Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March First

Good Morning, Everyone.

About the cows. SOMEone left the gate open. Cows are always looking for an open gate. LOL

Just another day in paradise here. Nothing to report.

Hope all is well. Have a great day!

Camelia's in bloom here.
    Last edited by ladyebug; 03-01-2016, 07:33 AM.

Morning all

Elaine - those camellias are gorgeous!

The weather here is beautiful - mid 70's during the day and sunny. People are on the beach daily enjoying it.

Aunt Maye - I wish you were here!

Maybe Chris will hear something about the job today - keeping EVERYTHING crossed that it's good news!

For now, more coffee. Y'all have a good 'un!

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning.
      Again I woke too early. Couldn't get back to sleep.
      Been catching up with calls from the hospital since we got home. Am anxious to get my next two appointments over with this week (Thursday & Friday), so they can get busy with fixing me up.
      Meanwhile, that delightful chore of laundry will be what I deal with today.

Hope you all haves good day! ☺️
      Last edited by JoGee; 03-01-2016, 07:43 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning....we have a winter storm watch here, so I can't go to the beach, LOL (white sand around my pool)

Elaine I have never seen or heard of a camellia, but I will be checking them out come spring, it is beautiful...have to laugh at you cow stories, they are loveable creatures...how is John doing?

Aunt Maye, what happened when Dave was driving? Sounds like you should be the one driving still...hope he behaves himself so you can get a break (rest)

Donna, I pray that your change of meds continue to help you feel better...that diabetes can be a terrible thing to deal with. You have to be well way to many depend on you, but you do need to take care of yourself and not take on to much baking.

JoG, hope you can get the answers and treatments needed soon, take some of the worry away.

Paula, waiting to see what today brings for you.

Justy, where are you? Kind of worried.

Bethina, hope your headache is better today.

Pat, keeping good vibes for Chris to hear something positive...and your weather sounds perfect.

To everyone that is typing or will pass this way today, hope your world is A okay.

Hubby's Grandpa made it through surgery just fine yesterday, I so wanted to be there but having a bit of a Crohns flare so being away from home was not an option. The man will be 91 his month and he has so much 'spunk' the Drs. and staff are amazed...Because of his age they want to keep him until Wednesday, he is anxious to get home to his dog..he has a poodle that is spoiled rotten that is with his granddaughter right now and she will be glad when he is home also..

Not much on my agenda today, what and see what the weather brings, hoping to make one quick run to the store...Have a great day one and all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was good. I cooked all morning. My SIL Sherry came and got Blaise off the bus while I went and delivered the food to Corky & his gang for lunch. Had a nice visit with my SIL. Just puttered my afternoon away. I went through more of my cooking magazines ripping out recipes that sound like a possibility and pitching the rest. I bet I have close to 3 yrs worth of magazines to go through. Think I'm only going to get All Recipes and Taste of Home after this.

This morning I'm going to Aldi's & WM. Not sure what the rest of the day will hold. Nothing planned.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Haircut day! Yay!!!! Since I am going home for a haircut I will do some banking, get stamps, fill the car with gas and run into my old pharmacy for an over the counter stockup. Drew not only has an inhaler but a touch of poison ivy from hauling wood with his uncle. That kid and his dad can catch poison ivy if they drive within 10 miles of a plant! Looks like it is raining but no matter. I already have a pot of spaghetti sauce in the crock pot and Sierra will be in around noon so she can give it a stir. I need this haircut so badly........I will feel like a new person soon!

Comment

Good morning! I am feeling better this morning...the doctor found infection in one ear and fluid behind the other ear drum...gave me and antibotic and shot to make the head ache go away..

Today is a HUGE day for me...at noon or so the man will be here to evaluate my driving to see if I will be able to drive over here or if I need practice or what...I am nervous...I am only going to drive on back roads anyways...My parents are having my car fixed the right way...it had some issues that were rather expensive that needed fixing for a while now but we just patched the problems over for the time being...so before my parents bring my car to me or sell it depending on what the guy says today. daddy wanted it fixed the right way.

Comment

Camellias are beautiful. My first flower from a boy was a camellia wrist corsage, a white flower.
                It looks so much like a rose, but the leaves are waxy- looking. And pretty delicate. My corsage was brown (bruised) before I left the dance.

Then when I lived in Mississippi a couple decades later, the house had this "box hedge" around it. We weren't allowed to dig up plants, even if we planted other stuff there. So I thought to ruin it by pouring pickle juice around the roots. Guess what! Later those bushes produced scads of white camellias! Nobody around there had seen those bushes flower before. 😄 I was just elated. (Im sure they are not strong enough to live here in the desert, or else I'd have planted some.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Oops, I can't make a correction. It's the camellia petals that had a waxier look, not the leaves.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Camellias are all ver Red Bluff. They bloom early and then again...we have red and pink ones. They just don't have a good stem for picking for a vase but they look good in a shallow bowl for a little bit.
                    Hydrangeas also are a bush of choice around here as are gardenias.
                    March came in like a lamb here. Hope the same can be said about my heater testing!
                    Hope all have a great day...I will come back and post results later.

Comment

Good morning, all. Sunny day again but more rain expected by Wed. Still need it and it has been too warm for the snow in the mountains so it's melting too early.

Nothing much happening here right now. Will make a carrot cake for friend Twilla's B-day. Will take it to the Senior lunch tomorrow.

Boffler, Camellias are the flower of Sacramento. They bloom everywhere there. We have one plant on this property but I haven't been down to where it is to see if it's blooming yet. It was gorgeous last year.

Gotta run. Later.

Comment

Testing all done. Now reports will go in, some final papers come to me and someone, probably me, sends in the results to the electric company and I hope to get a rebate...after all this!

Comment

Aloha all!

I don't think camellias grow in Hawaii. They might in the higher elevations, but I don't remember ever seeing any. They sure are pretty though.

Nice day here and I went for my morning walk around the outside of the building. Will play Bingo this afternoon. Played for the first time here on Saturday and won the jackpot. Beginner's luck I think.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                          X