Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, March 7

Hello, Everyone. :

Hope your week ahead looks sunny and happy. We are having the most delicious weather here.

What did you think about the ending of Downton Abbey? Didn't matter to me how they wrapped it up. Just wish they hadn't wrapped it.
    Did you watch the BAFTA Award for Downton Abbey? You MUST see it.

Well, nothing much to talk about. Hope you each have a good day. Hugs to All ~ ~ ~

Morning all

Elaine - yes, I watched the finale of Downton Abbey. I thought it was rather rushed they way they wrapped it all up in the final show. WAY too predictable. I did not watch the BAFTA awards preceding the show.

Not much new happening here. Erin's teacher gave her an over-the-weekend assignment to write a 5-paragraph paper on who she thinks should be elected as the new President. This is a subject Erin is passionate about - she wrote TWO typewritten, single-spaced pages! And had it finished before I got home from work on Saturday and ready to go. FINALLY! Something she can sink her teeth into!

Chris is very disappointed that he never received any other communication about that job. He did his taxes yesterday and owes over $1200. Not sure how we will come up with it, but we will work it out.

Nalani - did you & Bim see any whales on your trip?

OK - it's time for another cup of coffee and to get this office cranked up. Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning, weather man says we are in for some nice warm weather, works for me...so nice that hubby gets to get up to daylight and come home in daylight, but like he said, "when the time changes, so will that"!

I was not a Downtown Abby watcher, wanted to, but was not hubby's thing.. Pat that is great about Erin's paper, like you said, something she gets into..so sorry about Chris, taxes, job, etc., just pick himself up, dust himself off and look for another one..

Elaine, bet you are really enjoying that nice weather, we could use some for sure, I just keep thinking each day brings it closer...looking forward to seeing daffodils blooming..pray that John is getting some spunk back with all he has and is going through...have they found out what is going on with his blood counts?

Thinking of JoS and pray that she is and will be okay...

I need to go to the vet clinic today and get meds for the kitties, seems one now has worms, which is strange since they are inside cats and do not eat anything but cat food, BUT, there is one kind of worm you can get from eating a flea also...so even though they get treated for fleas he still could have ingested one. I can see the vet clinic from my house...great people work there also...didn't know such a thing could happen, but it has...good thing they have black fur or not sure how he would have had them had I not seen one on him...

Well off to read the news, drink my coffee and get this day started, so wanting to enjoy a nice day outside...

Praying for JoG...

Have a great day one and all.. see ya

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning...headed to my sisters after bit...then the donut shop...and the bus stop...I need to go to aldi. Then come home and work on the house..my parents are coming on Friday...not sure how long they will stay...I am excited to see them...I don't think we will plan a lot...my mom isn't feeling so good after this chemo..today she is dealing with a bloody nose and achy body. I will be buying some of the things that I know my parents love...apple sauce good peanut butter and cottage cheese for my father...salad mix cherry tomatoes for mom...won't get mom's salad mix until thursday. Will also get the stuff to make snickerdoodles and brownies...Incase you can't tell I am excited to have company coming.

Everyone have a great day.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
          Can't believe our weather/temps have dropped so much. It's been up in the 80's, but today's high will be 68°, and tomorrow 61°. The 80's will hit again Thursday when I'm in the hospital. Crazy, huh?

Well my big day is coming. Today the blood infusion, tomorrow the labs again. I'm still feeling very positive about it.
          Ellis was telling a family member about it on the phone. What popped out of my mouth was, "That mass never should have been there. I'm a lapsed Catholic!"

As much as we like British TV, Downton Abby is one show we hadn't watched.

Pat, it's nice to hear that Erin is so passionate about some things. Do you think she would take that direction in life? I think we need to see more capable women in politics.
          Sorry about Chris' not getting that job, but if they're that rude it's probably for the best. There are other jobs he can try for I'm sure, that he'd be happier in.

Sharon, I never knew that about cats. My cats were indoor/outdoor, and I put a bit of yeast in their food weekly. They liked it in wet food (a treat) ..... It's supposed to put a taste in their blood that fleas/ticks don't like. They never had flea/tick problems at all.
          And....thank you.

Hi to all who follow. Have a beautiful day! 🌺

So...I should probably get some breakfast and my cuppa.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good rainy morning, all. It let up a while yesterday but started again during the night. Love the breaks between as it gives the earth a chance to soak up the water instead of running off. Here it just runs down to Woods Creek about 1/3 mile away. Then on to the Tuolumne River and Don Pedro Dam where it's collected for irrigation in the Valley.

Last night I defrosted some homemade clam chowder added 4 crackers and some Swiss cheese and called it dinner. I have gained 6 lbs. in the last couple of months. That's gotta go. My clothes are getting too tight.
            I will go to the Senior Lunch today but will eat only the healthy stuff. Won't miss the brown rice that they overcook anyway and seldom eat sliced bread or margarine ever. Picky, Picky!

JoG, you will be on my mind all day today. Good luck.

Pat, it's great to see that Erin has a subject that gets her going. In our before graduation test we were given a choice of subjects to write on. I chose prejudice as my subject and did a huge rant. Vice-principle told me I was 3rd from the top of 100 students.

