayers to Jo...Ellis and family.
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

(((Jo & Ellis))) Will continue praying for you both. Thank you Ellis for keeping us informed.

Comment

Praying for all...

Comment

Sending good wishes for a good recovery. I'm sure she will handle this with her usual good spirits.

Comment

Prayers and good thoughts being sent. So glad for an update.

Comment

What more can I add, except my prayers for both of them. Jo's strength comes through in her posts and and I appreciate Ellis letting us know.
                    Love and prayers to Jo!

Comment

Oh my, that is a lot that Jo is going through. My heart and prayers with you both. And Elis thank you for letting us know and please don't stop. We care a lot about Jo and I have met you both a couple of times too. Please don't neglect your self as that is easy to do at a time like this. Aloha nui loa!

Comment

Thank you all. I'm still in ICU waiting for a room. THhis morning I I sat up. This afternoon I walked about 10-12 ft and back again, E sent another update to Elaine to post. I really don't have the energy.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                        X