Good Monday Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Monday Morning

Good morning...I am up but not fully awake yet...will be more awake after my shower..and couple cups of coffee..would prefer a diet coke...but I didn't pick one up...and I don't as a rule keep them in the house...

I have discovered that max the bird perfers fox news channel over the music channels... I went yesterday and took care of all the animals....today is my really long volunteer day...I have stuff packed up to color adult coloring pages with Miss B and Mary. Its going to confuse them to see me today but I decided to add a day this week while my family is away and my schedule will allow...if this works out it could end being an every Monday deal...

Good Morning to all....Bethina sounds like a great day ahead for you...like the idea of adult coloring books, sure are a lot of people doing those now.

Elaine hope John is feeling somewhat better..
    Paula, hope whatever bug you have is almost gone now.
    JoG, hoping you hear from the surgeon or someone about what comes next.
    Maye, is Dave behaving himself? Did you get some rest this weekend?

I sent jostoy a picture of white snow, she sent me a picture back of white sandy beach!! Didn't think that was very nice, LOL...but then I sent her a picture of our nice temps in the 60's...she sent me another nice picture of sun and beaches. She has made some friends and is really enjoying herself...

I had a very nice weekend...my brother in law is with a group called SOS (sharing our sobriety) has been now for 13 years, last year one of their members was in a motorcycle accident, young girl fell asleep at the wheel at 4:00 p.m. went left of center and hit him, he ended up in the ditch and also hurt really bad, lost his left leg, well her insurance only covered 100,000 which left him with lots of debt...the SOS had a benefit for him and we went to that, so many nice people, and they all ride motorcycles, most ride Harley's. The day was so nice out and some of those bikes are amazing..also hubby and I got out and about which was also nice...sometimes it is just nice to get away from the computer, IPads and such and enjoy your life. Also got my grocery shopping done, when I got home hubby says, "I thought you were making a quick run for a few things"? Well I did, but I always run into people I know or get to know while shopping, I must just have one of those friendly faces and people start talking to me, well that is what happened and then we found we had a lot of people in common, so I was gone over two hours, LOL...

Watched the Nascar races also, so glad it is race season again, we probably enjoy that sport more than any of them...made homemade pizza and a reduced calorie and sugar cherry cheesecake...so a nice ending to a great weekend..Now today is change the sheets on the bed and pay the bills, balance the checkbook..since debit cards it is harder to keep up with the checkbook, fill up the pages to fast, LOL..

Well to all those typing while I am, good morning to all, hope your day is a good one.

Curious to hear how Maxie's weekend went...

Hope to see some sunshine today, they are predicting us to get wind, rain, and snow by weeks end.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
      The sun isn't even nearly up yet, or maybe it's still cloudy out there. Looks like we have a few days back down to the 70's now. I'm planning on a bit of yard work if nothing interferes. I do have a few medical calls/emails to do this morning. If I wait for them, the wait can go for weeks on end. I'm wondering if the surgeon can set the surgery date now, while I can get it sooner, rather than after the CT Scan? (This is going to run into my oncology's phlebotomy and low hemoglobin treatment.). Sorry....this is my little world now.

Still haven't gotten my new mop yet. Gotta get my man on the ball. Maybe I should stick to the old rag mops?

My GDs birthday was returned this weekend...,3 weeks after I mailed it. It's marked that she's not at that address. The entire side of the envelope was slashed open, but fortunately her check wasn't taken. Her moms card was also returned about a week ago, so we will hand deliver them this coming weekend. Tucson no longer has a mail sorting station. It's done in Phoenix, where my kids live! A note online to the postmaster is certainly interesting order.

My brother's lady is having heart on Wednesday. If they can't reach the artery blockage behind her heart, they'll have to do open heart surgery. I am concerned. I really care about this lovely woman.

Beth, the volunteering should prove a fun day for you. The coloring pages should be fun. I was thinking of getting one of thos books.

Hi Sharon. Your dinner sounds delish! Sounds like you had a good weekend.

To everyone, it's a new week....have a great day!!! 😃🎶🎶
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! Yesterday turned into a pretty day and it looks like today will be the same.

