Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday ~ March 9

Good Morning.

OMG! We have had 4 inches of rain in the last 12 hours and are under a tornado watch now.
    This year is starting out like last.

Well, better shut down some electronics.

Have a good day!

Wow Elaine not a good way to start the day...stay safe...praying for you guys to stop that darn rain.

Sectional delivered and set up yesterday, took them two hours from start to finish, every piece was in a box wrapped in plastic and with wood braces to keep it from shifting...It is a brand that is fairly new to the area, Elran. I love it, nice and firm, hope it stays that way, just got two reclining parts one on each end...and it is electric because I do not have the strength in my legs to close a recliner... Now just wait for hubby's recliner to get here, he likes LazyBoy and that is what we got...

Thinking I will do some baking today, got the wash done yesterday before the sectional got here, today cablevision people are scheduled, so need to get busy and also decide what I am preparing for supper...

Paula sure glad you are feeling better..
    Maxie, housework is over rated, go out and enjoy the outdoors and life, the house 'stuff' is always there, hubby's philosophy is, "who is going to see it, no one ever stops by", LOL finding that to be true the older I get and my friends are dropping like flies..

Nalani, your adventure sounded wonderful.
    JoG, hope you are doing okay today...

And to all that are lurking, passing through, reading, watching, responding, etc. I say a big hello, hope you world is getting better all the time...Love, hugs and prayers to all...find the happy in your world.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning from here

and terrible for Elaine!...wow.. hope she comes back on later and tell us all is OK..

moving slow this morning .. but had a great nights sleep.. the day will improve.

son Bruce and gd Dau .Carrie came up ,at my request , and added water to the tubes in the waterbed... its much firmer now.. so I slept like a log.
      more importantly,, we had a great 2 hr visit with them .made for a happy David.. Plus he went out yesterday. to car wash and the garage. without me nagging him...

((((((((((((((JoG)))))))))))))))))))

where are you JoS?
      and Jostoy?.

Whats cooking today Donna?.
      Paula.. my granddaughter Carrie is working in a day care ..loves it.. not here dream job after 4 hard colllege years... but when your degree is Creative writing . not a whole lot of places to work where she can use that particular degree. she writes at home all the time... hoping someday we will have a famous author... in the meantime. she works any job that gets her a paycheck.... she does like the kids tho;.

better get moving .. Hi to you . see yu later
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good moring a slow start to my day...Going back to bed to watch the the today show...house cleaning today..church tonight. Thursday is my full full day this week...volunteering in the morning..saint louis in the afternoon...my parents are coming for a few days..mom dad and I may go out for Supper.

Comment

Good morning.

Today is the liquid diet day. Also, as my lovely lady surgeon put it, my Crap Day. That part begins at 3 pm. 😝
          She called me to the hospital yesterday afternoon to sign permission papers for them to give my excess tissue for research. It will come from what they need to take out, but I was surprised they needed permission. I did sign the papers.
          Maybe it will help other people later on.

Today I will be getting things together that I'm bound to need/want at the hospital after tomorrow. What's nice tomorrow is that I won't see or feel anything unpleasant. (Tubes, etc. that will be attached/inserted.). I will be sleeping through it all, including the clean ups.). And I should be comfortable and not feel pains from the surgery.
          My big responsibility is getting through the cleansing preps today, and getting all my nail polish off. Don't know why that's important, but it's on the list.

Elaine, that's an awful lot of rain. Hope the storms pass without damage.
          Sharon, all is going smoothly here. Not a day I'm looking forward to but it's gotta all happen. 🙂
          Hi Maye, Beth, and all who follow.
          Have a beautiful day today.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning all

Late start for me today - Erin did NOT want to get up and move. I didn't get to work until almost 8:15!

BUT...a friend notified me I won a contest on one of our local TV stations - two tickets to a musical show called "Million Dollar Quartet". I checked the Civic Center's website - the tickets START at $45 each! Will have to run by and pick up the tickets sometime soon. Luckily the TV station isn't far from where I work!