Running out of word so will just ~~~~~~

Comment

Pat, that is great about Erin, and a subject that won't be over for quite awhile...I would love to read her paper! Becky is very much interested in politics and cantbwaitbtomgave another political science class. Most of her courses she is doing online, but said she wants to take her political science ones on campus so she can get into conversations and discussions more. The woman in charge of the shelter is on the county steering committee and was talking to Becky and invited her to come to their meetings...maybe something Erin would like to do...
              Good morning. I was just excited about Pat's news.
              We watch Downton but dvr it and watch on Monday evening.
              Today I have a city inspector coming to sign off on this heating/ air conditioner. And since the unit is on the roof, the heating secretary asked me if I have a ladder. I don't. I would think an inspector would bring his own on a city vehicle, wouldn't you? So, the heating company said they will send over one of their people with a ladder...so, we'll see.
              JoG, hugs and loves...
              I am not a fan of the time change, but once the kids get used to it and their sleep patterns even out, I love the longer daylight when it is warmer. Walking outside and my bike are such a relaxing way to unwind after my day.
              Better get it started, though...rainy here so I need a few more projects.
              Have a good Monday!

Comment

Good Morning

Ah Paula beat me to posting today.!!!.. only because I am making a HUGE pot of spag. sauce.. to share with daughter.. it is simmering now.. and will be for about 4 more hours....

David is out in the car... trip to the bank.. I feel like I have waiting on a teenager , new driver to get back home...

Pat. its good to hear Erin is excited over something so in the News, and a very concerning subject for our young people...

(((((((((JoG)))))))))))))))).. LOL .. at your joke... No mass for you!

I liked the time change . more when I was giving lessons every evening .. so the students would have daylight to come and go by.
                but now..I like the early morning light better.. will take either one if it comes with sunshine and some warmer air.

better to stirring the pot...
                Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Did the time change? Did I miss it? Jon has a a training week so I will have to meet the bus and we will eat later. Maybe we can have homework out the way before dad even gets home? Think I will run into Penney's while I am out grocery shopping today and look around to kill time. I already did all of today's housework and we are having breakfast for supper so meal planning is even finished. No sun today but I have enjoyed the spring training baseball games and am now anxious for baseball to come back regularly. Of course the Blues will make the playoffs so still half a season of hockey to go yet. Sorry about Chris' job and taxes but happy Erin has a passion. Even if it is politics! Florida has a big day coming up. Need to shower and travel out of here. Hate grocery shopping, meal planning, house cleaning, laundry...just not a domestic type of gal!

Comment

No, it's coming this Sunday.
                    Just had to post:
                    The City inspector arrived right on time.
                    Not the heating company with the ladder. The City guy came in a car, so I understand why he couldn't bring a ladder.
                    Have to reschedule.
                    Need I say more?

Comment

Hey there! It's a pretty sunny day here and suppose to be in the 60's & 70's this week.

Yesterday was good. Got organized for my tax appt and completed decorating baked thumbprints...2 kinds. Went to SIL's mom's to play cards last night. Kathy showed up for the night...wasn't suppose to be here until Wednesday.

This morning had tax appt at H&R Block. Wouldn't you know the appt I scheduled online didn't go thru to that office. So I had to wait an hour for my chosen person. I picked the most experienced one. Of course I still needed a couple more pieces of info to complete them & will fax that in once I get it. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring.

Maxie...time change is this coming Sunday. Maybe they haven't made a decision yet Pat. Glad to hear Erin did that assignment easily. My Becca is a wonderful writer and whips them off quickly. That sure helps when they go to college. Bethina....did you see they are going to have adult rain boots on sale at Aldi's for $14.99? I know you mentioned something about going to buy a pair the other day.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Cookie I saw that when I was there today....of course they won't go out on the floor until later this week...I am hoping they still have some Friday...that is the first chance that I will have to look at them...and then only if my mom is feeling up to it...according to my sister my mom can barely sit up...and IF I make her too tired dad will take her home.

Comment

Aloha all!

Congratulations to Erin! Good for her. Yes, we did see lots of whales. Will talk about it below.

Thinking and praying for you, Jo.

I had the Season disc for Downton Abby and had watched the ending a couple of weeks ago, but did not say anything to anyone as I didn't want to be a spoil sport. Sorry it ended as I really liked that program

We saw many whales yesterday on the Whale Watch cruise. It was hosted by the AAUW so now touristy stuff which was nice. However while waiting to board we had to sit in the few chairs ( I was lucky there) or stand in the hot sun and that almost did me in. I had a hat and shorts and lucky I had brought a light jacket and was able to drape it over my legs. But the vee in my shirt and arms got quite burned. And the let me and other feeble old people board first. But seeing so much whale activity was wonderful. Some of it quite close up and when that happened the boat would come to a complete standstill with motor off. We had had s nice lunch before had at one of the restaurants overlooking Ma'alaea Harbor. Needless to say I was bushed last night.

Have a good rest of the day all!

Comment

Working...
                          X