Yesterday was good. I made a Hummingbird Cake for the first time & it was a big hit. I took over a big chunk to Aunt J's and Uncle Dave was into it almost immediately. Will take a big chunk down to the restaurant later this morning for them to sample. Picked up Aunt J and we went to her granddaughter Shawna's for a Norwex party. Spent my Christmas money on cleaning products...am I crazy? I also booked a party for a few months from now. Came home, fed Blaise, and then we headed out the door. He went to Kids Club at church and I then went to my brother's house and we played cards. Was an early evening. I was home before 10pm.

A Blaise story. So on Saturday Blaise had all his Pokemon cards taken from him because he got up into the cupboard in the pantry and took my entire stock pile that I bought to give to him slowly but surely for achievements. He then had to earn them back. Yesterday morning I let him pick 2 and that brought his total up to 8 cards that he had earned back. When I got home from the party yesterday afternoon, he didn't come running out, but rather was locked in his room. I called to him and he said "Wait". I could hear a lot of shuffling. I looked into the pantry where I moved the cards to a new hiding place, and there was a chair and an almost empty bag of Pokemon. I promptly unlocked the door (with a tiny screwdriver), took ALL the cards, and paddled his behind. He now doesn't get any cards until next Sunday. Anyways, I ask him WHY he did it when he KNEW I would find out, and ...this where it gets funny...he said he was just going to sneak ONE, but when he got there his brain (and he's pointing to his head) told him to take them all. We talked about the commandment Thou Shalt Not Steal and how you don't always listen to your head....though it's usually not listening to your heart. He didn't argue cause he KNEW he was wrong. It's stuff like this that scares the crap out of me. I worry he's going to turn out like Kathy.

This morning I'm heading into town to pick up a few supplies from Aldi's and go to the bank. We have to meet Corky after he gets off work at a car garage because his car is getting repaired and he'll need a ride home. That means I'll have no car tomorrow until he gets off work and we pick it up. They are cutting their hours back to 8 hr a day. When he started working for this place, they were working 6 10hr days, so big hit to the small paycheck. Hope work comes soon for the Union. We are managing, but.... After we get home from the garage and grab a quick bite to eat, I have to take Ophellia (Kathy's little kitty) to the vet for her shots & then she's staying the night & getting fixed in the morning. I'll be picking her up tomorrow evening at the same time as today. After this I won't have to worry about any surprise litters of kittens. Kathy wasn't going to get around to doing this, so I am.

Got to run.....have a good one all!

Comment

Morning all

Weekend? What weekend? Mine was spent in a classroom. We finished up the class yesterday - had to take a comprehensive test. Teacher told us if we got 50% of them right, we were doing good. I got 60 and Chris got 66, so no worries. We have TONS of studying to do before we even contemplate taking the licensure exam.

Back to work this morning. Should be quiet.

Y'all have a good 'un!
          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning .

sun is shining and getting warmer by the min...
            Sharon, David is behaving . but really wanting to drive again..sees the surgeon this week, and maybe he will give him the Ok to start driving again.
            he still gets weak in the legs so no walking the road or trail yet. will test him be taking him to stores...

all nice long post this morning .

Beth,glad you had a good day at work.
            JoG.. following your health problems. so complicated.. but you are handling it well
            Donna.. new cake is yummy!... all that food at Shawnas and I came home and ate your cake ...if Corkie won't assume the role of 'Meany".. with Blaise you will have to... B. knows you love him , so don't back down on discipline at this age... will pay off when he reaches the terrible teens.
            ...... and that is the nag for the day.

D. being antsy.. so might take him to town to walk around Bonton 2. or even Boscovs..

and hello to all

Justy hope you are well this morning
            and you too Paula.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Donna......1st.....get that idea out of your head about the boy being just like his mom......don't make it a self-fulfilling prophesy. He is a person unto himself, and he is doing what kids do....stretching limits to see how far he can go. All kids do that.
              The other thing, not just Stealing, but this is a matter of Trust. Ask him if he Trusts you to continue his rewards. If he does, he doesn't need to Steal. Not even 1 card! Let him know, also, that if he continues to Steal, NOBODY will trust him.
              It's very hard to earn back Trust.
              (My son got this lecture from me. I told him, also, that word gets around. His friends and classmates will know he can't be Trusted. They won't want anything to do with him. Stealing & Distrust is bad news, and if HE can't fix it, then nobody will want him around. And if he does this to his family, well.........losing the trust of the people who love you the most, is the hardest thing in the world.). I let him ponder that, and of course his mind showed him a jeopardy he'd create for himself that he couldn't abide. And that is something he lets his own grandkids know today.
              Oh, he did push his limits again as an older teen. Serious stuff. I told him if he finds himself in jail, don't call home. But keep the number of a good lawyer in his wallet. I didn't raise him to do those things, but to be a better person. If he continues on that path, he's on his own. After some thought he asked me what he should do. I told him stop doing all those things, move away from the street boys, get a decent job, clean up his act....if he can't do that, he won't be a "real man". This was his 2nd chance. There IS NO 3rd chance, because (as my dad always said) "3 strikes and you're OUT, buddy!" I didn't say those things to be cold, but tough love was needed, and he needed a mental jolt to take it seriously.
              I'm glad to say he's a calmer, honest man today. He keeps busy with family, which has grown large.