Now to get some real work done. Y'all have a good 'un!
            The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

The predicted rain seems to be missing us and that is ok. Elaine can have the severe weather and I take a nice spring shower. Have nothing planned for today. Will use the leftover spaghetti sauce and have an easy spaghetti/meatball supper. Today is the last day we are eating late...the kids come in starving and fill up with junk and then no one wants to eat a meal, ANDREW! Jon is off tomorrow and regular schedule starts back Friday. Watched some of the election returns last night and it is an amazing what could be our next president. Scares me to death when I look at that group. And so now we are back to the twos....last night he missed 3x2. He is now finishing but the mistakes are just pressure and I feel so sorry for him but he appears to be proud to be this far. Last night Sierra helped him with his homework and I had told her to praise praise praise him. She said his math homework is advancing in the multiplication even though he is stuck on the twos. Jon is off tomorrow and he said he will meet the bus and take him to buy a new video game he wants. We are not trying to spoil or bribe but to just reward good hard work....even though we appear to be spinning our wheels. But I think he now realizes we are on his side and all we require is his trying. Gotta get through those damn twos!!! I am sick of those damn twos....bet you people are pretty darn sick of hearing about them too. No plans for today and I did take the day off housework last week when I shopped with my sister and now I must stay home until I get all of that shopping paid for! Blues have been off and are back tonight. Missed them but have been watching spring training baseball. Each of the kids have new Cardinal shirts for thier Easter Baskets. Scott sent a picture of Easter ceramics I made when Tinker and I took classes years ago. I thought they were long lost or broken but he has had them. Tinker was so much more talented than I but we loved those weekly trips...funny how one thing can bring back a memory. Think I settle in for another cup of coffee...gotta get dressed so I can take bills to the mailbox to be picked up. House temp is 71....warmest it has been in here since October.

Comment

Jo I have heard the no nail polish rule is because they can watch your oxygen level by your nail bed colors can watch circulation that way as well.

Comment

Good morning, all. Woke at midnight but fell asleep in my chair for a while so I'm feeling rested.

Today is lunch at the community hall. Not going because I have started to pay attention to what I'm eating. Bingeing is definitely out. Hope I can get rid of this extra weight.

Elaine, that's an awful lot of rain at once. I think it would take at least 4 days to get that much here.

Maye, glad you had a nice time with your family members.

JoG, good luck with all your procedures.

Everyone have a good day.

Comment

Jo, that is what I was going to say, too. Good luck with all of the prep today!
                    I hope all goes safely for Elaine, too. We have storms and wind forecast for the week.
                    Maye, good for your granddaughter to work in such a great job! Being surrounded by little kids and ( hopefully) their parents who appreciate all that creativity she has to offer!
                    Have a great day, Everyone!
                    Sharon, thanks. It is amazing how much better a person can feel in a short time!

Comment

Thank you all for your good wishes.

Maye, your granddaughter should get plenty of material for creative writing from the kids. She should carry a notebook and write what the kids do or say. Someday it'll probably come in handy.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Aloha all!

Good luck on your prep day, Jo. Beth is right about why the polish needs to be removed. Will be praying for you.

Wow, that is a lot of rain, Elaine. Hope there is no damage for you.

We had rain last night and it is very windy this morning so think I shall walk the halls rather then around the building. I live on the top floor (third) and one of my neighbors had a major leak in her apartment from the rain. Hope they can get that fixed right away. Not a good thing to have.

Have a good day all!

Comment

We have thankfully missed the heavy rain that was predicted. The rain is light if any and the temps are warm. Only icky thing is the sun is not shining. Drew came in last evening with the reddest face and sweaty. They had been playing basketball and I told him from what I saw it was more wrestling. Our thermo cups came in yesterday so the school is free to send the candy home tonight. Boy this state just stinks in what it does for our school kids. A billionaire governor has no idea what the rest of the world faces day to day. No medical bills have been paid on employees insurance since July. Premiums are paid but there the obligation ends. This is done to hurt the union workers into submission. Ah, there I go! You know how my soapbox gets set up when it concerns politics in this state. Nothing new from here...need to exchange the shorts I bought Drew for a smaller size and then use the Kohl's cash I received and pick up a couple of more pairs. He liked the shirts enough to take home. We have a difference of opinion on style. Sierra is not coming today since she has a mid term she is worried about and needs to study. She is so ready for a break even though this semester is flying by. Where is the time going? Jo hope today goes by quickly for you and will be thinking of you. Cookie, I hate cooking and you make me feel bad at what I feed my family. Elaine, so glad we are missing the rain and storms. Sharon, how did the furniture look once in? Beth, I would think Dollar Store would be a good place to work...always something to do or someone to talk with. To everyone I missed Happy Thursday. Blues beat the Hawks last night! Giving myself the night off from kitchen duty just have to decide where we go to eat. Yes we are still on the twos...kid has a mental block and misses one every time, a different one. Why can't that teacher just give it to him? A week of missing one is getting old...he knows them so just give him a break! What does that do to a kids ego?

Comment

Working...
                          X