Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~March 6th

Morning all

Finally got 8 great hours of sleep last night. I was so wiped out by the time I got home! Chris ordered pizza - Erin had her BFF Chloe over to spend the night. We watched TV and I passed out on the couch around 8:30. Chris woke me up and made me go to bed around 9:30 - I didn't wake up until 5:15 this morning! YAY!

Tonight is the final episode of "Downton Abbey". Makes me sad - I will miss it tremendously.

Can you believe it's the first weekend of March and I need to mow the backyard already? It's almost a foot high out there! It's gonna be a long season of yard work, but I think it'll be worth it!

Think I'll go dig in the freezer and see what we've got to cook for today. Chris and I both have the day off!

But first, more coffee. Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good Morning....darn cat(s) had me awake at 5:45 a.m., this makes me very cranky!!! Between them and the hubby snoring I may just hide in the spare bedroom!!

I am looking forward to camping, but inside a motorhome the snoring seems louder, LOL I am going shopping this week and buying him a mouth piece to see if that helps and those strips for over your nose...why should I be the one that has to wear ear plugs every night? !!

Okay enough moaning and groaning for me, it usually takes a lot to get me riled up, so need 'to let it go' to get my day started..

About the other day, my Remicade and the nurses starting the IV's, to be honest, I know it bothers them also they can't get a vein, and I don't want to throw much of a fuss because I get the same nurses every 8 weeks and I don't want to be the one they whisper about or dread seeing because of my attitude...I think maybe they are in a position they were put in, not by choice and I have veins but they hide, curl, etc. have had many others tell me that also. So I feel bad for the nurses as badly as I feel about being the one poked on...'be nice, be kind, be careful how you speak to others, etc...I can get upset and speak up when needed, just didn't feel that was warranted...

Have no plans to do much of anything today, cook dinner, watch the Nascar race...sounds like we have some warm weather coming to us this week...sounds good to me..today they say possibly some freezing mix early then changing over...

Pat, at least your yard isn't really big is it? Here we have over an acre to mow and trim, thankfully the hubby does it...he really doesn't like it when it has to be done twice a week...but it looks so nice when it is done...I love a nice, neat looking yard..Enjoy your day together today.

Well time to get off of this computer...have a great day one and all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning.

Pat, our yard needs mowing, too.

Sharon, I gave up sleeping with John YEARS ago. I need to sleep as much as he does.

Nothing going on here. Having ribs for lunch. Maybe a sweet potato and something green.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good morning...
        Nothing much going on today. My last "day of rest" before a very busy (medically speaking) week.
        Today I need to pack a birthday box for a young GGS. E will mail it when he can.
        I'm supposed to be on a very high protein diet through today. Lots of fish, chicken, eggs. I think I'll make biscuits today to go with that. I like breads.
        Tomorrow, the blood infusion that I need.
        Oh, I was told I would be in the main hospital for the surgery. Somehow that means my oncologist can't be there. *evil grin*. I'm sure the surgeon let him know that his office should have already had me infused as my counts are low enough to make me get dizzy spells, and I'm so close to anemia. I wish I could have listened to the several "talks" she had with him during my appointment with her.
        Well, enough hospital drama.

I like hearing about the grass that you're already mowing. We have Rock-hard ground and gravel. I barely recall the last time I stretched out on the grass, mown or not, to watch clouds drift by. An occasional neighbor puts sod down, and spends a fortune in this drought-ridden area, keeping it green. I don't think they appreciate me stretching out on it. 😆

Well, now to get my ☕️ and decide on breakfast.
        Have a great day, everyone!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning...I had a crisis late last night...called my parents at 10 to make sure that I took care of everything properly...I did...what happened was I flooded my bathroom...I have a walk in shower with the drain in the floor....well the water went around the wall..its done this before but not quiet at bad as last night...for an unknown reason mom has cloth baskets that sit under the think that hold my towels and wash clothes...They were soaked half way up along with all the towels that were in them...I put all the towels in the washer last before I went to bed.

I am going to a different Bible Study group this morning with my friend because our regular group isn't meeting today. When I come home I am going to clean on the house more...mom and dad will be here Friday.

Comment

Good Morning . supposedly going up to 45 today... and sun . so far neither has appeared

Sharon, I did not realize this was a return/usual trip for you and the needle nurses. ... I guess they all have to learn how to do the procedure. and you couldn't yell any way.. you are just too nice.!... ( not old enough to qualify for "grumpy old women " yet)...

Elaine, I too left my husbands bed . when I had the tail bone operation... D. sleeps in the middle of the bed ,legs curled around a pillow... that is the only way he gets relief from back pain.. but that put his knee smack dab on my tailbone... so I departed . never to return to the other bed. which is a water bed , which I love. ..

speaking of yards,, I don't know why but surgeon advised David to get someone else to mow the yard this Summer. . but I heard it.. and I will nag the sons. and son in law. to jump in here... maybe get grandkids involved... I don't mow... lawn mowers hate me.. they break down the minute I set down on them... don't laugh.. call and ask David..Maybe get a neighbor??, he tends to mow down 6-8 ft into our yard anyhow..

had Ice cream cake with Granddau Hannah.. 19th birthday.... all three kids were there . took picture wish I knew how to upload from the iphone to here ... anybody got instructions for me?.

see you later...someone is saying .. Come here a minute

Hi Justy
            Hi Paula
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good sunny Sunday morning! Blue skies with fluffy white clouds...a small break, but a welcome one.
              I don't have much to do today other than church and gong through the nightgowns for the quilts for my friend. She wants one for herself besides the baby quilt. So I am separating plaids and "boy" type flannels.
              Yesterday we made a coconut pie bar with the best shortbread cookie crust! Today I am making Pat's mom's banana pudding with vanilla wafers. Miss Betty's Banana pudding...has a charm just saying it. Like Aunt Maye's Mac and Cheese...
              Well, I need to start getting ready for the day...hope you all have a good day!

Comment

Very late this morning...laid in bed and watched a dumb movie. No kids today and still have those leftovers to use up so no cooking either. Today I have another Spring Training game and hockey this evening. No grass cutting here for a long time yet. Still feeling a little blah today so may just have a do nothing day...happy sunday!

Comment

Hello All!!!! I guess I never made it here yesterday. My feet hit the floor running and I just kept plugging along all day.

Corky FINALLY got my dishwasher completely fixed. I would have bought a new one months ago, but he keeps buying parts and watching YouTube videos on how to repair & install. whatever. I went to Dollar General yesterday because they had an add'l 50% off coupon on all clearance items. Got a few things, with 5 medium sized cans of baked beans for $.55 ea being my most thrilling find. Came home and started baking off the 5 kinds of cookie dough I had mixed up the day before. Quite a few phn calls fit in btw all that too. Becca made it to Myrtle Beach safe & sound.

This morning was church & SS. Came home & worked on organizing the tax information for tomorrow morning's 9am appt at H&R Block. Will put the finishing touches on 2 of the cookie batches then prepare for tonight's cards. My Mom is coming here & then my SIL is picking us up to go to her Mom's to play for the evening. Picking up a Pizza Hut pizza for dinner along the way. I'm taking veggies & dip and a plate of cookies.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Aloha all!

Nice day here and around noon, Bim and I will go on a Whale Watching Cruise. We were given two tickets by a couple who left to live in Vermont last week and they had been given the tickets by another resident here who won them and didn't want to go. So Bim and I lucked out. We will have a nice lunch at a nice restaurant first. Should be fun and if we don't see any whales at least it should be a nice sail.

Have a good rest of the day all!

Comment

Working...
                    X