So, Trust is as important a subject as No Stealing.
              .................................................. .............................

Hi Maye. Thank you for the compliment.

Oh, the hummingbird cake sounds so good. I had some once, long ago, but never made it myself. I'm afraid if I found myself living close to you guys there, I'd become a blimp! 😂

Hope everyone is well today.

Pat, you and Chris did good!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Weekend ended up being not at all what I planned. Did not go shopping at the big mall Saturday. We did grill Sunday but just the two of us...Drew stayed home and played with his cousin. Sounds like a better deal for him! He did call to tell me about the monster jam and was telling me about the various pieces of cars that fell off, etc. I have no idea what he was talking about but over the phone it is easy to fake enthusiasm. He will be back tonight after school and then can tell me in person what a crank shaft is. I think this warm weather has brought out some allergies with a runny nose and just not feeling well. But never fear, Mother Nature will take care of that Wednesday when she brings back in cold and rain changing to snow. Oh my, I remember handing out baseball/hockey cards out as rewards only when Jon got older it was entire boxes for grades. We had a friend who ran a card shop and would sell me boxes of them at cost. Andrew has a book someplace that explains each pokemon character and he spent a lot of time looking up each card but now has moved on to other interests...video games. Need to drag out the sewing machine and cut and sew the valances. I am not a very good sewer and the thought of cutting that panel is scary. Darn machine will not sew a straight line! Did run to Kmart, Target, walmart looking for a comforter for my bed and found nothing. No wonder on line shopping is so popular...stores do not carry any selections anymore but complain that they have no foot traffic. Well, duh, put something on your shelves. Glad Jostoy is enjoying her winter. Thinking of you JoGee...Good morning to all!

Comment

Maxie, try Overstock.com for deals, if you go the online route.

Thanks for thinking of me. Did get through to the surgeons office. We have an appointment to meet her on March 4th and go from there. E is going with me, so she will be apprised of my records and past pitfalls, plus let her knowcmy blood type *with antigens*, so I don't get jaundiced again. E remembers all that stuff, but I don't.
                  Apparently she is located somewhere in the oncology section of the Cancer Center, which I'm pretty familiar with.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good morning! Back to feeling much better. Just the cough and sniffles...
                    Sunny and bright here. Our temps are in the 70's this week.
                    Pat, do you get your test so you can fix what you missed? With your bookkeeping and Chris's IT, you two would be a dynamic duo, for sure!
                    I can't believe how long it has taken me to do this. Kids are excited to be back.
                    And Donna, the fact Blaise talked to you about how he felt and why he did it, is huge! Some kids that age would still be denying it was them. Keep the dialogue going, both ways. As adults we tend to talk more than we listen. And talk in a neutral situation, no stress on either of you. And if there is something you can both agree on to do for him to earn a card...give him opportunity for success not just experience with the punishment. That way you build up actions you want to repeat.
                    I have eaten soup,since getting sick and that is all that sounds good.
                    My friend's funeral service is this coming Saturday. Since I missed church yesterday I missed the sign up sheet for food and will have to call and see what is needed.
                    Sher was involved in dog rescue and the city has named the dog park ( in planning stage) the Sher Wintle Memorial Dog Park. The fundraising will probably go faster with her name.
                    Hope your Monday goes well!
                    Thanks for all your comments and kind words!

Comment

Aloha all!

Just saying hello for the moment as I have to get ready for breakfast.

Had to laugh at the Blaise story though as I went through the same sort of story with Patty when she was about his age. Took money out of my purse without my knowing and she treated the whole neighborhood when the ice cream truck came around. She got the same sort of treatment Blaise did.

Back later and all have a good day.

Comment

Working...
                      X